MediaPortal 1 Talk (69 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi, This is discussion about getting finnish translations better. Following posts will be in finnish. CoolHammer Moro, Tänne vinkit ja neuvot suomenkielisen käännöksen tilasta ja käytettävistä termeistä. Seuraan tätä topikkia ja muutan käännöstä jos siihen löytyy syytä. Tänne voi laittaa myös MP web...
Hi, This is discussion about getting finnish translations better. Following posts will be in finnish. CoolHammer Moro...
Hi, This is discussion about getting finnish translations better. Following posts will be in finnish. CoolHammer Moro...
Replies
Views
while you are off filling in the support template :wink: here are a couple of things to check. Do you have the Compro BDA drivers installed? Have you added the card in Config/TV/TV cards? Have you made sure it is the VideoMate card that you have added and not the others that may show up? have you Auto Tuned? Have you assigned...
while you are off filling in the support template :wink: here are a couple of things to check. Do you have the Compro BDA...
Help, How can I get MP working with a Compro t200 DTV cards. It just wont pick up any channels. Thanks
Replies
Views
MKern, since you'er a novice we'll go easy on you, but you really should start up a new thread and use the support template so we have all the info. Also, can you tell us where you are getting stuck?
MKern, since you'er a novice we'll go easy on you, but you really should start up a new thread and use the support template so we...
I am running a Twinhan DVB-T card in Sydney, Australia and was wondering whther there were any others running on 0.2.0? If you are...
Replies
Views
I was going to start a thread, too I want to chime in my "Thank you!" and add that I hope I will be able to help with future development. Great product (with a great price!) and hopefully unlimited range of capabilities and features. Great work, all, and thank you.
I was going to start a thread, too I want to chime in my "Thank you!" and add that I hope I will be able to help with future...
Its been 2 days now since my first install, and I wanted to put some thoughts into print so here goes.... Guys - Thank you very...
Replies
Views
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Yesterday I have made other tests, and I have discovered that an old version of the Mediaportal RC4 (what I had fortunately saved) didn't give the problems of slowness in the change of channel: To this point I believe both profit for all those people who have this problem, to know as I have...
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Yesterday I have made other tests, and I have discovered that an old version of the...
I don't know where to post this topic so if some admin wants to move it elsewhere that's ok. I have used MP for about 8 months...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I found MP yesterday and I'm very excited :) I'm planning to build a new HTPC on Dign/Origien X15e. I would like to use MP so that 7" TFT would only show "control buttons" when playing music or movies. e.g. so that tft show play/pause etc, and my projector show the actual movie. Is this possible? I also found that there...
Hi all, I found MP yesterday and I'm very excited :) I'm planning to build a new HTPC on Dign/Origien X15e. I would like to use...
Hi all, I found MP yesterday and I'm very excited :) I'm planning to build a new HTPC on Dign/Origien X15e. I would like to use...
Replies
Views
It cant be set for the secondary monitor at this stage. There have been some suggestions on how to fix it but as of yet nothing has come about. You have to set it in the config when the program is running as just moving it to the secondary monitor will cause problems.
It cant be set for the secondary monitor at this stage. There have been some suggestions on how to fix it but as of yet nothing has...
I cannot seem to find a way to keep the fullscreen option on a secondary monitor. Whenever I select fullscreen it pops back to my...
Replies
Views
Google "TVersity"
Google "TVersity"
I was lookin for a free route in order to get my pc and 360 streaming videos but will this program work....Im New and just found...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Multiple DVB-T cards works great :) (1 Viewer) DE
Donate link is at sourceforge. Kind regards, Michel
Donate link is at sourceforge. Kind regards, Michel
A few days ago there was a comment in the CVS that a fix was added for multiple DTV cards. I just wanted to rport that now, for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
why port, try hacking to work... I've kicked around the idea of using the mono project, and maybe somewine, to make mediaportal run under linux. One of my pet peves with mediaportal is the player, which has to rely on the filesystem for .iso support.(daemon tools)... a real player(video lan client/mplayer/xine) just works with...
why port, try hacking to work... I've kicked around the idea of using the mono project, and maybe somewine, to make mediaportal...
Hi everyone, I guess I'm new here since this is my first post. :-) But anyway... I've read that this software can be ported to...
Replies
Views
Thanks Callifo for this information. I was just wondering if I should convert this to DVR-MS as I found so many topics about this info. I assume hen recording from an analog source (e.g. PVR350) then DVR-MS is used, right ? So, all I need to be looking for is then a TS -> MPEG2 converter. Guess I'll try with TSConverter...
Thanks Callifo for this information. I was just wondering if I should convert this to DVR-MS as I found so many topics about...
Hi, this may be a stupid question, but since I'm new to MP and I found no clear answer on my forum and wiki searches I dare to...
Replies
Views
how do you stream meadia portal to other pcs
Replies
Views
There is an X10 plugin if you want to search for that. It hasn't been updated for a while, but I think people are working on it and will release a newer version when they are ready. The current version will control any X10 devices via the serial computer connection kit.
There is an X10 plugin if you want to search for that. It hasn't been updated for a while, but I think people are working on it...
anyone no any infared or bluetooth drivers ,pluggins or programs
Replies
Views
The CVS download page at MyShare.De throws an PHP include error. The latest CVS and the changelog are therefor unreachable. Could someone fix this? :)
The CVS download page at MyShare.De throws an PHP include error. The latest CVS and the changelog are therefor unreachable...
The CVS download page at MyShare.De throws an PHP include error. The latest CVS and the changelog are therefor unreachable...
Replies
Views
Well, my opinion is, if you want to spend money on the program, donate it to the makers. If you want to support the idea of the GPL, sell it, but sell it to a reasonable price. What means, the CD, the time to copy it, and the S&H. If you really want to make money, WRITE YOUR OWN F*****G PROGRAM.
Well, my opinion is, if you want to spend money on the program, donate it to the makers. If you want to support the idea of the...
ok what gives, this is an open source free program how and why are people being allowed to sell it on ebay. they are NOT...
Replies
Views
This is great! We need more developers developing interesting plugins! The plugins that have appeared this year are starting to make HTPC to work great for media centers! Mike
This is great! We need more developers developing interesting plugins! The plugins that have appeared this year are starting to...
Hey guys, I just wanted to take a time out to say how much I appreciate your work on this project and how great it is. When I...
Replies
Views
Well a Web Browser plugin has just been completed, so hopefully it'll lead to this, however you still can't highlight links and view video/audio at the same time like you can in MCE at this point in time. Sam
Well a Web Browser plugin has just been completed, so hopefully it'll lead to this, however you still can't highlight links and...
I'm working in a web/media agency in Italy, and a customer asked us to develop a "site" that will be included in the online...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A Public Site DE
Lordmessi is working on a complete new website which will all information we need things we think about - news - downloads - user zone where users can upload/download own made skins/plugins - blogs - documentation wiki etc etc
Lordmessi is working on a complete new website which will all information we need things we think about - news - downloads -...
I have an idea of having a second site for MediaPortal witch is ment for those people how is intressted in using MP only. I think...
Replies
Views
Providing everything is switched to VMR9 renderless, you will be able to see the video fine. The way VNC works though will not allow you to view the video smoothly.
Providing everything is switched to VMR9 renderless, you will be able to see the video fine. The way VNC works though will not...
I am currently working on a project where I would like to have media portal as the software controlling music and video playback...
Replies
Views
Thanks for clearing everything up, Smirnuff because as I explained in a previous post, Custom PC magazine in the UK recommended installing MP over MCE 2005 but now I definitely know that I don't need to use MCE 2005, I can install programs like emulators in a regular manner [I take it emulators like GENS and ZSNES are supported?]...
Thanks for clearing everything up, Smirnuff because as I explained in a previous post, Custom PC magazine in the UK recommended...
Hi guys, As a n00b, I'm trying to learn about how things work and I've had a good read of the mediaportal wiki information at...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 .net 2 Win XP x64 DE
Hi, I haven't got any 64 bit system and I haven't been able to test current CVS a lot with .Net 2.0, but for me it's much faster than before the switch to 2.0. So it's definitely a step forward. :) Kind regards, Michel
Hi, I haven't got any 64 bit system and I haven't been able to test current CVS a lot with .Net 2.0, but for me it's much faster...
Does this mean now that .net 2 is out that there will start to be 2 concurrent releases of Media portal down the track one for...
Replies
Views
What is the status of the burn plugin? Have been using it for converting dvr-ms to mpg2 files. Recently bought a DVD writer and mounted in my HTPC. Now I can't get the burn plugin to burn anything. It looks like nothing happens when I press the create DVD or create SVCD buttons. Searching the forum, it seems like there has not...
What is the status of the burn plugin? Have been using it for converting dvr-ms to mpg2 files. Recently bought a DVD writer and...
What is the status of the burn plugin? Have been using it for converting dvr-ms to mpg2 files. Recently bought a DVD writer and...
Replies
Views
Hi there just installed mediaportal, and have gotten it to work reasoably well on my new HTPC - thanks for all the hard work you guys have done, its truly amazing! the question: is it possible to watch tv on another computer while the HTPC records it? I mean, if i put timeshift or something on the HTPC, can i watch it...
Hi there just installed mediaportal, and have gotten it to work reasoably well on my new HTPC - thanks for all the hard work you...
Hi there just installed mediaportal, and have gotten it to work reasoably well on my new HTPC - thanks for all the hard work you...
Replies
Views
Line in Mapping I am also having the same problem - My TV card doesnt seem to provide audio via the Bus and doesnt have a output for a CD/AUX audio input on the MB... but it does have an output at the back (line out) so if I take it to the Line In on my sound card - this gives me sound now when watching TV- but because of the...
Line in Mapping I am also having the same problem - My TV card doesnt seem to provide audio via the Bus and doesnt have a output...
Hey guys, I've been using Media-portal for quite a while now, but I've just recently gotten an external decoder. Where I...
Replies
Views
Hi Pieroxy, I'm totally in favour of GPL software and all it stands for and I would hate to see the day when mediaportal became anything else. I see now what you are saying about repackaging, I would of thought that within that licence agreement there would be a clause that would say "you must modify or change slightly this...
Hi Pieroxy, I'm totally in favour of GPL software and all it stands for and I would hate to see the day when mediaportal became...
Hi folks, I'm not on the forums very much anymore but I was on Ebay.ca tonight and saw some moron trying to sell the MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Hi, Please take a look at this thread. It's somewhat outdated, but it covers the basics. Some things might have changed a little over time. Kind regards, Michel
Hi, Please take a look at this thread. It's somewhat outdated, but it covers the basics. Some things might have changed a little...
I just got rid of Win MCE in favor of MP. I am excited about using it, and have all but one part configured; the tv guide. I have...
Replies
Views
Similar for me .NET 1.1 + .NET 2.0 and MP is working again. :wink:
Similar for me .NET 1.1 + .NET 2.0 and MP is working again. :wink:
I wanted to make a clean install de MP with the frameworks 2.0. Result: How I make? A Mp 0.2.0 RC2 unified would make...
Replies
Views
Nice one:-)
Nice one:-)
Just wondering, what is the situation about DVB Subtitling in Media Portal. Who is developing subtitle support and is there enough...
Replies
Views
I have Windows MCE 2005 (built it) and Media Portal installed on the same box. It did not change MCE at all. My MCE Remote works fine in MP. My MCE Keyboard works fine in MCE. MP has built-in MCE Remote support. I also have a Hauppauge PVR-150 installed with a cheap ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card. Although not certified for...
I have Windows MCE 2005 (built it) and Media Portal installed on the same box. It did not change MCE at all. My MCE Remote works...
Okay, I have Windows MCE 2005 and my sister loves it, so much she's asked me to convert her PC into a Media Center one. However...
Replies
Views
i dont know i only can get analog channel and not digital channel on my tuner. i need some help. what do you need to upload? please tell me.
i dont know i only can get analog channel and not digital channel on my tuner. i need some help. what do you need to upload? please...
Ok guys we have a Dev that can work on ATSC (we could still use more if you can help!) He would like to know what cards you guys...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom