Newcomers Forum (43 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 Make a donation to MediaPortal (1 Viewer) DE
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal or just donate by creditcard. 2nd option does not require to create /have a PayPal account
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal...
The MediaPortal Project needs your help! To keep working on MediaPortal and add all new features / solve bugs we would appreciate...
Replies
Views
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our forums, then this sub forum is the perfect place to start. If you have general questions about MediaPortal (what it is, what it does) then feel free to post a thread here. When you start a support thread...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Replies
Views
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour. My Dell XPS 420 has such a setting, and I can choose between: Remain off after a power failure. Reboot after a power failure. If your system reboots, "TV Server" starts automatically (because it is a...
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I wish to build a new terrestrial Freeview PVR using a new PC. So I would welcome some advice on the...
Replies
Views
Hi mm1352000; Should we forget this fix? Regards.
Hi mm1352000; Should we forget this fix? Regards.
Hi, How can i configure my "uncommitted disceq" for working with mediaportal? i made it work with Dvb dream with some hex codes...
Replies
Views
Can anyone offer any advice on my last post?
Can anyone offer any advice on my last post?
Hi All, I have been using Media Portal for well over a year now and have everything working pretty well except one frustrating...
Replies
Views
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
I upgraded to MP1 1.17 and got an error when installing: "invalid file handler 32". I clicked ok and it installed anyway. Now when...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you didn't see any problems with the EPG while it was working. Mark
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you didn't see any problems with the EPG while it was working. Mark
Hi, Yesterday, my area of the UK finally fully cut over to digital and for the first time I had the HD channels from Freeview. I...
Replies
Views
AW: Annoying CI OSD asking continuously for Rights Check my try before you posted your modification was to: - catch the ci menu object - fill the ci dialog / notify dialog - set ci menu object = null - do modal. this way I need only the single variable without list. the thing I missed was the Reset() part.
AW: Annoying CI OSD asking continuously for Rights Check my try before you posted your modification was to: - catch the ci menu...
Hi, I could not figure out how to switch off the OSD of Common Interface which is always poping-up asking to check my rights...
Replies
Views
Thanks, again. Dave
Thanks, again. Dave
All is running fine except that the program guide only goes until midnight tonight even though I have indicated to hold 13 days...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Danes ... Help DE
This might be interesting for anyone who wants dolby digital 5.1 sound from DR1 HD. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/dvb-w-aac-5-1-ac3-5-1-guide-80544/#post602843 /gibman
This might be interesting for anyone who wants dolby digital 5.1 sound from DR1 HD...
Hey Sorry, but it seems that this problem is contry relatet, but you are all ofc very welcome to read and help. November the 1...
Replies
Views
OK, 1st off thanks for the plugin but how the hell is it supposed to pickup the STB's and learn the IR frequencies? All I see is a way to select a preset dropdown list (my box isnt on there). From what I can see, if your box isn;t in the STB list then you're buggered? PS I'm with Virgin Media in the UK- the biggest cable supplier in...
OK, 1st off thanks for the plugin but how the hell is it supposed to pickup the STB's and learn the IR frequencies? All I see is a...
Source#1: Dish Network (S-Video input) on Hauppauge PVR-150 (comes with 45-button remote & IR Blaster) Source#2: Hauppauge...
Replies
Views
I might have asked this before but I can't see that I have in this thread, so apologies if I've missed it. I was wondering if there's any way this could be adapted to allow other clients to access the TV Server? I'd prefer to keep the server using 192.168.2.1 so that it's still able to work and record programmes if the network goes...
I might have asked this before but I can't see that I have in this thread, so apologies if I've missed it. I was wondering if...
This is aimed at Singleseat users only, particularly those that may have a Wireless connection and randomly find TVServer has...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup (3 Viewers) DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
mm, All has been working fine until I just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 MP. I am using Hauppauge tuner and remote. After the upgrade, the remote does not do anything in MP and I get the message HCWHELPER has stopped working. Please let me know how I may get the remote working again if possible. Many thanks. Dave
mm, All has been working fine until I just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 MP. I am using Hauppauge tuner and remote. After the...
I have been looking for a replacement for my WMC as I prepare to move to Windows 10. Presently I am trying MP2 summer release on...
Replies
Views
Hello again Micah Thanks for the exceptionally clear info. :) From this information and your previous comment "I recently installed StreamedMP 1.7.8.3202" it seems clear to me that one of the plugins installed with StreamedMP is the likely cause of these problems, though the underlying issue is not clear to me. @ltfearme any...
Hello again Micah Thanks for the exceptionally clear info. :) From this information and your previous comment "I recently...
MediaPortal Install Guide 0. Introduction and pre-requisites MediaPortal is an open-source and free full-fledged HTPC front-end...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Goodbye MediaPortal DE
Thought I might get in my 2 cents worth. Started with MP last year and have been impressed with it - can view everything i have and mostly TV has been good except for recently when the stuttering has plagued things. Thought I would give W7 a shot with MC - never used it before because it doesn't get NZ DVB-T. Like you say, easy to...
Thought I might get in my 2 cents worth. Started with MP last year and have been impressed with it - can view everything i have and...
Hello I used Media portal without a TV card when it was in the early stages and liked it very much and couldn't wait to use it...
Replies
Views
starts great, plays images in a slideshow, then as much videos as in a row, but jumps out of slideshov after last video.
starts great, plays images in a slideshow, then as much videos as in a row, but jumps out of slideshov after last video.
Hi, I assume that many people take also videos with their digital cameras. So when you upload the pictures to your harddrive...
Replies
Views
I have tried both being new to the HTPC scene. I can honestly say, MP rocks, plug-in support, Streamed-MP even Windows 7 MCE cannot compare.Setup does get a bit frustrating but once you have everything running you will have a piece of heaven.
I have tried both being new to the HTPC scene. I can honestly say, MP rocks, plug-in support, Streamed-MP even Windows 7 MCE...
First let me be clear: I greatly appreciate the efforts of the programers and other volunteers on the mediaportal project. I can't...
Replies
Views
M
That may be part of the answer. WMC is not using the LAV CODEC. WMC is probably using a different CODEC for the AC3 in the MP TS than it is for the WMC files. Whatever AC3 CODEC WMC is using does have trouble controlling audio volume over HDMI. I have not tried controlling the volume out an analogue connector. Thanks.
That may be part of the answer. WMC is not using the LAV CODEC. WMC is probably using a different CODEC for the AC3 in the MP TS...
Hi, I have tried 3-4 times now to setup Media Portal as an alternative to Windows Media Centre without 100% satisfaction. Could I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Schedules Direct DE
I decided to have a look at the logs in notepad ... wasn't sure what I was looking at, but noticed that schedulesdirect couldn't find tvdb (something or other). so I compared the new MP install with an older one (Old Programs) and found a few inconsistencies in the folder items... so I copied over a few items over to the new install...
I decided to have a look at the logs in notepad ... wasn't sure what I was looking at, but noticed that schedulesdirect couldn't...
I just installed MediaPortal on my Windows 7 computer. I had it running with Schedules Direct on my old XP computer. I've...
Replies
Views
Just checking in, as I said before I would also be happy to assist in any way!!!
Just checking in, as I said before I would also be happy to assist in any way!!!
hello everyone I am new to mediaportal but not new to the ideas i am currently running windows vista media center as my home...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help me optimize MP DE
hey guys, I came back to mp, and for the most part enjoying the experience. I have a couple issues. When I click on manual control in the tv server settings it doesnt open and I cannot access to restart tv service. I am using schedulers direct and it seems i always have to force the guide update, hence the issue above. Right...
hey guys, I came back to mp, and for the most part enjoying the experience. I have a couple issues. When I click on manual...
Hello, I am new to MP and spent most of my day yesterday getting it to work. I have experience with MythTV, SageTV, and WM7. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 mce remote issues in windows 7 (2 Viewers) DE
@ kamsau it looks like you missed the same bit of information that i did. check here it solved my problem. now everything works again and i am a happy campers. now if updated versions of g-force worked w/ the current MP i would be even more happy....
@ kamsau it looks like you missed the same bit of information that i did. check here it solved my problem. now everything works...
hey guys! after installing win7 i have got this weird problem. my remote control wont work properly. MP doesnt recognize the...
Replies
Views
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new client a HTPC i want to run MP1 newest version as an client. You Think it can work with an old tvserver ? Cant upgrade cause an old windows 2003 server version..
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new...
Hello. I have used MP for several years now. But my HTPC crashed and now I have a new one with Windows 10. I have a few questions...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 newbie - missing webEPG? (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks guys. :)
Thanks guys. :)
Total newbie here! First time installed today... trying to bail on MS Media Center. I installed MP 2, but seem to be missing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 External player DE
For now no :( I'm busy with madVR branch and like i use all for internal player, it is not a priority on my own side lol. And also because i don't know how to do that without breaking a lot of code. So i prefer to tell that i will surely not working on this but maybe someone can help for sure :)
For now no :( I'm busy with madVR branch and like i use all for internal player, it is not a priority on my own side lol. And also...
I have been a long time user of Media Portal and finally got around to loading Win7. I am wondering if there is still a way to...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Done, thanks for reminding me :D
Done, thanks for reminding me :D
Hello All We are currently looking at returning weather back as part of the MediaPortal install, this should show fairly basic...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Editing videos DE
Wouldnt the obvious thing be to repeat the process of editing the file without the other processes running and to see if that was what was causing the problem?
Wouldnt the obvious thing be to repeat the process of editing the file without the other processes running and to see if that was...
Hi Is Media Portal capable of doing the below or do you know what software is? I am trying to find the most user friendly video...
Replies
Views
This would indicate that the RTSP Stream creation on your Server PC is faulty. The MP instance which is installed on the ServerPC, does not connect to an RTSP Stream. It just uses the *.tsbuffer files that TV-Server writes to your disk. Please do the following on the ServerPC. Start->all programs->Team...
This would indicate that the RTSP Stream creation on your Server PC is faulty. The MP instance which is installed on the ServerPC...
I have setup a MP client on a wired network at home. The TV server is recording everything I like and I can also view it on the TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New to HTPCs here DE
I will try it out, thank you :)
I will try it out, thank you :)
Hi everyone, A new comer to the world of HTPCs (not just MediaPortal or any other HTPC software for that matter) and a fair bit of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live TV subtitles? DE
No problems, look forward to the next release :)
No problems, look forward to the next release :)
Hi, I've just about got MP configured... including using subtitles on downloaded movies.... but I can't find anywhere to turn them...
Replies
Views
Thanks Owlsroost and Radioman :) Been really busy at work to try anything. However, I had a look at Radioman's EG script and it looked impressive :thx: I'm still pursuing the S510 media remote since it looks cool, I found it to be more responsive than the ATI RW. Nice feel to the buttons and nicely laid out. Not to mention that I...
Thanks Owlsroost and Radioman :) Been really busy at work to try anything. However, I had a look at Radioman's EG script and it...
I'm have trouble getting this setup, anyone tried and successfully using remote wonder? I've selected X10-ATI from the config...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom