Mainboards / CPU / RAM (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
MP1 MP2 What CPU? DE
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost for both was about $110 US with shipping. These semprons overclock really well too. What I saved on the board and CPU I used to buy an X1300 card for graphics. I bought it refurbished for $66 with...
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost...
I have no idea where to begin looking for a CPU for my HTPC. I want to use the HTPC mainly for watching and recording TV and...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this working. Thank you for your thoughts.
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this...
Help! I am trying to get SPDIF passthrough working with my external processor and am not having any luck with DTS although 5.1...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC for TV (DVB-C) DE
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a separate VGA card too. Right now I have to build a new desktop PC, so I won't have money for this HTPC now... I'm still reading tests and reviews about these HW components. If I ever be able to build this, I...
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a...
Hello everyone, I looked at many threads, but I hardly found all of my answers for my questions. I would like to set up my first...
Replies
Views
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or MPExtended. Anyone doing this? Please help.Maybe CPU is irrelevant as there is Airvideo.. Right? :whistle:
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or...
Hi! Posted same kind of message to other area but this concerns just CPU. I need to watch one and record 12 SD channels...
Replies
Views
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor) If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS. The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback...
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the...
Hi guys, had a try with the forum search, but no Hits. Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom...
Replies
Views
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of it for timeshifting. The memory is running in "unganged" mode to allow for the dual memory controllers and it is being reported as running at 1333Mhz. The performance is great, far quicker than the...
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of...
Hi Guys, I have now given up on my current server motherboard - it will not play nice with multicore processors. I need to get...
Replies
Views
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more valuable than DDR3 :D
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more...
I am rebuilding my main backers TV server box that acts as a client for 1 room but also serves 3 other client machines. All...
Replies
Views
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote login.
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote...
Hi everybody, I have been using mediaportal on a windows 7 machine based on an i3-3220 processor with an integrated HD2500 GPU...
Replies
Views
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
I was looking at the Athlon II X2 245e as a CPU for an HTPC I'm building for my brother, on a motherboard with IGP HD3200. Would...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI boards for at least 10 years. Long before they added the flashy stuff and became so expensive. They have always been very reliable and stable. Only one died and that's because the power supply killed it...
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on a motherboard to use for a HTPC, and I really like the nForce430 motherboards with...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU instead of 6 EU) - this is worth having if you are going to use only the integrated GPU.
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU...
Hi everyone, I'm wanting some advice on a good HTPC rig. Basically I want a really stable setup - it doesn't have to be super...
Replies
Views
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since my display is only 720, but I occasionally stream from 1080 sources. I haven't watched closely, but I think the GPU is handling most of the video. I can run HD streams while transcoding XVid and...
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since...
Hallo, I need help, hints to choose the right onboard graphic chip to connect my HTPC via HDMI to my Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500. I...
Replies
Views
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent internal and external design. that means no windows, flashing fans and all that cheap crap golf tuners would adore :D but caseking is not cheapest source for hardware. for the purchase i would look at...
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent...
Hi guys, I am quite a newbie in HTPC building and the only knowledge i got is surfing through this board ;) I have a pretty idea...
Replies
Views
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The PRO is a full-ATX board and won't fit a lot of HTPC cases. There's a much wider selection of MATX enclosures.
Yeah, that should be fine IMO. To be honest, the only thing I regret about mine is that I went for the PRO instead of the EM. The...
Hey I found this mobo when looking for the cheapest way to build a full HD htpc. ASRock Motherboard - Product -...
Replies
Views
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is 497 dkr
Check Vis alle - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide Lowest price is...
I've decised to get a Hiper Media Center HMC-2K53A case for my frontend machine but which motherboard should I get for it? I have...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above": M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX I'll be honest, I have had problems wih the M4A89GTD, I think the BIOS is a little flacky (I'm running the latest release). Sometimes it just rebooted itself, other times on BIOS...
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above"...
Hi all, I want to build an new HTPC to get HDTV. Does anybody know this mainboard: Asus M4A88TD-M EVO Which CPU sould I...
Replies
Views
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it is also somewhat related to this thread. Anyways, thanks for all your help!
Sorry, I thought about that afterwards - it is more a video card question than a motherboard question, so I posted it there. But it...
Hi! I have the following components: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD PHENOM TRIPLE-CORE 2.4 GHZ OCZ TECH OCZ Gold XTC 4096MB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
OK i don't know what the server must do?
OK i don't know what the server must do?
Hi Guys, I am just putting together my dedicated TV Server, and I really am struggling to get this thing even booting up. :cry...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things have limited R/W times, so R/Wing ita few thousands times per day probably means they just have a few months to live. As I said before USB sticks are terribly slow. As I haven't said before (be I thought...
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things...
I'm considering upgrading my system (see specs on left side) from 512MB to 1GB, while there stillis DDR(1) on the marked (even if...
Replies
Views
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
Im slowly building up the hardware for my HTPC. (buying a peice a week so it doesnt hit the pocket at 1 go) so far ive got ...
Replies
Views
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you have problems with the connection reliability you'll have problems with the playback, too. I had some at the beginning of my htpc project and so I decided to use 1gbit LAN instead and I have to say that this...
In most cases where wifi makes problems with video playback it also makes problems with other applications. Especially when you...
I've currently got an HTPC with a PhenomII tricore, 430GT and 12GB Ram (amongst other things). This would make a pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it matx) and has the 3PCI slots that I might need. At a pinch I could have got away with the 2 PCI slots, but this gives me more choices for the future, and in anycase I have moved to an Antec 300 midi tower...
Well Ive just put in an order for ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 with an 4850e Its ATX (though most of the adds wrongly mark it...
I have been working with MP for about a year now, with a 1.8G Athlon and NVidia 7600GS card with Vista and would like to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over HDMI with CPU usage the most time at 35%. You don't need faster hardware, but you should use a codec with hardware capability. The bigger GPUs do the same acceleration in the same speed, don't they? They...
You don't need to buy such gaming hardware. I am using an Athlon64 X2 4200+ with 2GB and an ATI 2400Pro and It plays 1080p over...
Hi. Yesterday i upgraded my TV card and got a nice Floppy DVB-S2. I works fine but as i suspected i got some problems with my...
Replies
Views
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be fair I did spend most of a year working away so I spent a very little time at home. Now I am back in the area on an extended basis I will probably get that nice TV I have been wanting.
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be...
The video section of my Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is beginning to fault, so I'm looking for a replacement micro-ATX that can use the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom