Mainboards / CPU / RAM (14 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the few ATI cards I tried where once the display went to sleep the card wouldn't "wake" the display when you moved the mouse or accessed the remote. So everytime the display went to sleep I had to restart the...
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the...
I've got an extra 2.66G Core 2 Duo E7300 and am considering upgrading my MediaPortal box. What would be a decent motherboard...
Replies
Views
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works fine now! :thx:
Thanks people, but I solved the problem with a modded BIOS : Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe BIOS with updated SATA :D The harddisk works...
Hello, I use a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and tried to install an new Harddisk: Western-Digital 1TB (WD10EACS). With the...
Replies
Views
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard Definition). At the moment the studios have backed away from ICT because of the number of people, especially in the US that have non-HDCP HiDef TVs.
I think that only applies if the disk uses the Image Constraint Token, which down samples the picture to 480i (or Standard...
I am about to start my second HTPC project, and was almost complete with chosing witch parts to use. The original conf. where a...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, after installing the latest catalyst drivers the problem has been solved! Thanks! :)
Hey guys, yesterday I finally got my hardware and after installing Windows 8 and setting it up I noticed the missing audio output...
Replies
Views
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX Mini ITX Motherboard - $179 Samsung 120GB 750 EVO SATA SSD - $69 Antec ISK 110 VESA Case $105 Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600SO-DIMM Laptop Memory $55 Shipping/Other Costs $55.94 Build Notes/Thoughts...
Finally getting around to write the review… Hardware purchased to a total price of $461.94 (Breakdown below) ASROCK J3710 – ITX...
I am looking for new MP Client as my existing Client starting from way back with MP version 0.9 has finally powered off for the...
Replies
Views
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you either get an error message on startup, or no errors at all if you have driver problems with USB devices, and those error messages are totally different. I am starting to fear a hardware malfunction in the...
No, I haven't tried the updated SilverStone drivers yet (I found them yesterday). But the weird thing is indeed, normally you...
Hi all, I just bought the hardware for my HTPC, among them a SilverStone LC16 case and a Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H motherboard. I...
Replies
Views
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder meant I only wound up with the new PSU yesterday (Seasonic 360W G Series 80 plus gold). Absolutely zero issues with the Intel onboard. I didn't even reinstall windows/media portal, just had to reactivate the...
I have already haha. I actually setup the mobo and CPU to suddenly find the PSU was the problem all along. Easter and a misorder...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intels-haswell-an-htpc-perspective Lots of improvements in the new Haswell CPU, especially for...
Replies
Views
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
Every Watt Counts: AMD E-350 vs. Intel Core i3-2100T - X-bit labs Inspired by this article I exchanged my old Core2Duo setup...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Asus Z97-WS DE
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you can clearly see that only the main two PCIe slots have 16 lines connected, the other two have only 8. To change the language of AI Suite 3 in case the installer did not set it up properly you'll need to...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Here are some tips and information about Asus Z97-WS motherboard. Reviews: From pcper.com. Looking at the back of the card you...
Replies
Views
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become more readily available soon. The A10 seems to be a good performer, maybe overkill for a HTPC.
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become...
Hello everyone, So I am putting together a new TV Server and client running HD content. I have always used AMD processors...
Replies
Views
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every minute or so when the screen resolution is set to UHD. The decoding isn't the issue for 2 reasons. Firstly, the CPU isn't being taxed and secondly, when outputted to 1080P display, there is no stutter...
I have used ASRock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX. 8-bit HEVC decodes fine and plays fine but 10-bit HEVC results in a stutter every...
Hi, Been waiting for 4k@60Hz capable micro or mini ITX MB for a long time now. Looks like ASRock has the monopoly on this for...
Replies
Views
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
Have someone tried to use an ATOM 330 (dual core) cpu as a MP server, where it is only used as server? I want to make a server...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333 MediaPortal 1.7RC + USB DVB-T + MDAPI plus. Installing SAF 6.2.3 and optimized hardware decoding. Play 1080p video ~36% CPU with VLC; ~50% CPU with WMC Play 720p video ~17% CPU with VLC; ~25% CPU with WMC Run...
Hi all! I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64). CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333...
Hi! I was planing to build my HTPC based on AMD e-350. And have some questions. HTPC Hardware: MB - ASROCK E350M1 RAM - 4Gb HTPC...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RAM Question DE
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
Thanks receiverbox, good to know that there is a logical reason. It's not an issue really, as I'll just get a 4Gb strip instead
I have upgraded the RAM in one of my Zotac ZBox ID41 clients from 1 x 2Gb to 1 x 4Gb. All fine and working great. I then decided...
Replies
Views
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron J1800). I'd expect this to be the real competitor to Kabini, with a weaker GPU and stronger CPU, should be more than enough GPU for offloading 1080p though. Details...
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron...
Hi, I know there are numerous threads on the site, & the web about this. I can't locate specific information relative to my...
Replies
Views
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
Also Mp menus etc are fine.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/celeron/X10/X10SBA-L.cfm I just bought this puppy for around 150 eur in germany...
Replies
Views
For H264 and GPU decoding use PDVD8. FFDShow doesn't use GPU. For MPEG2 it's not very important, mpeg2 generally doesn't use much CPU power. However if you want to use GPU then you should choose CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8) from that list 780G might be a bit slow for 1080i HDTV, users with vista seem to report less...
For H264 and GPU decoding use PDVD8. FFDShow doesn't use GPU. For MPEG2 it's not very important, mpeg2 generally doesn't use...
I didn't do my research, I read some reviews and got some feedback that 780g based mobo was the best thing for a htpc solution...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom