Input/Output Interfaces (14 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Since I posted yesterday, I've found the appropriate thread, apologies for starting a new one!
Hi, I only stumbled upon this marvellous project yesterday, but have one small problem. Up, down, left, right and OK work fine on...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the advice. I may look for it or contact them - it was a pain to deal with. I would install the software, and when first launched it I could click add / delete buttons for the remote and could add some iMon remotes (although there was no PAD option, just EX and a couple others, or generic RC). I would switch to it and...
Thanks for the advice. I may look for it or contact them - it was a pain to deal with. I would install the software, and when...
I'm having some trouble getting MP configured correctly with a harmony 550. I have Win XP Pro SP3 Harmony 550 Antec Fusion case...
Replies
Views
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with MediaPortal?
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with...
I`m thinking of buying the Hauppauge 1600 (model 1181), does anyone know if the remote that comes with it will work well with...
Replies
Views
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started then the remote choosen and then...I can use the remote in MediaPortal. What a hassle. I did monkey around with the Pinnacle Versions. Deinstalled 6 then Installed 4 (to use it like you do ) and then...
AW: REMOTE for PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI (4000i) Hi Jimbolina, ==> Unfortunately true I have to confirm this. PCTV must be started...
Hello everybody, is there someone who is using the same Pinnacle card with the belonging remote control ...
Replies
Views
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working from all power states. IrTrans is pretty flexible... so you can normally also use every other ir remote for it... if you want. CU Lars
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working...
I'm trying to finish off my HTPC, and I'm looking for a way to power it on and off via remote control. My spec is: Antec...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I want to buy URC8308, but whether it will work with my HTPC and mediaportal? p.s Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Hi all! I have HTPC in the case Zalman HD503 with IMON LCD from Soundgraph. Recently, native remote control IMON has broken. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
Thanks guys. I am located in USA.
I havent get remote control with my TV tuner card, my card is PCI CAPTR HUPPAUGE|1042 PVR MCE 150. can some one suggest how i can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the tipical keys like arrows, but no works the other keys like STOP;PLAY;BACKMENU,etc.... In theory this remote control is compatible with Media Center Edition....but no with Media Portal?? Please I need...
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the...
Hi everyone, I have a Giada Mini PC i30, and I configured Media Portal, but I have a problem with remote control, Only works the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote Control DE
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this side, M$ have been known to get it wrong ;)
I would save for the extra expense, really does payoff long term, all the encoders built in, so no reliance on windows for this...
Yesterday I wanted to order 2 MS Remote Controls, but the shopkeeper said it's an end-of-life product. Is there an alternative...
Replies
Views
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to keyboard shortcut). Probably not the best way but it works perfectly :). ((in vista)). If the reception of the case isn't sufficient what would be the best way to increase it? I did the following with...
Yes I've ordered the antec case. I bought one before and managed to make it work. I created the shortcuts by hand. (bind button to...
I want a remote that can do it all. htpc / av receiver / tv What would you suggest?
Replies
Views
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I have a multi-seat MP 1.0.2 set up, with my Foxtel IQ STB connected to svideo and analog audio inputs on my HVR2200 in the TV Server. The MP client can see and hear the STB channels fine. My question is...
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I...
Hi all, This is probably one of those questions that have an obvious answer, and I'm just not able to find the solution:-) I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote / IR Receiver Advice (1 Viewer) DE
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our toilet (yeah even I had to laugh) so I had to get a new one. I then installed it quickly as soon as it arrived with the showdown sequence to turn my TV, AVR, and HTPC all off at exactly the same time...
Hi All, You're not going to believe this but I have found a solution! My 1 year old decided to relocate my Harmony remote in our...
Hi, Wanting some advice on a solution to my continued issue with my IR remote. If you look at my system specs under my avatar you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remote DE
Hi! looks exactly like the mce remote, should be ok(?). /tompa
Hi! looks exactly like the mce remote, should be ok(?). /tompa
Hi ppl, This is my first post :D I need buy a remote control for my media center. This remote control Speed Link Comando...
Replies
Views
A
URC-100 I'd recommend the URC-100. This is a nice RF + IR remote that can do 8 devices, and fully learnable (plus JTAG interface!), with over 40 keys. There's a very good discussion of this remote (and its bigger brothers) at http://www.remotecentral.com/urcseries/ For the RF portion to work, you need to buy the MRF-100A RF...
URC-100 I'd recommend the URC-100. This is a nice RF + IR remote that can do 8 devices, and fully learnable (plus JTAG...
I need an RF remote as my HTPC is hidden and I don’t want to walk in to the next room to change channel. Can anyone recommend a...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hi Gal, Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive the notification (or I didn't see it). Using an USB->Parallel adapter should resolve the problem, but it add a component in the list. There must be, somewhere, something the does what we are looking for :-)
Hi Gal, Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive the notification (or I didn't see it). Using an USB->Parallel adapter should...
Greetings :) I'm looking for a small & simple (=cheap...;)) LCD/VFD display for my HTPC in order to avoid turning the TV ON...
Replies
Views
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape remote receiver. Would something like this do the trick? HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 HP Media Center IR Infrared USB Receiver OVU400102/71 | eBay
I have a harmony one I have just bought and am looking for a receiver that is less tempremental than my current Fractal Shape...
Hi I have spent ages trying to search this forum for a fully compatible IR receiver for WME for my Logitech Harmony One. I had...
Replies
Views
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD pins. I have also connected the USB plug internally. Is there anything else that is needed? And, which button is used? The PowerToggle? I have a Harmony remote, so I need to know which button to configure...
Hi! I connected the power cable from the powersupply to the plug from the VFD, and I have connected the Power, Reset and HDD...
Hello, What is current status with buggy VFD in Antec Fusion V2/430 (Silver) ? I gonna cover the original, build in IR as I...
Replies
Views
sound great. i dont have a PS3 but I applaud the initiative of offering your help to anyone who may need it.
sound great. i dont have a PS3 but I applaud the initiative of offering your help to anyone who may need it.
I've just got my PS3 remote up and working. Config XP pro SP3 (swe) MP 1.0.2 IRserver suite 1.4.2 Billionton bluetooth...
Replies
Views
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the PC...help needed?
Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the...
For anyone wanting to use the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth BD Remote with Windows and/or MediaPortal can use my application to do...
Replies
Views
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my build. at the moment, i have not connected the SSD. as i dont want to continually write to it and possibly damage it. so win 7 ultimate has been installed on my old 250GB HDD (going to be used for music...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
im 99% done in building my HTPC. im just waiting on a tv card to arrive in the new year. in the mean time, i have been testing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, welcome. This is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Hi, welcome. This is the English part of the forum. Please translate.
Ciao a tutti, ho un problema, sul mio PC ho installato una WinTV-HVR-4400 HD, il kit ha sia il telecomando che il ricevitore da...
Replies
Views
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking without problem with xp and vista with seven but I miss a button the button "info" for the subtitle, etc ... mutate that the keyboard is represented by the Y button voila if someone is kind enough to...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
Replies
Views
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It does not work in Windows is (XP, Windows 7), nor in MediaPortal. Only some keys. Does anyone experience with this remote control? What could be the problem. I thought it was one of the MCE remote clones...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
I bought a remote control as the image (in the center of the image). I can not set up to work with the standard MCE receiver. It...
Replies
Views
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can power up the HTPC with the power button on the remote. I am wondering if anyone has used these and which ones have worked well for them without problems. Currently I use the Microsoft IR adapter that...
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can...
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pinnacle pctv 110i DE
AW: Pinnacle pctv 110i search in the forum for pinnacle remotes, i think it is possible to integrate them
AW: Pinnacle pctv 110i search in the forum for pinnacle remotes, i think it is possible to integrate them
Hello everyone. I have the tv-card pinnacle pctv 110i and i installed media portal, but i can´t use the remote control with...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes the remote itself may be "filled" with the MCE-remote keys (or any other) and is then supported by MP. You only need a compliant IR-Receiver (like iMon, Itrans, MCE-Receiver etc) cheers joystick
Hi, yes the remote itself may be "filled" with the MCE-remote keys (or any other) and is then supported by MP. You only need a...
Hi, i currently am using a Logitech DiNovo Mini as "remote" for my mediacenter, but am interested in going "full remote" =) and...
Replies
Views
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and there is no problem. With Philips on ASUS I have to plugin the receiver a few seconds after system boots - then the receiver works. I will try to find a fix on ASUS homepage. CU André
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and...
I purchased some weeks ago a Philips white MCE remote; it works like a charm after pluging it but I've discovered that whenever I...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they require. 500ma. Make sure you have no other devices sharing the power with it, or hang it off a powered hub if needs be. I used the MCE replacement drivers (that are now marked as obsolete) and it works...
Not sure if this is still relevant, but I have just got some of these receivers. The big issue I had was the amount of power they...
Hi Guys, Running MP on XP SP3 and got a Philips MCE remote and receiver from eBay. XP detected the receiver as 'bb+ dongle...
Replies
Views
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be because your remote has a slightly different USB ID. If it is in the same family as the remotes that other people have got working then you should still be able to look for the MaxRepeatPauseInterval and...
Hi brokenrobot Did you manage to get this sorted? If Windows doesn't want to use the driver with your remote then it may be...
So I managed to get the remote working after following instuctions somewhere on this forum but the remote acts as if the keys are...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hmmm... One big negative point about this RC on my system. Seems not to wake the HTPC from sleep. Yes, I've got all the right checkboxes checked in Control Panel and also tried all possible BIOS settings and BIOS update. Got two other keyboards (one is the Nyxboard, also RF and "unusual") - both work, but this one does not. Of...
Hi All, Hmmm... One big negative point about this RC on my system. Seems not to wake the HTPC from sleep. Yes, I've got all the...
Hi All, News on a cheap Remote Control with the follwing features: - Mouse / Trackball - QWERTY keyboard - Hybrid Infra-red (IR...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom