Mainboards / CPU / RAM (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the ATI200 northbridge. My only complaints were that I had to up the voltage on memory to get it to be stable, and there is no hadware DXVA support so CPU is about 20%when decoding TV/DVD.
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the...
Hi there, I've been working on a htpc with MP since christmas... So far I have - an Antex Fusion cabinet - wich supports...
Replies
Views
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock air cooler and the processor temp never exceeds 35 degrees C. Consequently, the fan never run faster than about about 1700 RPM, which I find is quite acceptably low noise. As the BE2350 is a lower power...
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock...
Hi there, I'm sick of struggling with my HTPC to make it quieter and cooler... My main problem resides on the CPU: a P4 3.0...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU choice DE
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet functions. My rec.: Budget: Sempron w/CnQ (s754) Main: AMD64 3000+/3200+ (s939) perf. on a nForce 430 mobo (w/6150GFX) To much money: PentiumM My main rec. in bold text.
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet...
well I am currently running media portal on a AMD sempron 2400 (pretty old). I am only using it for eveything but live tv so...
Replies
Views
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter quality than Composite Video (Yellow Cinch) I'd go with S-Video or stay on DataLevel with VGA (RGBHV)
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter...
Hello, I'm in the process of building a 2U Media Server. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that supports...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ion 330 DE
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Noob question. I've seen references to Ion 330 motherboards in various posts and signatures. Has anybody a good working setup...
Replies
Views
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I'm looking to build a media PC to compliment my HD movie collection, brand new 1080p Plasma TV, and sound system for my house...
Replies
Views
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130526 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130520
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available...
Been reading for a couple weeks and wanted to get your thoughts on selecting a motherboard for a HTPC. The role of the HTPC will...
Replies
Views
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+ TV MSI TV@everywhere E-Duo DVB-T PCI Since I'm using the machine also to store and backup all kind of data, I'm running MS WHS. It's not officially supported by MP, but there's a lot of threads in the...
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+...
built a MP1.0.0 rig 1.5 years ago, its been stable ever since. . I've never upgraded my MP build (never needed to - is this some...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to play movies and series downloaded through torrent and watch netflix, youtube, etc directly to my 46" samsung tv, using hdmi. The xbox when jtag has the ability to play god format games through the network...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
I need help, i want to build an htpc that is powerfull to serve my xbox 360 games library through ftp. The htpc would be used to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Choice of CPU... DE
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent overclock.
Hmmm, not being rude, but the mobo (being cheap as in inexpensive) has proven itself to be quite reliable and stable with a decent...
Hey guys, I got lucky and bought an opteron 150 (2.4ghz, 1mb cache) for a fraction of its price (85$ US). Now, I started...
Replies
Views
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can select a Performance/Power Saving Preference. Setting this to Power Saving Level 4 could perhaps help to avoid your spiking problem. Current official version of RMClock is 2.05. In the Forum you will find...
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can...
I saw 0.2RC4 spiking.. at least when recording a movie. When I tried to setup CrystalCPU to benefit from Cool and Quite I have...
Replies
Views
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from memory but dispite from the number an heat these cpus should be the same (if there is a difference then it is no more than 200mhz).
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from...
Ok, I am upgrading my current HTPC to a more modern and power/heat friendly version. Currently im using my old left over ATX AMD...
Replies
Views
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics card. To me it does sound like a graphical issue, because if the mobo was at fault, it prolly wouldn't start up into windows. Trial and error my friend :)
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics...
Hi Everyone, Busting my cherry with this one. I just got home from holsto discover a problem with my dedicated HTPC and i'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help to choose CPU DE
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Hallo. I'm about to buy a CPU to my new motherboard, but I dont know what to buy. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard...
Replies
Views
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many folks are running HD with MP and ATI
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many...
At the moment my HTPC has a ASUS Motherboard with AMD CPU. The Motherboard does not have a PCIe slot, so i can not by a new NVIDIA...
Replies
Views
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel Core i3 2105 3,1GHz to start with and then, if I'm not happy with integrated graphics, add: Asus GeForce ENGT440 DC Silent/DI/1GD3 Main question: 1. What do you think about that choice? And few more...
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel...
Short story: I’m looking for a good MB (micro ATX or smaller), preferably with on-board graphics, potentially with additional...
Replies
Views
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit...
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W...
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch...
Replies
Views
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
I have always used Intel cpu and gone build a new test computer and want to try AMD this time.. Need help to select the right...
Replies
Views
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
My current setup has died, I believe the motherboard has died, I didnt try a new power supply :S. I think the bios or northbridge...
Replies
Views
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Hello, i want build up an smal fanless HTPC. I use an very smal mini PC with Intel 945GM Chip and a Intel T5200 Core 2 Duo...
Replies
Views
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next month, so I'll buy all equipment there. About the humidity, there's no problem with it until today.
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next...
Hi ! I'm planning to build my first HTPC and I'd like your help to choose beetween some motherboards. The models are...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
Hello all, It has been a while since I had any problems with my HTPC. Unfortunately, my HTPC started a month ago with...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to imply an HD4xxx series graphics card or equivalent Nvidia card is needed for best quality HD playback with all of the advanced de-interlacing modes. Kev
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to...
Hallo, I am looking for a AM2+ mainboard for a Athlon X2 4850e CPU. One of my favorites is the following: - Gigabyte...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the same time, so now for a "game" we are going to use with some friends. Thank you again.
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the...
Hi all, I would like to know the minnimun requirements to have a server for 6 clients. Actually I have a Intel P4 Core 2 duo, 2...
Replies
Views
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in one TV server.
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in...
Hello! I am looking for a suitable mainboard to set up a TV server. As I am planning on using a larger number of receivers this...
Replies
Views
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want to wait for some further comments relating to this.
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want...
Hi everyone, I'm new in your community :) I used the search function but I didn't find anything about this AMD fusion motherboard...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New MB and CPU ++ DE
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less things work good now, I can watch HD on the server/tv combo while using clients at the same time. Now I have capacity to spare in the system :) Kinda costly TV solution, but much more fun than a black box I...
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less...
Hello, I am upgrading my HTPC server to a new mobo, cpu and GPU card. I want it to perform well so I can use it as a TV-server +...
Replies
Views
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you should be good to go.
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you...
Hello, I have a PC configuration with: - Motherboard: M4A785TD EVO-M - Processor: Athlon IIX2 250 - Memory: 3 Gb...
Replies
Views
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Hi all, I would like to build a new Tv Server for my MultiSeat Mediaportal configuration (1 Client). This new Tv-Server should be...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom