Mainboards / CPU / RAM (3 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP because its so new, but there was a lot of talk about the 780g and its need for a fairly hefty processor in order to play 1080i. If you're not playing 1080i then maybe no need for the HD4550, however I dont...
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP...
Well after 6 months of using my MediaPortal HTPC. My old Dell died. It was a Dell Optiplex GX280 The machine started getting a...
Replies
Views
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU (T1300) and it was completely noiseless. The disadvantage is that you can use only HDMI displays. CRT is not supported, because it doesn't have S- or composite video out and a VGA to SCART is also...
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU...
Hi Folks, I am ramping up to buy a HTPC and run mediaportal :) - I am considering buying a Core2Duo Mobile (the Merom range)...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 RAM Usage DE
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
dualchannel 1-2% ? i think 10-20%
Hi there, what do you think, how much MB of RAM do I need for Mediaportal and a constantly running Emule or Bittorrent...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I got the video bracket with the package and the S-Video is fine S/P-dif bracket wasn't included so I'm building my own /BigAl
I live in sweden and it hasn't arrived any cards yet!! do someone know a seller in europe that shipps to sweden, has it in stock...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability, durability) I want to switch to Intel. I wanted to order the following system (Socket 1155): Intel Media Sedries DZ68DB (Z68 chip..) Intel Pentium G630T (35W TDP) G.Skill Dimm DRR3-1333 (PC310600) (16GB of...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Replies
Views
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money that you save each year when you buy a low power CPU and then compare the two versions. Not making a decision based on only the price in the store... I agree with you if you where talking about power...
I think the CPU idle power usage is the very important if you are building a HTPC that will be on 24/7, You can calculate te money...
Have a look at this: 25W Athlon 260u shipping in Europe - Processors - Fudzilla
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upgrade my RAM DE
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I got a good deal. Thank you guys for all your help.
Hello, I have this motherboard Micro ATX - VIA - KM266-8235 and I want to upgrade it to 2 GB, I have already one slot 512MB type...
Replies
Views
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for MediaPortal use (with reserves) but I am afraid to tell you that the integrated video-adapter is not so you would have to buy a sepparate one. I am using a T5600 CPU by the way, which is the fastest of the 34...
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for...
I'm now putting together the spec for my MP based setuop box. Although, I estimate most things, what I'm not currently sure about...
Replies
Views
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs audio and video goes to my TV. I seem to be able to enable audio on either one output or the other, but not both at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this? It would be really useful to be able to...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
I've got a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P mboard with onboard HD 7.1 audio outputs. I have a Geforce-based HDMI graphics card that outputs...
Replies
Views
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not sure for how long ... cross the fingers pls :D
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not...
salü 2 all ... got a problem with an asus at3n7a-i... Hardware is: asus at3n7a-i (mITX ION board) 2 x 1024 MB ram 2.5"...
Replies
Views
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago, included a psu too. But for major items I prefer Newegg. They also have an extensive review system for most of their items and after reading a few of them you can quickly get the drift of other users...
I use geeks for their occasionally good sale items, I bought a USB to IDE adapter there for 10 dollars a couple of months ago...
This is the first HTPC i've ever built, It's gonna be a full sized computer. I need to know what motherboard/cpu I should get for...
Replies
Views
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios battery. Unfortunately it didn't help. But the straight dope was that you can't exclude that the bios chip is defect. I ordered a new one from ebay with the lastet bios version to try it out and installed it and...
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios...
My problem: It seems that my motherboard gave up the ghost. Since a while I had a problem that my htpc was shutting down itself or...
Replies
Views
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server. I'm using an MSI P45 Neo3 - FR motherboard. It has 8 SATA ports, 4 PCI ports and gigabit ethernet. It also has on board RAID. I'm very happy with it. VdR
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server...
Hi guys, Looking for a little advice, I am looking to build a Server to distribute my media around my house aswell as being a...
Replies
Views
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need that. + There are no 'extra channels' I realy like. I'm pretty happy with the analog channels.
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need...
Hi all, My first time asking a question on this forum (and believe me, it won’t be the last) I want to build my own htpc but...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics card. The total bill of material for an ION solution is only about 30€ less than for the 9300 ITX plus Celeron 3200 (it was at the time I made my decision). I have an ION netbook and I'm not so much...
AW: Re: AW: Re: What's your opinion on this rig? The nice thing about the 9300 ITX is that you *don't* need another graphics...
Hi, a friend of mine introduced me to MP and I am testing it on my pc where I watch tv series etc. I am so into it now that I...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
Thanks! Exactly what I needed....
I've got an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with a 2.1GHz cpu and 3Gb Ram. It has 2 Lan connectors. Currently, I'm using only one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I What I am trying to setup is a HTPC using this type of motherboard (mainly because its silent and not too power hungry). I intend to use the Hauppauge 'HVR-2250 Dual-tuner TV PCI-E' as my DVBT capture...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is this CPU Enough? DE
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi catalyst drivers and mediaportal with silly crashes (using 7.2, 7.9 or 7.10) so have stuck in an Nvidia 6600GT and MP is running like a sweetheart now :)
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi...
Hi All, I am looking at putting together a dedicated HTPC to run MP and be used for streaming x264 from my main pc over LAN...
Replies
Views
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my mediaportalsystem should look. I'm aiming for a cheep and power efficient server. I found the...
Replies
Views
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI riser, but the motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot!!!!
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI...
Can this mobo do in a HTPC? I'm thinking about graphics/audio Case:Silverstone LC04. Any sugest for speed of CPU, it must run...
Replies
Views
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember scanning ebay during a month or so) and then they cost the same or even more than the new bracket from ASUS. In fact this was my planned fallback solution, should my DIY not work. Have a good time...
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember...
Hello all, I wanted to report from my odyssey and hope that it helps someone. The target: Enjoy digital 5.1 surround sound...
Replies
Views
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated TV-SERVER configuration: AMD64 SEMPRON 2800+ ASUS K8N nforce3 2x Technotrend CI-1501 DVB-C No video card installed Watching SD channels on my Mediaportal CLIENT works fine (TV-SERVER processor is...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Replies
Views
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest...
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1...
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows: Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD 4200), so that's something I'll have to look into. Don't plan on doing much encoding on that machine. I do want to upscale SD video/DVDs and TV channels though. I also just saw that ffdshow has a new...
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD...
Hi folks, simple question - which is better for MP use, more cores or more clock speed? I currently have a socket AM2 Athlon 2.6GHz...
Replies
Views
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility list. GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List AMD Athlon II X4 600e appears to be listed. Check the BIOS version.
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility...
I've got a Gigabyte MA-78GM-S2H (AM2+ Mainboard) and I'd like to upgrade my dualcore processor to a quadcore. I'd prefer a 45W...
Replies
Views
>click<
>click<
Hi guys I want to upgrade my old AMD64 x2 4200+ CPU becase, When i want play a big ass 1080p rip ( 9~15 gigabyte). Al i get is...
Replies
Views
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV Out to keep initial costs down. My HTPC would only be used for watching/recording and playback to SD digital tv using just the TV Out port. For DVD movie playback I'd just stick to using my regular...
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV...
Hi I am going to build an new htpc. I already have samsung hd hauppauge 150 saphire radeon 256 mb samsung dvd player...
Replies
Views
scottb721
S
MP1 MP2 CPU DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was disabled in debug mode although there still was major framedrops.
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was...
Right now my HTPC have a Point Of View - ION330 mainboad but i can't get it play HD Live tv with Mediaportal. (it works fine in...
Replies
Views
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait for the AT5IONT-I... completely passive, usb3 with wireless controller...) or ASROCK 880GMH/USB3 (with amd 610e ... only 45w) which of them work well with mp?
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom