News and Announcements (14 Viewers)

This forum store your comments about News and Blogentries posted by Team MediaPortal
Re : Select Language in Wiki I thing it could be also a great thing to get the main website page in french too. It works already fine with English and German. Give the possibility to get the main page in the good language is a way to invite people to go further. If you wanna find someone to do the job, I would be happy to...
Re : Select Language in Wiki I thing it could be also a great thing to get the main website page in french too. It works already...
You may have noticed there is a new option in our Wiki: Select Language. It displays on the top left of every Wiki page above the...
Replies
Views
Indeed, thank you! It's nice to know what is happening behind the curtains. :)
Indeed, thank you! It's nice to know what is happening behind the curtains. :)
Team Update Blog #2 (11/3/11) I know everyone was hoping that this weeks blog would focus on the details of my “Electric...
Replies
Views
For those who dont know..... I was joking... dont send me any essays =)
For those who dont know..... I was joking... dont send me any essays =)
While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #2 (11/26/11) Okay, Okay... Settle down. It is time for you learn a few things about...
Replies
Views
The God: Fantastic plugin The Bad: A minor annoyance. I am of the type that can't stop mucking around with my HTPC... I have lost count of the times I have lost the database of what TV shows I have already watched (fresh Mediaportal installation, reorganized file storage...). It would be nice to have the option to export and...
The God: Fantastic plugin The Bad: A minor annoyance. I am of the type that can't stop mucking around with my HTPC... I have...
*********Note From Author********* First off, want to say for not putting someone on the couch this past Monday. The original...
Replies
Views
Well, guess I must then admit that the 3 guys I "know" from Texas are pretty cool. Nice reading and thanks for all the contributions.
Well, guess I must then admit that the 3 guys I "know" from Texas are pretty cool. Nice reading and thanks for all the contributions.
On the Couch: TravisTX #3 (11/20/11) On the couch with us today is TravisTX, or Travis Collins to those of you who are still...
Replies
Views
I just want to say thanks to rogerleifert. It is all too easy to moan that things are not documented or working as they should but all users should remember that MP is an open source product and that includes the wiki. Each and every forum member is able to update the documentation where they find issues and in doing so this frees...
I just want to say thanks to rogerleifert. It is all too easy to moan that things are not documented or working as they should but...
Our MediaPortal forums are famous for the level of support they provide from 'expert' users and even MediaPortal developers...
Replies
Views
Thanks ysmp, but like I said in the blog, I talked about those skins because the developers took the time to tell me that their skins have been updated. Each skinner and developer needs to take 3-5 mins out of their busy schedule and drop me a PM. All it has to say is "Hi Chad. My skin, called GrapeJuice, has had some updates since...
Thanks ysmp, but like I said in the blog, I talked about those skins because the developers took the time to tell me that their...
While You Were Sleeping: Skins #1 *************Note from the Author*************** Here is our first WYWS: Skins blog. First off I...
Replies
Views
Robbo, You will still need a third party product to handle "copy protection" - if thats what you mean? J.
Robbo, You will still need a third party product to handle "copy protection" - if thats what you mean? J.
Team Update Blog #1 Hello, my friendly MePo fans! Your team members have been hard at work trying new things, overcoming...
Replies
Views
lol
lol
On the Couch: fforde #2 (11/7/2011) This week we have John Conrad (fforde) on the couch. Most of you already know him, or his...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released! With your build system it should be quite easy to integrate that. Just run git.exe symbolic-ref HEAD and put the output of that somewhere in a global file. Maybe strip the refs/heads/ part when printing it in the logs, but that's also quite easy. Given that you already use batch scripts for...
Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released! With your build system it should be quite easy to integrate that. Just run git.exe...
Today we release MediaPortal 1.2.1. the purpose of this release is to increase stability. So you will not find any new features...
Replies
Views
WiFiManager can be found here: MEDIAPORTAL - WiFiManager
WiFiManager can be found here: MEDIAPORTAL - WiFiManager
Hello, fellow MePo’rs! Lyfesaver here, and I just wanted to fill you in on some things that you may (or may not) have missed. What...
Replies
Views
I sooooooooo want to slap you right now!!!!! =) One can not tell you who Eddie Izzard is..... one must show you Eddie Izzard - St. Paul's letters - YouTube Also, he starred in The Riches and was in Ocean's 12 and Ocean's 13, plus many other things... but he is most famous for his stand up =)
I sooooooooo want to slap you right now!!!!! =) One can not tell you who Eddie Izzard is..... one must show you Eddie Izzard -...
******************************Note From The Blogger******************************* On the Couch will be a weekly blog, each week...
Replies
Views
svn is locked since a bit more than 2 weeks. we are still in the process of moving our sourcecode to github and change all buildscripts, etc. to be git compatible. this is a lot of work.
svn is locked since a bit more than 2 weeks. we are still in the process of moving our sourcecode to github and change all...
After 1.2.0 final, the development model of MediaPortal 1 will be changed quite a lot. Have a look at the news to find out about...
Replies
Views
:thx: I've upgraded my server and 5 client PCs without any issues whatsoever. (I did have to backup my schedules, wipe all channels, retune and restore my schedules because of the double retune in my area recently) Here is a list of awesome stuff in this release IMO ... speed increases, the whole UI feels quite snappy now...
:thx: I've upgraded my server and 5 client PCs without any issues whatsoever. (I did have to backup my schedules, wipe all...
"finally" :D, we release 1.2.0 final! Please take a look at the release news I just published on the homepage. If you find a...
Replies
Views
Thankyou so much to anyone who has contributed anything to this great piece of software. Looking forward to trying this new version. Damn working shifts for the next 3 days :-(
Thankyou so much to anyone who has contributed anything to this great piece of software. Looking forward to trying this new...
Just released a news regarding the release details of 1.2.0 final. :)...
Replies
Views
It is quite obvious that there is no x86 application support on ARM platfrom. They are completely different CPU architectures so it would require emulation - and since ARM is much slower architecture right now it would be really slow in running the emulated x86 code.
It is quite obvious that there is no x86 application support on ARM platfrom. They are completely different CPU architectures so it...
The newest MediaPortal blog entry gives you an overview of everything mobile going on at the moment. Read the blog here.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] 1.2.0 rc released! (1 Viewer) DE
AW: 1.2.0 rc released! I know the MPEI, it´s a great feature! So far MP 1.2 RC works great for me, the most things I need are available. But you´re right, it would be the, if all Plugins/Skins where for the MPEI
AW: 1.2.0 rc released! I know the MPEI, it´s a great feature! So far MP 1.2 RC works great for me, the most things I need are...
There is no better way to start a new week than with a MP release. Especially when it is an RC. :) If all goes according to...
Replies
Views
McDee 1. this is english thread, so post on english here 2. 1.2Alpha is very old, there is 1.2beta exists, though i would wait until tomorrow when 1.2RC will be released, and install it.
McDee 1. this is english thread, so post on english here 2. 1.2Alpha is very old, there is 1.2beta exists, though i would wait...
We are very happy to announce the release of MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA! Despite the fact that it allready is quite stable, it is...
Replies
Views
Its online now LINKY Edit- didnt read post above me since i didnt get email saying new post (since it was edit)
Its online now LINKY Edit- didnt read post above me since i didnt get email saying new post (since it was edit)
Come join Lyfesaver74 & DieBagger as MediaPortal takes to the air, live at a California AM radio station on Tuesday August 23rd at...
Replies
Views
Nope -> File:ARS cucumber.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
Nope -> File:ARS cucumber.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
Read the blog here and comment below :)
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Blog] Promoting MediaPortal (1 Viewer) DE
I think Dukus had used it on his plugins - RadioTime, YouTube.fm, but perhaps I was just testing it for him at the time. Basically it looks the same as in the Extensions plugin when the orange update icon displays if an update is available (see screenshot). My understanding is that if an extension uses MPEI then they can add...
I think Dukus had used it on his plugins - RadioTime, YouTube.fm, but perhaps I was just testing it for him at the time...
It's time to improve public awareness about MediaPortal! Why? So more people know: MediaPortal offers a free alternative to...
Replies
Views
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So promoting extensions is just as important as promoting MediaPortal. In fact, extensions can be more topical or newsworthy because they can respond more quickly to our needs, latest trends, or provide specific...
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So...
We all know how important extensions are to MediaPortal. Most of us cannot live without our favorite skins or plugins. So...
Replies
Views
^ What he said! I actually think the two first have a PR-potential :D
^ What he said! I actually think the two first have a PR-potential :D
For the first time in history MediaPortal will be on display at the BigDesign Conference 2011 - July 15-16, Crowne Plaza Hotel...
Replies
Views
Generaly speaking, everyone who wants to submit articles for the blog is welcome! Just send me a pm. :)
Generaly speaking, everyone who wants to submit articles for the blog is welcome! Just send me a pm. :)
One of my main goals is to continuously enhance the communication between the team and the community, but also inside the...
Replies
Views
I thought most companys block .exe files from being downloaded anyway, the ones I have worked in always have done.
I thought most companys block .exe files from being downloaded anyway, the ones I have worked in always have done.
Today we released MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta! Have a look at the release news for detailed infos about this release and the download...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal 2 progress report :-P
AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal 2 progress report :-P
Hi guys and gals, The last progress report for the MediaPortal 2 system was long ago and since then, many things were done. And I...
Replies
Views
Looking for 1.2.0 beta compatible plugins? Or plugin documentation added to the Wiki? Find it all in my latest Blog: Plugins Documented in Wiki
Looking for 1.2.0 beta compatible plugins? Or plugin documentation added to the Wiki? Find it all in my latest Blog: Plugins...
Looking for 1.2.0 beta compatible plugins? Or plugin documentation added to the Wiki? Find it all in my latest Blog: Plugins...
Replies
Views
Thanks Dadeo. In the meantime, the WAF plummeted with the Default 4:3 skin (sorry guys, I DO appreciate the work in developing a good example skin). I'm having to change a lot of text sizes (for almost everything) and move a few things around to make room, and make a few adjustments in design aesthetics for personal preferences. On...
Thanks Dadeo. In the meantime, the WAF plummeted with the Default 4:3 skin (sorry guys, I DO appreciate the work in developing a...
Those of you who follow us on facebook and twitter allready knew that something was coming. Today we let the cat out of the bag...
Replies
Views
Learning About MP 1.2.0 beta Here is a bit of a summary to help you all get up to speed on the changes and additions to MP 1.2.0 beta. If I missed any important ones, please add them here and I will include them in the Blog. Thanks!
Learning About MP 1.2.0 beta Here is a bit of a summary to help you all get up to speed on the changes and additions to MP 1.2.0...
Learning About MP 1.2.0 beta Here is a bit of a summary to help you all get up to speed on the changes and additions to MP 1.2.0...
Replies
Views
would you be so kind (again) to share a screenshot of a unstepped edge? :D Vff
would you be so kind (again) to share a screenshot of a unstepped edge? :D Vff
Read the blog here .
Replies
Views
Top Bottom