Mainboards / CPU / RAM (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with absolutely no problems....
AW: Re: I need a new small but capable client setup? definately! I am running MP on a eeeBox1501 (see specs below) with...
I'm moving to a bigger place in a few weeks and want to replace my current single seat m-atx setup to a multi seat one. What I'm...
Replies
Views
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :-)
Have you heard any news? I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching. Gonna look at projectors...
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics? I...
Replies
Views
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical. Both on the same time is not possible. The other points, I don't know.
Hi You should read the manual ... On my GA-MA78GM-DS2H it works fine. But you have to switch the output-device. HDMI ORE Optical...
Hi, i want to put my ati video card and my usb/firewire card otside of my htpc. i the same procedure i replace the main system...
Replies
Views
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it in there. also the board put out less than 5v so you wont be able to power usb powered devices like a HD.
i have the same board.. the intel g45 chipset sucks for video.. no overscan support, i ended up getting an ATi card and slapping it...
I have recently rebuilt my HTPC with an Intel DG45ID but have been disappointed with a number of issues (constant unwanted WOL...
Replies
Views
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a 1TB HDD and dual tv tuner, but apart from that, it'll be a complete new build. I've been thinking the antec fusion w/remote case, so now I'm just trying to work out a suitable mATX mobo that doesnt have...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
I'm going to be retiring the htpc for a study pc, as the existing study pc is nearly dead. So i'll be re-using the gt220, and a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU Choice DE
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500 are working. Whit one tuner on it works good. (A lot better then my two MCE2005 systems both have a PVR500). At the moment i have already a server in my network (Have 2X Athlon 1600). so i want to...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
For the last 3 weeks i am trying the MP Server. Test System is a Intel 700Mhz and is having problems when both tuners on de PVR500...
Replies
Views
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics card Asus gtx 690 Ram Corsair 16gb DDR 3 dual 3 Ssd Samsung 256gb, raid Case I would like to find a extended atx HTPC case. Cooling Liquid cooling from frozencpu.com
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
Replies
Views
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Anyone know anything about this board, company.... Thanks
Not sure if this is in the right place or not.... Any thoughts on this mb/cpu combo? Phylon 7F2WE-1G2 Mini-ITX Mainboard...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 help me to pick cpu DE
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz with just a little tweaking & had it as 3.1ghz with no voltage adjustments at all. Your mileage may vary but this may be a good path to follow before you lay out the $$$ for the other cpu's you mentioned...
Just a suggestion but for $0 you could overclock your E4300 & get a big performance improvement. I have an E4300 clocked to 3.4ghz...
right now i am using e4300 . i want to upgrade the cpu . e8xxx or q6600? motherboard: abit ip35-e memory: Gskill 2 GB right now...
Replies
Views
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the graphics on my HTPC. :D Currently running the onboard graphics of my MS-7093 motherboard. I've got my eye on a passive GeForce 7600 GS. Seems to tick all the boxes... until I looked at the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
I'm hopefully soon to upgrade my TV. Gonna go for a 32" LCD with HDMI input. Which seems to me to be a good excuse to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4) compared to xp on same pc (dualboot), anyway was doing a bit of research into graphics card temperatures and downloaded the nvidia system tools package, this gives you a updater for all nvidia based products...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Hi All Have been running Vista for a year now and have always been unhappy with the transfer speed between hard disks (have 4)...
Replies
Views
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but can't get it to bring the laptop out of standby. The option is grayed out in power management. The only options I have are wake on lan, touchpad, or keyboard. The phoenix bios has no option for "wake on...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
I've got a Compaq V5000 with busted hinges that I figured I'd rehabilitate into a media device. I've got a USB IR receiver but...
Replies
Views
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock. <http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml> and speedfan <http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php> On idle the cpu bumbles along at 1.2MHz and the CPU fan is reduced to something inaudible. Works for me. YMMV :) BigJ.
I'm using ABIT NF8 (nForce3) with AMD Sempron 3100 The cool'n'quiet is useful. I use rmclock...
can anyone recommend a good motherboard and processor combo that will provide a smooth and QUIET running HTPC? not too bothered...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Little CPU dilemma DE
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm motherboard. the athlon produces less heat than the c2d and which is more important produces less heat when there is no stress on the cpu. the same goes for amd motherboards. the onbaord graphics card...
if you want to keep things silent then you should consider an amd system based on a n athlon x2-be (45w tdp) and an asus m2a-vm...
Hello, I am building my first HTPC based on many recommendations, and for a mainboard I chose the Abit F-I90HD with socket 775...
Replies
Views
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the cable+tv on my girlfriends 7900 GT where it worked like a charm. Best regards Martin
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Hi Anybody succesfully have dvi to hdmi on this mainboard? The only thing I get is a black screen with no signal. Tried the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable of decoding h.264 for HDTV in 1080p without the Support of a Graphics Card, since the mini has an 950 Onboard Intel. If someone could help me abou that it would be great, thanks. Oh, I almost forgot...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Hi, I hope someone could help me about this Topic. I want to replace the CPU in my Intel Mac mini with a CPU which is capable...
Replies
Views
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm using s3g for video, everything works great in xp, but in win 7 or vista after 15 s of playing iptv, movie, hd, the sound and video decrease speed and shutters, computer works ok, no slowdown, cpu is at 50 - 60%
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom