Mainboards / CPU / RAM (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
Im slowly building up the hardware for my HTPC. (buying a peice a week so it doesnt hit the pocket at 1 go) so far ive got ...
Replies
Views
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it matx) and has the 3PCI slots that I might need. At a pinch I could have got away with the 2 PCI slots, but this gives me more choices for the future, and in anycase I have moved to an Antec 300 midi tower...
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it...
I have been working with MP for about a year now, with a 1.8G Athlon and NVidia 7600GS card with Vista and would like to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
>click<
>click<
Hi guys I want to upgrade my old AMD64 x2 4200+ CPU becase, When i want play a big ass 1080p rip ( 9~15 gigabyte). Al i get is...
Replies
Views
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you have problems with the connection reliability you'll have problems with the playback, too. I had some at the beginning of my htpc project and so I decided to use 1gbit LAN instead and I have to say that this...
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you...
I've currently got an HTPC with a PhenomII tricore, 430GT and 12GB Ram (amongst other things). This would make a pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The PRO is a full-ATX board and won't fit a lot of HTPC cases. There's a much wider selection of MATX enclosures.
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The...
Hey I found this mobo when looking for the cheapest way to build a full HD htpc. ASRock Motherboard - Product -...
Replies
Views
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is 497 dkr
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is...
I've decised to get a Hiper Media Center HMC-2K53A case for my frontend machine but which motherboard should I get for it? I have...
Replies
Views
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues. The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting...
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no...
Albatron KI960-AM2
Replies
Views
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it is also somewhat related to this thread. Anyways, thanks for all your help!
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it...
Hi! I have the following components: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD PHENOM TRIPLE-CORE 2.4 GHZ OCZ TECH OCZ Gold XTC 4096MB DDR2...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI boards for at least 10 years. Long before they added the flashy stuff and became so expensive. They have always been very reliable and stable. Only one died and that's because the power supply killed it...
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on a motherboard to use for a HTPC, and I really like the nForce430 motherboards with...
Replies
Views
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since my display is only 720, but I occasionally stream from 1080 sources. I haven't watched closely, but I think the GPU is handling most of the video. I can run HD streams while transcoding XVid and...
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since...
Hallo, I need help, hints to choose the right onboard graphic chip to connect my HTPC via HDMI to my Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500. I...
Replies
Views
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you either get an error message on startup, or no errors at all if you have driver problems with USB devices, and those error messages are totally different. I am starting to fear a hardware malfunction in the...
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you...
Hi all, I just bought the hardware for my HTPC, among them a SilverStone LC16 case and a Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H motherboard. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of it for timeshifting. The memory is running in "unganged" mode to allow for the dual memory controllers and it is being reported as running at 1333Mhz. The performance is great, far quicker than the...
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of...
Hi Guys, I have now given up on my current server motherboard - it will not play nice with multicore processors. I need to get...
Replies
Views
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every minute or so when the screen resolution is set to UHD. The decoding isn't the issue for 2 reasons. Firstly, the CPU isn't being taxed and secondly, when outputted to 1080P display, there is no stutter...
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every...
Hi, Been waiting for 4k@60Hz capable micro or mini ITX MB for a long time now. Looks like ASRock has the monopoly on this for...
Replies
Views
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was disabled in debug mode although there still was major framedrops.
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was...
Right now my HTPC have a Point Of View - ION330 mainboad but i can't get it play HD Live tv with Mediaportal. (it works fine in...
Replies
Views
A
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black etc.) resulted in colourful artefacts at the edges like a pearly necklace. Because of the obviously different results with homemade solutions, as I read here, I bought this device...
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black...
Hi there, I was looking for a motherboard which support either the Athlon 64 chips or P4 chips.. I haven't bought my chip yet so...
Replies
Views
K
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock air cooler and the processor temp never exceeds 35 degrees C. Consequently, the fan never run faster than about about 1700 RPM, which I find is quite acceptably low noise. As the BE2350 is a lower power...
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock...
Hi there, I'm sick of struggling with my HTPC to make it quieter and cooler... My main problem resides on the CPU: a P4 3.0...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New HTPC Mainboard DE
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but it can be used as an IR remote receiver for almost any IR remote. The key (thanks to @Rob Hexenmeister) is to use the "Full Keyboard" profile and forget about the others. MCE remote support is flaky and...
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but...
I am looking to replace my current HTPC mainboard (Intel DH67GD) with one which is Windows 11 compatible. Additional requirements...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help to choose CPU DE
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Hallo. I'm about to buy a CPU to my new motherboard, but I dont know what to buy. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard...
Replies
Views
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
My current setup has died, I believe the motherboard has died, I didnt try a new power supply :S. I think the bios or northbridge...
Replies
Views
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially those times back where the R-thing wasen't Radeon, but Rage/-Pro :D But VIA was always a mess with, since back around 1998 already, nothing changed so far. And AMD... aehm, there was some good things, but...
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially...
Does MediaPortal benefit from a quad core CPU (when just watching videos), or is a higher clock dual core CPU a better option...
Replies
Views
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more valuable than DDR3 :D
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more...
I am rebuilding my main backers TV server box that acts as a client for 1 room but also serves 3 other client machines. All...
Replies
Views
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I'm looking to build a media PC to compliment my HD movie collection, brand new 1080p Plasma TV, and sound system for my house...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upgrade my RAM DE
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
Hello, I have this motherboard Micro ATX - VIA - KM266-8235 and I want to upgrade it to 2 GB, I have already one slot 512MB type...
Replies
Views
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
I was looking at the Athlon II X2 245e as a CPU for an HTPC I'm building for my brother, on a motherboard with IGP HD3200. Would...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics card. The total bill of material for an ION solution is only about 30€ less than for the 9300 ITX plus Celeron 3200 (it was at the time I made my decision). I have an ION netbook and I'm not so much...
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics...
Hi, a friend of mine introduced me to MP and I am testing it on my pc where I watch tv series etc. I am so into it now that I...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or MPExtended. Anyone doing this? Please help.Maybe CPU is irrelevant as there is Airvideo.. Right? :whistle:
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or...
Hi! Posted same kind of message to other area but this concerns just CPU. I need to watch one and record 12 SD channels...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is this CPU Enough? DE
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi catalyst drivers and mediaportal with silly crashes (using 7.2, 7.9 or 7.10) so have stuck in an Nvidia 6600GT and MP is running like a sweetheart now :)
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi...
Hi All, I am looking at putting together a dedicated HTPC to run MP and be used for streaming x264 from my main pc over LAN...
Replies
Views
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my mediaportalsystem should look. I'm aiming for a cheep and power efficient server. I found the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RAM Question DE
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
I have upgraded the RAM in one of my Zotac ZBox ID41 clients from 1 x 2Gb to 1 x 4Gb. All fine and working great. I then decided...
Replies
Views
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel Core i3 2105 3,1GHz to start with and then, if I'm not happy with integrated graphics, add: Asus GeForce ENGT440 DC Silent/DI/1GD3 Main question: 1. What do you think about that choice? And few more...
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel...
Short story: I’m looking for a good MB (micro ATX or smaller), preferably with on-board graphics, potentially with additional...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom