Mainboards / CPU / RAM (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not providing signal or power to the monitor, mouse, keyboard or recieving signal from the ethernet connection. Now this happened after disconnecting the 24 pin power connector from the board in order to add a...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Hello, I own Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX Wifi of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The PRO is a full-ATX board and won't fit a lot of HTPC cases. There's a much wider selection of MATX enclosures.
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The...
Hey I found this mobo when looking for the cheapest way to build a full HD htpc. ASRock Motherboard - Product -...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to imply an HD4xxx series graphics card or equivalent Nvidia card is needed for best quality HD playback with all of the advanced de-interlacing modes. Kev
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to...
Hallo, I am looking for a AM2+ mainboard for a Athlon X2 4850e CPU. One of my favorites is the following: - Gigabyte...
Replies
Views
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is 497 dkr
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is...
I've decised to get a Hiper Media Center HMC-2K53A case for my frontend machine but which motherboard should I get for it? I have...
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since my display is only 720, but I occasionally stream from 1080 sources. I haven't watched closely, but I think the GPU is handling most of the video. I can run HD streams while transcoding XVid and...
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since...
Hallo, I need help, hints to choose the right onboard graphic chip to connect my HTPC via HDMI to my Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500. I...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated TV-SERVER configuration: AMD64 SEMPRON 2800+ ASUS K8N nforce3 2x Technotrend CI-1501 DVB-C No video card installed Watching SD channels on my Mediaportal CLIENT works fine (TV-SERVER processor is...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable of decoding h.264 for HDTV in 1080p without the Support of a Graphics Card, since the mini has an 950 Onboard Intel. If someone could help me abou that it would be great, thanks. Oh, I almost forgot...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Replies
Views
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be overclocked.... which then surpasses your overclocked q6600 Besides that the q6600 is 65nm based, the Q9xxx series is 45nm based, for the last one compared to the first, this means more overclocking headroom, less heat...
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be...
I am having a hard time choosing amongst these two processors.:bitch: The reasons the E8500 is compelling are Cost, Power (65w)...
Replies
Views
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I live in sweden and it hasn't arrived any cards yet!! do someone know a seller in europe that shipps to sweden, has it in stock...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics card. The total bill of material for an ION solution is only about 30€ less than for the 9300 ITX plus Celeron 3200 (it was at the time I made my decision). I have an ION netbook and I'm not so much...
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics...
Hi, a friend of mine introduced me to MP and I am testing it on my pc where I watch tv series etc. I am so into it now that I...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
OK i don't know what the server must do?
OK i don't know what the server must do?
Hi Guys, I am just putting together my dedicated TV Server, and I really am struggling to get this thing even booting up. :cry...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What CPU? DE
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost for both was about $110 US with shipping. These semprons overclock really well too. What I saved on the board and CPU I used to buy an X1300 card for graphics. I bought it refurbished for $66 with...
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost...
I have no idea where to begin looking for a CPU for my HTPC. I want to use the HTPC mainly for watching and recording TV and...
Replies
Views
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock also bios have problem to program the OC frequency and voltage after resume please don't use standby while OC it might cause problem Best regards BIOSTAR Support"
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock...
I've got a Biostar TA790GXBE with an Athlon II X4 630, which works fine at stock settings and indeed overclocks very nicely up to...
Replies
Views
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm using s3g for video, everything works great in xp, but in win 7 or vista after 15 s of playing iptv, movie, hd, the sound and video decrease speed and shutters, computer works ok, no slowdown, cpu is at 50 - 60%
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
Replies
Views
For H264 and GPU decoding use PDVD8. FFDShow doesn't use GPU. For MPEG2 it's not very important, mpeg2 generally doesn't use much CPU power. However if you want to use GPU then you should choose CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8) from that list 780G might be a bit slow for 1080i HDTV, users with vista seem to report less...
For H264 and GPU decoding use PDVD8. FFDShow doesn't use GPU. For MPEG2 it's not very important, mpeg2 generally doesn't use...
I didn't do my research, I read some reviews and got some feedback that 780g based mobo was the best thing for a htpc solution...
Replies
Views
My HD 4670 is dual slot which is why it's silent but you wanted a single slot card to avoid wasting a PCI. I don't need PCI slots at this point so it was a good sacrifice.
My HD 4670 is dual slot which is why it's silent but you wanted a single slot card to avoid wasting a PCI. I don't need PCI slots...
Hello, I want to upgrade my system with this objectives faster boot / rewake from hibernate no problems with HD TV (BluRay...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upgrade my RAM DE
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
Hello, I have this motherboard Micro ATX - VIA - KM266-8235 and I want to upgrade it to 2 GB, I have already one slot 512MB type...
Replies
Views
>click<
>click<
Hi guys I want to upgrade my old AMD64 x2 4200+ CPU becase, When i want play a big ass 1080p rip ( 9~15 gigabyte). Al i get is...
Replies
Views
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+ TV MSI TV@everywhere E-Duo DVB-T PCI Since I'm using the machine also to store and backup all kind of data, I'm running MS WHS. It's not officially supported by MP, but there's a lot of threads in the...
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+...
built a MP1.0.0 rig 1.5 years ago, its been stable ever since. . I've never upgraded my MP build (never needed to - is this some...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more close together. You rarely have everything randomly distributed across a drive. When it comes to seek times (and as a consequence to random access) SDDs are way superior because there is no mechanic...
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more...
Hi, I am after a bit of advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3 motherboard and in preparation to move to Win 7, (awaiting the...
Replies
Views
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you have problems with the connection reliability you'll have problems with the playback, too. I had some at the beginning of my htpc project and so I decided to use 1gbit LAN instead and I have to say that this...
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you...
I've currently got an HTPC with a PhenomII tricore, 430GT and 12GB Ram (amongst other things). This would make a pretty decent...
Replies
Views
1gkar - I can see the boot up/post screen on my TV. Yes, I do have to reset the flicker filter everytime I reboot! My telly is connected via s-video. I tried to connect it via component input. I get the POST screen but as soon as the driver loads in XP the screen goes all fxxed. Gave up and have gone back to s-video. Have you got...
1gkar - I can see the boot up/post screen on my TV. Yes, I do have to reset the flicker filter everytime I reboot! My telly is...
Is there one? Ive just replaced my DFI RS482 (socket 939) when I got sick of the random reboots ( known issue for this MB according...
Replies
Views
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in one TV server.
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in...
Hello! I am looking for a suitable mainboard to set up a TV server. As I am planning on using a larger number of receivers this...
Replies
Views
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Hello, i want build up an smal fanless HTPC. I use an very smal mini PC with Intel 945GM Chip and a Intel T5200 Core 2 Duo...
Replies
Views
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was disabled in debug mode although there still was major framedrops.
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was...
Right now my HTPC have a Point Of View - ION330 mainboad but i can't get it play HD Live tv with Mediaportal. (it works fine in...
Replies
Views
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want to wait for some further comments relating to this.
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want...
Hi everyone, I'm new in your community :) I used the search function but I didn't find anything about this AMD fusion motherboard...
Replies
Views
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/celeron/X10/X10SBA-L.cfm I just bought this puppy for around 150 eur in germany...
Replies
Views
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be fair I did spend most of a year working away so I spent a very little time at home. Now I am back in the area on an extended basis I will probably get that nice TV I have been wanting.
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be...
The video section of my Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is beginning to fault, so I'm looking for a replacement micro-ATX that can use the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom