Newcomers Forum (46 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 Sourcode tagger DE
Which programming language is use for the tagger? I'm a retired freelance test- and QA manager who loves his music... Best regards, Willem Flutsch
Which programming language is use for the tagger? I'm a retired freelance test- and QA manager who loves his music... Best regards...
Which programming language is use for the tagger? I'm a retired freelance test- and QA manager who loves his music... Best regards...
Replies
Views
Hi first post I used winamp back in the day its the best for viz. I got amazon music streaming on my pc and cant figure out how to get it to work w winamp visualions ? Anyone with experince or knows if it will work let me know.
Hi first post I used winamp back in the day its the best for viz. I got amazon music streaming on my pc and cant figure out how to...
Hi first post I used winamp back in the day its the best for viz. I got amazon music streaming on my pc and cant figure out how to...
Replies
Views
I see only site printscreen. You need to run Mediaportal.exe
I see only site printscreen. You need to run Mediaportal.exe
After I managed to install basic components for the MP1, I had problems getting the main viewing screen to open, without going to...
Replies
Views
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour. My Dell XPS 420 has such a setting, and I can choose between: Remain off after a power failure. Reboot after a power failure. If your system reboots, "TV Server" starts automatically (because it is a...
If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I wish to build a new terrestrial Freeview PVR using a new PC. So I would welcome some advice on the...
Replies
Views
The Radio Time plugin (available in the MPExtention Manager) is still working (Win 10 MP 1.29pre) and will connect to the "TuneIn" internet radio application which covers the USA by state (loads and loads of stations) and the rest of the world as well. You will need to set up a free (not the premium trial) account on TuneIn TuneIn |...
The Radio Time plugin (available in the MPExtention Manager) is still working (Win 10 MP 1.29pre) and will connect to the "TuneIn"...
Will I need to install both NET Framework 3.5 and NET Framework 4 together? for MP1 application support for Windows 10. Are all...
Replies
Views
To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used. So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.
To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can...
After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record...
Replies
Views
This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the air. They don't charge anything for it, so I'm somewhat puzzled. As a matter of fact, I had Media Portal about 10 years or so ago..maybe longer as time flies. I know at the time, it was not free but...
Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the...
First, I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32. I use the program for Satellite and ATSC TV. I live in the US. ATSC TV channels...
Replies
Views
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c: And yep, we have wiki for answers :D
Hi All, I have been a WMC user for many years and have now decided to try something new. I tried Kodi but decided against it as...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 new user DE
"I've installed all this software on my desktop computer." is perhaps a clue. Is this PC somehow also physically connected to the smart TV? If not then you are going to struggle. The usual setup is that the PC running MP is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable so that to view the output from the PC you would switch the TV...
"I've installed all this software on my desktop computer." is perhaps a clue. Is this PC somehow also physically connected to...
Just installed MP2. When I click on the MP2 icon I get a full screen with the logo. No way to get out of it except to restart...
Replies
Views
Settings -> Players -> Video Player -> Subtitles -> Select ATSC Closed Captions. There does seem to be a bug with enabling/disabling ATSC subtitles from within the submenu. Also haven't been able to setup a function shortcut to enable/disable ATSC subtitles.
Settings -> Players -> Video Player -> Subtitles -> Select ATSC Closed Captions. There does seem to be a bug with...
I am using MP 2.3.2 64bit on Win10. For OTA TV here in the US, I can not figure out how to enable Closed Captioning/Subtitles. The...
Replies
Views
Yes, sorry I should have said I would report back if I ran into any problem, I didn't it all looks very good. Please note the fix has been included in the test release of MP 2. 2.4 so is not generally available to fix 2.3.*, not sure when 2.4 will be released so I guess you need to close it on the basis of a fix in the next release...
Yes, sorry I should have said I would report back if I ran into any problem, I didn't it all looks very good. Please note the fix...
Actions. Open MediaPortal2 32 bit. Close MediaPortal2 from the menu. Try to Open MediaPortal2 and nothing happens other than...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
MP looks like an attractive replacement for WMC, but unlike Kodi (which I just tried), I'm having a hard time getting my 3-tuner...
Replies
Views
Anu: I forgot where I communicated with you about tvportal a couple of days ago. I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5 running iPadOS14.4. It is connected to Mediaportal Server 1.27 on Windows 2012 R2 Server via IIS and Mpextended 0.7. Live TV and recordings play, but: you can't skip forward or back. The time line appears at...
Anu: I forgot where I communicated with you about tvportal a couple of days ago. I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5...
Hello to everyone I hope I am posing this in the correct place, I have tried to find an answer but couldn't find one hence my...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some guidance. I upgraded to TDS TV+ (a downgrade in my opinion) Apparently they are a some sort of IPTV or Android TV. I have a HD Homerun Prime with a cable card. TDS tells me that the cable card is now incompatible with my new TV+ service. I really enjoyed being able to watch TV periodically on my Windows 10 based...
I am looking for some guidance. I upgraded to TDS TV+ (a downgrade in my opinion) Apparently they are a some sort of IPTV or...
I am looking for some guidance. I upgraded to TDS TV+ (a downgrade in my opinion) Apparently they are a some sort of IPTV or...
Replies
Views
Why on wwiTV do some channels (Denmark in particular) quit streaming after a few minutes? I encounter this problem very rarely otherwise.
Why on wwiTV do some channels (Denmark in particular) quit streaming after a few minutes? I encounter this problem very rarely...
I have a Hauppauge dual usb tv receiver, using win tv. Windows 7. It does not always stop recording as programmed, so cannot record...
Replies
Views
Ran the solution and all works fine.
Ran the solution and all works fine.
The recorded BBC TV programmed playback shows Video and Sound for 3 seconds then the application crashes from the MediaPlayer...
Replies
Views
I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the box with MP2. Maybe other users may confirm, what they did or you tell us which remote you have. There is also an input device manager within MP2 which you can try.
I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the...
The MediaPortal2 setup guide indicates IR Remotes require IRSS. It links to this page, which indicates IRSS is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Hello, Unicable is possible, I'm using it successfully in my installation. But it totally depends on the driver of your tuner card. I'm using tuners from Digital Devices, eg. the Cine S2. The driver comes with a tool allowing configuration of normal or unicable mode and for mediaportal it always looks like a normal standard BDA tuner...
Hello, Unicable is possible, I'm using it successfully in my installation. But it totally depends on the driver of your tuner...
Hi, Im wondering if Medial Portal supports Unicable I or II directly. I tried configuring my card TBS6904 for this but cant see a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your effort, much appreciated. I found this old post in the forum about Teletext subtitles don't have different transmitted colors, so it looks like unfortunately mediaPortal will just display it it a single colour. I still think MediaPortal is probably the best replacement for WMC so far I've found (plus highly...
Thanks for your effort, much appreciated. I found this old post in the forum about Teletext subtitles don't have different...
I've just switched over from windows media centre to MediaPortal ( MediaPortal 1.26). Is there anyway to change the colour of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Im begging you guys DE
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku smart TV Phone Etc. Plex which I use works on everything and remote access is a piece of cake I paid for a lifetime account for these features. I would gladly pay for the equivalent features on media portal...
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku...
. Many years ago I used this product and it was wonderful with one major flaw. This will not work with any other device no roku...
Replies
Views
Yes, many of them, but not all. It depends on the used codec on the card if it is supported or not...
Yes, many of them, but not all. It depends on the used codec on the card if it is supported or not...
Hello. I just installed Media Portal 2 on my Win 10 Home PC, a HP Envy 23 all-in-one. I had to install the Windows pack and the...
Replies
Views
Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
Replies
Views
I've just tested by taking a copy of the file you mentioned above, than navigating to Settings -> Media Sources -> Network Credentials in the Media Portal Client. I tick the box to say "Use username and password..." (it is unticked every time I go into this setting), then enter the username and password and click OK. I went back to...
I've just tested by taking a copy of the file you mentioned above, than navigating to Settings -> Media Sources -> Network...
Hi All, I'm setting up Media Portal 2.2.3 on a new Windows 10 (2004) Build The first issue I've come across is that I can't...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup (1 Viewer) DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
Hmm. The watched-status flags are stored in the database, and the database is retained when you perform an update-install of MP (i.e. not a first-time install). So I would have expected the watched-status flags to be retained. Caveats: (1) If you update from a very-old version of MP, there might have been a change to the database...
Hmm. The watched-status flags are stored in the database, and the database is retained when you perform an update-install of MP...
Hi Team, I'm sure this would have been covered previously, but my search-foo has failed me tonight. Last time I updated MePo, all...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Installing Plugins DE
As mentioned by @CyberSimian MP2 has very few plugins the important ones e.g. Online Videos are included in the MP2 install. See the attached screenshot for all currently available MP2 plugins but make sure they are supported on which ever version you have. As far as I am aware unlike MP1 plugins which have an installer, MP2 plugins...
As mentioned by @CyberSimian MP2 has very few plugins the important ones e.g. Online Videos are included in the MP2 install. See...
I have just installed MP2 ver.2.2.3 (never used MP1). Many of the tutorials for Plugins have .exe files (are they for MP1 ? - lots...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Resume Playback Annoyance (1 Viewer) DE
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have attached the log of a session where I start a movie (August 6, 19:31:16), then it stops in a split second, then I start it again (at 19:31:24) and then it starts normal..
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have attached the log of a session where I start a movie (August 6, 19:31:16), then it stops...
Resuming playback has been an issue for me and has been an issue for many versions of MP. After stopping a program and then wanting...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for sharing that and yes it is not the same thing TMT could play Bluray disks etc.
Many thanks for sharing that and yes it is not the same thing TMT could play Bluray disks etc.
Hi All! Trying to watch live TV in Kodi 18.7x64 + MP 2.2.3 + TVServer Kodi plugin rev#143 (2.2.2) + Mediaportal PVR add-on (on the...
Replies
Views
Okay, great. Thanks again for your help :)
Okay, great. Thanks again for your help :)
Good morning, everybody, I have just discovered mediaportal and I find it interesting but there are two or three questions that I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom