Newcomers Forum (37 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 Make a donation to MediaPortal (1 Viewer) DE
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal or just donate by creditcard. 2nd option does not require to create /have a PayPal account
hi, you can use the form here: Donate | MediaPortal HTPC when you click on Donate (2 clicks) you can choose to login to PayPal...
The MediaPortal Project needs your help! To keep working on MediaPortal and add all new features / solve bugs we would appreciate...
Replies
Views
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our forums, then this sub forum is the perfect place to start. If you have general questions about MediaPortal (what it is, what it does) then feel free to post a thread here. When you start a support thread...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Welcome to The Newcomers Forum - Please read before posting Hello and welcome to MediaPortal. If you have just discovered our...
Replies
Views
I would like for my new HTPC Guide to be included. The Best HTPC Solution for Internet and Live HDTV in America http://montgomery1.com/htpc/ Regards, Clay
I would like for my new HTPC Guide to be included. The Best HTPC Solution for Internet and Live HDTV in America...
We're planning a reviews section on our homepage. For that we need a nice collection of articles and reviews we could link to or...
Replies
Views
I might have asked this before but I can't see that I have in this thread, so apologies if I've missed it. I was wondering if there's any way this could be adapted to allow other clients to access the TV Server? I'd prefer to keep the server using 192.168.2.1 so that it's still able to work and record programmes if the network goes...
I might have asked this before but I can't see that I have in this thread, so apologies if I've missed it. I was wondering if...
This is aimed at Singleseat users only, particularly those that may have a Wireless connection and randomly find TVServer has...
Replies
Views
Hello again Micah Thanks for the exceptionally clear info. :) From this information and your previous comment "I recently installed StreamedMP 1.7.8.3202" it seems clear to me that one of the plugins installed with StreamedMP is the likely cause of these problems, though the underlying issue is not clear to me. @ltfearme any...
Hello again Micah Thanks for the exceptionally clear info. :) From this information and your previous comment "I recently...
MediaPortal Install Guide 0. Introduction and pre-requisites MediaPortal is an open-source and free full-fledged HTPC front-end...
Replies
Views
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons about not to support the MDAPI here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=2438 Now lots of people dont like this policy and try to convince me and the team to add MDAPI support . (In...
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons...
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons...
Replies
Views
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But the Team MediaPortal simply does not have the required manpower to port MediaPortal to other operating systems and maintain this versions, since this is an opensource project. A few community members have...
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But...
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But...
Replies
Views
free ts player playing ts files fluently on windows
free ts player playing ts files fluently on windows
Hi everyone, I've searched the forums to no avail, but I'd be amazed if this hasn't been asked previously. Please direct me to...
Replies
Views
OK, 1st off thanks for the plugin but how the hell is it supposed to pickup the STB's and learn the IR frequencies? All I see is a way to select a preset dropdown list (my box isnt on there). From what I can see, if your box isn;t in the STB list then you're buggered? PS I'm with Virgin Media in the UK- the biggest cable supplier in...
OK, 1st off thanks for the plugin but how the hell is it supposed to pickup the STB's and learn the IR frequencies? All I see is a...
Source#1: Dish Network (S-Video input) on Hauppauge PVR-150 (comes with 45-button remote & IR Blaster) Source#2: Hauppauge...
Replies
Views
If I may, Blu-ray playback (or at least Blu-ray main movie playback) is possible directly from mediaportal without using an external program (btw thanks for your FAQ, it taught me how to maximize a video while browsing ;) )
If I may, Blu-ray playback (or at least Blu-ray main movie playback) is possible directly from mediaportal without using an...
My Own Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Sometimes, newcomers are not yet familiar with this forum's powerful search features and...
Replies
Views
@ kamsau it looks like you missed the same bit of information that i did. check here it solved my problem. now everything works again and i am a happy campers. now if updated versions of g-force worked w/ the current MP i would be even more happy....
@ kamsau it looks like you missed the same bit of information that i did. check here it solved my problem. now everything works...
hey guys! after installing win7 i have got this weird problem. my remote control wont work properly. MP doesnt recognize the...
Replies
Views
Hi mm1352000; Should we forget this fix? Regards.
Hi mm1352000; Should we forget this fix? Regards.
Hi, How can i configure my "uncommitted disceq" for working with mediaportal? i made it work with Dvb dream with some hex codes...
Replies
Views
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour. My Dell XPS 420 has such a setting, and I can choose between: Remain off after a power failure. Reboot after a power failure. If your system reboots, "TV Server" starts automatically (because it is a...
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I wish to build a new terrestrial Freeview PVR using a new PC. So I would welcome some advice on the...
Replies
Views
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes. (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)
I upgraded to MP1 1.17 and got an error when installing: "invalid file handler 32". I clicked ok and it installed anyway. Now when...
Replies
Views
Thanks, again. Dave
Thanks, again. Dave
All is running fine except that the program guide only goes until midnight tonight even though I have indicated to hold 13 days...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stream to Roku? DE
thought I might bump this. I love mediaportal and I love my roku(well nowtv box!) as mediaportal now supports more than RSTP streaming this seems worth revisiting?
thought I might bump this. I love mediaportal and I love my roku(well nowtv box!) as mediaportal now supports more than RSTP...
I've searched for the answer so apologies if this is covered elsewhere. Can MP stream tv to a Roku? I have a Roku SD.
Replies
Views
Thanks for your great help. I've found a solution for me: I have installed Powerscheduler ++ and konfigured it to wake up for various scenarios. But also kunfiguret it that Windows handles the standby. This seems to work until now. I have to test this now for a wile. I'll be back if i have still problems THX kleiner
Thanks for your great help. I've found a solution for me: I have installed Powerscheduler ++ and konfigured it to wake up for...
Hi, To me it seems a bit confusing how you are supposed to configure MediaPortal to wake up from standby to record. In my system...
Replies
Views
I am no longer using using IRSS. With the SHEF plugin I don't need it.
I am no longer using using IRSS. With the SHEF plugin I don't need it.
I am a SageTV refugee looking for a replacement. I am trying to setup a sample to decide if MP is for me. The first step is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 External player DE
For now no :( I'm busy with madVR branch and like i use all for internal player, it is not a priority on my own side lol. And also because i don't know how to do that without breaking a lot of code. So i prefer to tell that i will surely not working on this but maybe someone can help for sure :)
For now no :( I'm busy with madVR branch and like i use all for internal player, it is not a priority on my own side lol. And also...
I have been a long time user of Media Portal and finally got around to loading Win7. I am wondering if there is still a way to...
Replies
Views
Correct. I am able to watch TV in MP with my WinTV-HVR-950Q I started with a clean machine, downloaded the latest drivers and WinTV application (when you install WinTV i think it requires the original CD). Also, in TV Server Configuration, i am unable to preview channels. i get sound but no video. i only have the option...
Correct. I am able to watch TV in MP with my WinTV-HVR-950Q I started with a clean machine, downloaded the latest drivers and...
Does TV Server work for anyone? I don't understand why I can't find any channels but media center and every other program works...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled and downgraded to iMON version 6.01. In this version there is the Plugins option in the Frontview utility, but now the display did not work at all, and the remote was acting really weird... In this version there is support for Media Player - well something called 'wmplayer' anyway, so I assume that it is WMP...
I uninstalled and downgraded to iMON version 6.01. In this version there is the Plugins option in the Frontview utility, but now...
I have the Antec Veris Remote Max HTPC case and this has the iMON display and RM200 remote. I followed the instructions of the...
Replies
Views
Thanks aspik - yes I can watch TV inside MP1. I guess I assumed it was MediaPortal who developed the PVR client add-on for Kodi but obviously not! Thanks for the help - I'll track down the author and start over.
Thanks aspik - yes I can watch TV inside MP1. I guess I assumed it was MediaPortal who developed the PVR client add-on for Kodi but...
Hi! I've successfully installed MP2 server to my windows 7 pc today and was happy with how easily configured it was to identify my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Schedules Direct DE
I decided to have a look at the logs in notepad ... wasn't sure what I was looking at, but noticed that schedulesdirect couldn't find tvdb (something or other). so I compared the new MP install with an older one (Old Programs) and found a few inconsistencies in the folder items... so I copied over a few items over to the new install...
I decided to have a look at the logs in notepad ... wasn't sure what I was looking at, but noticed that schedulesdirect couldn't...
I just installed MediaPortal on my Windows 7 computer. I had it running with Schedules Direct on my old XP computer. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello, I also faced this type of problem. You can visit this usb tv tuner for pc, definitely you get best solution. I also preferred this and got best solution.
Hello, I also faced this type of problem. You can visit this usb tv tuner for pc, definitely you get best solution. I also...
Please bear with me on this, as I'm brand new with MediaPortal. I've installed MP1 on my Win8.1 PC ... and it looks great. I can...
Replies
Views
hollytech0103
H
Unfortunately I would have to say no. WMV is not exactly a standard broadcast encoding, and there is very unlikely to be any DVB wrapping (which is what the TV-oriented parts of TV Server and MediaPortal expect). Sorry...
Unfortunately I would have to say no. WMV is not exactly a standard broadcast encoding, and there is very unlikely to be any DVB...
How do I add IPTV channels to the tv server, so they show up in the Guide? The address for the channels are just set out as...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Goodbye MediaPortal DE
Thought I might get in my 2 cents worth. Started with MP last year and have been impressed with it - can view everything i have and mostly TV has been good except for recently when the stuttering has plagued things. Thought I would give W7 a shot with MC - never used it before because it doesn't get NZ DVB-T. Like you say, easy to...
Thought I might get in my 2 cents worth. Started with MP last year and have been impressed with it - can view everything i have and...
Hello I used Media portal without a TV card when it was in the early stages and liked it very much and couldn't wait to use it...
Replies
Views
+1 for BlackGold tuners. Got a BGT3600 (Dual T2 and Dual S2). Drivers in Win7 are simple and channel changing is pretty quick in MP. It wasn't cheap though - best part of £170.
+1 for BlackGold tuners. Got a BGT3600 (Dual T2 and Dual S2). Drivers in Win7 are simple and channel changing is pretty quick in...
Hi all How do I configure TV Server to point to free IPTV streams over the net in the UK? I note TVCatchup provides the Free to...
Replies
Views
mm, All has been working fine until I just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 MP. I am using Hauppauge tuner and remote. After the upgrade, the remote does not do anything in MP and I get the message HCWHELPER has stopped working. Please let me know how I may get the remote working again if possible. Many thanks. Dave
mm, All has been working fine until I just upgraded from 1.12 to 1.14 MP. I am using Hauppauge tuner and remote. After the...
I have been looking for a replacement for my WMC as I prepare to move to Windows 10. Presently I am trying MP2 summer release on...
Replies
Views
Just an update - I was still getting a few dropped frames after the SSD changeover - but these were completely solved by an upgrade to MP 1.3 Final. Whoopee!
Just an update - I was still getting a few dropped frames after the SSD changeover - but these were completely solved by an upgrade...
I had hoped that MediaPortal was the sanctuary at the end of a very long road. I still hope it can be - with a little help from you...
Replies
Views
Hi, @azzuro I thought you had some experience with Ambilight ;)
Hi, @azzuro I thought you had some experience with Ambilight ;)
So, I'll just come out and say that I am a very long time XBMC user and I had never even considered MediaPortal in my previous...
Replies
Views
I tried to hock up zap2it through the oz tv guide downloader and when i try to update the guide by clicking download new data now button in the application I get the following pop up message. Does any one know what this means and how to fix it. "Invalid argument to date encode!" which an Ok button. How should I continue. Thanks
I tried to hock up zap2it through the oz tv guide downloader and when i try to update the guide by clicking download new data now...
I am new to media potal and am having trouble getting the TV guide feature to work. I have attmepted to download tvxb but have...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: MP TV server - linux client Yes I am indeed the creator of the XBMC PVR client for MediaPortal. Done ;) Just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes the broken LiveTV stuff under Vista and Win 7. Grt, margro
Re: AW: MP TV server - linux client Yes I am indeed the creator of the XBMC PVR client for MediaPortal. Done ;) Just uploaded...
Hi all I'm looking for linux client to be able to stream from MP server (using 1.0.2.0 ver) can please somebody point me in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom