Mainboards / CPU / RAM (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
A
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black etc.) resulted in colourful artefacts at the edges like a pearly necklace. Because of the obviously different results with homemade solutions, as I read here, I bought this device...
innersky I was very unhappy with the poor TV-out on my graphics card Sapphire Atlantis 9200SE. High contrasts (i.e. white on black...
Hi there, I was looking for a motherboard which support either the Athlon 64 chips or P4 chips.. I haven't bought my chip yet so...
Replies
Views
K
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics card. To me it does sound like a graphical issue, because if the mobo was at fault, it prolly wouldn't start up into windows. Trial and error my friend :)
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics...
Hi Everyone, Busting my cherry with this one. I just got home from holsto discover a problem with my dedicated HTPC and i'm...
Replies
Views
cheers for these guys ill look into them
cheers for these guys ill look into them
i've had a look around and couldnt find anything doesnt need to be stat of the art, just have support for lots of SATA ports, and...
Replies
Views
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And that's the lowest AM3 cpu I could find. Should be able to fiddle with ffdshow without strain. Or have it running more or less as idle and keep the temp and power down. Anyhow, all arrived and waiting to...
Even though it seems like overkill, the cost is such now that there's not much point going much lower. £37 is what I paid. And...
I'm going to upgrade the insides of my HTPC. Seven years old now so I think it deserves it. Seven years ago was about the last...
Replies
Views
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next month, so I'll buy all equipment there. About the humidity, there's no problem with it until today.
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next...
Hi ! I'm planning to build my first HTPC and I'd like your help to choose beetween some motherboards. The models are...
Replies
Views
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many folks are running HD with MP and ATI
I have a Asus MB with Nvidia. I would be happy to trade for an ATI. I am not sure what "reframe greater then 4" means but many...
At the moment my HTPC has a ASUS Motherboard with AMD CPU. The Motherboard does not have a PCIe slot, so i can not by a new NVIDIA...
Replies
Views
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130526 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130520
Do you mean the MSI RS482M-IL? Where are you located? In North America there are a couple models available...
Been reading for a couple weeks and wanted to get your thoughts on selecting a motherboard for a HTPC. The role of the HTPC will...
Replies
Views
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV Out to keep initial costs down. My HTPC would only be used for watching/recording and playback to SD digital tv using just the TV Out port. For DVD movie playback I'd just stick to using my regular...
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV...
Hi I am going to build an new htpc. I already have samsung hd hauppauge 150 saphire radeon 256 mb samsung dvd player...
Replies
Views
scottb721
S
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the few ATI cards I tried where once the display went to sleep the card wouldn't "wake" the display when you moved the mouse or accessed the remote. So everytime the display went to sleep I had to restart the...
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the...
I've got an extra 2.66G Core 2 Duo E7300 and am considering upgrading my MediaPortal box. What would be a decent motherboard...
Replies
Views
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server. I'm using an MSI P45 Neo3 - FR motherboard. It has 8 SATA ports, 4 PCI ports and gigabit ethernet. It also has on board RAID. I'm very happy with it. VdR
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server...
Hi guys, Looking for a little advice, I am looking to build a Server to distribute my media around my house aswell as being a...
Replies
Views
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
Hi all, I ended up buying the nmedia 2000b with the optional LED and am very pleased with it http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc2000.htm...
Replies
Views
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
Have someone tried to use an ATOM 330 (dual core) cpu as a MP server, where it is only used as server? I want to make a server...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum • View topic - FloppyDTV S2 - Red LED Blinking by TurnOn/Standby awakening Good luck, I guess this is the solution. Regards, Wijnand
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum • View topic - FloppyDTV S2...
I now have an Asus m2a-vm-hdmi motherboard but I have problems with the firewire controller (needed for the FloppyDTV tuners) and...
Replies
Views
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it fixed my blinking light on my motherboard. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it...
Hello, So I just got the final pieces for my htpc, after all the planning and pre-configuring, after all the painstaking hours...
Replies
Views
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI riser, but the motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot!!!!
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI...
Can this mobo do in a HTPC? I'm thinking about graphics/audio Case:Silverstone LC04. Any sugest for speed of CPU, it must run...
Replies
Views
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works fine now! :thx:
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works...
Hello, I use a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to install an new Harddisk: Western-Digital 1TB (WD10EACS). With the...
Replies
Views
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least you'll know they've been tested together. Worth a glance usually before buying.
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least...
I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard which says it supports DDR2 1066 RAM, so I bought a Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2...
Replies
Views
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the graphics on my HTPC. :D Currently running the onboard graphics of my MS-7093 motherboard. I've got my eye on a passive GeForce 7600 GS. Seems to tick all the boxes... until I looked at the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the ATI200 northbridge. My only complaints were that I had to up the voltage on memory to get it to be stable, and there is no hadware DXVA support so CPU is about 20%when decoding TV/DVD.
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the...
Hi there, I've been working on a htpc with MP since christmas... So far I have - an Antex Fusion cabinet - wich supports...
Replies
Views
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
Im slowly building up the hardware for my HTPC. (buying a peice a week so it doesnt hit the pocket at 1 go) so far ive got ...
Replies
Views
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU instead of 6 EU) - this is worth having if you are going to use only the integrated GPU.
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU...
Hi everyone, I'm wanting some advice on a good HTPC rig. Basically I want a really stable setup - it doesn't have to be super...
Replies
Views
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
^^^ Heh I can't tell if that is meant to be here or in a new thread of its own haha.
Hey guys, seems that I just shot my system. Tried to add a fresh hdd and afterwards I dont get any picture on tv/lcd with onboard...
Replies
Views
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for MediaPortal use (with reserves) but I am afraid to tell you that the integrated video-adapter is not so you would have to buy a sepparate one. I am using a T5600 CPU by the way, which is the fastest of the 34...
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for...
I'm now putting together the spec for my MP based setuop box. Although, I estimate most things, what I'm not currently sure about...
Replies
Views
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from memory but dispite from the number an heat these cpus should be the same (if there is a difference then it is no more than 200mhz).
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from...
Ok, I am upgrading my current HTPC to a more modern and power/heat friendly version. Currently im using my old left over ATX AMD...
Replies
Views
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
stumbled upon the new amd 785g chipset... a worthy successor to the 780g? also found an interesting mainboard, the foxconn...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above": M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX I'll be honest, I have had problems wih the M4A89GTD, I think the BIOS is a little flacky (I'm running the latest release). Sometimes it just rebooted itself, other times on BIOS...
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above"...
Hi all, I want to build an new HTPC to get HDTV. Does anybody know this mainboard: Asus M4A88TD-M EVO Which CPU sould I...
Replies
Views
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the cable+tv on my girlfriends 7900 GT where it worked like a charm. Best regards Martin
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a client), however, I would like some advice on the best motherboard and processor to use. My requirements are: microATX, absolutely the lowest total energy usage possible, HDMI out (just in case), and...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Hi, I have acquired an Antec Fusion case and have decided to use it as a TV server (I have an Acer R3610 which I can use as a...
Replies
Views
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent internal and external design. that means no windows, flashing fans and all that cheap crap golf tuners would adore :D but caseking is not cheapest source for hardware. for the purchase i would look at...
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent...
Hi guys, I am quite a newbie in HTPC building and the only knowledge i got is surfing through this board ;) I have a pretty idea...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom