Mainboards / CPU / RAM (7 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
Hello, Anyone using an Atom D525 with NM10 (GMA 3150) rig for Media Portal? Is it able to playback 1080p materials stutter...
Replies
Views
Yeah that s a good point :D
Yeah that s a good point :D
Hi everyone, I am soon gonna build a new HTPC. I have been getting infos on the web for quite sometimes now. Until now there was...
Replies
Views
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait for the AT5IONT-I... completely passive, usb3 with wireless controller...) or ASROCK 880GMH/USB3 (with amd 610e ... only 45w) which of them work well with mp?
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus Z97-WS DE
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you can clearly see that only the main two PCIe slots have 16 lines connected, the other two have only 8. To change the language of AI Suite 3 in case the installer did not set it up properly you'll need to...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Replies
Views
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics card Asus gtx 690 Ram Corsair 16gb DDR 3 dual 3 Ssd Samsung 256gb, raid Case I would like to find a extended atx HTPC case. Cooling Liquid cooling from frozencpu.com
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
Replies
Views
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it in there. also the board put out less than 5v so you wont be able to power usb powered devices like a HD.
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it...
I have recently rebuilt my HTPC with an Intel DG45ID but have been disappointed with a number of issues (constant unwanted WOL...
Replies
Views
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Yes, if it's just doing normal TV server recording/timeshifting/streaming to an MP client with no transcoding.
Hi all, I would like to build a new Tv Server for my MultiSeat Mediaportal configuration (1 Client). This new Tv-Server should be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I What I am trying to setup is a HTPC using this type of motherboard (mainly because its silent and not too power hungry). I intend to use the Hauppauge 'HVR-2250 Dual-tuner TV PCI-E' as my DVBT capture...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Replies
Views
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not sure for how long ... cross the fingers pls :D
AW: asus at3n7a-i Problem - PLZ help ! öhm ... i flashed the BIOS again (same BIOS) now the problem is gone ... :-? i am not...
salü 2 all ... got a problem with an asus at3n7a-i... Hardware is: asus at3n7a-i (mITX ION board) 2 x 1024 MB ram 2.5"...
Replies
Views
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX Mini ITX Motherboard - $179 Samsung 120GB 750 EVO SATA SSD - $69 Antec ISK 110 VESA Case $105 Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600SO-DIMM Laptop Memory $55 Shipping/Other Costs $55.94 Build Notes/Thoughts...
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX...
I am looking for new MP Client as my existing Client starting from way back with MP version 0.9 has finally powered off for the...
Replies
Views
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every minute or so when the screen resolution is set to UHD. The decoding isn't the issue for 2 reasons. Firstly, the CPU isn't being taxed and secondly, when outputted to 1080P display, there is no stutter...
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every...
Hi, Been waiting for 4k@60Hz capable micro or mini ITX MB for a long time now. Looks like ASRock has the monopoly on this for...
Replies
Views
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials used to create this board, everyone says the same to stay away from thisone.
Already found some user reviews on this board that stated some problems with it concerning cooling, board layout and and materials...
hello I've been looking around for a suitable motherboards to build my HTPC, anyone has any experience with this XFX 9300...
Replies
Views
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues. The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting...
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board. Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no...
Albatron KI960-AM2
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333 MediaPortal 1.7RC + USB DVB-T + MDAPI plus. Installing SAF 6.2.3 and optimized hardware decoding. Play 1080p video ~36% CPU with VLC; ~50% CPU with WMC Play 720p video ~17% CPU with VLC; ~25% CPU with WMC Run...
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333...
Hi! I was planing to build my HTPC based on AMD e-350. And have some questions. HTPC Hardware: MB - ASROCK E350M1 RAM - 4Gb HTPC...
Replies
Views
Erm - you might want to read the post date for the last post - You just resurrected an oldie :D I would guess that the OP bought a new card in the intervening 9 months... lol
Erm - you might want to read the post date for the last post - You just resurrected an oldie :D I would guess that the OP bought a...
I have finally decided to upgrade my HTPC, but I do not know which way to go regarding onboard graphic or not. Option 1: Buy a...
Replies
Views
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things have limited R/W times, so R/Wing ita few thousands times per day probably means they just have a few months to live. As I said before USB sticks are terribly slow. As I haven't said before (be I thought...
As I said before, most probably Vista uses a different method. Something like a Level 2 page file. As I said before, these things...
I'm considering upgrading my system (see specs on left side) from 512MB to 1GB, while there stillis DDR(1) on the marked (even if...
Replies
Views
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel Core i3 2105 3,1GHz to start with and then, if I'm not happy with integrated graphics, add: Asus GeForce ENGT440 DC Silent/DI/1GD3 Main question: 1. What do you think about that choice? And few more...
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel...
Short story: I’m looking for a good MB (micro ATX or smaller), preferably with on-board graphics, potentially with additional...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom