Input/Output Interfaces (10 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop, pause, and back buttons all working. So that is great. I will probably play around based upon your third suggestion to see if I can map other keys, but for now it's working well enough that my wife...
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop...
Hi, I am struggling to get MediaPortal configured to work with my remote the way I'd like and wanted to ask a few questions to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Integrated Receiver DE
this is the way to go when you use analogue output... when you use SPDIF (and AC3/DTS), cannot be done peterfup, if you want to connect your big speakers directly to a computer, you will still need a pre-amp, that can drive your speakers (same Ohm and not crazy Watt difference)... maybe I misunderstood you?
this is the way to go when you use analogue output... when you use SPDIF (and AC3/DTS), cannot be done peterfup, if you want to...
Hi, I'm considering making my own HTPC. But I would like to get rid of all my systems in the living room. So no cd, dvd...
Replies
Views
Ok, but if the range is that good it might be working acceptable even if i plug it in the rear of the HTPC... Don't see any other minimalistic, yet elegant option for me...
Ok, but if the range is that good it might be working acceptable even if i plug it in the rear of the HTPC... Don't see any other...
I've been looking a while for a keyboard and mouse to replace my current Logitech EX100 set which btw suck. So i came across the MS...
Replies
Views
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working from all power states. IrTrans is pretty flexible... so you can normally also use every other ir remote for it... if you want. CU Lars
My Zalman case 160HD has also such an function. It comes with an embedded IrTrans receiver and a MCE remote. PowerUp is working...
I'm trying to finish off my HTPC, and I'm looking for a way to power it on and off via remote control. My spec is: Antec...
Replies
Views
D
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom of the post) is a video of a 7" touch screen (with indigo) in action.... should give you some feeling. regards, Ruud.
7" video of MP in action (Indigo skin) Hi Pussywagon, in first post of this thread (just above the thumnails on the bottom...
Hi, I want to have control over my HTPC without turning the projector on or using VNC. The display in my Silverstone LC-11 is...
Replies
Views
No it isn't and it's going to be impossible to solve as it only happens every few days! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-cards-333/compro-devices-failing-windows-7-a-85720/
No it isn't and it's going to be impossible to solve as it only happens every few days...
Hi all. I have spent a long time trawling forums already and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I'm rebuilding my car at the...
Replies
Views
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
have you got the cable from the botton on the front connected into the back of the VFD or is is directly in the motherboard?
Although there are a few threads on the Antec Fusion 430 case, I haven't found any concrete answers as to whether or not the...
Replies
Views
O.K. not sure but I do have the Hauppauge remote and it loads a Irremote.ini file in the windows directory to customize the remote button operation per each application. I would ***THINK**** that if you have a mce compatable remote you would not load or use a Irremote.ini file. copy of file attached with name changed from *.ini...
O.K. not sure but I do have the Hauppauge remote and it loads a Irremote.ini file in the windows directory to customize the remote...
Hello all... I've read here and on a variety of other sites about editing C:\Windows\Irremote.ini to customize certain features of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 VFD / LCD Display DE
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music from my library. Many people contribute to my library (375GB of .mp3's) and when a song comes up that I did not put there, I want to know who it is. My setup displays the info every 30seconds for 10...
I have MP1.0 and use the iMon remote and I love it with the LCD display. I actually use the display A LOT. I play a lot of music...
i sadly bought a case without front display. Well i want one now tho :/ which would be best to choose? Which is one does work...
Replies
Views
I've posted somewhere in the forum about solving the problem (excuse me because I'm new to MP). I've same X10 remote (Model UR51A) with receriver (MR26A). I've tried snapstream driver and it's still not working. Then, after installing BOOM 2000 from X10 web site, my X10 remote is now working with MP. I've selected "other" as X10...
I've posted somewhere in the forum about solving the problem (excuse me because I'm new to MP). I've same X10 remote (Model UR51A)...
Hi Everyone, I am unable to get my X10 "mp3 remote" (Model UR51A) working with MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1. I connected the...
Replies
Views
Win7 EyeTV Sat with Cam Slot S7 Driver 1.0.7.601, not newer! Otherwise the eyetv is not working with mepo.
Win7 EyeTV Sat with Cam Slot S7 Driver 1.0.7.601, not newer! Otherwise the eyetv is not working with mepo.
Loving all this and setting things up just right, missing the ability to have HD on the PC and record decent documentaries. Spotted...
Replies
Views
Some should I guess. Search for MiniDisplay in the forum or wiki. Look for MiniDisplay plugin in your MP configuration. Though usually those are actually internal displays but I guess if you are ready to DIY you could mount some externally. Most people have various versions of SoundGraph iMON VFD or LCD. Though those really are just...
Some should I guess. Search for MiniDisplay in the forum or wiki. Look for MiniDisplay plugin in your MP configuration. Though...
Hi all! Does anyone have an idea how to use external usb VFD or LCD display to manage media portal? Google search drives me here...
Replies
Views
AW: Multitouch - resp. MS Surface The main problem of each multi touch lcd display is the aspect ratio combined with less multi touch points... most displays only have 2 points...
AW: Multitouch - resp. MS Surface The main problem of each multi touch lcd display is the aspect ratio combined with less multi...
.. Hi there out in the www ----- just wondering myself - isn't it so, that win7 got a multitouch i/o? and couldn't it be...
Replies
Views
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Thanx for your help, needed one:thx:
Hi i'm looking for a good matrix lcd screen for my HTPC, I have already found some nice lcd's:D. BLK202A-WB-BK Matrix Orbital...
Replies
Views
It runs not only perfect with MP, you can use it for Windows, Firefox, whatever... as well! It's great for short useage, but if you want to use it as a real remote for MP take a look at the iPiMP plugin vor MP!
It runs not only perfect with MP, you can use it for Windows, Firefox, whatever... as well! It's great for short useage, but if...
I was reading this article at Toms Hardware and was interested to see the use of an IPOD TOUCH as their preferred remote for their...
Replies
Views
A
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now. The remote is kinda small but for that price you can also buy a learning universal remote and use the small one for doing presentations or something. I suppose with a little programming the receiver...
If you won't be using a TV tuner the Keyspan Digital Media Remote works great and it's only $9 after rebate at CompUSA right now...
Which remote controls should I consider for the HTPC? Thanks!
Replies
Views
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF MCE X10 Remote Model OR22V - Setup for xbmc with Intelliremote - XBMC Community Forum Fixed a problem for me on the ATI remote wonder RF x10 remote control on vista x64. I merely changed the RF channel...
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF...
If you have issues with your X10 remote, where it sends all (or some) of the keyspresses twice then check out this thread: RF...
Replies
Views
That's what they do. They are just mini wireless keyboard.
That's what they do. They are just mini wireless keyboard.
Hi guys. I have had a little read through the forum and the posts I have come across seem a year or two old and I had wondered if...
Replies
Views
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm uploading them to rapidshare as we speak. I didn't want to take any chances on missing any of the drivers you need, so I uploaded all that I have. They come in a 30ish MB rar file. Edit: Drivers
I have the drivers since I exported all the drivers from my setup before installing a stripped down Vista Ultimate setup, I'm...
Today i decided to do a fresh install of vista. Instead of downloading sp1 and going through a lot of configuration i decided to...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Hello, I am going to buy/build a new htpc for my girlfriend. It will be mounted behind the TV (Vesa-Mount) so I need a remote...
Replies
Views
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Sorry if this is a really noobish question but, how the hell do i set up the keys in mediaportal config? I go into config, tick to...
Replies
Views
This doesn't make any sense... Mediaportal is not a piece of hardware, so it shouldn't be listed there.
This doesn't make any sense... Mediaportal is not a piece of hardware, so it shouldn't be listed there.
As the title says, Media Portal has been added to logitech harmony database. Happy Days for Harmony Users
Replies
Views
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need is a IR port for your PC.
You can also buy a Logitech Harmony remote, those can be programed to be just about any remote you want to use. Then all you need...
Hi! Noticed that it is hard to get the MCE remote here in Sweden lately. You can get the remote it self, but not with the IR...
Replies
Views
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device manager is misidentifying the IRRcvr and is installing a "USB Composite device" under the controllers instead of the IR bus. Placing and reg'ing the sys/inf files has done nothing and it doesn't appear as...
Well, crud! Thx to the power company I've had to rebuild my "XP Home" HTPC. The IR reciever is giving me a LOT of grief. The device...
Howdy all !! First timer here. I am building my 1st HTPC and need advice on a non-MCE remote control for Mediaportal. I am...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch and would be happy to know your opinion about whether it should be offered as kit where you'd have to solder some components yourself or as a ready-to-use and completely built device. Option A would...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Here I wrote down some features of my universal multi-protocol IR receiver. At the moment I think about manufacturing a small batch...
Replies
Views
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also chosen Sceneo as my remote. Most buttons now work in MediaPortal but it's another compromise. I still have the following issues: - Green button doesn't launch MediaPortal (even with MPTray running). It...
OK, an update...I've downloaded the Centarea HID.xml file from that German thread and replaced the original one with it. I've also...
Hi, I need to choose a remote to control MediaPortal but have no idea where to start. All I know is that I want a traditional...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Logitech Harmony DE
I just got the Harony 525, and using it as a hauppauge remote. Unfortunately Logiteh aren't too informative on their website about it's features. But it's highly customizable, you can either learn from other remotes or use some of their database codes. It supports both hauppauge remotes, and MCE too I think. Actually they have...
I just got the Harony 525, and using it as a hauppauge remote. Unfortunately Logiteh aren't too informative on their website...
Hi, this is what I'm taking about: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detailsharmony/US/EN,CRID=2084,CONTENTID=9933...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Harmony remotes (1 Viewer) DE
I'm experimenting a bit and it appears that MCE remotes on harmony have bigger lag than other remotes. For example if I set my harmony to control TV, it will send commands quicker than in "MCE mode". It's still not nearly as fast as original remote, but improvement. And since MCE receiver can receive commands from any remote, it...
I'm experimenting a bit and it appears that MCE remotes on harmony have bigger lag than other remotes. For example if I set my...
Which harmony remote for my needs please help :) I currently have a hp receiver and mce remote, i would like to have something...
Replies
Views
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR Server Suite. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_public_test_version-t24849.html I don't intend to support the MCE Replacement Plugin or TV3 MCE Blaster plugin much longer. There...
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR...
Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce) so i need the remote aswell, which i need to buy seperatly. My Question is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote that hardly worked and after months of putting it off went and bought a Hauppauge RC6 remote. Firstly the remote works great, all the buttons actually do something for a change BUT.... I have a...
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote...
Hi everyone, I love mediaportal but getting a decent remote happening is driving me insane. I started with a dodgey "MCE" remote...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom