MediaPortal 1 Talk (56 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
  • Poll
why port, try hacking to work... I've kicked around the idea of using the mono project, and maybe somewine, to make mediaportal run under linux. One of my pet peves with mediaportal is the player, which has to rely on the filesystem for .iso support.(daemon tools)... a real player(video lan client/mplayer/xine) just works with...
why port, try hacking to work... I've kicked around the idea of using the mono project, and maybe somewine, to make mediaportal...
Hi everyone, I guess I'm new here since this is my first post. :-) But anyway... I've read that this software can be ported to...
Replies
Views
It's really no big deal for me. I have no need/want to use any of the newer features of MP. I just use it to watch TV, DVD's and (don't tell the MPAA :lol: ) rent and rips from Blockbuster online. Web browsers and the like I really have no use for. Also, like I said, I think I tried just about everything to fix it. I didn't mean...
It's really no big deal for me. I have no need/want to use any of the newer features of MP. I just use it to watch TV, DVD's and...
I am unable to use any of the .2's (rc1 vanilla, CVS, rc2). MyTV just won't work for me. I have tried it all, codecs, overlay/VMR...
Replies
Views
hi sorry i got your reply just as i was posting. Shall reinstall and disable powerscheduler and hope i gte on better with it. however it still hibernates my laptop even if i close MP so surely it should stop the timer running.
hi sorry i got your reply just as i was posting. Shall reinstall and disable powerscheduler and hope i gte on better with it...
OK So i have been followings the CVS builds and normally update once a month untill recently i updated and suddenly my laptop...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much, guys. I think that Peter is closest to the case study that I was hoping for, so I guess that the only question I have for you, Peter, is: what kind of compression are you using and what kind of quality video is resulting? I'll admit that I need to do a little more research into exactly what quality of video I'd be...
Thanks very much, guys. I think that Peter is closest to the case study that I was hoping for, so I guess that the only question I...
Hi all New to the concept and wanting to know more. I'm currently looking for a network media solution for my new house. I...
Replies
Views
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. please it help me. The problem is that: Not record with formulation rec type: "Daily", MP that PVR Scheduler Record with formulation rec type: "Once" Version SW: MP...
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels...
Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels at the same time tv. Media Portal is very coll. I must record 4 channels...
Replies
Views
It's a feature that is planned for the future, however there's absolutely no implementation date as of yet.
It's a feature that is planned for the future, however there's absolutely no implementation date as of yet.
Hi, just wondering if it were possible to record and stream at the same time with mediaportal? or if it will ever be supported...
Replies
Views
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Not rec with formulation "Daily", MP that PVR Scheduler :cry:
Replies
Views
thanks. i'll look out for the auto tv thing, or try the home thing if it doesn't work. it actually had tetris stuck as default for a while, i never figured out why. thought it might have been to do with the last plugin selected when you exit the program, but it didn't work when i tried it with other stuff. nah, i've not posted...
thanks. i'll look out for the auto tv thing, or try the home thing if it doesn't work. it actually had tetris stuck as default...
hey, is there a way to change the plugin selected when you start media portal? it currently has my music selected when it starts...
Replies
Views
that's alright, i'd figured out the primary/secondary thing and any major problems i had i search for, that was just a general list of things that were probably affecting everyone and seemed to need improvement, didn't know where it would fit really and a "media portal is great" post made most sense, as it is. 8)
that's alright, i'd figured out the primary/secondary thing and any major problems i had i search for, that was just a general list...
Hi All, I must say this twice! Media Portal is just one amazing piece of software!!! Media Portal is just one amazing piece...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU requirements DE
Thanks to all who replied! I'll probably go for a Sempron64. I need a new mainboard anyway, because the current one only supports SD-RAM and the combination of a P4 and slow SD-RAM did not really boost the performance. :wink: Greetings, Jan
Thanks to all who replied! I'll probably go for a Sempron64. I need a new mainboard anyway, because the current one only supports...
Hi all, my old CPU (P4 1.8) just died. Not having a machine now with MP running, I suddenly realise how often I use this great...
Replies
Views
Take a look at the "MyBurner" plugin. Even if you don't have a burner, it can still automatically convert a DVR-MS file to MPEG at the end of a recording. It's very fast too, as all it has to do is remove the wrapping. I'm pretty sure it's built into MP.
Take a look at the "MyBurner" plugin. Even if you don't have a burner, it can still automatically convert a DVR-MS file to MPEG at...
I am new with this Mediaportal stuff and trying to find a more flexible alternative for some unhappy windows MCE users... To...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Just to say thanks... (1 Viewer) DE
I was going to start a thread, too I want to chime in my "Thank you!" and add that I hope I will be able to help with future development. Great product (with a great price!) and hopefully unlimited range of capabilities and features. Great work, all, and thank you.
I was going to start a thread, too I want to chime in my "Thank you!" and add that I hope I will be able to help with future...
Its been 2 days now since my first install, and I wanted to put some thoughts into print so here goes.... Guys - Thank you very...
Replies
Views
I understand why you are asking, yes, I did a lot of talking in that post... ;) Since you are asking, let me outline my own little personal plan (although it may be a little OT)... As I mentioned, I'm just about to build my first dedicated HTPC (I've been building my own computers for long, just not an HTPC). And my software of...
I understand why you are asking, yes, I did a lot of talking in that post... ;) Since you are asking, let me outline my own...
The Media Portal Project has lost Smirnuff News Article http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/showthread.php?t=313 post...
Replies
Views
My HTPC has a wired ethernet connection to a Mac and the Mac HD is mounted as a network drive on the HTPC using the built in SMB sharing of Mac OS X. Any video files that play from this share has a wait time, almost as if MP is buffering the data. The wait time is directly related to the length of the video, so a five minute video...
My HTPC has a wired ethernet connection to a Mac and the Mac HD is mounted as a network drive on the HTPC using the built in SMB...
My HTPC has a wired ethernet connection to a Mac and the Mac HD is mounted as a network drive on the HTPC using the built in SMB...
Replies
Views
I stood in line for hours in teh snow for mine!!!! I hear ebay has em cheap....lol
I stood in line for hours in teh snow for mine!!!! I hear ebay has em cheap....lol
Does anyone know if and or how to set up media portal to capture through an xbox 360. I know the 360 works through media center...
Replies
Views
We, as a society, are always putting deadlines on things.....we need to have that tangible time/date when to expect something. Since the developers ARE working on MP, we can literally pick a date out of our ass if we want as to when the next release will be. Who cares! Life will go on until the next MP release! :) If you're...
We, as a society, are always putting deadlines on things.....we need to have that tangible time/date when to expect something...
its been a month since anything been posted on it :(
Replies
Views
I keep those and the thumbs directory to.
I keep those and the thumbs directory to.
What files contain the setup settings etc ??? I want to back this up to another HDD, as i want to reinstall windows (format etc)...
Replies
Views
This is a Media Portal forum.......not an Intervideo Home Theatre forum. Perhaps you should be asking this question elsewhere.
This is a Media Portal forum.......not an Intervideo Home Theatre forum. Perhaps you should be asking this question elsewhere.
Hi all, Can any person help, I can see tv pictures, but have no sound with them. Anthony
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP Dev Training DE
Just after having a quick look around, there is obviously a lot of potential for this. http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10335
Just after having a quick look around, there is obviously a lot of potential for this...
First off, this is an idea that only just popped into my head; already I can see this has some logistical problems and its nothing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Media Portal DE
I woundnt mind doing that. The last words is still with the project owner. So guys what do you think about it ?
I woundnt mind doing that. The last words is still with the project owner. So guys what do you think about it ?
To anyone who has even remotely helped in the creation, modification, and improvement of Media Portal..... YOU'RE ALL...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Guide great! DE
Just wanted to let you know I and my wife are using the TV guide even though we don't have a tv card (yet) in the computer! There are tele text pages showing what's on all channels at the moment, but they have more or fewer channels than is available (ComHem Sweden). With TV Guide I have setup an overview of the channels we want to...
Just wanted to let you know I and my wife are using the TV guide even though we don't have a tv card (yet) in the computer! There...
Just wanted to let you know I and my wife are using the TV guide even though we don't have a tv card (yet) in the computer! There...
Replies
Views
My primary reason for switching back to MediaPortal was the EPG as described above. I couldnt get xmltv data to work with MCE even though programs facilitating this exists, and the MS provided guide data was simply not good enough. What was the problem with the epg? This together with lots of our music files missing in My Music...
My primary reason for switching back to MediaPortal was the EPG as described above. I couldnt get xmltv data to work with MCE even...
Hi, I just thought i would share a few thoughts on MP vs. MCE after i tried to switch from MP to MCE for a while. My reasons...
Replies
Views
:oops: The worse, is that in one year, I never noticed that forum about the website exits, need some glasses or someting like that. bzh Please someone erase my post, shame on m
:oops: The worse, is that in one year, I never noticed that forum about the website exits, need some glasses or someting like...
For the changelog part http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/ it gives in german : 401 - Zugriff verweigert...
Replies
Views
I use two Compro t-300s. You can get these cards for $129 each and they also have an analoge tuner. It's only software analoge though, so you still need a trusty PVR 150 but if you want a very good cheap all purpose card then these are a great buy.
I use two Compro t-300s. You can get these cards for $129 each and they also have an analoge tuner. It's only software analoge...
Hi all. I am putting together a media portal machine for a friend and before I buy the cards I'd like to hear from some Australians...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Newb Question DE
sounds good, I will give it a try thank you for the reply!
sounds good, I will give it a try thank you for the reply!
I have a machine that I want to put all my music and videos on it and nothing else. It will not have a tv tuner. My questions: If...
Replies
Views
Dear *******, We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following fixed price listing(s): 7201692805 - New Media Portal Edition 2005 for Windows XP However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Compilation and Informational Media policy and has been removed from eBay. We have credited all associated fees to your...
Dear *******, We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following fixed price listing(s): 7201692805 - New Media Portal...
hi, i haven't done a lot of research on this, but this appears to be media portal on ebay...
Replies
Views
You do not need to delete the previous dot net version, because different dot net versions can co-exist on one machine. From the team-mediaportal.de site: Install: 1) Install latest testrelease 0.2, not necessary if already done 1a) install .NET Framework Version 2.0 1b) install Mozilla ActiveX Control for Web Browser...
You do not need to delete the previous dot net version, because different dot net versions can co-exist on one machine. From the...
I currently have version 0.2, But i seem to have quite a few bugs, looking back it seems this is a beta. i have a BlackGold...
Replies
Views
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (CVS:2005-12-03) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2) .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727 DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c) Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Memory: 1 GB Motherboard...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (CVS:2005-12-03) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (CVS:2005-12-03) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows...
Replies
Views
The files are still where they have always been but there does appear to be an issue @ my host so you cannot reach them at the moment. Grab them from here: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~netpoint Note: don't bookmark this URL as it is temporary.
The files are still where they have always been but there does appear to be an issue @ my host so you cannot reach them at the...
Hi, I can not find myblaster anywhere anymore. All links are dead, and it is removed from the http://download.mp-fr.com list...
Replies
Views
B
It's physically possible, I just don't know if MediaPortal can do it. Many hardware tuners have a "live preview mode" that passes the data through without encoding first. I have a card with the same chip as yours and also was upgrading from an AIW 9000. The problem was with connecting a VCR or DVR into the s-video and then...
It's physically possible, I just don't know if MediaPortal can do it. Many hardware tuners have a "live preview mode" that passes...
i own a powercolor theater 550pro card and no matter which application i use media portal or mce i am always experiencing a 2...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom