MediaPortal 1 Talk (53 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Thanks for the folder.jpg trick! Unfortunately, you cannot find all DVDs in the moview database. Simply somefimes they are not classified as movies. Walt Disney Mickey, Donald and Goofy collections, Pink Panter and Popeye cartoons are an example. I loaded my Walt Disneys to hard disk and looking for the way to show the cover album...
Thanks for the folder.jpg trick! Unfortunately, you cannot find all DVDs in the moview database. Simply somefimes they are not...
Hopefully got the right forum. How does Media Portal react to playing DVD's from the HDD. I have spent a large amount of time...
Replies
Views
yeah strange , i have wmp10 as well , my screen resolution is 1600x1200, and i run the vis in WMP at 1024 and it looks way nicer. even tried 800x600 and it looks pretty good then i go into MP and the vis is grainy , almost like its not 3D accelerated or something
yeah strange , i have wmp10 as well , my screen resolution is 1600x1200, and i run the vis in WMP at 1024 and it looks way nicer...
Anyone else think that the resolution on the vis part of my music is out or something, like it looks fine in windows media player...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 "Movies" or "Videos"? (2 Viewers) DE
Videos is more appropriate. I watch a lot of things besides film from my "My Videos" thing on MP.
Videos is more appropriate. I watch a lot of things besides film from my "My Videos" thing on MP.
Not really a major bug, but I thought I'd better mention it anyway... MP Setup uses the term "Movies" (Movie folder, Movie...
Replies
Views
OK I checked. Everything is above but the DVD's codec settings are: Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder Video Codec: DScaler MPEG2 Video Decoder DVD Navigator: DVD Navigator (only option) Using VMR9 Renderless as well using the internal player. I'm using the Hauppauge 45...
OK I checked. Everything is above but the DVD's codec settings are: Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device Audio Codec...
Hi, Using the Hauppauge remote. Playing DVDs in mediaportal. When on the menus the up and down moves the active selection on the...
Replies
Views
Please use the support template. Otherwise it is impossible to help you.
Please use the support template. Otherwise it is impossible to help you.
Hi Folkz! Just got little props with MP, thougt anyone here could help out where to seek the error :) 1) I have an 5.1 DD...
Replies
Views
Hi, If I understand you correct, you mean nothing happens when you click on the "Web Browser" in the home screen, right? Did you download and install the Mozilla ActiveX control? You can download the latest from here. If you still can't get it to work, then: start MP, try to enter the web browser, close MP and then post your...
Hi, If I understand you correct, you mean nothing happens when you click on the "Web Browser" in the home screen, right? Did you...
Hi to all, I have installed Media Portal software in my computer, and I have a little problem with the Web Navigator. I am...
Replies
Views
Yep RC2 definately changes channel faster noticed big difference (you know went for cigarette and a cup of tea whilst it decided to change channel(whilst timeshifting) now im would say 3-4 second lag which is impressive. goes to show all the hard work that went on behind the scenes to get RC2 right THANKS TO ALL FOR THE EFFORT MUCH...
Yep RC2 definately changes channel faster noticed big difference (you know went for cigarette and a cup of tea whilst it decided to...
I just wonder if someone noticed that it's faster to change channels (TV) with RC2? I live in sweden and have noticed that it's...
Replies
Views
What size TV are you using? SD TV sets are designed to use 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. HD would be much higher. Having higher resolutions shouldnt effect performace much (if any).
What size TV are you using? SD TV sets are designed to use 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. HD would be much higher. Having...
Hi, I'm currently running mediaportal/windows at 800x600 which shows up on my TV correctly. However looking at mediaportal log...
Replies
Views
Thanks, but as you said there is not metadata there containing the show information. Its kept in the SQLite db. But what I want to know is how does the DVR-MS file link the DB entry to get the description in MP?? Can somebody tell me what the number is after 'p' ? example = Boomerang_Captain_Caveman_200604131332p4329.dvr-ms...
Thanks, but as you said there is not metadata there containing the show information. Its kept in the SQLite db. But what I want...
Does MP save any metadata to its recorded DVR-MS files - like show name, channel, etc? There is one particular tool that...
Replies
Views
this shoud fix your sound Problem this shoud fix your sound Problem go to setup -> TV Channels -> edit ORF -> DVB-S -> AC3 Pin=0 -> save you should have ORF with sound now. :)
this shoud fix your sound Problem this shoud fix your sound Problem go to setup -> TV Channels -> edit ORF -> DVB-S -> AC3...
Hello! A big Thank You! to the developers. Viewing Premiere Austria/Germany and ORF works like a charm! My config...
Replies
Views
Thanks gang... it really is a great lot of work you guys do, and generally get nothing but complaints and people crying for MORE MORE!!! Nice to have a post where its just thank you's!
Thanks gang... it really is a great lot of work you guys do, and generally get nothing but complaints and people crying for MORE...
as the subject says, I hope you will all join in me saying thankyou to everyone involved in developing MP. For me it replaced my...
Replies
Views
Hi, would you upload the driver once more?
Hi, would you upload the driver once more?
Hi, I am running the latest mediaportal on my laptop running windows 2000 pro. I would like to know if i can get the mce remote...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pre MP preparation DE
Thanks Callifo, Surely PAL would create massive files? How do you guys achieve storage of this? I was looking at a 1Tb NAS device from Buffalo. Is this suitable for use with MP? Does it "stream" fast enough over a wired/wireless connection using PAL/640x480 settings?
Thanks Callifo, Surely PAL would create massive files? How do you guys achieve storage of this? I was looking at a 1Tb NAS...
Hi all, Have already promised myself as a future user and hopefully a developer/tester. My Panasonic DMRE050 DVD Recorder is...
Replies
Views
Sorry if i am asking stupid questions but where is "hardware support"? and thanks for replying and i meant tv tuner hardware card
Sorry if i am asking stupid questions but where is "hardware support"? and thanks for replying and i meant tv tuner hardware card
I have the Compro Videomate PVR/FM and media portal wont work. so please make it compatable.
Replies
Views
Hi, first off, let me say that out of all the programs that I have tired, mediaportal is the only program that can effectively record two or more shows back to back without any trouble. Kudos to the developers for a great all around functioning app. I have a question aout recording quality. I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 card and...
Hi, first off, let me say that out of all the programs that I have tired, mediaportal is the only program that can effectively...
Hi, first off, let me say that out of all the programs that I have tired, mediaportal is the only program that can effectively...
Replies
Views
I second that! Thanks for that very much! :) Regards Ralph
I second that! Thanks for that very much! :) Regards Ralph
Hello! I would like to say :!: "Thank you mpod!" :!: the new feature to name recordings is great! keep up the good...
Replies
Views
Sorta what I expected. However, it may easier to wait & see what the ReplayTV / Hauppauge 'Joint Venture' produces. I'm thinking that the RTV branded capture card would create the index file for use with legacy RTV hardware on the network (Networked ReplayTVs skip commercials automatically when streaming from other ReplayTVs on the...
Sorta what I expected. However, it may easier to wait & see what the ReplayTV / Hauppauge 'Joint Venture' produces. I'm thinking...
I searched the forums on this but 'commercial' gets lots of hits on unrelated items. Basically I'm wondering if anyone has coded...
Replies
Views
Now I've seen it all!!!! What kind of freak would even come up with seeling a free product on ebay!!!! I have an gallon jug of pure air I'll sell someone! Come on!!!!!
Now I've seen it all!!!! What kind of freak would even come up with seeling a free product on ebay!!!! I have an gallon jug of...
An Austalian seller is trying to take advantage of the download server being down. They're selling mediaportal for $50+ on Ebay...
Replies
Views
XMLTV can be scheduled as far as I know, using windows scheduer. There are some threads around here about it I'm sure. As for the client server idea, its been discussed many times and is quite popular, unfortunately the main focus is on the next release of 0.2 stable. I believe the client server idea is going to be included in...
XMLTV can be scheduled as far as I know, using windows scheduer. There are some threads around here about it I'm sure. As for...
Before discovering Media Portal, I'd ran Mythtv and had some difficulties with drivers, and overflowing logs. Media Portal is...
Replies
Views
I'd lke to echo these sentiments! Many thanks to the devs and all contributors for your hard work, it is certainly enjoyed and appreciated. Deco.
I'd lke to echo these sentiments! Many thanks to the devs and all contributors for your hard work, it is certainly enjoyed and...
Merry christmas to the devs and to the whole community here and off course your families... Thanks a lot for all your hard work...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I also think this probably isn't a good idea. This would increase the workload for the devs. They are always sworking on the TV engine so there would be duplication to make sure the core system always has the same version for testing purposes. If people want to test MP, then why can't they simply use the latest release version...
I also think this probably isn't a good idea. This would increase the workload for the devs. They are always sworking on the TV...
Hi, I have a sugestion for creating a MP core system. A number of other users have hinted about this and I think it is a good idea...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. A it of Googling soon found it: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP
Thanks for that. A it of Googling soon found it: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP
Hi, I'm using the Windows Media Center remote with Media Portal and it works very will indeed. The problem I have is that I have...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
MP1 MP2 Removing "My (...)" DE
Well... still got "My" after using RC2. Also; there is a graphical bug - a white dot above the letter "g".
Well... still got "My" after using RC2. Also; there is a graphical bug - a white dot above the letter "g".
I think it would be much better just to call things what they are (like MCE does); Music, Movies etc. In english this is just to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Movies and IMDB! DE
Sure, but IMO that should not be necessary. I do believe that the IMDB implention should be somewhat "smarter".
Sure, but IMO that should not be necessary. I do believe that the IMDB implention should be somewhat "smarter".
Hi I love Team Mediaportal, but I do have some issues with the IMDB part of it. First of all, I connected my external disk to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live Streaming DE
I can get streaming to work perfect, however whever i do stream, it locks my GUI. I can try to move around using arrow buttons, etc.., & hear the little sound effect like its moving around, but just gets stuck on the radio stations screen. I eventually end up just killing MP. any ideas?
I can get streaming to work perfect, however whever i do stream, it locks my GUI. I can try to move around using arrow buttons...
I'd like to know if i can have somewhere on MP a shortcut to an asx file. Like this, here is a 24x7 live streaming...
Replies
Views
Good idea, although TV series, TV movies and documentaries are also shown on IMDb so perhaps every genre other than "News", etc. (I'm sure there are others) could be linked to it.
Good idea, although TV series, TV movies and documentaries are also shown on IMDb so perhaps every genre other than "News", etc...
Hi , I have been inspecting the MP source code for weeks and found that you are trying to integrate too much funcionalty inside the...
Replies
Views
It's really no big deal for me. I have no need/want to use any of the newer features of MP. I just use it to watch TV, DVD's and (don't tell the MPAA :lol: ) rent and rips from Blockbuster online. Web browsers and the like I really have no use for. Also, like I said, I think I tried just about everything to fix it. I didn't mean...
It's really no big deal for me. I have no need/want to use any of the newer features of MP. I just use it to watch TV, DVD's and...
I am unable to use any of the .2's (rc1 vanilla, CVS, rc2). MyTV just won't work for me. I have tried it all, codecs, overlay/VMR...
Replies
Views
hi sorry i got your reply just as i was posting. Shall reinstall and disable powerscheduler and hope i gte on better with it. however it still hibernates my laptop even if i close MP so surely it should stop the timer running.
hi sorry i got your reply just as i was posting. Shall reinstall and disable powerscheduler and hope i gte on better with it...
OK So i have been followings the CVS builds and normally update once a month untill recently i updated and suddenly my laptop...
Replies
Views
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. please it help me. The problem is that: Not record with formulation rec type: "Daily", MP that PVR Scheduler Record with formulation rec type: "Once" Version SW: MP...
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels...
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels...
Replies
Views
It's a feature that is planned for the future, however there's absolutely no implementation date as of yet.
It's a feature that is planned for the future, however there's absolutely no implementation date as of yet.
Hi, just wondering if it were possible to record and stream at the same time with mediaportal? or if it will ever be supported...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom