Input/Output Interfaces (6 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly with MediaPortal. But I got one problem: MediaPortal also responds to the remote of my Television: a Philips SBC RP 520 remote. (RC5 protocol) Only a few keys are responding in MediaPortal: when I press...
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly...
Hi everyone, Today I installed the IR receiver that came with my Hauppage PVR-350 TV card. The remote (34 buttons) works perfectly...
Replies
Views
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR, apparently, and about a year ago I bought a 50" plasma to replace my old 32" LCD. The fix is to block the low-level background IR and still let the remote IR through. I used masking tape, per this useful thread...
Well, I finally found the time/energy to tackle this problem again, and found a fix. Plasma TV's emit random amounts of IR...
I've been searching high and low, but can't find anything like this on the internet. I previously had a Tira2 IR receiver in my old...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your answer! Well, I think that I'm going to get another model...
Thanks for your answer! Well, I think that I'm going to get another model...
Hello, I've been digging into the forum looking for information for this remote sold on ebay: Media Center MCE PC HTPC IR...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the reply. arsenal333's project is very impressive, but what it does is redirecting commands from the user remote. I was hoping it would be possible to issue commands based on an MP output from actions like play music, watch video, watch tv. Together with iPimp, This could eliminate the remote.
Thank you for the reply. arsenal333's project is very impressive, but what it does is redirecting commands from the user remote. I...
Hi! I've searched everywhere for an answer to this, but without luck. There are countles threads related to the MP IR input...
Replies
Views
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go to settings and select with my remote the item display settings. the vfd display shows: in line 1: settings in line 2: display settings but after 3 or 4 seconds it turns into the idle-mode and...
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go...
Hello, first sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with my vfd-display and the minidisplay plugin. an example: i go...
Replies
Views
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial connection from Minidisplay I would be very greatful. I am looking for a new project to advance my microcontroler programming knowledge, and have been thinking for some time to replace the Soundgraph LCD from...
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial...
Hi Hope someone can, and might be willing to help! can anyone can provide the communication specifications for serial...
Replies
Views
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my thermaltake iMON VFD. software is installed but when MP minidisplay wanted to register an uncertified driver i clicked it away... i just allowed w7 to install uncertified drivers - BUT doesn't matter how...
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my...
hi team, i just had a fresh install of MP 1.1.2 which works brilliant so far but minidisplay is giving me a headache with my...
Replies
Views
Logitech Harmony One? I have one and it works great :D I use it with the MCE IR reciever.
Logitech Harmony One? I have one and it works great :D I use it with the MCE IR reciever.
Hi All- I just built a new HTPC and picked up a new LCD TV and AV receiver (I have been saving up for a while!). So now I am...
Replies
Views
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started then the remote choosen and then...I can use the remote in MediaPortal. What a hassle. I did monkey around with the Pinnacle Versions. Deinstalled 6 then Installed 4 (to use it like you do ) and then...
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started...
Hello everybody, is there someone who is using the same Pinnacle card with the belonging remote control ...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I want to buy URC8308, but whether it will work with my HTPC and mediaportal? p.s Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Replies
Views
In my experience: Older model Hauppauge (Win-TV Nova series) remotes Any Windows Media Centre compatible remote You'll need to select the right one in Configuration, but all the mapping is taken care of.
In my experience: Older model Hauppauge (Win-TV Nova series) remotes Any Windows Media Centre compatible remote You'll need...
As the questions says, are there any remotes that work with MP out the box? edit: available in the UK
Replies
Views
Hi Yes I would like some info on remote button mapping as well? as I would like to map my green button to 'start MP exe' to another button, so I can keep green button to start Windows Media Center exe, so I can go back & forth to either app, ie watch Blu-Ray in Win Media Center & to then be able to switch back to MP for everything...
Hi Yes I would like some info on remote button mapping as well? as I would like to map my green button to 'start MP exe' to...
I see there's a configuration area called "Mapping Buttons", but I can't find any documentation on it. There's a section in the...
Replies
Views
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something. When I use the numpad on a keyboard as my controling input device, I set the keyboard shortcuts to map the numpad keys to up down select type movements etc.. but when I go into a menu, instead of...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
How do you turn off the NumPad menu file autosearch function? It acts like some mobile phone address book list seeker or something...
Replies
Views
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote working. I have no idea what the brand is. They sell them a lot on Ebay: PC Remote Control & Wireless Mice Windows MCE Vista XP - eBay (item 350174710323 end time Dec-26-10 03:16:50 PST) But for some...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
I've been using a much older version of MediaPortal and just upgraded to the latest. With little trouble, I got my generic remote...
Replies
Views
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Sorry if this is a really noobish question but, how the hell do i set up the keys in mediaportal config? I go into config, tick to...
Replies
Views
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which makes me wonder if i should invest the money in a license of powerdvd or not. Cyberlink have the tendency of being very unresponsive whenever the end user requires support for a software that they paid for...
Great, Althought i've been reading about the bluray handler pluginn and the integration of native bluray player in MP 1.3 which...
So I have been setting up MediaPortal over the last few weeks to work in my Home Theater room and I believe I almost have it. I...
Replies
Views
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV receiver. I setup 650 to control volume by AV receiver but for some reason volume up/down button are controlling mediaportal volume instead. I tried select device "AV receiver" directly with the...
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV...
I just bought Logitech Harmony 650 remote for my HTPC running WIN7, mediaportal. I use ATI 5450 to output sound to the Pioneer AV...
Replies
Views
Hi, is the Receiver of GP-IR02BK remote RC6 compatible, so that i can use a logitech harmony one? Thank you
Hi, is the Receiver of GP-IR02BK remote RC6 compatible, so that i can use a logitech harmony one? Thank you
Replies
Views
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using a keyboard takes away alot of the good feeling so I'm looking for a good wireless controller I can use, is there anyone that can recomend one?
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using...
After watching some AVGN videos I just had to play some old NES/SNES games, so I fired up an emulator and it works well, but using...
Replies
Views
Can no-one offer any advice?
Can no-one offer any advice?
Hi there - hope someone can help me with this as it is driving me bonkers. I have an mCubed HFX classic case that came with iMon...
Replies
Views
Run Group Policy Object Editor (GPEdit.msc), expand Computer Configuration (for per-machine settings if you want disable for all users on the computer) or User Configuration (for per-user settings if you want to disable for logged on user only), then expand Administrative Templates, and finally Windows Components, and select Windows...
Run Group Policy Object Editor (GPEdit.msc), expand Computer Configuration (for per-machine settings if you want disable for all...
Aloha all together I just got a problem I didn't find an answer to by searching the Forum. Windows 7 Home Premium has been...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it would be nice to have a wireless keyboard with touchscreen, maybe trackball on it. Is the Logitech Revue keyboard as a single unit available anywhere? Or can you recommend other keyboards that you use...
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it...
Hey Guys, i saw that Logitech Revue keyboard and really liked it. As I use my MePo PC for surfing and administration, too, it...
Replies
Views
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the PC...help needed?
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the...
For anyone wanting to use the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth BD Remote with Windows and/or MediaPortal can use my application to do...
Replies
Views
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the LeadTek drivers to the very latest version available off their web-site. Suddenly, a whole bunch of buttons that had stopped working on the remote are now working again, so I'm back to having a properly...
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the...
Well I've had a good look around and hit up the search function and I can't see any feedback regarding Leadtek's new RC config...
Replies
Views
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Hi, I only stumbled upon this marvellous project yesterday, but have one small problem. Up, down, left, right and OK work fine on...
Replies
Views
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It does not work in Windows is (XP, Windows 7), nor in MediaPortal. Only some keys. Does anyone experience with this remote control? What could be the problem. I thought it was one of the MCE remote clones...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty damn expensive Harmony 1000 which eventually died, I figured I'd share this find to spread the love. I'm not affiliated with whoever wrote this app in any way, but great work deserves to be shared...
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty...
Hi all, I don't usually pimp products, but after the pain I went through with who knows how many iMon setups and even a pretty...
Replies
Views
I solve this problem. I must switch keyboard from czech to english and button 0-9 is funkcion
I solve this problem. I must switch keyboard from czech to english and button 0-9 is funkcion
| Logitech Harmony One | Soundgraph IMon Pad Remote Controller | MCE Remote | | Shortcut'er | Soundraph iMON Software | Harmony...
Replies
Views
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
Hi, I've got a MCE-Remote (the one on the left in MP Configuration, guess it is a pretty old one). With MP 1.0 everything...
Replies
Views
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for turning MP on and of with red button, for rest i use UltraXMediaRemotePlugin.zip from roysolberg and it works almost perfect. Now, i was wandering, is there any way to map two buttons on remote for calling TV...
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for...
First sorry for almost spamming forum with my cries for help :sorry: Hi guys, i have UltraX Media Remote and Eventghost for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom