Newcomers Forum (53 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 [solved] EPG windows DE
So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for up and down keys. And it's Work! Really big thanks to you and the team that give this great mediacenter. Cheers ;)
So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for...
Hello, How to scroll the line in the epg windows with titan extended skin? I see the firts 11 channel lines but I cannot get the...
Replies
Views
I thought it worth mentioning in case someone else with the same problem finds this thread. Not even a long cable either, only 3-4m. Very weird.
I thought it worth mentioning in case someone else with the same problem finds this thread. Not even a long cable either, only...
Hi, new to forum, but not to MP. Have same issue with MP1 (1.19.0) and MP2 (2.1.3). Cannot find DVB-T2 TV channels on TV server...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] New Category DE
Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides "kid restrictions" :)
Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides...
Is it possible to add categories, or sub categories. For example I would love to have two folders for Series. 1 that has the ones...
Replies
Views
Yes, sorry I should have said I would report back if I ran into any problem, I didn't it all looks very good. Please note the fix has been included in the test release of MP 2. 2.4 so is not generally available to fix 2.3.*, not sure when 2.4 will be released so I guess you need to close it on the basis of a fix in the next release...
Yes, sorry I should have said I would report back if I ran into any problem, I didn't it all looks very good. Please note the fix...
Actions. Open MediaPortal2 32 bit. Close MediaPortal2 from the menu. Try to Open MediaPortal2 and nothing happens other than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, mine was Mediaportal2 server service
Thanks, mine was Mediaportal2 server service
how do I change the server service settings to delayed which gets around the time shift error, I cant find it anywhere on the mp
Replies
Views
Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI monitor instead of the old tiny VGA monitor it was hooked up to for testing and it worked fine. So must have been something related to that old monitor or drivers or whatever. Haven't yet checked to see if...
Solved VNC did also work with the new monitor setup OK, decided to go to the most basic level and hooked this PC up to an HDMI...
*Update Recordings do work and I can view them from the folder but can't thru the client. Link for "system specs" isn't working...
Replies
Views
Hi - Thanks for the information. The problem seems to have been solved, not sure what solved it but I re-installed all the codecs, I did find that I had more than one set of drivers for my tuner card which I have now removed. Regards John C
Hi - Thanks for the information. The problem seems to have been solved, not sure what solved it but I re-installed all the codecs...
Hi All I have installed MP2 on a WIN 10 platform using DVB-T tuner cards. Everything appears to have installed correctly, I can...
Replies
Views
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor".
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie...
Sorry "but there was to text movie summary (Q3). I can see the text summary in the editor". Should be "but there was NO text movie...
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimian & Lichloathe I have followed Instructions provided by CyberSimian and have successfully renumbered the Chanel 7 Stations Thanks to both of you for your interest in my problem Regards RussellH
Hi CyberSimian & Lichloathe I have followed Instructions provided by CyberSimian and have successfully renumbered the Chanel 7...
Hi I am new to Media Portal 1 Have tuned in all Brisbane Australia TV stations All are listed with their correct channel no i.e...
Replies
Views
Ok. Thanks again :)
Ok. Thanks again :)
Been using MediaPortal for some years, haven't used the Video Database until now though. Have some newbie questions. 1. Grabber to...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that worked perfectly Very much appreciate the prompt assistance! Mark
Thank you so much, that worked perfectly Very much appreciate the prompt assistance! Mark
Hi all, I'm new to MP & this forum, so apologies if I'm doing anything stupid here. I've recently built a Win10 PC to be my media...
Replies
Views
you can try the 1.19 PreRelease or wait the final version
you can try the 1.19 PreRelease or wait the final version
I spent several hours reading post after post on trying to get MP to load and play my BD ISO files with menus, without any luck...
Replies
Views
Yep port 555 did the trick. Thanks for your help.
Yep port 555 did the trick. Thanks for your help.
I have two Win10 PCs on my home network. One has MP2 server and client installed and this works fine. On the second PC I have...
Replies
Views
All solid now. My error :-(
All solid now. My error :-(
I have had several attempts to install MP2. Faults appear after the twin HD tuners have been installed, and the channel lists...
Replies
Views
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional information (e.g. content, actors, ...) and FanArt.
It allows to add for example movies, series or music files. MediaPortal will then manage the files and download additional...
I'm brand new to MediaPortal and ejoying getting to know it better. I have it installed OK and can view and record live TV. I set...
Replies
Views
Thanks MM for your prompt reply - it fixed the problem. Someone from NZ helping an Aussie - Great!
Thanks MM for your prompt reply - it fixed the problem. Someone from NZ helping an Aussie - Great!
I have been using MediaPortal (version 1.12.0) for over a year without any problems. I am now getting a picture but no sound. In...
Replies
Views
Hi there Very likely that the new router caused the problem. The new router can assign a new address to the machine that TV Server is installed on. TV Server needs to be reconfigured to take the new address into account.
Hi there Very likely that the new router caused the problem. The new router can assign a new address to the machine that TV Server...
I had MP1 working on a Windows 10 Pro computer I use as my media center. I replaced the router and installed FoxTel Play, then...
Replies
Views
It works. Thank you again :)
It works. Thank you again :)
Hello. A first thanks for all the people who work at the realization of MediaPortal :) I am planning to build an HTPC whose HDMI...
Replies
Views
Your the Man! :D:D:D:D:D:D (or lady, don't want to be sexist) The newly installed version 1.3 does the trick. I now can open the configuration utility and my Server shows! Thank you. I have one generic question to ask. Where would the appropriate forum be for that? Cheers
Your the Man! :D:D:D:D:D:D (or lady, don't want to be sexist) The newly installed version 1.3 does the trick. I now can open...
OK have read the suggested posts and changed hosts file as per sanderg. No joy as yet! I have installed after much much much...
Replies
Views
Success! I installed latest fanart handler, they're all back showing, Many Thanks for that, Cheers.
Success! I installed latest fanart handler, they're all back showing, Many Thanks for that, Cheers.
Hi, I've just installed the New Media Portal 1.1.3 and am using Default wide Hd (the new one) I'm having trouble accessing...
Replies
Views
That did it thanks!
That did it thanks!
I screwed it up this time. I got the new computer all setup for MP and tested. Then I went to replace our old one. We use 2...
Replies
Views
I resolved the above problem, and it *was* audio related: All audio from the server PC went mute and I finally rolled back the audio driver (AMD driver for HDMI output) and it has been working ever since. The HDMI audio driver came as part of a video driver update pushed from AMD. No more video card updates for me! Thanks for...
I resolved the above problem, and it *was* audio related: All audio from the server PC went mute and I finally rolled back the...
This month I installed the MP1 server on my server machine and MP1 as clients in machines 2 and 3. In both clients, playback is...
Replies
Views
Great, thanks for the update. :)
Great, thanks for the update. :)
Everything was working great and then Comcast messed everything up. Long story short I need to re-setup MediaPortal again. I...
Replies
Views
Me, too. That's quite enough initiation for a newcomer (i.e., me). Now that I have the lay of the land, any other posts I might make will be over on the heavy duty side, for sure. Thanks for everyone's patience and support.
Me, too. That's quite enough initiation for a newcomer (i.e., me). Now that I have the lay of the land, any other posts I might...
Five more hours into this ... and nothing. I read every Wiki on setup ... and then backed up and reinstalled everything. (At...
Replies
Views
Hi All I thought I had better share my experience with the forum as I am new to media portal only just two days ago downloaded the program after updating to windows 10 and finding trouble using my TV tuner which I a Hauppauge WinTV 885 dvbt tuner card. I tried updating the drivers for the card using the usual route by going into...
Hi All I thought I had better share my experience with the forum as I am new to media portal only just two days ago downloaded the...
Hi All I thought I had better share my experience with the forum as I am new to media portal only just two days ago downloaded the...
Replies
Views
Turns out that disabling 14:9 zoom did not work for TV. ViewModeSwitcher sounds promising, I'll give that a go.yep, that did the trick. thanks!
Turns out that disabling 14:9 zoom did not work for TV. ViewModeSwitcher sounds promising, I'll give that a go.yep, that did the...
Hi guys, I'm having a weird issue with DVD playback. I saw a similar issue with TV but I seem to have resolved that. Letterbox...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much indeed for such a comprehensive (and friendly!) reply. I'm looking at the Wiki now - and also deciding what computer to build for a media server... thinking Intel NUC. S :)
Thank you very much indeed for such a comprehensive (and friendly!) reply. I'm looking at the Wiki now - and also deciding what...
Hello, After hearing of the demise of Windows Media Center, and researching possible replacements, I think I've gone for Media...
Replies
Views
Hi Personnally, I use an Harmony One remote control with a Microsoft IR RC6 usb. The system works fine. I can control my TV, AVR, and Htpc with only one remote. About the Tv tuner, I use an HdHomerun Tuner of Silicondust. It's a network double tuner DVB-T. It works fine too.
Hi Personnally, I use an Harmony One remote control with a Microsoft IR RC6 usb. The system works fine. I can control my TV, AVR...
Hey guys/gals- Super new to this... Basically what i have set up is intel NUC, running Windows 7, dedicated HDMI line to my TV...
Replies
Views
cool! Glad you got it sorted :)
cool! Glad you got it sorted :)
Running Windows 7, on intel NUC. In config I ticked the box saying "in Home" When i launch MP moving pictures is no longer in...
Replies
Views
Thank you. Issue is fixed!
Thank you. Issue is fixed!
Hi, I use Mediaportal for a month for now and can say that I'm really enjoy it with all the features availble. The issue I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom