News and Announcements (10 Viewers)

This forum store your comments about News and Blogentries posted by Team MediaPortal
me. ... in setup with accept or skip this setting.
me. ... in setup with accept or skip this setting.
MediaPortal is using the OneTrueError error analysis service. Please find the full blog here...
Replies
Views
Awesome configuration hints. I was really looking for guidance how to setup WebMP in a distributed environment. This guidance finally has been very helpful to make my videos, series and music to appear in the webMP menu. Many thanks for that.:)
Awesome configuration hints. I was really looking for guidance how to setup WebMP in a distributed environment. This guidance...
Replies
Views
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/6_Support/FAQ#Could_you_please_support_Windows_XP_and.2For_Windows_Vista.3F It's not only the skin engine. It's also the fact that there are not many devs using XP or vista anymore so we can not guarantee that everything is working as expected. Of course everybody is free to fork it and...
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/6_Support/FAQ#Could_you_please_support_Windows_XP_and.2For_Windows_Vista.3F It's...
Discussion thread for MediaPortal 2: What does it bring to the table?
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Yes, this tweak here is only for folders / shares view of videos, music, pictures. I have an other proposal that wil actually remove pin protected folders as we have them right now and handling child protection/media restriction on a global level for shares and db views. But that all goes beyond this small tweak I proposed here to...
Yes, this tweak here is only for folders / shares view of videos, music, pictures. I have an other proposal that wil actually...
A great way to customize the way MediaPortal presents content inside the graphical user interface is to take use of folder.jpg...
Replies
Views
Blog: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/team-blog/mediaportal-directshowfilters-restructuring
Blog: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/team-blog/mediaportal-directshowfilters-restructuring
Replies
Views
Did a clean MP install, no stutter anymore, not saying it was MP causing the issue but it's perfect now (y)
Did a clean MP install, no stutter anymore, not saying it was MP causing the issue but it's perfect now (y)
<p>It's been a bit quiet since the last remotes release (almost too quiet), little did you know - a lot has been going on in the...
Replies
Views
Hi Team, where i can post for feedback about new skin ?
Hi Team, where i can post for feedback about new skin ?
<h2 style="text-align: center;">A Taste of Things to Come #2</h2> <p style="text-align: center;">&nbsp;<iframe...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the kind words. I'll do another video for plugins next when a few more have been updated for 1.3 Alpha.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll do another video for plugins next when a few more have been updated for 1.3 Alpha.
Hi all! I had some spare time lately and decided I'd throw together a video guide for you all! Enjoy! Please post in the...
Replies
Views
Nice :) Thanks.
Nice :) Thanks.
A Taste of Things to Come Hello again, fellow MPers! Sorry for the long absence of my weekly blogs, but I am happy to announce...
Replies
Views
On one of the Ted Talks sessions, the presenter said that one of the great things about open source collaborative software development, is that a person can contribute by fixing the one thing that is important for him/her. Normally for commercial software there is analysis, and only the features that many people are interested are...
On one of the Ted Talks sessions, the presenter said that one of the great things about open source collaborative software...
What Sayeth You?: MyVideos #2 (1/21/2012) This week's blog, as the title implies, is our 2nd 'What Sayeth You?' blog, and it...
Replies
Views
:thx: Thanks for a very informative article. As it was in 2009, last year you kept us continuously informed about the action behind the schemes. This made the time more bearable while we waited for the awesomeness of 1.2. Your contribution to the community is significant and greatly appreciated. A big Thanks. :thx:
:thx: Thanks for a very informative article. As it was in 2009, last year you kept us continuously informed about the action...
First, thanks to all who proposed suggestions in the Top Ten Developments of 2011 thread and voted on the poll. Although the...
Replies
Views
Nice :D
Nice :D
******************Note From Author****************** Okay guys and gals, we are back to blogging! Due to the busyness off the...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
I have published the results in a Blog: Your Top Ten Developments of 2011 with highlights of the major developments and started a new thread where you can post your comments/reactions. I have closed the poll now. Thanks again for all your great suggestions and votes.
I have published the results in a Blog: Your Top Ten Developments of 2011 with highlights of the major developments and started a...
As I posted in the Blog: Top Ten Developments of 2011, you may respond to this thread with what you think were the major...
Replies
Views
Yes, I also tend to forget the multiple menu layouts. Thanks for reminding us Lyfesaver74, good post.
Yes, I also tend to forget the multiple menu layouts. Thanks for reminding us Lyfesaver74, good post.
While You Were Sleeping: Skins #2 (12/2/11) Lots of action has happened this past month in the world of MediaPortal Skins...
Replies
Views
AW: On the Couch: Deda YEAH, Sonic Youth.. :D
AW: On the Couch: Deda YEAH, Sonic Youth.. :D
On the Couch: Deda #4 (12/5/11) I did not put anyone on the couch last week as i.Loop posted a News article, but we are back...
Replies
Views
Indeed, thank you! It's nice to know what is happening behind the curtains. :)
Indeed, thank you! It's nice to know what is happening behind the curtains. :)
Team Update Blog #2 (11/3/11) I know everyone was hoping that this weeks blog would focus on the details of my “Electric...
Replies
Views
For those who dont know..... I was joking... dont send me any essays =)
For those who dont know..... I was joking... dont send me any essays =)
While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #2 (11/26/11) Okay, Okay... Settle down. It is time for you learn a few things about...
Replies
Views
The God: Fantastic plugin The Bad: A minor annoyance. I am of the type that can't stop mucking around with my HTPC... I have lost count of the times I have lost the database of what TV shows I have already watched (fresh Mediaportal installation, reorganized file storage...). It would be nice to have the option to export and...
The God: Fantastic plugin The Bad: A minor annoyance. I am of the type that can't stop mucking around with my HTPC... I have...
*********Note From Author********* First off, want to say for not putting someone on the couch this past Monday. The original...
Replies
Views
Well, guess I must then admit that the 3 guys I "know" from Texas are pretty cool. Nice reading and thanks for all the contributions.
Well, guess I must then admit that the 3 guys I "know" from Texas are pretty cool. Nice reading and thanks for all the contributions.
On the Couch: TravisTX #3 (11/20/11) On the couch with us today is TravisTX, or Travis Collins to those of you who are still...
Replies
Views
I just want to say thanks to rogerleifert. It is all too easy to moan that things are not documented or working as they should but all users should remember that MP is an open source product and that includes the wiki. Each and every forum member is able to update the documentation where they find issues and in doing so this frees...
I just want to say thanks to rogerleifert. It is all too easy to moan that things are not documented or working as they should but...
Our MediaPortal forums are famous for the level of support they provide from 'expert' users and even MediaPortal developers...
Replies
Views
Thanks ysmp, but like I said in the blog, I talked about those skins because the developers took the time to tell me that their skins have been updated. Each skinner and developer needs to take 3-5 mins out of their busy schedule and drop me a PM. All it has to say is "Hi Chad. My skin, called GrapeJuice, has had some updates since...
Thanks ysmp, but like I said in the blog, I talked about those skins because the developers took the time to tell me that their...
While You Were Sleeping: Skins #1 *************Note from the Author*************** Here is our first WYWS: Skins blog. First off I...
Replies
Views
Robbo, You will still need a third party product to handle "copy protection" - if thats what you mean? J.
Robbo, You will still need a third party product to handle "copy protection" - if thats what you mean? J.
Team Update Blog #1 Hello, my friendly MePo fans! Your team members have been hard at work trying new things, overcoming...
Replies
Views
lol
lol
On the Couch: fforde #2 (11/7/2011) This week we have John Conrad (fforde) on the couch. Most of you already know him, or his...
Replies
Views
WiFiManager can be found here: MEDIAPORTAL - WiFiManager
WiFiManager can be found here: MEDIAPORTAL - WiFiManager
Hello, fellow MePo’rs! Lyfesaver here, and I just wanted to fill you in on some things that you may (or may not) have missed. What...
Replies
Views
I sooooooooo want to slap you right now!!!!! =) One can not tell you who Eddie Izzard is..... one must show you Eddie Izzard - St. Paul's letters - YouTube Also, he starred in The Riches and was in Ocean's 12 and Ocean's 13, plus many other things... but he is most famous for his stand up =)
I sooooooooo want to slap you right now!!!!! =) One can not tell you who Eddie Izzard is..... one must show you Eddie Izzard -...
******************************Note From The Blogger******************************* On the Couch will be a weekly blog, each week...
Replies
Views
It is quite obvious that there is no x86 application support on ARM platfrom. They are completely different CPU architectures so it would require emulation - and since ARM is much slower architecture right now it would be really slow in running the emulated x86 code.
It is quite obvious that there is no x86 application support on ARM platfrom. They are completely different CPU architectures so it...
The newest MediaPortal blog entry gives you an overview of everything mobile going on at the moment. Read the blog here.
Replies
Views
Its online now LINKY Edit- didnt read post above me since i didnt get email saying new post (since it was edit)
Its online now LINKY Edit- didnt read post above me since i didnt get email saying new post (since it was edit)
Come join Lyfesaver74 & DieBagger as MediaPortal takes to the air, live at a California AM radio station on Tuesday August 23rd at...
Replies
Views
Nope -> File:ARS cucumber.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
Nope -> File:ARS cucumber.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
Read the blog here and comment below :)
Replies
Views
I think Dukus had used it on his plugins - RadioTime, YouTube.fm, but perhaps I was just testing it for him at the time. Basically it looks the same as in the Extensions plugin when the orange update icon displays if an update is available (see screenshot). My understanding is that if an extension uses MPEI then they can add...
I think Dukus had used it on his plugins - RadioTime, YouTube.fm, but perhaps I was just testing it for him at the time...
It's time to improve public awareness about MediaPortal! Why? So more people know: MediaPortal offers a free alternative to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Blog] Promoting your Extension (1 Viewer) DE
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So promoting extensions is just as important as promoting MediaPortal. In fact, extensions can be more topical or newsworthy because they can respond more quickly to our needs, latest trends, or provide specific...
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So...
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom