Input/Output Interfaces (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Remote Controls, VFD's, keyboards and their drivers in here
i have many problems with minidisplay... i have mediaportal 1.1.1 and last imon driver but minidisply go off... any idea? thanks
i have many problems with minidisplay... i have mediaportal 1.1.1 and last imon driver but minidisply go off... any idea? thanks
Hi I tried several over the past month to update my iMon drivers from 7.20 to 7.40 or more recently 7.60, but each time...
Replies
Views
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR Server Suite. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_public_test_version-t24849.html I don't intend to support the MCE Replacement Plugin or TV3 MCE Blaster plugin much longer. There...
The problem you're experiencing could be because of multiple simultaneous demands on the driver, which is why I'm working on the IR...
Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce) so i need the remote aswell, which i need to buy seperatly. My Question is...
Replies
Views
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for the last 5 day without success. The Xp sp2 ehome driver with not work and I have found some other driver that work but when I restart the server it knocks out my HID devices and states that the drivers are...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Has anybody been able to install the microsoft remote control infrared receiver V2 in server 2003 standard? I've been trying for...
Replies
Views
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly with xbox and MediaPortal you need to configure xbox power option as it has two power buttons: one for power On and another one for Off. It is sounds a bit ridiculous as xbox remote has just one Power button...
No problems mate :D. As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly...
Hi, I recently set up my HTPC in a close proximity to my Xbox360. The problem I have is the Xbox360 reacts to MCE remote "PC"...
Replies
Views
it was helpfull you are wizard :))
it was helpfull you are wizard :))
Hello Looks like my Microsoft remote control was broken. Is there way to setup microsoft ir receiver - to receive and process...
Replies
Views
got a case now, not this one, went for the Antec NSK2480 will start a prgress thread, the reason i went for that is even though the micro fusion looks very slick and performs well, it only had space for 1hdd and 1 dvd drive, although you could say the dvd drive could be converted to hdd, but i need a minimum of 3 drives hdd that is.
got a case now, not this one, went for the Antec NSK2480 will start a prgress thread, the reason i went for that is even though...
basically, i was using my HTPC setup in my bedroom, and i was using one PC for everything including gaming MM, development and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Medion Vista Remote DE
Hey, I have a Medion OR28V RF VISTA Remote Control and I was wondering if I bought a standard infrared receiver would I be able to use this on windows xp pro service pack 3? Thanks
Hey, I have a Medion OR28V RF VISTA Remote Control and I was wondering if I bought a standard infrared receiver would I be able to...
Hey, I have a Medion OR28V RF VISTA Remote Control and I was wondering if I bought a standard infrared receiver would I be able to...
Replies
Views
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal (won't recognise any buttons). There is an other post about the issue, maybe you have the same problem?
tabtab Does your IR receiver appear to windows as an 'ehome' device? I'm having a problem with a Harmony and Mediaportal...
Hello everyone ! I bought a Logitech harmony 700 remote to control MediaPortal. I also bought an USBUIRT IR receiver to make the...
Replies
Views
This doesn't make any sense... Mediaportal is not a piece of hardware, so it shouldn't be listed there.
This doesn't make any sense... Mediaportal is not a piece of hardware, so it shouldn't be listed there.
As the title says, Media Portal has been added to logitech harmony database. Happy Days for Harmony Users
Replies
Views
Hello, A friend of mine is planning to switch his HTPC contents to a better enclosure, and he chose the Thermaltake DH103. Before ordering he asked me to kindly try to find out about one thing. From the picture on the website, the LCD display looks very much like The IMON's display on my Zalman HD160plus, but apparently it's a...
Hello, A friend of mine is planning to switch his HTPC contents to a better enclosure, and he chose the Thermaltake DH103...
Hello, A friend of mine is planning to switch his HTPC contents to a better enclosure, and he chose the Thermaltake DH103...
Replies
Views
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a hardware wired keyb and mouse will do that. 1st one is the MCE Keyboard with thumb mouse that in time and practice works. 2nd one is when I need to do more typing as I have had RSI since 1986 is the MS...
I use two different keyboards in 2 HTPC and they both work in XP PRO or XP MCE. Neither work in BIOs and I have found only a...
Title says it all! I looked at the MS one - but that says it requires XP MCE and an official receiver... so any similar ones...
Replies
Views
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've tried ticking on the option in MediaPortal for MCE remote but it doesnt work. How do i get this remote to work in MeidaPortal? Now i must admit, Windows Media Center used to pop up when i hit the green...
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've...
I have a HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop which came with the following Media Center remote control. It's branded HP. I've...
Replies
Views
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would dock the guy for was the actual packaging, as when I received it the stickyness of the package was so dry it was practically all the way open. I'm lucky I have an honest mail carrier I guess.
Just an update on the eBay transaction I mentioned earlier. The item came in, and in very good condition. The only thing I would...
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.
Replies
Views
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Works, thanks @mbuzina
Hi guys, title says it: is it possible to map a pc-reboot to a button in my combination MCE/Harmony One? Thanks for your input.
Replies
Views
hi if you read the many posts on the forum both the MCE remote (european version best) and keyboard both have a QUALITY feel about them and once youve used them you would not want to change. PS use rechargeable batteries cos lighting up remote lasts about 6-8 weeks even less if falls down into the chair and permanantly has button...
hi if you read the many posts on the forum both the MCE remote (european version best) and keyboard both have a QUALITY feel about...
I've got both hauppauge remotes: the <insert low number> remote, and the <insert high number> remote. (from a Nova-T and a...
Replies
Views
Perhaps all you need to do is disable it?
Perhaps all you need to do is disable it?
I've a little Problem with my MCE V2 Remote and Mediaportal 1.02 ... in the past this Remote worked fine & without any problems...
Replies
Views
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
It was the port not set right (+5VSB needed) on the motherboard. Working now. Thanks all.
I have a Microsoft MCE remote with an IR receiver which works fne apart from I can't get it to wake my PC running Win7 from sleep...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card and hoped to improve 720p playback) I used to have WinXP nd my MCE remote would shutdown the PC from the power button. Is there a simple way to make this work the same on Win7? All the other functions are...
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card...
Hi Guys, Probably a stupid question but..... I just upgraded my system to Win7 Ultimate x86. (Got a Radeon HD 3450 AGP card...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine when running mediaportal 1.0.2 but since upgrade to 1.1.0 Rx I have had this problem. I'm now running mp 1.1.0 R5 on Win XP SP2 Any one that can spread some light on this sticky/repeating key problem...
Hi. I have the same weirdness, I'm using a Fractal design remote, shown in tab 3 in remote config. This remote used to work fine...
Hello all - I have an old - perhaps 2-3 years old MCE Remote and this week it has started this wierd thing where it will scroll...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE remote troubles DE
Maybe it's time to change the batteries. That happened to me before.
Maybe it's time to change the batteries. That happened to me before.
I got a new mediacenter today and installed it. Everything went fine except for the MCE remote (which i already had). It's a...
Replies
Views
Not at home at the moment so I can't check but isn't there a key repeat delay setting in the remote section of MP Configuration?
Not at home at the moment so I can't check but isn't there a key repeat delay setting in the remote section of MP Configuration?
I have a microsoft 1039 remote. It works well most of the time, but from time to time if I press once, it actually does it 2-3...
Replies
Views
Normally the mapping should be already there - so nothing special to configure. Did you set up in MP that you use a MCE remote? If not you should do this and then look for: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\ There Should be a Microsoft MCE.xml ....if not go to the mappings table of the mce in MP and...
Normally the mapping should be already there - so nothing special to configure. Did you set up in MP that you use a MCE remote? If...
I have just upgraded from MP 1.0.2 running on Windows XP to MP 1.2.2 running on Windows 7 x86. Everything went smoothly except...
Replies
Views
M
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
THANK YOU!!!!!! Ive just bought it
I d like to use a lot of possibilities with IR suite but MCE remote WITH RECEIVER for XP is nowhere on stock....f....! Could anyone...
Replies
Views
maysider2
M
MP1 MP2 MCE Remote Lags DE
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you can try is download and run the DPC latency Tool, leave it running in the background, now run MP have a play around for at least 30 minutes. See if there have been any errors shown in the tool. Most of...
that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver. Ok now to find your lag, what you...
Hi All, I am new to Media Portal, and very glad I discovered it. I almost gave up on Media Centres as I could never find one that...
Replies
Views
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager), then get a "Universal Remote" like "Logitech Harmony" or any of the actual and most outdated "One for all" models. Even the cheapy noname ones will work, as long as they support the microsoft IR codes...
First, if only your RC-6 Handset is broken, but the IR-Receiver USB-Dongle is still well (showing up correctly in device manager)...
Hi all! Been using a microsoft mce remote for years without problem but suddenly it got broken. Therefor I got myself a new...
Replies
Views
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft Windows: Using Alternate Input Devices in Your Smart Client Applications. Using Remote Control Input Outside of Windows Media Center. The first article contains a link to an installer providing a precious...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Here are a couple of not-so-easy-to-find links about programming applications to handle MCE Remote Control buttons on Microsoft...
Replies
Views
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I installed XP sp2 again, it fixed the problem.
I had some issues with MCE remote before. I had a stripped down version of XP, and it did not recognize the remote receiver. I...
Hey folks.. I just purchased an MCE remote which came with the USB IR reciever today. the IR reciever is not showing up in device...
Replies
Views
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and since Ebay is the best source of them, let's share our experience and recommendations here. I'll start with my own, not exactly pleasant: I've bought this: MEDIA CENTER CONTROLLER USB PC COMPUTER...
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and...
While one can simply buy an MCE remote (and concensus is that it is the best remote), there are other remotes one can find - and...
Replies
Views
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
I am having this same issue Windows XP HOME I finally just reinstalled drivers MCE REMOTE Everything worked fine.
Hi, I've got a MCE-Remote (the one on the left in MP Configuration, guess it is a pretty old one). With MP 1.0 everything...
Replies
Views
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont have any idea whats happening there...you can try to disable all remote plugins and the message plugin if installed but better would be to write a new post in the right forum so that other peaple can help you
AW: mce remote - controll mp without focus? lol, your mouse isnt working while mediaportal is running? Thats funny. but i dont...
Hi, Because i have my LCD-tv as an extended monitor on my pc it happens that mp is not on focus, because i was doing something...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom