MediaPortal 1 Talk (47 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hmm, I guess some of you already know what it is I just found out about it and thinks it´s kinda awesome since it´s both easy and legal! It records music on a lot of internet stations and saves the music in a database wich you can access anytime anywhere. Check it for yourself at chilirec.com I aint a programmer or such, so this...
Hmm, I guess some of you already know what it is I just found out about it and thinks it´s kinda awesome since it´s both easy and...
Hmm, I guess some of you already know what it is I just found out about it and thinks it´s kinda awesome since it´s both easy and...
Replies
Views
I have a minor dilemma and I though I’d toss it to the experts to see what you all suggest. I have two computers. One as a media PC in the lounge running mediaportal and tv server, and the other tucked away with all my media stored on it. Specifically: one shared folder containing an ever increasing collection of my ripped movies...
I have a minor dilemma and I though I’d toss it to the experts to see what you all suggest. I have two computers. One as a media...
I have a minor dilemma and I though I’d toss it to the experts to see what you all suggest. I have two computers. One as a media...
Replies
Views
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
is there any tool in mediaportal that can help me to calibrate the antenna? Like a "satfinder"?
Replies
Views
HELO! This message appears during the DEINSTALLING process of Tv Server an the client PlugIn. So I am unable to install a TVServer now. Whatever i try, it´s unable to deinstall the SErver and Client PlugIn. Finaly I´ve erased ALL MP Folders .... IDEAS ????!!!! Thanks, mats
HELO! This message appears during the DEINSTALLING process of Tv Server an the client PlugIn. So I am unable to install a...
HELO! This message appears during the DEINSTALLING process of Tv Server an the client PlugIn. So I am unable to install a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HDHomerun QAM Scan DE
So, when I first got the HDhomerun and was using Mediaportal 0.2.3 everything worked wonderfully. However; after the driver and firmware updates and also my cable company adding more HD channels...things arent working so well. I am not able to see the majority of the unencrypted HD channels through mediaportal. I can still see them...
So, when I first got the HDhomerun and was using Mediaportal 0.2.3 everything worked wonderfully. However; after the driver and...
So, when I first got the HDhomerun and was using Mediaportal 0.2.3 everything worked wonderfully. However; after the driver and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I've been a user of MP for about a year and a bit now and it's great. I'm using the server client installation RC4 I realise the final is now out but this shouldn't affect what I'm tring to accomplish. I wanted to transcode my recorded tv programs after recording had finished and what better why than to use the...
Hello everyone, I've been a user of MP for about a year and a bit now and it's great. I'm using the server client installation...
Hello everyone, I've been a user of MP for about a year and a bit now and it's great. I'm using the server client installation...
Replies
Views
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats important from a satellite point of view, so keep that in mind if your going to anser...lol I am trying to undertand what is the best approach for using th eTV server software. I was thinking of buying...
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats...
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats...
Replies
Views
Ive got a liking for the new channel list in the TV Server RC1 that shows % done, names ect my tv > channels Id like to get that into my 0.2.3.0 install Any help, greatly appreciated, Im assuming its just a .xml i need to copy from the new version into my blue2 but im damned if i can find it
Ive got a liking for the new channel list in the TV Server RC1 that shows % done, names ect my tv > channels Id like to get...
Ive got a liking for the new channel list in the TV Server RC1 that shows % done, names ect my tv > channels Id like to get...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thanks DE
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media centre over the last few weeks. Those who give up and go to WMC obviously like their crosswords filled in for them! Cheers:thx:
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media...
Just wanted to thank all you guys for a wonderful project, you've made an old timer very happy working out how to build a media...
Replies
Views
Hello, today I made a comparison between TVE2 and TVE3. For benchmarking I used a Sempron 64 3000+, my P3-S1133 seems a little bit too slow for TVE3. These are the results: Starttime until the MediaPortal Home Screen appears beginning from pressung start button of PC. MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 with TVE2: 40s MediaPortal 0.2.2.0...
Hello, today I made a comparison between TVE2 and TVE3. For benchmarking I used a Sempron 64 3000+, my P3-S1133 seems a little...
Hello, today I made a comparison between TVE2 and TVE3. For benchmarking I used a Sempron 64 3000+, my P3-S1133 seems a little...
Replies
Views
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website just fine and i see my lineup but the media portal config wont see it. is there a better way to get my guide info?
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website...
No matter what i do i can not get the zap2it plugin to work, i hit refresh and it wont see my lineup. I can login to the website...
Replies
Views
System as Follows :-- Celaron 2.4 dual core 2Gb DDR800 ram 1TB hard drive Gforce gt 220 1GB graphics card with HDMI output Hauppauge hvr 3000 TV Card ALL drivers are up to date. I have installed media Portall as per instructions. When i launch media portal and start to watch tv i keep getting " unable to start timeshifting"...
System as Follows :-- Celaron 2.4 dual core 2Gb DDR800 ram 1TB hard drive Gforce gt 220 1GB graphics card with HDMI output...
System as Follows :-- Celaron 2.4 dual core 2Gb DDR800 ram 1TB hard drive Gforce gt 220 1GB graphics card with HDMI output...
Replies
Views
Apologies to the mod team if i've put this in the wrong section but i'm having a strange and puzzling issue with Mediaportal v1.6.0 pre-release. And, Since this problem also occurs in versions v1.3 and upwards. I'd like to know whether anyone else has come accross this? Thread from MP v1.6.0 pre-release sub-forum...
Apologies to the mod team if i've put this in the wrong section but i'm having a strange and puzzling issue with Mediaportal v1.6.0...
Apologies to the mod team if i've put this in the wrong section but i'm having a strange and puzzling issue with Mediaportal v1.6.0...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there a way to save TV server settings when moving from RC1 + SVN to RC2. I know about not deleting the database and about how to export the channels/schedules. But what about other settings (like the recording options and webepg import settings). I have three cards and it can be a pain to re-enter all of the settings...
Hi, Is there a way to save TV server settings when moving from RC1 + SVN to RC2. I know about not deleting the database and about...
Hi, Is there a way to save TV server settings when moving from RC1 + SVN to RC2. I know about not deleting the database and about...
Replies
Views
Hi every one, After 7 hours of installing and uninstalling finally I get it to work. Mediaportal 1.0 RC 1 - refresh + SVN-04-25-2008--22-38-Rev18951 Hauppauge HVR4000 Hauppauge WinTV CI module Conax Cam Canal digital card WinTV drivers 4.1 (have tried with 4.4 but it don't work) :thx: to all developers of MP
Hi every one, After 7 hours of installing and uninstalling finally I get it to work. Mediaportal 1.0 RC 1 - refresh +...
Hi every one, After 7 hours of installing and uninstalling finally I get it to work. Mediaportal 1.0 RC 1 - refresh +...
Replies
Views
Hi all ! I am using a Hauppauge Hvr-1100 with the tv-server and i have a little problem with the audio. The problem is that if i use the svhs input on the card i get no audio in mediaportal. If i look on a tv channel there is no problem with the audio. I did not have this problem with Mediaportal 2.3 and i have not changed any...
Hi all ! I am using a Hauppauge Hvr-1100 with the tv-server and i have a little problem with the audio. The problem is that if...
Hi all ! I am using a Hauppauge Hvr-1100 with the tv-server and i have a little problem with the audio. The problem is that if...
Replies
Views
Might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know of any software to automatically calibrate 5.1 audio, using a microphone on a HTPC?
Might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know of any software to automatically calibrate 5.1 audio, using a microphone on a HTPC?
Replies
Views
Playing with progdvb (4.62.5) in the settings/device list I saw {BDA} Mediaportal DVB-C ??
Playing with progdvb (4.62.5) in the settings/device list I saw {BDA} Mediaportal DVB-C ??
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the set-top-box. This works fine when i enter det channels with my remote. It also works fine by when i press ok to view the current programs. However, it doesn't work when i select a program through the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Replies
Views
So I am looking at getting a new 19 inch lcd and have it down to two monitors. Im not a stickler for response time, contrast ratio etc, but just want a reliable 19 inch monitor and a price around 120. The two are a dell and Hanns G. Does anyone know if one is better than the other? Dell link Dell S1909WX Flat Panel Monitor...
So I am looking at getting a new 19 inch lcd and have it down to two monitors. Im not a stickler for response time, contrast ratio...
So I am looking at getting a new 19 inch lcd and have it down to two monitors. Im not a stickler for response time, contrast ratio...
Replies
Views
does anyone know where i can download the last version of MediaPortal which had VRM7. cheers...
does anyone know where i can download the last version of MediaPortal which had VRM7. cheers...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Programs Error DE
Hi Sorry, I am new to MP I have nearly got it all setup nice. I have just installed TVengine3 & plugin including the latest SVN's. All seems ok, but when I try and get cerain channels it freezes for 30 seconds the a blue message window appears titled My programs. The text of the window says:- "MY programs"...
Hi Sorry, I am new to MP I have nearly got it all setup nice. I have just installed TVengine3 & plugin including the latest...
Hi Sorry, I am new to MP I have nearly got it all setup nice. I have just installed TVengine3 & plugin including the latest...
Replies
Views
is it possible to change the order of cards listed in manual control in tv server let's say cards would be listed like in tv servers view (descending) i have many unknown cards listed (same usb card but on different usb port is shown as another card) so initially view is useless for me thanks
is it possible to change the order of cards listed in manual control in tv server let's say cards would be listed like in tv...
is it possible to change the order of cards listed in manual control in tv server let's say cards would be listed like in tv...
Replies
Views
Hi all, and tnx all developer to a fantastic job. I have set up a multiseat system and it works really well. The server with a client on the same pc runs windows xp. The other clients run windows xp as well. My question is if I can get any performance boost of the system by changing to windows 2003 server on the tvserver machine...
Hi all, and tnx all developer to a fantastic job. I have set up a multiseat system and it works really well. The server with a...
Hi all, and tnx all developer to a fantastic job. I have set up a multiseat system and it works really well. The server with a...
Replies
Views
Is there a tool/solution to remote config the TV service? I want to change the channels on the server on my private desktop pc, without dialing in with a remote desktop. edit: oops wrong sections of the forum.. need to be in TV server 1 section..
Is there a tool/solution to remote config the TV service? I want to change the channels on the server on my private desktop pc...
Is there a tool/solution to remote config the TV service? I want to change the channels on the server on my private desktop pc...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. My name is Alejandro, I'm from Argentina, and am interested in participating to make everything within my power to grow the product. I wanted to ask if MediaPortal supports multicast video distribution, or if you plan to include this modality in the next version of the product. Work in the area of systems in a...
Hello everyone. My name is Alejandro, I'm from Argentina, and am interested in participating to make everything within my power to...
Hello everyone. My name is Alejandro, I'm from Argentina, and am interested in participating to make everything within my power to...
Replies
Views
slowly getting MP setup and loving it however i have over 100 movies and find it difficult to use the shares view as too many folders i already have my movies split into folders i.e drama, romance etc but thought i'd add a Genre view. have setit up and appears to work fine but none of the movies are in the genre sections. i have...
slowly getting MP setup and loving it however i have over 100 movies and find it difficult to use the shares view as too many...
slowly getting MP setup and loving it however i have over 100 movies and find it difficult to use the shares view as too many...
Replies
Views
The basic home screen causes problems with my remote control routines which use the "h" command to set Mediaportal back to the regular home screen when an activity is completed. If the activity is only at the regular home screen "h" sends it into the basic, causing typical confusion when a family member uses the remote. Is it yet...
The basic home screen causes problems with my remote control routines which use the "h" command to set Mediaportal back to the...
The basic home screen causes problems with my remote control routines which use the "h" command to set Mediaportal back to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have just configured my TV card with an older driver after having issues with the new one. Where do I go on this site to ask to have support for the new driver added? Thanks Anthony
Hi I have just configured my TV card with an older driver after having issues with the new one. Where do I go on this site to...
Hi I have just configured my TV card with an older driver after having issues with the new one. Where do I go on this site to...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a third of the rrp!! Check them out. A real bargain if you ask me!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150081802359&rd=1&rd=1 Ive bought...
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a...
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom