MediaPortal 1 Talk (48 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
My process: In MP configuration under Music>Music Folders I add a folder, title it External Hard Drive, and have it reference my music folder on my external hard drive. I then go to Music Database and under Scan music shares I deselect my C: drive and select my new external hard drive folder. Finally I Update database from...
My process: In MP configuration under Music>Music Folders I add a folder, title it External Hard Drive, and have it reference my...
My process: In MP configuration under Music>Music Folders I add a folder, title it External Hard Drive, and have it reference my...
Replies
Views
I have just recently got my 2 client TV-Server setup fully working. Everything seems to be working great, and once it's bedded in i'll be making a donation. However, something I would like to get working is letting the TV-Server go to sleep when it's not recording stuff or serving anything up. I have a number of shared folders for...
I have just recently got my 2 client TV-Server setup fully working. Everything seems to be working great, and once it's bedded in...
I have just recently got my 2 client TV-Server setup fully working. Everything seems to be working great, and once it's bedded in...
Replies
Views
I noticed that you can have more than one file specified for a given video in the database. What's the reasoning behind this?
I noticed that you can have more than one file specified for a given video in the database. What's the reasoning behind this?
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what happend to it becasue I know there used to be one.
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what...
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place. What happened to the Mediaportal manual in .pdf format? Just wondering what...
Replies
Views
Is there anyway I could fast forward to like half way through a track when using the winamp plugin?
Is there anyway I could fast forward to like half way through a track when using the winamp plugin?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 VFD problems DE
I have almost finished a new HTPC, using a nMediapc HTPC 280 case with the VFD suggested for the case. System info: OS-XPPro,MB-MSI RS480-IL, AMD 64 4000+, 2GB ram. Has anyone gotten MP to properly work with VFD, especially the Home Media Center. Most of the features work great except the MC portion displaying tv channel info, Movie...
I have almost finished a new HTPC, using a nMediapc HTPC 280 case with the VFD suggested for the case. System info: OS-XPPro,MB-MSI...
I have almost finished a new HTPC, using a nMediapc HTPC 280 case with the VFD suggested for the case. System info: OS-XPPro,MB-MSI...
Replies
Views
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as Hauppauge HVR-900). However, I just had a new weird idea: since I have a Linux box which is always on, do you think it is feasible to install VMware server running WinXP, connect the USB TV card and run a...
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as...
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as...
Replies
Views
Hi My question is about pls generator for Media Portal for inet radio, anybody know this kind program what giving possibility to write separate pls file e.g. from one country only or one gender like screamer radio? Becouse i wana make one and i want know how many people need like this pls files.
Hi My question is about pls generator for Media Portal for inet radio, anybody know this kind program what giving possibility to...
Hi My question is about pls generator for Media Portal for inet radio, anybody know this kind program what giving possibility to...
Replies
Views
I need the help!!! AverMedia Hybrid 316 MCE 316 Plus. Can Not include TVtuner in analog mode! in MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 Here is - log. help with adjustment. Excuse me for my english. :sorry:
I need the help!!! AverMedia Hybrid 316 MCE 316 Plus. Can Not include TVtuner in analog mode! in MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 Here is...
I need the help!!! AverMedia Hybrid 316 MCE 316 Plus. Can Not include TVtuner in analog mode! in MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 Here is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 External programs?? DE
i'm a failure, ignore me
i'm a failure, ignore me
i'm a failure, ignore me
Replies
Views
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time, but finally have my HTPC setup just right, grabbing OTA HD and projector all set-up. All done relatively on the cheap; spare parts PC, homemade antenna, DIY projector screen... My question: Is there a...
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time...
My first post, so I should start off with a huge thanks to all the developers, skinners, and plug-in makers! Took a bit of time...
Replies
Views
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in media player and any other program, the picture is great. what is the reason for that? if i understand correctly, i'm using the same decoder for all programs (ffdshow) thanks in advance, amit
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in...
hi there, when i'm trying to run xvid files in MP i get a very bright and colourless picture. when i play the same file in...
Replies
Views
I believe that my cover art (200 movies, art from 200k to 3mb) is slowing down and causing problems when viewing my movies. What is the recommended size you guys are using?
I believe that my cover art (200 movies, art from 200k to 3mb) is slowing down and causing problems when viewing my movies. What...
I believe that my cover art (200 movies, art from 200k to 3mb) is slowing down and causing problems when viewing my movies. What...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Radio .pls problem DE
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that MediaPortal lists them all and I have to select one of them. Is there no way to configure MediaPortal, such that I select the .pls and it takes care of automatically cycling through the servers until it gets...
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that...
Hi, Whenever a .pls for an internet radio station has more than one server(numberofentries>1) defined then it seems that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 need some hlp DE
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from control pannal but it lets me upto about 90 % then comes up with a code number ..... there must be some old insall some ware on my commputer .........:S
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from...
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from...
Replies
Views
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! – but I can’t figure out ‘how important’ it is to update the TVserver? (compared to the client!) Updating the client is nice and easy, but (hopefully) the –nice– developers make changes to the server-part...
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! –...
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! –...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV-Tip of the Day DE
I think it would be great, when I can see the Tv-Tip of the Day from Clickfinder (Tv-Movie) in Mediaportal. Because it is normally show in the Description form the EPG, and I must read all the description. A menu that shows the tip of the Day and the other highly-rating broadcast, wlould be great. A Plugin, or the Future-Release of...
I think it would be great, when I can see the Tv-Tip of the Day from Clickfinder (Tv-Movie) in Mediaportal. Because it is normally...
I think it would be great, when I can see the Tv-Tip of the Day from Clickfinder (Tv-Movie) in Mediaportal. Because it is normally...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Play Slow Motion DE
Hi all Is there a method/plugin to play recorded TV in slow motion? With watching the Olympics and the excellant quality of the recording, some times it would be great to watch some segments in slow motion. Cheers Craig PS. Got huge Wife Approval Rating the other day. Decided we wanted to do a Wind Trainer session together in...
Hi all Is there a method/plugin to play recorded TV in slow motion? With watching the Olympics and the excellant quality of the...
Hi all Is there a method/plugin to play recorded TV in slow motion? With watching the Olympics and the excellant quality of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just started playing around with MediaPortal but have run into a minor issue. I can playback AVI files just fine, MP3s and MKV files without any problems. But when I try and play a DVD, or even a DVD ripped to the harddrive (all the VOB files residing on the HDD), the audio is choppy and the video very jittery. At times it...
Hi all, Just started playing around with MediaPortal but have run into a minor issue. I can playback AVI files just fine, MP3s...
Hi all, Just started playing around with MediaPortal but have run into a minor issue. I can playback AVI files just fine, MP3s...
Replies
Views
I had my broadband internet connection finally upgraded the other week to fibre so I can now stream stuff without damn buffering! Anyway I really really like the thought of being able to add streams to my epg guide so I can add more music, sport channels etc. I'm no expert it chase anyone got vod server working correctly? Does anyone...
I had my broadband internet connection finally upgraded the other week to fibre so I can now stream stuff without damn buffering...
I had my broadband internet connection finally upgraded the other week to fibre so I can now stream stuff without damn buffering...
Replies
Views
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV server update. And same process on the client ? or the other way around? or are all the files totally seperate and dont' overwrite each other? The reason i ask is in the changelog it seems like the AC3 audio...
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV...
Is there any specific order that i should be updating the SVN releases? for example should i install MP SVN first then the TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AV Media problems DE
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side of card not working ''unable to create graph for this device" Mr Moz
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side...
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 7.1 channel ? DE
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel sound card inplace.
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel...
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel...
Replies
Views
Hi is there anyway of manually added more online databases to the movie database ?
Hi is there anyway of manually added more online databases to the movie database ?
Replies
Views
Hi, We have been testing an updated TsWriter.ax, which helps with freeview HD EPG grabbing. There is a possibility that this will break EPG grabbing for freesat users. The file can be downloaded from this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tswriter-ax-testing-urgent-help-needed-from-all-tv-users.106783/ If you...
Hi, We have been testing an updated TsWriter.ax, which helps with freeview HD EPG grabbing. There is a possibility that this...
Hi, We have been testing an updated TsWriter.ax, which helps with freeview HD EPG grabbing. There is a possibility that this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth MythTV XBOX modded w/ICE chip (+ XBMC, MythTV script, Avalaunch, etc, etc..) The setup works, but I barely know jack in Linux, so to do anything else in Linux (like dist. computing) is a PIA. So I...
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth...
Hi all, I am new and I need advice. Presently I run a HTPC w/: AMD AthlonXP 2800+ GeForce 5700 256MB sv-out 768MB KnoppMyth...
Replies
Views
Can you please help me complete this: http://tyve.se/johannes/htpc/HTPC_software_lineup.htm ? I'm specially interested in the things that isn't supported in different software. Also if I should add some other features. Best regards, Johannes
Can you please help me complete this: http://tyve.se/johannes/htpc/HTPC_software_lineup.htm ? I'm specially interested in the...
Can you please help me complete this: http://tyve.se/johannes/htpc/HTPC_software_lineup.htm ? I'm specially interested in the...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have been using mp for a while now and would like to add a capture card but have a question. I would like to get a black magic intensity card and hook up my cox digital cable box to it via hdmi. Will mp "stream" the video from the card to mp. Also, can I use a tv guide within mp to find channels and when i select a...
Hello all I have been using mp for a while now and would like to add a capture card but have a question. I would like to get a...
Hello all I have been using mp for a while now and would like to add a capture card but have a question. I would like to get a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD menu button DE
Hello. I see that MediaPortal (i am using now 1.13.0) has the possibility, in DVD playback, to return to the menu with the "Main menu" command. But the DVD standard has two buttons for calling the menu. How can i access the second button in MediaPortal? Is it implemented?
Hello. I see that MediaPortal (i am using now 1.13.0) has the possibility, in DVD playback, to return to the menu with the "Main...
Hello. I see that MediaPortal (i am using now 1.13.0) has the possibility, in DVD playback, to return to the menu with the "Main...
Replies
Views
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server, but I dont know how to display that movie using MediaPorta, is it considered as TV because it has a specific frequency? Thanks
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server...
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom