Mainboards / CPU / RAM (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more close together. You rarely have everything randomly distributed across a drive. When it comes to seek times (and as a consequence to random access) SDDs are way superior because there is no mechanic...
You're right here. Linear read is the most important factor for the "feeled" performance as applications and data files are more...
Hi, I am after a bit of advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3 motherboard and in preparation to move to Win 7, (awaiting the...
Replies
Views
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Harr harr ... first post covers it :P
Hi Folks, I have a MB GA-MA78GM-S2H and it seems like I cannot get Hardware acceleration to work. Can any of you fine people...
Replies
Views
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP because its so new, but there was a lot of talk about the 780g and its need for a fairly hefty processor in order to play 1080i. If you're not playing 1080i then maybe no need for the HD4550, however I dont...
Depends on what processor you;re using and what you want to play. There's not a lot of discussion around about the 785G and MP...
Well after 6 months of using my MediaPortal HTPC. My old Dell died. It was a Dell Optiplex GX280 The machine started getting a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help for new HTPC DE
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
tnx, I'll take a look Bye
Hi, I'm planning to build a new HTPC, to couple with my brand new TV, Samsung LE 46A756. I'm in doubt on the motherboard and...
Replies
Views
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my mediaportalsystem should look. I'm aiming for a cheep and power efficient server. I found the...
Replies
Views
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Hello, i want build up an smal fanless HTPC. I use an very smal mini PC with Intel 945GM Chip and a Intel T5200 Core 2 Duo...
Replies
Views
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated TV-SERVER configuration: AMD64 SEMPRON 2800+ ASUS K8N nforce3 2x Technotrend CI-1501 DVB-C No video card installed Watching SD channels on my Mediaportal CLIENT works fine (TV-SERVER processor is...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Replies
Views
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server. I'm using an MSI P45 Neo3 - FR motherboard. It has 8 SATA ports, 4 PCI ports and gigabit ethernet. It also has on board RAID. I'm very happy with it. VdR
I realize this is an old message your sever may be ready by now ;) I'm just finalizing the build of my new TV- & Media- server...
Hi guys, Looking for a little advice, I am looking to build a Server to distribute my media around my house aswell as being a...
Replies
Views
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is 497 dkr
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is...
I've decised to get a Hiper Media Center HMC-2K53A case for my frontend machine but which motherboard should I get for it? I have...
Replies
Views
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
stumbled upon the new amd 785g chipset... a worthy successor to the 780g? also found an interesting mainboard, the foxconn...
Replies
Views
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it fixed my blinking light on my motherboard. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it...
Hello, So I just got the final pieces for my htpc, after all the planning and pre-configuring, after all the painstaking hours...
Replies
Views
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
IIRC it is a PITA getting Intel IGP to work w/DXVA in some cases.
My current setup has died, I believe the motherboard has died, I didnt try a new power supply :S. I think the bios or northbridge...
Replies
Views
>click<
>click<
Hi guys I want to upgrade my old AMD64 x2 4200+ CPU becase, When i want play a big ass 1080p rip ( 9~15 gigabyte). Al i get is...
Replies
Views
cheers for these guys ill look into them
cheers for these guys ill look into them
i've had a look around and couldnt find anything doesnt need to be stat of the art, just have support for lots of SATA ports, and...
Replies
Views
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it in there. also the board put out less than 5v so you wont be able to power usb powered devices like a HD.
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it...
I have recently rebuilt my HTPC with an Intel DG45ID but have been disappointed with a number of issues (constant unwanted WOL...
Replies
Views
My HD 4670 is dual slot which is why it's silent but you wanted a single slot card to avoid wasting a PCI. I don't need PCI slots at this point so it was a good sacrifice.
My HD 4670 is dual slot which is why it's silent but you wanted a single slot card to avoid wasting a PCI. I don't need PCI slots...
Hello, I want to upgrade my system with this objectives faster boot / rewake from hibernate no problems with HD TV (BluRay...
Replies
Views
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues. The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting...
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no...
Albatron KI960-AM2
Replies
Views
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be overclocked.... which then surpasses your overclocked q6600 Besides that the q6600 is 65nm based, the Q9xxx series is 45nm based, for the last one compared to the first, this means more overclocking headroom, less heat...
This is no comparission becuase you're comparing a non overclocked Q96xx to a overclocked Q6600. The 96xx can also be...
I am having a hard time choosing amongst these two processors.:bitch: The reasons the E8500 is compelling are Cost, Power (65w)...
Replies
Views
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since my display is only 720, but I occasionally stream from 1080 sources. I haven't watched closely, but I think the GPU is handling most of the video. I can run HD streams while transcoding XVid and...
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since...
Hallo, I need help, hints to choose the right onboard graphic chip to connect my HTPC via HDMI to my Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the cable+tv on my girlfriends 7900 GT where it worked like a charm. Best regards Martin
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to imply an HD4xxx series graphics card or equivalent Nvidia card is needed for best quality HD playback with all of the advanced de-interlacing modes. Kev
Have a read of this High-Definition PC Experience: Graphics Cards vs. High-Definition Video Playback - X-bit labs Seems to...
Hallo, I am looking for a AM2+ mainboard for a Athlon X2 4850e CPU. One of my favorites is the following: - Gigabyte...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The PRO is a full-ATX board and won't fit a lot of HTPC cases. There's a much wider selection of MATX enclosures.
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The...
Hey I found this mobo when looking for the cheapest way to build a full HD htpc. ASRock Motherboard - Product -...
Replies
Views
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical. Both on the same time is not possible. The other points, I don't know.
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical...
Hi, i want to put my ati video card and my usb/firewire card otside of my htpc. i the same procedure i replace the main system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable of decoding h.264 for HDTV in 1080p without the Support of a Graphics Card, since the mini has an 950 Onboard Intel. If someone could help me abou that it would be great, thanks. Oh, I almost forgot...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Replies
Views
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works fine now! :thx:
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works...
Hello, I use a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to install an new Harddisk: Western-Digital 1TB (WD10EACS). With the...
Replies
Views
Yeah that s a good point :D
Yeah that s a good point :D
Hi everyone, I am soon gonna build a new HTPC. I have been getting infos on the web for quite sometimes now. Until now there was...
Replies
Views
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over HDMI with CPU usage the most time at 35%. You don't need faster hardware, but you should use a codec with hardware capability. The bigger GPUs do the same acceleration in the same speed, don't they? They...
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over...
Hi. Yesterday i upgraded my TV card and got a nice Floppy DVB-S2. I works fine but as i suspected i got some problems with my...
Replies
Views
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it matx) and has the 3PCI slots that I might need. At a pinch I could have got away with the 2 PCI slots, but this gives me more choices for the future, and in anycase I have moved to an Antec 300 midi tower...
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it...
I have been working with MP for about a year now, with a 1.8G Athlon and NVidia 7600GS card with Vista and would like to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4) compared to xp on same pc (dualboot), anyway was doing a bit of research into graphics card temperatures and downloaded the nvidia system tools package, this gives you a updater for all nvidia based products...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom