Mainboards / CPU / RAM (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in one TV server.
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in...
Hello! I am looking for a suitable mainboard to set up a TV server. As I am planning on using a larger number of receivers this...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the same time, so now for a "game" we are going to use with some friends. Thank you again.
Hello thanks for your info, actually i have the server Just as TV server, but never had the oportunity to work with 6 client at the...
Hi all, I would like to know the minnimun requirements to have a server for 6 clients. Actually I have a Intel P4 Core 2 duo, 2...
Replies
Views
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+ TV MSI TV@everywhere E-Duo DVB-T PCI Since I'm using the machine also to store and backup all kind of data, I'm running MS WHS. It's not officially supported by MP, but there's a lot of threads in the...
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+...
built a MP1.0.0 rig 1.5 years ago, its been stable ever since. . I've never upgraded my MP build (never needed to - is this some...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a client), however, I would like some advice on the best motherboard and processor to use. My requirements are: microATX, absolutely the lowest total energy usage possible, HDMI out (just in case), and...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above": M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX I'll be honest, I have had problems wih the M4A89GTD, I think the BIOS is a little flacky (I'm running the latest release). Sometimes it just rebooted itself, other times on BIOS...
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above"...
Hi all, I want to build an new HTPC to get HDTV. Does anybody know this mainboard: Asus M4A88TD-M EVO Which CPU sould I...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics card. The total bill of material for an ION solution is only about 30€ less than for the 9300 ITX plus Celeron 3200 (it was at the time I made my decision). I have an ION netbook and I'm not so much...
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics...
Hi, a friend of mine introduced me to MP and I am testing it on my pc where I watch tv series etc. I am so into it now that I...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you should be good to go.
Do you have multiple monitors? Even if you don't, ATI CCC might have you set up just in case. Disable the 2nd monitor and you...
Hello, I have a PC configuration with: - Motherboard: M4A785TD EVO-M - Processor: Athlon IIX2 250 - Memory: 3 Gb...
Replies
Views
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
I've been an AMD guy for about 15 years and I've been happy enough with their stuff, but in doing some research it seems to me that...
Replies
Views
joostzilla
J
J
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time to answer specific questions you have for him too on top of all of that. My last 2 HTPC's have been based off of his advice. Great guy right there.
Yes renethx has done a fantastic job with that thread and has kept it pretty much meticulously up to date. He even takes the time...
This is definitely a must read guide. Guide to Building a HD HTPC - AVS Forum
Replies
Views
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many folks are running HD with MP and ATI
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many...
At the moment my HTPC has a ASUS Motherboard with AMD CPU. The Motherboard does not have a PCIe slot, so i can not by a new NVIDIA...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD 4200), so that's something I'll have to look into. Don't plan on doing much encoding on that machine. I do want to upscale SD video/DVDs and TV channels though. I also just saw that ffdshow has a new...
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD...
Hi folks, simple question - which is better for MP use, more cores or more clock speed? I currently have a socket AM2 Athlon 2.6GHz...
Replies
Views
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a 1TB HDD and dual tv tuner, but apart from that, it'll be a complete new build. I've been thinking the antec fusion w/remote case, so now I'm just trying to work out a suitable mATX mobo that doesnt have...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ion 330 DE
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Noob question. I've seen references to Ion 330 motherboards in various posts and signatures. Has anybody a good working setup...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
I've got an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with a 2.1GHz cpu and 3Gb Ram. It has 2 Lan connectors. Currently, I'm using only one...
Replies
Views
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with absolutely no problems....
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with...
I'm moving to a bigger place in a few weeks and want to replace my current single seat m-atx setup to a multi seat one. What I'm...
Replies
Views
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but can't get it to bring the laptop out of standby. The option is grayed out in power management. The only options I have are wake on lan, touchpad, or keyboard. The phoenix bios has no option for "wake on...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
Replies
Views
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And that's the lowest AM3 cpu I could find. Should be able to fiddle with ffdshow without strain. Or have it running more or less as idle and keep the temp and power down. Anyhow, all arrived and waiting to...
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And...
I'm going to upgrade the insides of my HTPC. Seven years old now so I think it deserves it. Seven years ago was about the last...
Replies
Views
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility list. GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List AMD Athlon II X4 600e appears to be listed. Check the BIOS version.
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility...
I've got a Gigabyte MA-78GM-S2H (AM2+ Mainboard) and I'd like to upgrade my dualcore processor to a quadcore. I'd prefer a 45W...
Replies
Views
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not sure for how long ... cross the fingers pls :D
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not...
salü 2 all ... got a problem with an asus at3n7a-i... Hardware is: asus at3n7a-i (mITX ION board) 2 x 1024 MB ram 2.5"...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upgrade my RAM (1 Viewer) DE
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
Hello, I have this motherboard Micro ATX - VIA - KM266-8235 and I want to upgrade it to 2 GB, I have already one slot 512MB type...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it is also somewhat related to this thread. Anyways, thanks for all your help!
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it...
Hi! I have the following components: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD PHENOM TRIPLE-CORE 2.4 GHZ OCZ TECH OCZ Gold XTC 4096MB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials used to create this board, everyone says the same to stay away from thisone.
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials...
hello I've been looking around for a suitable motherboards to build my HTPC, anyone has any experience with this XFX 9300...
Replies
Views
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember scanning ebay during a month or so) and then they cost the same or even more than the new bracket from ASUS. In fact this was my planned fallback solution, should my DIY not work. Have a good time...
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember...
Hello all, I wanted to report from my odyssey and hope that it helps someone. The target: Enjoy digital 5.1 surround sound...
Replies
Views
Athlon II x2 235e For anyone interested in these energy efficient parts: I have recently installed an Athlon II x2 235e (2.7GHz) as a replacement for the 4850e. It is running well for full HD TV (1080i). No post-processing has been applied as I think the PQ is fine as is. It was detected by the motherboard (BIOS rev F4) and...
Athlon II x2 235e For anyone interested in these energy efficient parts: I have recently installed an Athlon II x2 235e...
For those in the process of building / considering build options, AMD has just released a new range of energy efficient CPU's which...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more close together. You rarely have everything randomly distributed across a drive. When it comes to seek times (and as a consequence to random access) SDDs are way superior because there is no mechanic...
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more...
Hi, I am after a bit of advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3 motherboard and in preparation to move to Win 7, (awaiting the...
Replies
Views
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Hi Folks, I have a MB GA-MA78GM-S2H and it seems like I cannot get Hardware acceleration to work. Can any of you fine people...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom