MediaPortal 1 Talk (47 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
This is good to hear!!!! The more people that get exposed to MP the better. The Bigger following the better!
This is good to hear!!!! The more people that get exposed to MP the better. The Bigger following the better!
In one of the better computer magazines in sweden, Datormagazinet, Mediaportal has been tested with other systems. The verdict...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Great software!!!! DE
That is exactly right, I have one older PC running as a fileserver with virtual server i have a second PC running as an application PC/server with Windows XP. A Laptop with a brooken screen as my Domain Controler and Virtual Server that runs a WebServer on that one. The fileserver I turn of when I don't need it to save some money on...
That is exactly right, I have one older PC running as a fileserver with virtual server i have a second PC running as an application...
This software is just very GOOOOD!!!! Everything just works (after som tricky tinkering here and there of cource) and I'm very...
Replies
Views
some of the stuff you mentioned are configurable on Configure app. CoolHammer
some of the stuff you mentioned are configurable on Configure app. CoolHammer
I just starting to us media portal and I want to add some customization to it. Like, delete, add or rename some of the links on the...
Replies
Views
I'm just started using MP. Fantastic program by the way. But i'm using the browser plugin provided, but the browser only appears on my primairy display. On my tv (the secundairy display) I get een blank window of MP with the browser buttons at the top. Is there a way to get the browser to display on both displays, or the move...
I'm just started using MP. Fantastic program by the way. But i'm using the browser plugin provided, but the browser only appears...
I'm just started using MP. Fantastic program by the way. But i'm using the browser plugin provided, but the browser only appears...
Replies
Views
All made their points clear now, that's why there's not much left to say. - TOPIC CLOSED -
All made their points clear now, that's why there's not much left to say. - TOPIC CLOSED -
I'm using 0.1.3.0 because one of the issues that I found with 0.2 RC2 was that the timeshift buffer is deleted when you change...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal is the best mce software , the only and big trouble is which can't show the Asia words well,. so we hope the softe can do it best...... thanks
MediaPortal is the best mce software , the only and big trouble is which can't show the Asia words well,. so we hope the softe can...
MediaPortal is the best mce software , the only and big trouble is which can't show the Asia words well,. so we hope the softe can...
Replies
Views
AFAIK Skystar 2 Plus is also possible to use. I think Agree will be adding support for that card to MP.
AFAIK Skystar 2 Plus is also possible to use. I think Agree will be adding support for that card to MP.
Hi All, Is there somebody in Germany around that can give me the specs for setting up MP to show the Pro Sieben HDTV broadcasts...
Replies
Views
All is said, Smirnuff's shaved... *phew* So his g/f can kiss him again without getting a sore face. *cheer* That's why I'm closing this thread now. (And to avoid further "not so nice" posts.) :wink:
All is said, Smirnuff's shaved... *phew* So his g/f can kiss him again without getting a sore face. *cheer* That's why I'm...
I installed the media portal few times (different versions) and I am really disappointed. This software is full of bugs and I must...
Replies
Views
I'm using a modded Xbox running XBMC as a frontend for everything except PVR functionality currently. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm running an MCE extender on the Xbox as well to add only the PVR. It doesn't integrate very well (I use the remote to switch applications) but ok ... As soon as XBMC and MP intgrate nicely as a frontend...
I'm using a modded Xbox running XBMC as a frontend for everything except PVR functionality currently. I'm pretty happy with that...
Is it possible to start MediaPortal without my pending MCE recordings being terminated? I removed the tuners from the MedaPortal TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Audio DE
Being a software card, yes chances are there will be a special header that goes from the tv tuner to the soundcard. But also it will depend what version you are using of MP. The older versions, software card support wasnt great so it might just not work and thats as good as itll get. In the newer releases, software cards was...
Being a software card, yes chances are there will be a special header that goes from the tv tuner to the soundcard. But also it...
Ok I got the tv video to work. When I watch tv the sound works, but it doesn't record it. I'm guessing I need to come out of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Managing media DE
OK. Thanks for the input. Goes for Paranoid to. I´ll go by the old but yet so true rule to make things work flawlessly before introducing to the family and set MP up as a side system until I´ve got the hang of it. Plenty of ins and outs by the looks of it. THX NickNero
OK. Thanks for the input. Goes for Paranoid to. I´ll go by the old but yet so true rule to make things work flawlessly before...
Hi folks! Currently setting up a new system I´m considering swapping Pinnacle for MediaPortal. Getting my head around all the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ASUS tv-card? DE
Hi Khris This must be Country specific as living in the UK we have one of if not the best digital terrestial services available, which Hauppage HWcards do not support. Much rather have 2 DVB-T cards any day No critisism just a fact that it really does MATTER where you live as to what TV service you get, and after seeing FREESAT...
Hi Khris This must be Country specific as living in the UK we have one of if not the best digital terrestial services available...
Mediaportal doesn't seem to find my tv-card(ASUS TV-FM 7133). I've installed the drivers and it works perfect in InterVideo Home...
Replies
Views
Need a talk with the team abut this.. My company gone start to produse High End HTPC and I want to run on MP.. I think the donation or how we solv this is around 20-50 $ per system.. It´s need some developing to make this stable .. The system gone be based on a very stricted component list.. ex.. Soundcard Terratec Phase 22...
Need a talk with the team abut this.. My company gone start to produse High End HTPC and I want to run on MP.. I think the...
Need a talk with the team abut this.. My company gone start to produse High End HTPC and I want to run on MP.. I think the...
Replies
Views
Sorry about that last post. Everything else worked so flawlessly in Media portal, and now the TV part is becoming a huge pain. It just gets so frustrating. My system specs are: Windows XP pro 1.1 GHZ Athlon 256 RAM Pixelview 878TV I see now that my video card isn't on the supported list. that's maybe the problem. :(
Sorry about that last post. Everything else worked so flawlessly in Media portal, and now the TV part is becoming a huge pain. It...
I'm trying to use the auto tune feature for the tv but it only tunes in to one channel, and then it just stays on that channel...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for your kind reply, I didn't know about the 3 team split and so on. Actually I'm your average user, who doesn't have enough time to get involved but who loves the program and tries to make it better with his limited time (i try to report and/or confirm bugs when I can). So from an average user, here are some...
Thanks a lot for your kind reply, I didn't know about the 3 team split and so on. Actually I'm your average user, who doesn't...
Hi all, I have a general question to the mods: I am currently having a couple of major errors with the CVS'ses of the last...
Replies
Views
You might want to go to the barbaric way. Open the remote (remove some screws etc) and use a bit of sticky tape to disable the contact for the kill button.
You might want to go to the barbaric way. Open the remote (remove some screws etc) and use a bit of sticky tape to disable the...
Hi guys. I'm the first to admit I'm no computer "boffin". I am however keen to develop a reliable pc-based media centre. My...
Replies
Views
Keyboard and remote cost £77 including postage of ebay if you spot a bargain go for it. but look around FIRST. Ray 8)
Keyboard and remote cost £77 including postage of ebay if you spot a bargain go for it. but look around FIRST. Ray 8)
I'm looking at buying a new remote after hearing that the MCE remotes have a far better weitght and feel to the Hauppauge ones...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tv from the web DE
Hi, is it real-time streaming you're interested in or just cached/archived programs. take a look at this thread: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11730 greets Vulture
Hi, is it real-time streaming you're interested in or just cached/archived programs. take a look at this thread...
Hi, Is it possible within mediaportal to tune in to european television channels that are distributed from some internet...
Replies
Views
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9337&highlight=
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9337&highlight=
have start looking at bulding a core for this.. What u say about a sytem start on 3-4 seconds.. System under 50mb Speed u never...
Replies
Views
This is the best sign of a good piece of software! I flat with 5 others, who aren't that bad with computers, if not a little intolerant of the slightest piece of effort involved over normal TV (every one of them groaned when I explained that you not only had to turn the physical TV monitor on, but also hit 'TV On' in MP), and even...
This is the best sign of a good piece of software! I flat with 5 others, who aren't that bad with computers, if not a little...
Hi Developers :) Just wanted to say you guys are doing a kick-arse job :) I am running pretty current CVS build and the...
Replies
Views
I'll do the same as Callifo. Record some TS with external program, and see how it goes.
I'll do the same as Callifo. Record some TS with external program, and see how it goes.
I am the maintainer of Comskip. What formats does mediaportal record in?
Replies
Views
Look at my signature or the MSN button
Look at my signature or the MSN button
Hello, I was wondering if I can sell htpc`s with mediaportal. I wil make a small donation every time I sell. maby,, 100kr or...
Replies
Views
It's available on this site, in Downloads:Others https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,select/id,22/
It's available on this site, in Downloads:Others...
Hi, I've found an article at the MCE Portal about Extenders for the MCE...
Replies
Views
Superb! That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have exposed the power saving calls to user level apps. Kudos. So from the earlier reply I'm assuming I also can't configure my remote in MediaPortal to spawn external processes. I did notice something along...
Superb! That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have...
Is it possible to configure my hauppauge remote control to place the monitor in standby mode, turn the TV reception off, and take...
Replies
Views
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and programable recording etc functionality). Ive been a long time user of Frodos previously excellent work in Xbox MediaCentre and have always been extremely impressed with the functionality and stability of that...
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stop using MP DE
Please, guys. There are already other threads on this. Please don't start it over and over again. I'd suggest the following: Stop complaining and either wait a bit what will come or, if you can't wait, get back to an older version or get a new card. No promise for whatever, last words are just not said on that topic. So please keep...
Please, guys. There are already other threads on this. Please don't start it over and over again. I'd suggest the following: Stop...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some clips somewhere or tell me where I can find some. thanks stax http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some...
Hi, I don't have such clips but would like to support these formats in my application StaxRip. Maybe somebody can upload some...
Replies
Views
HI Khris, It is good to see that the bruises have healed from the last battle and your back into the fight :D Post any relpies that you get, they will make intresting reading Cheers Jamie
HI Khris, It is good to see that the bruises have healed from the last battle and your back into the fight :D Post any relpies...
Have a look here...
Replies
Views
Uitzending gemist streams do not seem to work I've tried this with Uitzending gemist and the asf streams play nicely in WMP but MP refuses to play them and logs this: PlaylistPlayer.Play unable to play:http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/tv/nos/journaal/bb.laatste.asf Any idea why?
Uitzending gemist streams do not seem to work I've tried this with Uitzending gemist and the asf streams play nicely in WMP but MP...
Hello, This is my first post, but I've been using Mediaportal for a while now. I'm working on a small program to automatically...
Replies
Views
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you record your tv. If you set the limit to 70%, it will never use more than 70 GB for tv recordings. If you set it to 100%, it will use whatever space is left on the disk. Reasons for limiting disk space...
I suspect you can tell MediaPortal how much disk space it's ok to use for recorded tv. Let's say you have a 100 GB disk where you...
Hi, can anybody please explain what the feature "limit diskspace used for recordings" in the setup is used for. When I set it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom