Input/Output Interfaces (12 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
Hi I used Lik-Sang 2 years ago and bought a converter. Now i can use my original SNES controller to control mp (if i have to stand up for the remote at the tv and don't want to do it ;) ). I start snes games through MyPrograms and all with original SNES controler pretty good retro feeling together on a high-end platform :D A...
Hi I used Lik-Sang 2 years ago and bought a converter. Now i can use my original SNES controller to control mp (if i have to...
hello does anyone know, where i can buy (maybe in germany) in an online shop controllers/game pads? but it has to be one thats very...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 König MCE Remote DE
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime I went into the config so I gave up on it. I use Eventghost for a lot of other stuff (the most amazing and useful software I've come across!), so I would never dream of uninstalling it. Anyway, we now know...
Hi, Yeah, I tried this with the Generic Keyboard/Remote plugin but couldn't get it to work. The plugin kept crasching everytime...
Just bought a König MCE "compatible" remote from kjell.com (sweden): Kjell & Company - Nordens bredaste sortiment av tillbehr fr...
Replies
Views
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop, pause, and back buttons all working. So that is great. I will probably play around based upon your third suggestion to see if I can map other keys, but for now it's working well enough that my wife...
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop...
Hi, I am struggling to get MediaPortal configured to work with my remote the way I'd like and wanted to ask a few questions to...
Replies
Views
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I installed XP sp2 again, it fixed the problem.
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I...
Hey folks.. I just purchased an MCE remote which came with the USB IR reciever today. the IR reciever is not showing up in device...
Replies
Views
lmremote free version supports learning so you can learn the buttons, I use lmremote to change the volume on my audio receiver and it learnt the IR codes. I didnt have to pay anything. IRSS wouldn't work with my IR receiver, but lmremote worked fine. It takes a lot of fiddling to learn the codes, and after it learnt them i edited...
lmremote free version supports learning so you can learn the buttons, I use lmremote to change the volume on my audio receiver and...
I have a WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit Tuner Card but not using the card.. The Kit included IR blaster. I can not get the blaster to work...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the advice. I may look for it or contact them - it was a pain to deal with. I would install the software, and when first launched it I could click add / delete buttons for the remote and could add some iMon remotes (although there was no PAD option, just EX and a couple others, or generic RC). I would switch to it and...
Thanks for the advice. I may look for it or contact them - it was a pain to deal with. I would install the software, and when...
I'm having some trouble getting MP configured correctly with a harmony 550. I have Win XP Pro SP3 Harmony 550 Antec Fusion case...
Replies
Views
It runs not only perfect with MP, you can use it for Windows, Firefox, whatever... as well! It's great for short useage, but if you want to use it as a real remote for MP take a look at the iPiMP plugin vor MP!
It runs not only perfect with MP, you can use it for Windows, Firefox, whatever... as well! It's great for short useage, but if...
I was reading this article at Toms Hardware and was interested to see the use of an IPOD TOUCH as their preferred remote for their...
Replies
Views
Logitech Unify range of product comes to mind since you can run up to 6 input devices from a single low profile Unify USB dongle. However I don't believe they offer a Unify remote.
Logitech Unify range of product comes to mind since you can run up to 6 input devices from a single low profile Unify USB dongle...
Can anyone recommend a decent 2.4GHz usb dongle remote that works well with MP? A nice keyboard (with built in mouse trackpad) that...
Replies
Views
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
I received and thoroughly tested that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver. It turns out to be a really good IR receiver...
Replies
Views
Just used it and works really well. Thanks. This is really what i was looking for.
Just used it and works really well. Thanks. This is really what i was looking for.
Hi I have a problem that i need some help with. Since i built my htpc the only interface i use with it is a remote control...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Good Wireless Mouse DE
You might want to check out Gyration mouse products at gyration.com They are a little odd looking but some people like them. I have a Logitech Bluetooth media mouse that works well at 10'. The USB dongle is on an extension cable which increases the range.
You might want to check out Gyration mouse products at gyration.com They are a little odd looking but some people like them. I have...
I was wondering if someone could recommend a good wireless mouse. The last two that I got said "Wireless" but when I got them home...
Replies
Views
Saw that a while ago, might be not that user friendly in dim conditions if not backlit, other wise a nice looking remote. Vista only, but I'm sure you can get it to work with XP https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-124/vista-remote-xp-working-48624/
Saw that a while ago, might be not that user friendly in dim conditions if not backlit, other wise a nice looking remote. Vista...
Hi, after trying to find another mce remote for home ive noticed that they are not longer selled at least anywhere near to where i...
Replies
Views
Which remote I have to select to make working that remote? Does play/stop/rew... works?It doesnt work for me... :(
Which remote I have to select to make working that remote? Does play/stop/rew... works?It doesnt work for me... :(
Can anyone recommend a wireless keyboard/mouse, and/or remote that works well with MP? eg. Does the Logitech S510 system remote...
Replies
Views
I'm using a 555, with an IR reciever (and have been for over a year) with no problems. Just select use MCE remote in the media portal config and your away. And of course make sure you have set up the remote correctly in the Harmony Software.
I'm using a 555, with an IR reciever (and have been for over a year) with no problems. Just select use MCE remote in the media...
I have bought a Harmony 525 and generic IR reciever, and no matter what i cant get the remote to get recognised (ie no reaction...
Replies
Views
It's a keyboard it shows up in devices in Windows. You can map the keys of the NYXBoard remote with MediaPortal http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/8_Remote/Mapping_Buttons You can also use autohotkey: http://forums.pulse-eight.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89 It's a mess ;)
It's a keyboard it shows up in devices in Windows. You can map the keys of the NYXBoard remote with MediaPortal...
Hi All, In my quest for the ultimate remote control setup for my beloved MP HTPC I took the plunge and bought a Motorola NYXboard...
Replies
Views
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
It's in the freaking subject of the topic.. Telldus Technologies Tellstick net support? :D
Hi, Recently I bought a Tellstick net version to be able to control my RF 433MHz light switches from my...
Replies
Views
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All I can remember is that there were very few. Looking at my current Harmony configuration, I have set up a device called "Media Center PC" which is controlled by a "Microsoft Remote Control 1039". The...
A good question - it's a couple of years since I first set this I set it up, and I honestly can't remember what tweaks I made. All...
I've recently upgraded my pc and I'm looking for a solution to my remote control problem. My previous pc had an inbuilt Imon...
Replies
Views
I have the One-for-All 7960, which is identical to the 7962, apart from lacking the "Smart Motion" control. Code 1272 is the correct one to use. With my Microsoft-compatible Dell IR receiver, all buttons work on Windows Media Center without requiring further set-up. However, with MediaPortal further set-up is required. Start...
I have the One-for-All 7960, which is identical to the 7962, apart from lacking the "Smart Motion" control. Code 1272 is the...
Hello all! Before tossing it in the trash i might just ask the community. I got the old Microsoft ir receiver plugged in my Lenovo...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty sure imon uses a different protocol (RC5 vs RC6) so they wont be compatible. (Unless soundgraph have since changed their IR protocol, but this was the case with my silverstone lc16-m with imon inside)
I'm pretty sure imon uses a different protocol (RC5 vs RC6) so they wont be compatible. (Unless soundgraph have since changed their...
Hey guys, merry xmas ! Im using Mediaportal 1.2.1 on Windows 7. My Soundgraph VFD in my antec fusion v2 case ist my IR Receiver...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Re: AW: Re: RF or Bluetooth Remote I use the Conceptronic CLLRCMCE with EventGhost, it works well. Conceptronic.net romadd
Hello, I am going to buy/build a new htpc for my girlfriend. It will be mounted behind the TV (Vesa-Mount) so I need a remote...
Replies
Views
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.
I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the use of this keyboard in combination with MediaPortal. Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a 5vsb jumper to redirect the 5v standby current from ps2 interface to usb, check see if yours has this and change it to ps2
funny i had the exact opposite with the sl6399, on the boards i tried couldn't get it to wake up at all lol some mainboards have a...
Hi Folks, I've got a new Logitech Harmony One remote that I'm playing with setting up activities, such as record TV, so it will...
Replies
Views
Yep that should do it :)
Yep that should do it :)
I've run into some problems with my remote control system, and I'm starting to wonder if another solution might be the answer...
Replies
Views
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Hi guys, title says it: is it possible to map a pc-reboot to a button in my combination MCE/Harmony One? Thanks for your input.
Replies
Views
Jim, Did you ever get the E700 working [this remote problem]? Henry
Jim, Did you ever get the E700 working [this remote problem]? Henry
Im trying to set up MP with e700 remote (like the one HERE) I tried the MCE remote option with MP initially, but that doesnt work...
Replies
Views
Urgh... got yet a modell: MICROSOFT OEM/MS Remote Control XP MCE 1pk EN (A9O-00014)
Urgh... got yet a modell: MICROSOFT OEM/MS Remote Control XP MCE 1pk EN (A9O-00014)
OK, so I'm getting a STB (Kreatel for IP TV), and therefore I need a MS remote (blasters). The thing is, there are several...
Replies
Views
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
I have a Microsoft MCE remote with an IR receiver which works fne apart from I can't get it to wake my PC running Win7 from sleep...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What IR Receiver? DE
try this Infrarot-Empfänger mit Einschalter german thread, e.g. here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/hardware-174/harmony-und-ir-empfaenger-mit-einschalter-57572/
try this Infrarot-Empfänger mit Einschalter german thread, e.g. here...
Guys, I am looking for an IR Receiver that can also power on my HTPC. It should be compatible with the Logitech Harmony ONE. Any...
Replies
Views
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Re: How to set up keys on microsoft multimedia keyboard? Edit: All is now sorted thanks for replies. :)
Sorry if this is a really noobish question but, how the hell do i set up the keys in mediaportal config? I go into config, tick to...
Replies
Views
I am using HP MCE Remote with blaster ($17USD delivered on ebay from hong kong) This works with XP Pro SP3 + MP without needing any drivers or MP plugins installed HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER VISTA - eBay (item 140366011715 end time Dec-10-09 20:34:13 PST) However the remote will not work with IRSS or HIP. The...
I am using HP MCE Remote with blaster ($17USD delivered on ebay from hong kong) This works with XP Pro SP3 + MP without needing any...
Hi, I use a Harmony 515 universal remote to control mediaportal (simulates an hauppauge 45 button remote control) in the tv-server...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom