Mainboards / CPU / RAM (3 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
1gkar - I can see the boot up/post screen on my TV. Yes, I do have to reset the flicker filter everytime I reboot! My telly is connected via s-video. I tried to connect it via component input. I get the POST screen but as soon as the driver loads in XP the screen goes all fxxed. Gave up and have gone back to s-video. Have you got...
1gkar - I can see the boot up/post screen on my TV. Yes, I do have to reset the flicker filter everytime I reboot! My telly is...
Is there one? Ive just replaced my DFI RS482 (socket 939) when I got sick of the random reboots ( known issue for this MB according...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help to choose CPU DE
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Thanks for all replies, now I know that I shall buy that CPU. /Juppe
Hallo. I'm about to buy a CPU to my new motherboard, but I dont know what to buy. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Thanks for that info guys... nice to get some recommended brand names to start looking at.
Hi all, Sorry if this question has been done to death... but about 3 years ago I started out messing around with MediaPortal and...
Replies
Views
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least you'll know they've been tested together. Worth a glance usually before buying.
On the Gigabyte website, you can find a list of compatible memory. Obviously, these won't be the only ones that work, but at least...
I currently have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard which says it supports DDR2 1066 RAM, so I bought a Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2...
Replies
Views
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next month, so I'll buy all equipment there. About the humidity, there's no problem with it until today.
Thank for answering my question !!!! I'll wait next week for the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. Finrudd341, I'll be in US next...
Hi ! I'm planning to build my first HTPC and I'd like your help to choose beetween some motherboards. The models are...
Replies
Views
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install the card and start the pc, my sysyem (windows XP) just hangs every time it starts. I can go into safe mode and it finds new hardware and installs the display driver but when I try and install the ATI...
Looks like SwingSultan was correct. I bought a sapphire HD 2400 pro 8x card and I can't get it to install at all! When I install...
Sorry for the newbie question! but... I have an old Epox EP-4G4AE P4 motherboard (Intel i845G + ICH4 chipset, ATX size...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Little CPU dilemma DE
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm motherboard. the athlon produces less heat than the c2d and which is more important produces less heat when there is no stress on the cpu. the same goes for amd motherboards. the onbaord graphics card...
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm...
Hello, I am building my first HTPC based on many recommendations, and for a mainboard I chose the Abit F-I90HD with socket 775...
Replies
Views
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent internal and external design. that means no windows, flashing fans and all that cheap crap golf tuners would adore :D but caseking is not cheapest source for hardware. for the purchase i would look at...
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent...
Hi guys, I am quite a newbie in HTPC building and the only knowledge i got is surfing through this board ;) I have a pretty idea...
Replies
Views
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from memory but dispite from the number an heat these cpus should be the same (if there is a difference then it is no more than 200mhz).
instead of the 4400+ i would take a x3 be-2300 or 2350. instead of 65w they have a tdp of 45w. i dont know the clockspeeds from...
Ok, I am upgrading my current HTPC to a more modern and power/heat friendly version. Currently im using my old left over ATX AMD...
Replies
Views
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
No my tv only supports 720p 720i and 1080i! Can set refresh rate to 25, 29 and 30 at 1080i.
Im slowly building up the hardware for my HTPC. (buying a peice a week so it doesnt hit the pocket at 1 go) so far ive got ...
Replies
Views
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for MediaPortal use (with reserves) but I am afraid to tell you that the integrated video-adapter is not so you would have to buy a sepparate one. I am using a T5600 CPU by the way, which is the fastest of the 34...
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for...
I'm now putting together the spec for my MP based setuop box. Although, I estimate most things, what I'm not currently sure about...
Replies
Views
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you either get an error message on startup, or no errors at all if you have driver problems with USB devices, and those error messages are totally different. I am starting to fear a hardware malfunction in the...
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you...
Hi all, I just bought the hardware for my HTPC, among them a SilverStone LC16 case and a Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H motherboard. I...
Replies
Views
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU (T1300) and it was completely noiseless. The disadvantage is that you can use only HDMI displays. CRT is not supported, because it doesn't have S- or composite video out and a VGA to SCART is also...
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU...
Hi Folks, I am ramping up to buy a HTPC and run mediaportal :) - I am considering buying a Core2Duo Mobile (the Merom range)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is this CPU Enough? DE
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi catalyst drivers and mediaportal with silly crashes (using 7.2, 7.9 or 7.10) so have stuck in an Nvidia 6600GT and MP is running like a sweetheart now :)
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi...
Hi All, I am looking at putting together a dedicated HTPC to run MP and be used for streaming x264 from my main pc over LAN...
Replies
Views
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock air cooler and the processor temp never exceeds 35 degrees C. Consequently, the fan never run faster than about about 1700 RPM, which I find is quite acceptably low noise. As the BE2350 is a lower power...
In my HTPC, I am using an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz) overclocked to 2.5GHz. I am using the stock...
Hi there, I'm sick of struggling with my HTPC to make it quieter and cooler... My main problem resides on the CPU: a P4 3.0...
Replies
Views
LDLC seems to sell it (http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00056785.html) in France, Belgium and Switzerland for 100 euro (and in Switzerland even 85 euro)! Though that's probably ex tax, my french is not that good...
LDLC seems to sell it (http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00056785.html) in France, Belgium and Switzerland for 100 euro (and in...
Hi all, I want to build a dedicated HTPC system, and I would like your comments on which CPU to go for. AMD Sempron 3200+...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU Choice DE
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500 are working. Whit one tuner on it works good. (A lot better then my two MCE2005 systems both have a PVR500). At the moment i have already a server in my network (Have 2X Athlon 1600). so i want to...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
Replies
Views
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Not sure if this is in the right place or not.... Any thoughts on this mb/cpu combo? Phylon 7F2WE-1G2 Mini-ITX Mainboard...
Replies
Views
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter quality than Composite Video (Yellow Cinch) I'd go with S-Video or stay on DataLevel with VGA (RGBHV)
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter...
Hello, I'm in the process of building a 2U Media Server. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that supports...
Replies
Views
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For audio it uses an S/PDIF connection. I'm sure that there are others out there that will be similar
Asus M2A-VM (HDMI) has a module that will output HD video and audio. For composite it uses an svideo to composite adapter. For...
I currently have a HTPC up and running for about a year now, but its build from old parts and feeling its age. I'm looking to...
Replies
Views
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU like that you will need something with hardware encoding like a PVR-150. I started out like you with an older P4 2.4GHz machine. I knew I needed to spend the money on the encoder card($90). But once I...
What are you going to do for input? You'll need an encoder card to pull in at least one video signal. And with a lower end CPU...
I'm trying to build a media center with the old computer parts that I have, but I still need a decent CPU, and I don't know if my...
Replies
Views
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues. The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting...
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no...
Albatron KI960-AM2
Replies
Views
There is a multithreaded version of the xvid codec around, which uses all 4 cores on my Q6600 as does rmvb encoding.
There is a multithreaded version of the xvid codec around, which uses all 4 cores on my Q6600 as does rmvb encoding.
As the title says - dual core, or a faster single core? i.e. is MP or the any of the common codecs multithreaded, do they take...
Replies
Views
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock. <http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml> and speedfan <http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php> On idle the cpu bumbles along at 1.2MHz and the CPU fan is reduced to something inaudible. Works for me. YMMV :) BigJ.
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock...
can anyone recommend a good motherboard and processor combo that will provide a smooth and QUIET running HTPC? not too bothered...
Replies
Views
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the graphics on my HTPC. :D Currently running the onboard graphics of my MS-7093 motherboard. I've got my eye on a passive GeForce 7600 GS. Seems to tick all the boxes... until I looked at the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the ATI200 northbridge. My only complaints were that I had to up the voltage on memory to get it to be stable, and there is no hadware DXVA support so CPU is about 20%when decoding TV/DVD.
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the...
Hi there, I've been working on a htpc with MP since christmas... So far I have - an Antex Fusion cabinet - wich supports...
Replies
Views
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics card. To me it does sound like a graphical issue, because if the mobo was at fault, it prolly wouldn't start up into windows. Trial and error my friend :)
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics...
Hi Everyone, Busting my cherry with this one. I just got home from holsto discover a problem with my dedicated HTPC and i'm...
Replies
Views
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :-)
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors...
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics? I...
Replies
Views
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things have limited R/W times, so R/Wing ita few thousands times per day probably means they just have a few months to live. As I said before USB sticks are terribly slow. As I haven't said before (be I thought...
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things...
I'm considering upgrading my system (see specs on left side) from 512MB to 1GB, while there stillis DDR(1) on the marked (even if...
Replies
Views
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard Definition). At the moment the studios have backed away from ICT because of the number of people, especially in the US that have non-HDCP HiDef TVs.
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard...
I am about to start my second HTPC project, and was almost complete with chosing witch parts to use. The original conf. where a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom