Mainboards / CPU / RAM (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, yesterday I finally got my hardware and after installing Windows 8 and setting it up I noticed the missing audio output...
Replies
Views
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV Out to keep initial costs down. My HTPC would only be used for watching/recording and playback to SD digital tv using just the TV Out port. For DVD movie playback I'd just stick to using my regular...
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV...
Hi I am going to build an new htpc. I already have samsung hd hauppauge 150 saphire radeon 256 mb samsung dvd player...
Replies
Views
scottb721
S
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install the card and start the pc, my sysyem (windows XP) just hangs every time it starts. I can go into safe mode and it finds new hardware and installs the display driver but when I try and install the ATI...
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install...
Sorry for the newbie question! but... I have an old Epox EP-4G4AE P4 motherboard (Intel i845G + ICH4 chipset, ATX size...
Replies
Views
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next month, so I'll buy all equipment there. About the humidity, there's no problem with it until today.
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next...
Hi ! I'm planning to build my first HTPC and I'd like your help to choose beetween some motherboards. The models are...
Replies
Views
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago, included a psu too. But for major items I prefer Newegg. They also have an extensive review system for most of their items and after reading a few of them you can quickly get the drift of other users...
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago...
This is the first HTPC i've ever built, It's gonna be a full sized computer. I need to know what motherboard/cpu I should get for...
Replies
Views
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really one no go when you have a larger amount of tv cards. But what I wanted to say is that it could be a good idea also to look for prebuild systems instead of building some own systems.
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really...
Hello community, I am thinking about setting up a homeserver running on WHS 2011 as OS. It should also be my TVServer, maybe...
Replies
Views
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote login.
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote...
Hi everybody, I have been using mediaportal on a windows 7 machine based on an i3-3220 processor with an integrated HD2500 GPU...
Replies
Views
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the few ATI cards I tried where once the display went to sleep the card wouldn't "wake" the display when you moved the mouse or accessed the remote. So everytime the display went to sleep I had to restart the...
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the...
I've got an extra 2.66G Core 2 Duo E7300 and am considering upgrading my MediaPortal box. What would be a decent motherboard...
Replies
Views
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works fine now! :thx:
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works...
Hello, I use a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to install an new Harddisk: Western-Digital 1TB (WD10EACS). With the...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to imply an HD4xxx series graphics card or equivalent Nvidia card is needed for best quality HD playback with all of the advanced de-interlacing modes. Kev
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to...
Hallo, I am looking for a AM2+ mainboard for a Athlon X2 4850e CPU. One of my favorites is the following: - Gigabyte...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What CPU? DE
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost for both was about $110 US with shipping. These semprons overclock really well too. What I saved on the board and CPU I used to buy an X1300 card for graphics. I bought it refurbished for $66 with...
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost...
I have no idea where to begin looking for a CPU for my HTPC. I want to use the HTPC mainly for watching and recording TV and...
Replies
Views
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
So ive heard that there is a problem with silicon degradation in the new generation of i-processors with their chipset on certain...
Replies
Views
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
Hello, Anyone using an Atom D525 with NM10 (GMA 3150) rig for Media Portal? Is it able to playback 1080p materials stutter...
Replies
Views
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works fine (though that is on another machine, was so impressed for the price I bought a second)... The HD4000 however is garbage, for me anyway.. It is actually reletively powerful overall probably equal to...
I have an i3 3225 (with HD4000) and it is a great CPU, very impressive, even the dolphin emulator which is very CPU intensive works...
Good day, I'm building my home setup. (link) I was wondering: will an Intel Core i3 3225 be sufficient to offer a perfect...
Replies
Views
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Usage DE
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
Hi there, what do you think, how much MB of RAM do I need for Mediaportal and a constantly running Emule or Bittorrent...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :-)
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors...
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics? I...
Replies
Views
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need that. + There are no 'extra channels' I realy like. I'm pretty happy with the analog channels.
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need...
Hi all, My first time asking a question on this forum (and believe me, it won’t be the last) I want to build my own htpc but...
Replies
Views
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in one TV server.
Oh - I am talking dual tuner cards :-) The setup should be 4 x Terratec 2400i dt, 2 x KNC ONE DVB-C and 1 x Hauppauge PVR 500 in...
Hello! I am looking for a suitable mainboard to set up a TV server. As I am planning on using a larger number of receivers this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU (1 Viewer) DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit...
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W...
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
AMD Thanks this gone slve everything Cheers
I have always used Intel cpu and gone build a new test computer and want to try AMD this time.. Need help to select the right...
Replies
Views
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1306014-FO-GESAMTERG03 And to top it of, the Celeron MOBO is way cheaper :D
Yes, thank you very much indeed! I thought the Celeron would be slower, but I guess I'm proven wrong...
your opinions on the following scenarios would be greatly appreciated! I want to install a multiseat system in our new home; We're...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DN2800MT for TV Server usage only (1 Viewer) DE
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor) If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS. The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback...
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the...
Hi guys, had a try with the forum search, but no Hits. Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom...
Replies
Views
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I live in sweden and it hasn't arrived any cards yet!! do someone know a seller in europe that shipps to sweden, has it in stock...
Replies
Views
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least you'll know they've been tested together. Worth a glance usually before buying.
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least...
I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard which says it supports DDR2 1066 RAM, so I bought a Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom