Mainboards / CPU / RAM (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical. Both on the same time is not possible. The other points, I don't know.
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical...
Hi, i want to put my ati video card and my usb/firewire card otside of my htpc. i the same procedure i replace the main system...
Replies
Views
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more valuable than DDR3 :D
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more...
I am rebuilding my main backers TV server box that acts as a client for 1 room but also serves 3 other client machines. All...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Hi all, Sorry if this question has been done to death... but about 3 years ago I started out messing around with MediaPortal and...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the same time, so now for a "game" we are going to use with some friends. Thank you again.
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the...
Hi all, I would like to know the minnimun requirements to have a server for 6 clients. Actually I have a Intel P4 Core 2 duo, 2...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Usage DE
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
Hi there, what do you think, how much MB of RAM do I need for Mediaportal and a constantly running Emule or Bittorrent...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Question DE
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
I have upgraded the RAM in one of my Zotac ZBox ID41 clients from 1 x 2Gb to 1 x 4Gb. All fine and working great. I then decided...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this working. Thank you for your thoughts.
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this...
Help! I am trying to get SPDIF passthrough working with my external processor and am not having any luck with DTS although 5.1...
Replies
Views
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I'm looking to build a media PC to compliment my HD movie collection, brand new 1080p Plasma TV, and sound system for my house...
Replies
Views
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Not sure if this is in the right place or not.... Any thoughts on this mb/cpu combo? Phylon 7F2WE-1G2 Mini-ITX Mainboard...
Replies
Views
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest...
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1...
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows: Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+...
Replies
Views
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4) compared to xp on same pc (dualboot), anyway was doing a bit of research into graphics card temperatures and downloaded the nvidia system tools package, this gives you a updater for all nvidia based products...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, yesterday I finally got my hardware and after installing Windows 8 and setting it up I noticed the missing audio output...
Replies
Views
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote login.
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote...
Hi everybody, I have been using mediaportal on a windows 7 machine based on an i3-3220 processor with an integrated HD2500 GPU...
Replies
Views
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install the card and start the pc, my sysyem (windows XP) just hangs every time it starts. I can go into safe mode and it finds new hardware and installs the display driver but when I try and install the ATI...
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install...
Sorry for the newbie question! but... I have an old Epox EP-4G4AE P4 motherboard (Intel i845G + ICH4 chipset, ATX size...
Replies
Views
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
I have always used Intel cpu and gone build a new test computer and want to try AMD this time.. Need help to select the right...
Replies
Views
Athlon II x2 235e For anyone interested in these energy efficient parts: I have recently installed an Athlon II x2 235e (2.7GHz) as a replacement for the 4850e. It is running well for full HD TV (1080i). No post-processing has been applied as I think the PQ is fine as is. It was detected by the motherboard (BIOS rev F4) and...
Athlon II x2 235e For anyone interested in these energy efficient parts: I have recently installed an Athlon II x2 235e...
For those in the process of building / considering build options, AMD has just released a new range of energy efficient CPU's which...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New MB and CPU ++ DE
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less things work good now, I can watch HD on the server/tv combo while using clients at the same time. Now I have capacity to spare in the system :) Kinda costly TV solution, but much more fun than a black box I...
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less...
Hello, I am upgrading my HTPC server to a new mobo, cpu and GPU card. I want it to perform well so I can use it as a TV-server +...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New HTPC Mainboard (1 Viewer) DE
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but it can be used as an IR remote receiver for almost any IR remote. The key (thanks to @Rob Hexenmeister) is to use the "Full Keyboard" profile and forget about the others. MCE remote support is flaky and...
After many hours of work, I have gotten FLIRC to work as a controller for MP It has its problems, and support is nonexistent, but...
I am looking to replace my current HTPC mainboard (Intel DH67GD) with one which is Windows 11 compatible. Additional requirements...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
Hello all, It has been a while since I had any problems with my HTPC. Unfortunately, my HTPC started a month ago with...
Replies
Views
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock air cooler and the processor temp never exceeds 35 degrees C. Consequently, the fan never run faster than about about 1700 RPM, which I find is quite acceptably low noise. As the BE2350 is a lower power...
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock...
Hi there, I'm sick of struggling with my HTPC to make it quieter and cooler... My main problem resides on the CPU: a P4 3.0...
Replies
Views
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a 1TB HDD and dual tv tuner, but apart from that, it'll be a complete new build. I've been thinking the antec fusion w/remote case, so now I'm just trying to work out a suitable mATX mobo that doesnt have...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
Replies
Views
Have you already tested?
Have you already tested?
I am looking to buy the following to upgrade my HTPC. Asus P8H61-M Pro Rev 3.0 Motherboard Intel Celeron G530 Processor...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you either get an error message on startup, or no errors at all if you have driver problems with USB devices, and those error messages are totally different. I am starting to fear a hardware malfunction in the...
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you...
Hi all, I just bought the hardware for my HTPC, among them a SilverStone LC16 case and a Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H motherboard. I...
Replies
Views
LDLC seems to sell it (http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00056785.html) in France, Belgium and Switzerland for 100 euro (and in Switzerland even 85 euro)! Though that's probably ex tax, my french is not that good...
LDLC seems to sell it (http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00056785.html) in France, Belgium and Switzerland for 100 euro (and in...
Hi all, I want to build a dedicated HTPC system, and I would like your comments on which CPU to go for. AMD Sempron 3200+...
Replies
Views
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP because its so new, but there was a lot of talk about the 780g and its need for a fairly hefty processor in order to play 1080i. If you're not playing 1080i then maybe no need for the HD4550, however I dont...
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP...
Well after 6 months of using my MediaPortal HTPC. My old Dell died. It was a Dell Optiplex GX280 The machine started getting a...
Replies
Views
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember scanning ebay during a month or so) and then they cost the same or even more than the new bracket from ASUS. In fact this was my planned fallback solution, should my DIY not work. Have a good time...
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember...
Hello all, I wanted to report from my odyssey and hope that it helps someone. The target: Enjoy digital 5.1 surround sound...
Replies
Views
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For audio it uses an S/PDIF connection. I'm sure that there are others out there that will be similar
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For...
I currently have a HTPC up and running for about a year now, but its build from old parts and feeling its age. I'm looking to...
Replies
Views
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock. <http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml> and speedfan <http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php> On idle the cpu bumbles along at 1.2MHz and the CPU fan is reduced to something inaudible. Works for me. YMMV :) BigJ.
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock...
can anyone recommend a good motherboard and processor combo that will provide a smooth and QUIET running HTPC? not too bothered...
Replies
Views
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted channel while recording another. The only solution I have found or this is the Digital Devices Cine CT w/CI-Module. However, my current MoBo has no free PCIe slots. I am very limited in my choice of boards, as...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom