Input/Output Interfaces (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
I have one of these remotes USB Windows Media Center Remote Control for PC Notebook - eBay Other Remote Controls, Remote Controls, Accessories, Electronics. (end time 25-Sep-10 20:09:09 AEST) to control my HTPC. Does anyone know if a logitech remote will work with the USB IR that comes with this remote? Thanks, Brett
I have one of these remotes USB Windows Media Center Remote Control for PC Notebook - eBay Other Remote Controls, Remote Controls...
I have one of these remotes USB Windows Media Center Remote Control for PC Notebook - eBay Other Remote Controls, Remote Controls...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the help. How simple really. I was under the impression that you had to tick "Use Hauppauge Remote" under the Hauppauge tab, but apparantly not! My remote is exactly the same by the way, pretty sweet remote when all things are working properly. :)
Thanks for the help. How simple really. I was under the impression that you had to tick "Use Hauppauge Remote" under the...
I have bought this remote thinking it would be a piece of cake to make it work with Media Portal, but it's not as easy as I...
Replies
Views
i found one, after much searching. this universal card/sim reader has an IR receiver, is perfectly MCE compliant, works without any issues with a harmony programmed as an MCE remote, and fits in a 3.5" drive bay. also comes with an MCE remote if you prefer to use the one provided. and comes with a white replacement faceplate if...
i found one, after much searching. this universal card/sim reader has an IR receiver, is perfectly MCE compliant, works without...
i found one, after much searching. this universal card/sim reader has an IR receiver, is perfectly MCE compliant, works without...
Replies
Views
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the imon software, but you can basically forget about it ever being a seamless solution. the inherent flaw is that the imon software has hard coded buttons that cannot be changed (exit linked to backspace, for...
it can but it won't work well. i have attempted for several weeks to use a logitech harmony programmed as an MCE remote with the...
Just built a new media centre using an Antec Fusion case. How do I get the IR receiver to work with MediaPortal? The supplied...
Replies
Views
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that satisfy me. What i really like is for instance this pack from Asus, but afaik, it's not available with Scandinavian layout: The key features will be a minimalistic design, in other words: no numpad...
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that...
I've been looking for a perfect solution for keyboard/mouse for my HTPC setup for a while, but i can't seem to find anything that...
Replies
Views
Rather look for one with the 4 coloured buttons. Mine looks like this: Microsoft MCE Remote Control USB IR Receiver Win7 Vista - eBay (item 320564233836 end time Sep-18-10 03:02:07 PDT)
Rather look for one with the 4 coloured buttons. Mine looks like this: Microsoft MCE Remote Control USB IR Receiver Win7 Vista -...
i see there are many options people talk about using remote for media portal and honestly am confused which one is good and which...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed media portal and i love the whole setup. My problem is that i cant get my remote to work. It is a linksys remote that was working with wmc. Does anyone have any idea how i can work out this kink...
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed...
Hello, I hope someone can help me! Lol. I was having issues with Win Media Center so i decided to do away with it. I installed...
Replies
Views
No it isn't and it's going to be impossible to solve as it only happens every few days! https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-cards-333/compro-devices-failing-windows-7-a-85720/
No it isn't and it's going to be impossible to solve as it only happens every few days...
Hi all. I have spent a long time trawling forums already and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I'm rebuilding my car at the...
Replies
Views
lmremote free version supports learning so you can learn the buttons, I use lmremote to change the volume on my audio receiver and it learnt the IR codes. I didnt have to pay anything. IRSS wouldn't work with my IR receiver, but lmremote worked fine. It takes a lot of fiddling to learn the codes, and after it learnt them i edited...
lmremote free version supports learning so you can learn the buttons, I use lmremote to change the volume on my audio receiver and...
I have a WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit Tuner Card but not using the card.. The Kit included IR blaster. I can not get the blaster to work...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late reply. anyway, I did not try the Terratec remote at all, since I have a Harmony 515, configured as MCE and IMON PAD.
Sorry for the late reply. anyway, I did not try the Terratec remote at all, since I have a Harmony 515, configured as MCE and IMON PAD.
Hi! I have just built my HTPC: Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350 (w/ iMON LCD and iMON mini remote) Asus M4785G PRO Athlon II...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Hello, I am going to buy/build a new htpc for my girlfriend. It will be mounted behind the TV (Vesa-Mount) so I need a remote...
Replies
Views
Hi Peter, yes i did tick mce rc in Mp. What do you mean in between? It seems like the ir receiver is receiving something since the volume gods up and down. If i use the ir receiver that comes with the hvr-4000 and tick the hauppauge in MP Them every thing works. :sorry:
Hi Peter, yes i did tick mce rc in Mp. What do you mean in between? It seems like the ir receiver is receiving something...
Hi Folks, I have a MCE RC that came with Hauppauge HVR-4000. I have tried almost everything but can not get it to work at...
Replies
Views
Hey hioctane, Thanks for that speedy reply. I don't think the wake up will be too much of an issue as I have a WOL app for my iPhone if I get too lazy to press the power button! Lol What do I need to download and is the configuration tricky? Thanks Langers I have installed IRSS and chose the MCE profile and no joy. Please...
Hey hioctane, Thanks for that speedy reply. I don't think the wake up will be too much of an issue as I have a WOL app for my...
Hi Guys, First off, I'm new here so go easy if you can (unless I'm being a total douche!!) I would also like to take this...
Replies
Views
Firstly, my apologies, I don't use MP. Tried it and couldn't see how it could make my life easier. It doesn't have a proprietary browser like Zinc TV, and for playing local files I can click on shortucts of "My Videos" or "My Music" on the desktop and play files via VLC or WMP software. May be this is because my HTPC is a separate...
Firstly, my apologies, I don't use MP. Tried it and couldn't see how it could make my life easier. It doesn't have a proprietary...
Firstly, my apologies, I don't use MP. Tried it and couldn't see how it could make my life easier. It doesn't have a proprietary...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 König MCE Remote DE
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime I went into the config so I gave up on it. I use Eventghost for a lot of other stuff (the most amazing and useful software I've come across!), so I would never dream of uninstalling it. Anyway, we now know...
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime...
Just bought a König MCE "compatible" remote from kjell.com (sweden): Kjell & Company - Nordens bredaste sortiment av tillbehr fr...
Replies
Views
Sounds like your not sure if you even have any problems. when you return to mediaportal is it where you left it?
Sounds like your not sure if you even have any problems. when you return to mediaportal is it where you left it?
Hi! I'm using an Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom 330, ION, 2GB RAM) as my HTPC and I'm trying to set up my remote (X10 RF MCE...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine when running mediaportal 1.0.2 but since upgrade to 1.1.0 Rx I have had this problem. I'm now running mp 1.1.0 R5 on Win XP SP2 Any one that can spread some light on this sticky/repeating key problem...
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine...
Hello all - I have an old - perhaps 2-3 years old MCE Remote and this week it has started this wierd thing where it will scroll...
Replies
Views
worth a shot, it has a usb hacks option and a few other things that you could try Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool but getting a program that will stop a service on standby and restart on resume, might work too. i think there is already a program that does this i just cant remember the name. ps - imon sucks, i recommend spending...
worth a shot, it has a usb hacks option and a few other things that you could try Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool but getting a...
Hello, I'm using a Genius LuxeMate 810 Media Cruiser under Windows 7 Pro 32bit. My Problem is, that after resuming from Standby...
Replies
Views
Nope, not much.
Nope, not much.
I think I made a pretty nice Eventghost config and I want to share it with you all. I made it for the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE, but...
Replies
Views
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal (won't recognise any buttons). There is an other post about the issue, maybe you have the same problem?
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal...
Hello everyone ! I bought a Logitech harmony 700 remote to control MediaPortal. I also bought an USBUIRT IR receiver to make the...
Replies
Views
I understand that MCE remotes can be used to control MP and launch the program using the green button. My problem is that although the gyration remote is certified for MCE it doesn't fully work in MP. In device manager the mouse and remote are listed as HID devices and I obviously have this type of remote enabled in MP. Is it...
I understand that MCE remotes can be used to control MP and launch the program using the green button. My problem is that although...
I understand that MCE remotes can be used to control MP and launch the program using the green button. My problem is that although...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, at the moment, I use the RM200 remote from my Antec Fusion Remote but I'm not very happy with it. Does the Logitech Harmony 300 work with the integrated iMon reciever from the case or do I have to buy another one? fabs
Hey guys, at the moment, I use the RM200 remote from my Antec Fusion Remote but I'm not very happy with it. Does the Logitech...
Hey guys, at the moment, I use the RM200 remote from my Antec Fusion Remote but I'm not very happy with it. Does the Logitech...
Replies
Views
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
I have a Microsoft MCE remote with an IR receiver which works fne apart from I can't get it to wake my PC running Win7 from sleep...
Replies
Views
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it would be mine definately...
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it...
I just found these little toys FingerVU 706 If any one tested it, please share your opinion. If it was wireless though :D it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tevii remote DE
With the newest driver for the S660 the Tevii remote control now works as a MCE remote. But I can't get all of the buttons to work. How do I map the buttons on the Tevii remote to do what I want? e.g. fast fwd/rewind/back etc?
With the newest driver for the S660 the Tevii remote control now works as a MCE remote. But I can't get all of the buttons to work...
With the newest driver for the S660 the Tevii remote control now works as a MCE remote. But I can't get all of the buttons to work...
Replies
Views
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the candidates I am considering: RTI T2C Denon RC-7000CI GRemote (on HTC Wizard) Thomson Gyration 4101 (maybe in the package with keyboard) The first two are very expensive, but promise to control my whole AV...
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the...
Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better. Here are some of the...
Replies
Views
Further to the above please note that in MP 1.12 the InputDeviceMappings folder path is now:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\ Placing the modified mapping file here (overwriting the original version) rather than in a new folder in ProgramData........ works fine and should avoid any...
Further to the above please note that in MP 1.12 the InputDeviceMappings folder path is now:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Team...
Using Eventghost for Hama MCE Remote (to control without focus). It's also named as Hama 52451. Its probably work also with Ortek...
Replies
Views
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont have any idea whats happening there...you can try to disable all remote plugins and the message plugin if installed but better would be to write a new post in the right forum so that other peaple can help you
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont...
Hi, Because i have my LCD-tv as an extended monitor on my pc it happens that mp is not on focus, because i was doing something...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a Microsoft keyboard and controls the HTPC just fine, but the dedicated MCE key pad only works with MediaPortal for the volume controls. I have tried the following options: 1. General HID Device 2...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Hello, I have a Shintaro MCE wireless remote keyboard which is supposed to be MCE compatible. The keyboard looks just like a...
Replies
Views
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All I can remember is that there were very few. Looking at my current Harmony configuration, I have set up a device called "Media Center PC" which is controlled by a "Microsoft Remote Control 1039". The...
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All...
I've recently upgraded my pc and I'm looking for a solution to my remote control problem. My previous pc had an inbuilt Imon...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom