MediaPortal 1 Talk (68 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Just wondered if there is any working method of getting live 3D tv working in mp and also sbs mkvs. I am about to get a 3G tv and was hoping that mp will support it. Also anyone know if this is being built into the DNA for mp2? Thanks Bob
Just wondered if there is any working method of getting live 3D tv working in mp and also sbs mkvs. I am about to get a 3G tv and...
Just wondered if there is any working method of getting live 3D tv working in mp and also sbs mkvs. I am about to get a 3G tv and...
Replies
Views
hey mhandscomb1 i was struggling with nearly the same Problem. i am using blu ray isos that mp cant handle nativly. in earlier times i used the myemulator plugin to mount the isos to a virtual drive and then launched them with the blu ray plugin. total media theatre as Player.... with mp 1.4 the blu ray launcher wasnt supported...
hey mhandscomb1 i was struggling with nearly the same Problem. i am using blu ray isos that mp cant handle nativly. in earlier...
Sorry this if this is in the wrong area of the forum but i'm hoping that someone could help me with setting up my mediaportal...
Replies
Views
limpwhizkid: yes, i meant card sharing. sorry if my vocab. is not very precise :(
limpwhizkid: yes, i meant card sharing. sorry if my vocab. is not very precise :(
Hi all, I have a friend of mine who has a client of his that is building right now his house and wants to install 34 points to...
Replies
Views
Sounds great! Today im using version 1.02 and it works fine with one TV-card but when i use two or three is begin to be unstable to handle the CI and to code.:thx:
Sounds great! Today im using version 1.02 and it works fine with one TV-card but when i use two or three is begin to be unstable to...
Hi, in my server i got 3 FireDTV Cards and form time to time i dropps the CI-model so my recording is not working. Then i have...
Replies
Views
How is it supposed to work? I have 3 channels called 'Arte', 'EXQI' and 'Vitaliteit' wich are on cable (DVD-C) and on sattelite (DVDB-S), after scanning my channels TV server puts the found channel info for the channels wich have the same name together. So I get 3 channels with info for DVB-C and DVB-S. Now when I'm recording Arte...
How is it supposed to work? I have 3 channels called 'Arte', 'EXQI' and 'Vitaliteit' wich are on cable (DVD-C) and on sattelite...
How is it supposed to work? I have 3 channels called 'Arte', 'EXQI' and 'Vitaliteit' wich are on cable (DVD-C) and on sattelite...
Replies
Views
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The first time i tried was the day it was released and i didn't think much to it, because i had trouble getting loads of stuff working!!! Different story now as i installed it 10 minutes ago and im...
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The...
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I just installed the new tv server for the second time, and i am very impressed!!! The...
Replies
Views
Sage TV has all these functions, but MP is a better product overall which is why i am sticking with it. It would be awesome if these functions were implemented. Maybe not in MP1, but how about MP2 ??
Sage TV has all these functions, but MP is a better product overall which is why i am sticking with it. It would be awesome if...
I just wanted to comment 2 ideas to see if its at all possible and to see if others find it interesting. 1) Would it be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 24P HW Support? DE
This works if your graphic card and your display natively supports 1080p/24.
This works if your graphic card and your display natively supports 1080p/24.
Hi All I havent found a answer to this Q anywhere.... Does the new 1 version support hardware playback of 24P ? I love XBMC but...
Replies
Views
Hi, Not too long... I'd guess 5-10 mins or so... It will perhaps also depend on your setting for how often the EPG grabber should run? (Setup TV Server-General Settings) Good luck! /J
Hi, Not too long... I'd guess 5-10 mins or so... It will perhaps also depend on your setting for how often the EPG grabber...
I really hate having holes in the epg!;) Xmltv is great, but doesn´t cover all my channels... Thought this might be of use for...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the suggestion VdR. In fact that is exactly what I am doing to get around it. The only annoying thing for e though is if I change te language to English (UK) and if I open up my web browser and visit "locale sensitive" web sites, i.e. google.com, it defaults to google.co.uk instead of google.co.nz which I would prefer...
Thanks for the suggestion VdR. In fact that is exactly what I am doing to get around it. The only annoying thing for e though is...
Hi: I'm a relatively newbie to MP, and am currently running 0.2.1.0. I'd like to have the tiem display on the MP screen to...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure if i should stick with my 24" Widescreen CRT or go down to only 17" 4:3, but High Definition :S
I'm not sure if i should stick with my 24" Widescreen CRT or go down to only 17" 4:3, but High Definition :S
Replies
Views
My setup About satellite reception I've installed a quadruple LNB - each output directly connected to an antenna socket. So I have four independent rooms. It's an intermediate not to much expensive way. In my case I should bring 2 satellite cables from LNB to PC if I want to install a second DVB-S card (stealing a cable from...
My setup About satellite reception I've installed a quadruple LNB - each output directly connected to an antenna socket. So I...
I recently got my second FDTV. Can somebody advice the best settings in TVServer when using 2 tuners on 1 LNB? Should I setup a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 2 TV-Cards handling DE
Thanks i will try it. I have seen that the 2nd Card has no mapped channels. I've mapped ist and will look ...
Thanks i will try it. I have seen that the 2nd Card has no mapped channels. I've mapped ist and will look ...
How can i change my TV-Card? I go into the TV and watching on TV-Card 1 but how can i change to the second TV-Card ? I...
Replies
Views
I don't know anything about yapi2xml or zap2xml. If you want I can give you pointers to manually combine them. If it works, you can maybe use something like autoit to automate the steps. If you want to try it, zip the 2 files together and post here. Sidenote - I have not yet used WEBEPG, but if you want to read up on it, it...
I don't know anything about yapi2xml or zap2xml. If you want I can give you pointers to manually combine them. If it works, you...
Hi 1st i'd like to say that the software you created is pretty cool. I have a dual tuner system and I am stumped on how I can...
Replies
Views
I have installed the server on 2 PCs now. But i cant find the ip adress for the slave server in TV-server how come? and i dint get the option that you are talking about above
I have installed the server on 2 PCs now. But i cant find the ip adress for the slave server in TV-server how come? and i dint get...
Hi there :D I have 3 Computer in my Home. 1. ANALOUGE pc with Mediaportal in Single Mode (TV Card with Hardware MPEG2...
Replies
Views
Did you ever find out if your questions is possible? I would also like to know?
Did you ever find out if your questions is possible? I would also like to know?
Hello, I set up the tv server and I'm watching the TV from VLC. All fine, but I have two questions: 1) When I open the stream...
Replies
Views
The scrolling thing happens on any client wether it is involved with TV3 or TV2. I havent checked the first part.
The scrolling thing happens on any client wether it is involved with TV3 or TV2. I havent checked the first part.
Hey guys, I have a couple questions about the TV guide. The first problem is if I am using the Guide and choose a channel to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just a couple of questions Firstly - Does anyone know why my avi playback through mediaportal will randomly jump forwards or backwards approx 3-4 minutes at any point during a show? I have tried it without any input devices turned on - mouse, remote, bluetooth etc. Can be frustrating when it jumps past a good part!:eek...
Hi Just a couple of questions Firstly - Does anyone know why my avi playback through mediaportal will randomly jump forwards...
Hi Just a couple of questions Firstly - Does anyone know why my avi playback through mediaportal will randomly jump forwards...
Replies
Views
Mediaportal was mentioned in the latest number of the swedish computer magazine Datormagazin as well. With download instructions :)
Mediaportal was mentioned in the latest number of the swedish computer magazine Datormagazin as well. With download instructions :)
I was at the book store and picked up the latest PC gamer. On the 3rd page or so they were talking about alternatives to MCE and...
Replies
Views
Hi again..... Ok then i take that as a "it is not possible"...... I actually don´t see why not, but i must just give up at say, tough luck....... ;-)
Hi again..... Ok then i take that as a "it is not possible"...... I actually don´t see why not, but i must just give up at...
Hi there..... I have a question for you..... :-) Is it at all possible to install the Dreambox plugin more than one time, so...
Replies
Views
Well, maybe if a skin file could be made for the new plugin, then it might? I do like the idea of such plugins, which are more like widgets to sit on the screen and show some info...
Well, maybe if a skin file could be made for the new plugin, then it might? I do like the idea of such plugins, which are more like...
Hi guys, I have justed started using Mediaportal and all is going well. I am using the Blue2 skin and have two questions...
Replies
Views
I have a question. I'm testing MP on my home-office PC, so I don't have TV Server installed, as I don't have my actual HTPC built yet. I will have 2 gigabit connections on the mobo of the HTPC. I have an HDHR presently connected to my router. I want to know if I move the HDHR to one of the network connections on the mobo and connect...
I have a question. I'm testing MP on my home-office PC, so I don't have TV Server installed, as I don't have my actual HTPC built...
I have a question. I'm testing MP on my home-office PC, so I don't have TV Server installed, as I don't have my actual HTPC built...
Replies
Views
i have 2 folders with the same name. Like C:\Action and D:\Action, and now i want link the content in one Folder for MP.
i have 2 folders with the same name. Like C:\Action and D:\Action, and now i want link the content in one Folder for MP.
I have a large collection of movies and music on my computer. They're spread out over three hard-drives and different directories...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 2 Behaviour Issues DE
Thats point 1 :) I meant my second point/issue. Where importing into the Videos database wont automatically use the provided folder.jpg, so the user has to go through each movie, click the cover art search button (which correctly then defaults to the folder.jpg image), then save and then go to the next movie. I would presume...
Thats point 1 :) I meant my second point/issue. Where importing into the Videos database wont automatically use the provided...
I wont call these bugs, probably more like behaviour issues: 1. I just discovered that you can use the IMDB option from the menu...
Replies
Views
Like I said, I may have missed the point, and perhaps I have, but.. How do you configure mediaportal? If you are going into the configuration app, then you can add movies to the database from there. Yuo could switch to share view and then hit the dots at the top of the share list to access other shares, find the relevant file...
Like I said, I may have missed the point, and perhaps I have, but.. How do you configure mediaportal? If you are going into the...
Hi there, my first HDD is full is there a way to add a second disk now as storage for recordings, without losing my old records?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 16x9 using 800x600? DE
cool, thanks man. I thought it would probably be possible, but didnæt know where to look :)
cool, thanks man. I thought it would probably be possible, but didnæt know where to look :)
Started putting together my HTPC and might have a problem when i come to use my plasma TV. It isn't the best screen in the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 16:10 support DE
Why not? You can use a 16:9 skin an use the pixel ratio correction.
Why not? You can use a 16:9 skin an use the pixel ratio correction.
Is there 16:10 support with media portal? I have a dell 2005fpw widescreen display and would like to use it with that, is is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1366x768-skin DE
Check the MCE wide skin thread If you're getting an error message stating that the skin is out of date you can try editing references.xml in the skin folder as described here.
Check the MCE wide skin thread If you're getting an error message stating that the skin is out of date you can try editing...
Hello.. Is there any nice 1280x768 or 1366x768-skin to get today? I got a LCD-tv and want a nicer skin for it, with not so...
Replies
Views
Same
Same
CPU - AMD 64 1.8ghz / 1.5gb ram / XP Pro SP3 / Mediaportal 1 rc2 / ATI Radeon 3450 - 512mb / h.264 codec is coreavc Not sure...
Replies
Views
Using this drive in a RAID array will work. Hitatchi would just rather sell you an almost identical drive for a premium that has been "optimised for RAID performance" or some other marketing rubish.
Using this drive in a RAID array will work. Hitatchi would just rather sell you an almost identical drive for a premium that has...
I don't have many words for this so check the link...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom