Mainboards / CPU / RAM (1 Viewer)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 New HTPC Mainboard DE
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but it can be used as an IR remote receiver for almost any IR remote. The key (thanks to @Rob Hexenmeister) is to use the "Full Keyboard" profile and forget about the others. MCE remote support is flaky and...
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but...
I am looking to replace my current HTPC mainboard (Intel DH67GD) with one which is Windows 11 compatible. Additional requirements...
Replies
Views
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every minute or so when the screen resolution is set to UHD. The decoding isn't the issue for 2 reasons. Firstly, the CPU isn't being taxed and secondly, when outputted to 1080P display, there is no stutter...
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every...
Hi, Been waiting for 4k@60Hz capable micro or mini ITX MB for a long time now. Looks like ASRock has the monopoly on this for...
Replies
Views
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX Mini ITX Motherboard - $179 Samsung 120GB 750 EVO SATA SSD - $69 Antec ISK 110 VESA Case $105 Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600SO-DIMM Laptop Memory $55 Shipping/Other Costs $55.94 Build Notes/Thoughts...
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX...
I am looking for new MP Client as my existing Client starting from way back with MP version 0.9 has finally powered off for the...
Replies
Views
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios battery. Unfortunately it didn't help. But the straight dope was that you can't exclude that the bios chip is defect. I ordered a new one from ebay with the lastet bios version to try it out and installed it and...
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios...
My problem: It seems that my motherboard gave up the ghost. Since a while I had a problem that my htpc was shutting down itself or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus Z97-WS DE
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you can clearly see that only the main two PCIe slots have 16 lines connected, the other two have only 8. To change the language of AI Suite 3 in case the installer did not set it up properly you'll need to...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Replies
Views
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially those times back where the R-thing wasen't Radeon, but Rage/-Pro :D But VIA was always a mess with, since back around 1998 already, nothing changed so far. And AMD... aehm, there was some good things, but...
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially...
Does MediaPortal benefit from a quad core CPU (when just watching videos), or is a higher clock dual core CPU a better option...
Replies
Views
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Went with an ivy bridge 3240 instead. This also allowed me to upgrade to the 1600Mhz ddr3 memory :)
Will be used for storage, TV server (recording, timeshifting etc) and streaming for 2 or 3 clients... Core i3 2120 Asrock B75M-GL...
Replies
Views
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/celeron/X10/X10SBA-L.cfm I just bought this puppy for around 150 eur in germany...
Replies
Views
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to play movies and series downloaded through torrent and watch netflix, youtube, etc directly to my 46" samsung tv, using hdmi. The xbox when jtag has the ability to play god format games through the network...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder meant I only wound up with the new PSU yesterday (Seasonic 360W G Series 80 plus gold). Absolutely zero issues with the Intel onboard. I didn't even reinstall windows/media portal, just had to reactivate the...
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intels-haswell-an-htpc-perspective Lots of improvements in the new Haswell CPU, especially for...
Replies
Views
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs audio and video goes to my TV. I seem to be able to enable audio on either one output or the other, but not both at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this? It would be really useful to be able to...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333 MediaPortal 1.7RC + USB DVB-T + MDAPI plus. Installing SAF 6.2.3 and optimized hardware decoding. Play 1080p video ~36% CPU with VLC; ~50% CPU with WMC Play 720p video ~17% CPU with VLC; ~25% CPU with WMC Run...
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333...
Hi! I was planing to build my HTPC based on AMD e-350. And have some questions. HTPC Hardware: MB - ASROCK E350M1 RAM - 4Gb HTPC...
Replies
Views
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or MPExtended. Anyone doing this? Please help.Maybe CPU is irrelevant as there is Airvideo.. Right? :whistle:
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or...
Hi! Posted same kind of message to other area but this concerns just CPU. I need to watch one and record 12 SD channels...
Replies
Views
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron J1800). I'd expect this to be the real competitor to Kabini, with a weaker GPU and stronger CPU, should be more than enough GPU for offloading 1080p though. Details...
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron...
Hi, I know there are numerous threads on the site, & the web about this. I can't locate specific information relative to my...
Replies
Views
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Hi all, I would like to build a new Tv Server for my MultiSeat Mediaportal configuration (1 Client). This new Tv-Server should be...
Replies
Views
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote login.
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote...
Hi everybody, I have been using mediaportal on a windows 7 machine based on an i3-3220 processor with an integrated HD2500 GPU...
Replies
Views
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1306014-FO-GESAMTERG03 And to top it of, the Celeron MOBO is way cheaper :D
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong...
your opinions on the following scenarios would be greatly appreciated! I want to install a multiseat system in our new home; We're...
Replies
Views
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i recommend. its fast cheap best value.ps. they are nz price. if u want power efficency then need gold psu. the i3 3225 uses 10w less but cpu and mobo will cost more than amd.
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i...
Hi all I'm very new (2 days) to having media portal running on my current tower machine and I must say I like it the overall...
Replies
Views
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works fine (though that is on another machine, was so impressed for the price I bought a second)... The HD4000 however is garbage, for me anyway.. It is actually reletively powerful overall probably equal to...
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works...
Good day, I'm building my home setup. (link) I was wondering: will an Intel Core i3 3225 be sufficient to offer a perfect...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, yesterday I finally got my hardware and after installing Windows 8 and setting it up I noticed the missing audio output...
Replies
Views
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor) If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS. The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback...
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the...
Hi guys, had a try with the forum search, but no Hits. Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom...
Replies
Views
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU instead of 6 EU) - this is worth having if you are going to use only the integrated GPU.
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU...
Hi everyone, I'm wanting some advice on a good HTPC rig. Basically I want a really stable setup - it doesn't have to be super...
Replies
Views
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not providing signal or power to the monitor, mouse, keyboard or recieving signal from the ethernet connection. Now this happened after disconnecting the 24 pin power connector from the board in order to add a...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Replies
Views
Have you already tested?
Have you already tested?
I am looking to buy the following to upgrade my HTPC. Asus P8H61-M Pro Rev 3.0 Motherboard Intel Celeron G530 Processor...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RAM Question DE
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
I have upgraded the RAM in one of my Zotac ZBox ID41 clients from 1 x 2Gb to 1 x 4Gb. All fine and working great. I then decided...
Replies
Views
Hi Vector adaptive is an AMD terminus. You won't find this in any Nvidia or Intel GPU. Didn't matter at all, as all modern GPU has adequate technique available. Probably the HD4000 is the best integrated GPU available today if it comes to Media stuff. It's more than twice as powerful as the biggest GPU, AMD has to offer in their A10...
Hi Vector adaptive is an AMD terminus. You won't find this in any Nvidia or Intel GPU. Didn't matter at all, as all modern GPU has...
Hi guys, i want give you a short overview i found out. Maybe it is interesting for anyone. Follow: I take a mini-itx board...
Replies
Views
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more valuable than DDR3 :D
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more...
I am rebuilding my main backers TV server box that acts as a client for 1 room but also serves 3 other client machines. All...
Replies
Views
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you have problems with the connection reliability you'll have problems with the playback, too. I had some at the beginning of my htpc project and so I decided to use 1gbit LAN instead and I have to say that this...
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you...
I've currently got an HTPC with a PhenomII tricore, 430GT and 12GB Ram (amongst other things). This would make a pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of it for timeshifting. The memory is running in "unganged" mode to allow for the dual memory controllers and it is being reported as running at 1333Mhz. The performance is great, far quicker than the...
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of...
Hi Guys, I have now given up on my current server motherboard - it will not play nice with multicore processors. I need to get...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom