Mainboards / CPU / RAM (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For audio it uses an S/PDIF connection. I'm sure that there are others out there that will be similar
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For...
I currently have a HTPC up and running for about a year now, but its build from old parts and feeling its age. I'm looking to...
Replies
Views
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really one no go when you have a larger amount of tv cards. But what I wanted to say is that it could be a good idea also to look for prebuild systems instead of building some own systems.
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really...
Hello community, I am thinking about setting up a homeserver running on WHS 2011 as OS. It should also be my TVServer, maybe...
Replies
Views
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1306014-FO-GESAMTERG03 And to top it of, the Celeron MOBO is way cheaper :D
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong...
your opinions on the following scenarios would be greatly appreciated! I want to install a multiseat system in our new home; We're...
Replies
Views
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works fine (though that is on another machine, was so impressed for the price I bought a second)... The HD4000 however is garbage, for me anyway.. It is actually reletively powerful overall probably equal to...
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works...
Good day, I'm building my home setup. (link) I was wondering: will an Intel Core i3 3225 be sufficient to offer a perfect...
Replies
Views
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted channel while recording another. The only solution I have found or this is the Digital Devices Cine CT w/CI-Module. However, my current MoBo has no free PCIe slots. I am very limited in my choice of boards, as...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
Replies
Views
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues. The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting...
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no...
Albatron KI960-AM2
Replies
Views
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be overclocked.... which then surpasses your overclocked q6600 Besides that the q6600 is 65nm based, the Q9xxx series is 45nm based, for the last one compared to the first, this means more overclocking headroom, less heat...
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be...
I am having a hard time choosing amongst these two processors.:bitch: The reasons the E8500 is compelling are Cost, Power (65w)...
Replies
Views
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Hi Folks, I have a MB GA-MA78GM-S2H and it seems like I cannot get Hardware acceleration to work. Can any of you fine people...
Replies
Views
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And that's the lowest AM3 cpu I could find. Should be able to fiddle with ffdshow without strain. Or have it running more or less as idle and keep the temp and power down. Anyhow, all arrived and waiting to...
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And...
I'm going to upgrade the insides of my HTPC. Seven years old now so I think it deserves it. Seven years ago was about the last...
Replies
Views
cheers for these guys ill look into them
cheers for these guys ill look into them
i've had a look around and couldnt find anything doesnt need to be stat of the art, just have support for lots of SATA ports, and...
Replies
Views
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
I've been an AMD guy for about 15 years and I've been happy enough with their stuff, but in doing some research it seems to me that...
Replies
Views
joostzilla
J
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially those times back where the R-thing wasen't Radeon, but Rage/-Pro :D But VIA was always a mess with, since back around 1998 already, nothing changed so far. And AMD... aehm, there was some good things, but...
Eh oh no... no offense, fun only... the brush thing has make me laugh ;) I agree that ati was way better before AMD, especially...
Does MediaPortal benefit from a quad core CPU (when just watching videos), or is a higher clock dual core CPU a better option...
Replies
Views
A
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black etc.) resulted in colourful artefacts at the edges like a pearly necklace. Because of the obviously different results with homemade solutions, as I read here, I bought this device...
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black...
Hi there, I was looking for a motherboard which support either the Athlon 64 chips or P4 chips.. I haven't bought my chip yet so...
Replies
Views
K
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more close together. You rarely have everything randomly distributed across a drive. When it comes to seek times (and as a consequence to random access) SDDs are way superior because there is no mechanic...
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more...
Hi, I am after a bit of advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3 motherboard and in preparation to move to Win 7, (awaiting the...
Replies
Views
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i recommend. its fast cheap best value.ps. they are nz price. if u want power efficency then need gold psu. the i3 3225 uses 10w less but cpu and mobo will cost more than amd.
antec 2480 my mistake. only recommend bc it is cheap and included psu.click nz wiki in my sig goto hardware bit that is what i...
Hi all I'm very new (2 days) to having media portal running on my current tower machine and I must say I like it the overall...
Replies
Views
J
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time to answer specific questions you have for him too on top of all of that. My last 2 HTPC's have been based off of his advice. Great guy right there.
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time...
This is definitely a must read guide. Guide to Building a HD HTPC - AVS Forum
Replies
Views
Yeah that s a good point :D
Yeah that s a good point :D
Hi everyone, I am soon gonna build a new HTPC. I have been getting infos on the web for quite sometimes now. Until now there was...
Replies
Views
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be fair I did spend most of a year working away so I spent a very little time at home. Now I am back in the area on an extended basis I will probably get that nice TV I have been wanting.
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be...
The video section of my Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is beginning to fault, so I'm looking for a replacement micro-ATX that can use the...
Replies
Views
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over HDMI with CPU usage the most time at 35%. You don't need faster hardware, but you should use a codec with hardware capability. The bigger GPUs do the same acceleration in the same speed, don't they? They...
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over...
Hi. Yesterday i upgraded my TV card and got a nice Floppy DVB-S2. I works fine but as i suspected i got some problems with my...
Replies
Views
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you have problems with the connection reliability you'll have problems with the playback, too. I had some at the beginning of my htpc project and so I decided to use 1gbit LAN instead and I have to say that this...
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you...
I've currently got an HTPC with a PhenomII tricore, 430GT and 12GB Ram (amongst other things). This would make a pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it matx) and has the 3PCI slots that I might need. At a pinch I could have got away with the 2 PCI slots, but this gives me more choices for the future, and in anycase I have moved to an Antec 300 midi tower...
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it...
I have been working with MP for about a year now, with a 1.8G Athlon and NVidia 7600GS card with Vista and would like to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
Im slowly building up the hardware for my HTPC. (buying a peice a week so it doesnt hit the pocket at 1 go) so far ive got ...
Replies
Views
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things have limited R/W times, so R/Wing ita few thousands times per day probably means they just have a few months to live. As I said before USB sticks are terribly slow. As I haven't said before (be I thought...
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things...
I'm considering upgrading my system (see specs on left side) from 512MB to 1GB, while there stillis DDR(1) on the marked (even if...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
OK i don't know what the server must do?
OK i don't know what the server must do?
Hi Guys, I am just putting together my dedicated TV Server, and I really am struggling to get this thing even booting up. :cry...
Replies
Views
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it is also somewhat related to this thread. Anyways, thanks for all your help!
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it...
Hi! I have the following components: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD PHENOM TRIPLE-CORE 2.4 GHZ OCZ TECH OCZ Gold XTC 4096MB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above": M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX I'll be honest, I have had problems wih the M4A89GTD, I think the BIOS is a little flacky (I'm running the latest release). Sometimes it just rebooted itself, other times on BIOS...
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above"...
Hi all, I want to build an new HTPC to get HDTV. Does anybody know this mainboard: Asus M4A88TD-M EVO Which CPU sould I...
Replies
Views
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is 497 dkr
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is...
I've decised to get a Hiper Media Center HMC-2K53A case for my frontend machine but which motherboard should I get for it? I have...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The PRO is a full-ATX board and won't fit a lot of HTPC cases. There's a much wider selection of MATX enclosures.
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The...
Hey I found this mobo when looking for the cheapest way to build a full HD htpc. ASRock Motherboard - Product -...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom