Mainboards / CPU / RAM (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter quality than Composite Video (Yellow Cinch) I'd go with S-Video or stay on DataLevel with VGA (RGBHV)
RGsB -> Sync On Green YUV / YPbPr -> Component or use S-video ->Y-C All of the above can be connected to Scart and are beter...
Hello, I'm in the process of building a 2U Media Server. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that supports...
Replies
Views
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock also bios have problem to program the OC frequency and voltage after resume please don't use standby while OC it might cause problem Best regards BIOSTAR Support"
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock...
I've got a Biostar TA790GXBE with an Athlon II X4 630, which works fine at stock settings and indeed overclocks very nicely up to...
Replies
Views
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the ATI200 northbridge. My only complaints were that I had to up the voltage on memory to get it to be stable, and there is no hadware DXVA support so CPU is about 20%when decoding TV/DVD.
I've had pretty good success with a DFI RS482 Infinity motherboard. It has pretty much everything onboard, but it also uses the...
Hi there, I've been working on a htpc with MP since christmas... So far I have - an Antex Fusion cabinet - wich supports...
Replies
Views
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU (T1300) and it was completely noiseless. The disadvantage is that you can use only HDMI displays. CRT is not supported, because it doesn't have S- or composite video out and a VGA to SCART is also...
Check this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/380 I had one. It has it's own cooler. I used it with a Core Solo mobile CPU...
Hi Folks, I am ramping up to buy a HTPC and run mediaportal :) - I am considering buying a Core2Duo Mobile (the Merom range)...
Replies
Views
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+ TV MSI TV@everywhere E-Duo DVB-T PCI Since I'm using the machine also to store and backup all kind of data, I'm running MS WHS. It's not officially supported by MP, but there's a lot of threads in the...
AW: tv server only:mobo/OS that sleeps properly I'm using a 3 year old system as a server, runs fine: Asus M2A-VM Athlon 3800+...
built a MP1.0.0 rig 1.5 years ago, its been stable ever since. . I've never upgraded my MP build (never needed to - is this some...
Replies
Views
dm15644
D
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Hi all, I would like to build a new Tv Server for my MultiSeat Mediaportal configuration (1 Client). This new Tv-Server should be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Motherboard/processor combo... (1 Viewer) DE
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock. <http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml> and speedfan <http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php> On idle the cpu bumbles along at 1.2MHz and the CPU fan is reduced to something inaudible. Works for me. YMMV :) BigJ.
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock...
can anyone recommend a good motherboard and processor combo that will provide a smooth and QUIET running HTPC? not too bothered...
Replies
Views
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for MediaPortal use (with reserves) but I am afraid to tell you that the integrated video-adapter is not so you would have to buy a sepparate one. I am using a T5600 CPU by the way, which is the fastest of the 34...
Hello BarrieSmith, I am using a mini-ITX board utilizing a similar chipset. The mainboard itself basically is sufficient for...
I'm now putting together the spec for my MP based setuop box. Although, I estimate most things, what I'm not currently sure about...
Replies
Views
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it fixed my blinking light on my motherboard. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
An update on this, I just bought a new power supply and replaced the already new one that came in my htpc case. Glad to say that it...
Hello, So I just got the final pieces for my htpc, after all the planning and pre-configuring, after all the painstaking hours...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Little CPU dilemma DE
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm motherboard. the athlon produces less heat than the c2d and which is more important produces less heat when there is no stress on the cpu. the same goes for amd motherboards. the onbaord graphics card...
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm...
Hello, I am building my first HTPC based on many recommendations, and for a mainboard I chose the Abit F-I90HD with socket 775...
Replies
Views
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not sure for how long ... cross the fingers pls :D
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not...
salü 2 all ... got a problem with an asus at3n7a-i... Hardware is: asus at3n7a-i (mITX ION board) 2 x 1024 MB ram 2.5"...
Replies
Views
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it in there. also the board put out less than 5v so you wont be able to power usb powered devices like a HD.
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it...
I have recently rebuilt my HTPC with an Intel DG45ID but have been disappointed with a number of issues (constant unwanted WOL...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum &bull; View topic - FloppyDTV S2 - Red LED Blinking by TurnOn/Standby awakening Good luck, I guess this is the solution. Regards, Wijnand
Hi, Ive read about this on the forum of Digital everywhere; FireDTV / FloppyDTV user's forum &bull; View topic - FloppyDTV S2...
I now have an Asus m2a-vm-hdmi motherboard but I have problems with the firewire controller (needed for the FloppyDTV tuners) and...
Replies
Views
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical. Both on the same time is not possible. The other points, I don't know.
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical...
Hi, i want to put my ati video card and my usb/firewire card otside of my htpc. i the same procedure i replace the main system...
Replies
Views
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials used to create this board, everyone says the same to stay away from thisone.
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials...
hello I've been looking around for a suitable motherboards to build my HTPC, anyone has any experience with this XFX 9300...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Ion 330 DE
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Barebones and commercial HTPC's - MediaPortal Forum
Noob question. I've seen references to Ion 330 motherboards in various posts and signatures. Has anybody a good working setup...
Replies
Views
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics card. To me it does sound like a graphical issue, because if the mobo was at fault, it prolly wouldn't start up into windows. Trial and error my friend :)
The best thing to do is try putting in another graphics card, if the problem continues then its the mobo, if not its the graphics...
Hi Everyone, Busting my cherry with this one. I just got home from holsto discover a problem with my dedicated HTPC and i'm...
Replies
Views
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can select a Performance/Power Saving Preference. Setting this to Power Saving Level 4 could perhaps help to avoid your spiking problem. Current official version of RMClock is 2.05. In the Forum you will find...
Try using RMClock. There are different profiles used by the program. Performance on Demand is Cool 'n' Quiet. Then you can...
I saw 0.2RC4 spiking.. at least when recording a movie. When I tried to setup CrystalCPU to benefit from Cool and Quite I have...
Replies
Views
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios battery. Unfortunately it didn't help. But the straight dope was that you can't exclude that the bios chip is defect. I ordered a new one from ebay with the lastet bios version to try it out and installed it and...
Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios...
My problem: It seems that my motherboard gave up the ghost. Since a while I had a problem that my htpc was shutting down itself or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help me to pick cpu DE
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz with just a little tweaking & had it as 3.1ghz with no voltage adjustments at all. Your mileage may vary but this may be a good path to follow before you lay out the $$$ for the other cpu's you mentioned...
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz...
right now i am using e4300 . i want to upgrade the cpu . e8xxx or q6600? motherboard: abit ip35-e memory: Gskill 2 GB right now...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above": M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890GX I'll be honest, I have had problems wih the M4A89GTD, I think the BIOS is a little flacky (I'm running the latest release). Sometimes it just rebooted itself, other times on BIOS...
Hi there, I can't comment on that specific board, I have used "previous" models, and my test rig runs the model "above"...
Hi all, I want to build an new HTPC to get HDTV. Does anybody know this mainboard: Asus M4A88TD-M EVO Which CPU sould I...
Replies
Views
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
Check this out. All your questions answered: Guide to Building a HD HTPC - Page 472 - AVS Forum
I've been an AMD guy for about 15 years and I've been happy enough with their stuff, but in doing some research it seems to me that...
Replies
Views
joostzilla
J
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
Looks to me it has 7.1 output on the HDMI, would this allow for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD?
stumbled upon the new amd 785g chipset... a worthy successor to the 780g? also found an interesting mainboard, the foxconn...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU choice DE
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet functions. My rec.: Budget: Sempron w/CnQ (s754) Main: AMD64 3000+/3200+ (s939) perf. on a nForce 430 mobo (w/6150GFX) To much money: PentiumM My main rec. in bold text.
Remember that Intel CPU in general uses more power than AMD (hence develpo more heat -> more noise), and that AMD has Cool 'n Quiet...
well I am currently running media portal on a AMD sempron 2400 (pretty old). I am only using it for eveything but live tv so...
Replies
Views
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Did you try RMclock? Runs fine on my Mediaportal client Vistax64 setup (with AMD processor)
Hello, i want build up an smal fanless HTPC. I use an very smal mini PC with Intel 945GM Chip and a Intel T5200 Core 2 Duo...
Replies
Views
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Not sure if this is in the right place or not.... Any thoughts on this mb/cpu combo? Phylon 7F2WE-1G2 Mini-ITX Mainboard...
Replies
Views
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want to wait for some further comments relating to this.
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want...
Hi everyone, I'm new in your community :) I used the search function but I didn't find anything about this AMD fusion motherboard...
Replies
Views
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a 1TB HDD and dual tv tuner, but apart from that, it'll be a complete new build. I've been thinking the antec fusion w/remote case, so now I'm just trying to work out a suitable mATX mobo that doesnt have...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4) compared to xp on same pc (dualboot), anyway was doing a bit of research into graphics card temperatures and downloaded the nvidia system tools package, this gives you a updater for all nvidia based products...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom