Input/Output Interfaces (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
AW: Re: Logitech Harmony 300/300i You are right. The device you have to configure in the software of Logitech Harmony is: Computer/Media Center PC -> Microsoft -> Windows Media Center. In the configuration utility of MP you have in the remote entry the option "MCE remote". That's it. It is the same thing with my RC6 ir-receivers...
AW: Re: Logitech Harmony 300/300i You are right. The device you have to configure in the software of Logitech Harmony is...
I find the new remote from Logitech quite interesting, as it: - Can emulate a MCE-remote - Have every button need to replace a...
Replies
Views
thank you drealit; :thx: Does anyone know if gyration remotes are supported? eg: Gyration Air Music Remote - 103-btn Remote control
thank you drealit; :thx: Does anyone know if gyration remotes are supported? eg: Gyration Air Music Remote - 103-btn Remote control
Building my first MP HPTC. Which is the best remote that works out of box with MP? Also allows customization of keys if need? I've...
Replies
Views
AW: Fractal remote will not wake computer possibly anyone could help me, i bought the remote a time ago and i still have the problem, that in teletext there is a double mapping of the numberkeyboard. does anyone solved this problem? Sorry for my bad english. thx madvario got some time to test some settings. i deleted in...
AW: Fractal remote will not wake computer possibly anyone could help me, i bought the remote a time ago and i still have the...
Hello. I used to use a Medion X10 remote to control my HTPC. A couple of days ago i bought a new remote control: the fractal -...
Replies
Views
For all of you that have built your own HTPC, I'd like to know what the best COLOUR PROGRAMMABLE LCD is that's supported by miniDisplay, if any. If not, has anyone bought one that has an API so I can write my own plugin? I want it to be colour, programmable, fit in a 5.25" bay and be clear to read at 10 feet or so. Currently, I...
For all of you that have built your own HTPC, I'd like to know what the best COLOUR PROGRAMMABLE LCD is that's supported by...
For all of you that have built your own HTPC, I'd like to know what the best COLOUR PROGRAMMABLE LCD is that's supported by...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 LCD Displaycolor DE
AW: LCD Displaycolor OK, my fault. I wasn't precise enough at this point. I want to change the color of the HTPC display. In my cas I'm talking about the soundgraph imon lcd display in my Antec Fusion Remote case.
AW: LCD Displaycolor OK, my fault. I wasn't precise enough at this point. I want to change the color of the HTPC display. In my...
Hey everybody, has anyone here an idea if it's possible to change the display color of an LCD display by using some kind of...
Replies
Views
Hi Gal, Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive the notification (or I didn't see it). Using an USB->Parallel adapter should resolve the problem, but it add a component in the list. There must be, somewhere, something the does what we are looking for :-)
Hi Gal, Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive the notification (or I didn't see it). Using an USB->Parallel adapter should...
Greetings :) I'm looking for a small & simple (=cheap...;)) LCD/VFD display for my HTPC in order to avoid turning the TV ON...
Replies
Views
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press for close, long for standby. I never managed to get my computer to resume with the remote if standby was triggered by a timer, only when standby had been triggered by the remote. The green button will send...
Here's my 2 cents.. This remote use the same button for turning off a program (alt + f4) as for going into standby. Short press...
Shape HTPC remote control - Fractal Design Has anyone successfully used this remote with MP? Their sales literature...
Replies
Views
I'm currently tied to a very simple control setup like mouse or keyboard. It just occurred to me that I can probably make use of a Mouse Gesture program like StrokeIt or GMote (both freeware). You can define mouse gestures on a system-wide or application basis, and basically create as many gesture as practically feasible. The only...
I'm currently tied to a very simple control setup like mouse or keyboard. It just occurred to me that I can probably make use of a...
I havent been able to find a thread about this, so i'll start a new one. Ive tried setting up some custom controls in the "keys...
Replies
Views
Someone has a quick review here if you haven't read it yet. I just purchased one and I am waiting for it to ship to me. I'll post my thoughts once I try it out. I've recently been using an app on my Android phone that controls the mouse and keyboard via wireless network, but I can't wait to get the EFO keyboard for that exclusive...
Someone has a quick review here if you haven't read it yet. I just purchased one and I am waiting for it to ship to me. I'll post...
Has anyone tried one of these keyboards? I have heard nothing but good things about them. May not be comsmetically appealing as...
Replies
Views
I noticed that there aren't any MCE QWERTY remotes, at least none I can find. I wonder why not? They'd be a big hit with me...
I noticed that there aren't any MCE QWERTY remotes, at least none I can find. I wonder why not? They'd be a big hit with me...
Check out this badboy Up Close with TiVo's new Bluetooth QWERTY remote | Tech Gear News - Betanews Any chance this will work...
Replies
Views
On a win7 laptop I find the 64bit implementation quite slow. Has anyone played around with it and improved it?
On a win7 laptop I find the 64bit implementation quite slow. Has anyone played around with it and improved it?
If anyone is stuck with or still clinging their Streamzap remote (which plays quite nice with LM Remote Keymap and a Logitech...
Replies
Views
Ok, but if the range is that good it might be working acceptable even if i plug it in the rear of the HTPC... Don't see any other minimalistic, yet elegant option for me...
Ok, but if the range is that good it might be working acceptable even if i plug it in the rear of the HTPC... Don't see any other...
I've been looking a while for a keyboard and mouse to replace my current Logitech EX100 set which btw suck. So i came across the MS...
Replies
Views
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD witch ever you like then hold down setup tell it blinks twice then put code "1972" it will blink twice to tell you it worked and that part is done (the enter/ok button in the center is locked to CBL tell you...
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD...
i have found that the remotes by UEI will let you use them as a windows MCE remote under VCR or AUD code is "1972" VCR or AUD...
Replies
Views
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and there is no problem. With Philips on ASUS I have to plugin the receiver a few seconds after system boots - then the receiver works. I will try to find a fix on ASUS homepage. CU André
Same problem here on my ASUS EeePC! Problem is only with Philips remote. On my second EePC I am using another IR receiver and...
I purchased some weeks ago a Philips white MCE remote; it works like a charm after pluging it but I've discovered that whenever I...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard and mouse. Under XP SP3 in windows media center (or on win7 for examlpe) this remote works without any drivers and all buttons are works exactly they are named. This device shows as a Several HID devices -...
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard...
Hi! I have an USB Asus PC-RC01-D Remote control It comes with asus WiFi-TV card, and in system shows as two HID devices - keyboard...
Replies
Views
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking without problem with xp and vista with seven but I miss a button the button "info" for the subtitle, etc ... mutate that the keyboard is represented by the Y button voila if someone is kind enough to...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
hi voila I finally passed a seven, but I have little problems in settings with the remote (I have the model 1039) walking...
Replies
Views
Cross-posting my question from a different section of forum //https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/remotes-116/usb-ir-receiver-remote-winxp-sp3-76887/ Fix the reference: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/remotes-116/usb-ir-receiver-remote-winxp-sp3-76887/
Cross-posting my question from a different section of forum...
Cross-posting my question from a different section of forum...
Replies
Views
The Register recently reviewed this keyboard Cideko Air Keyboard motion controller ? reghardware
The Register recently reviewed this keyboard Cideko Air Keyboard motion controller ? reghardware
I stumbled upon this newly released device by Cideko. It's a mini wireless keyboard with a built-in 3D motion mouse sensor...
Replies
Views
HI, today i've buyed an mce compatible remote controller, so i've solved all the problem... If someone need a good and cheapest remote ( for european people, about 29 euro ) look here : AUDIO VIDEO | PLASMA WALL BRACKET LCD SUPPORTS FLOOR STANDS | REMOTE CONTROL GUMBODY Thank to all. Regards guys
HI, today i've buyed an mce compatible remote controller, so i've solved all the problem... If someone need a good and cheapest...
Hi at all, i need some help... I can't configure my remote RM100 for Mediaportal, some key dosen't work.( menu, back, go )...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Yamaha sound system (Reciever) volume control seem to be teh same ir control as my hauppauge hvr-900HD change channel IR code, which means that I've to change channel in order to change the volume. My remote is a logitech harmony 515 universal remote. ANy suggestions how to fix this problem?
Hi, My Yamaha sound system (Reciever) volume control seem to be teh same ir control as my hauppauge hvr-900HD change channel IR...
Hi, My Yamaha sound system (Reciever) volume control seem to be teh same ir control as my hauppauge hvr-900HD change channel IR...
Replies
Views
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn on your PC from standby or hibernation is difficult if not impossible. In this regard MCE remote users are spoiled. It more or less works out of the box. But with a few tricks you can actually have the...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
If you own a x10 RF based remote like ATI, medion etc. then you probably also know that getting the remote control to actually turn...
Replies
Views
p.s. in order to configure MPC, I used this list of Keyboard shortcuts used to control Media Center: Windows Media Center keyboard shortcuts And just configured them in MPC (e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+P to PLAY)
p.s. in order to configure MPC, I used this list of Keyboard shortcuts used to control Media Center: Windows Media Center keyboard...
Hi, I would like to buy the Sunwave SMR-140 remote, mainly because of its mouse functionality, but I'm not sure it will actually...
Replies
Views
it works for MCE remote, thanks :)
it works for MCE remote, thanks :)
i nearly killed my pc with this pressed it, thinking it would at least ask me pc powered off to hypernation couldnt...
Replies
Views
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop, pause, and back buttons all working. So that is great. I will probably play around based upon your third suggestion to see if I can map other keys, but for now it's working well enough that my wife...
Kiwijunglist, Fantastic. Your suggestion 1 worked. It didn't get all of the keys working. But, it got the play, record, stop...
Hi, I am struggling to get MediaPortal configured to work with my remote the way I'd like and wanted to ask a few questions to...
Replies
Views
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can power up the HTPC with the power button on the remote. I am wondering if anyone has used these and which ones have worked well for them without problems. Currently I use the Microsoft IR adapter that...
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can...
Alright I have seen a couple of devices that have some type of Power Supply adapter that links to the IR device so that you can...
Replies
Views
sound great. i dont have a PS3 but I applaud the initiative of offering your help to anyone who may need it.
sound great. i dont have a PS3 but I applaud the initiative of offering your help to anyone who may need it.
I've just got my PS3 remote up and working. Config XP pro SP3 (swe) MP 1.0.2 IRserver suite 1.4.2 Billionton bluetooth...
Replies
Views
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct mp buttons and a built in mouse, i have read online and this remote requires no drivers, i guess its a plug and play remote. Any idead how to set up for media portal? Please help..
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct...
Has anybody heard of the aitech mce presentation remote. I have this remote and it works well with mce, it has all the correct...
Replies
Views
Hauppage MediaCenter IR set does the trick for me
Hauppage MediaCenter IR set does the trick for me
:S Hello i'm new to MP i have a Dual core antec slim pc / media center box / 1Tb Hard drive / 3gb memory / Xp pro Looking to buy...
Replies
Views
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP Control plugin or IRSS translator to remap keystrokes) HIP (Remap IR codes to keystrokes) LM Remote KeyMap (Remap IR codes to keystrokes)
There are a few programs that can interface with a remote. Mediaportal.exe (Run MP Config -> Remotes) IRSS (+ IRSS Mediaportal MP...
Hi, I've a Hauppauge hvr900h tv-tuner card with IR receiver and an harmony 515 universal remote. It works quite good to use this...
Replies
Views
I am using HP MCE Remote with blaster ($17USD delivered on ebay from hong kong) This works with XP Pro SP3 + MP without needing any drivers or MP plugins installed HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER VISTA - eBay (item 140366011715 end time Dec-10-09 20:34:13 PST) However the remote will not work with IRSS or HIP. The...
I am using HP MCE Remote with blaster ($17USD delivered on ebay from hong kong) This works with XP Pro SP3 + MP without needing any...
Hi, I use a Harmony 515 universal remote to control mediaportal (simulates an hauppauge 45 button remote control) in the tv-server...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom