Operating System (7 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
wrong thread
wrong thread
Hi folks, I have the following problem: When I resume from sleep mode OR when I switch my TV on, while my HTPC is already...
Replies
Views
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The pin 19 trick never worked on the 680. It just caused MediaPortal to crash in a slightly more graceful way. Using a HDMI doctor worked 90% of the time but it seems like an expensive fix for what is...
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The...
If you are a HDMI + audio over HDMI / AVR user then this thread can be a bit depressing for you. Now you are warned :) I recently...
Replies
Views
OK, found it out
OK, found it out
Microsoft unvield their new OS last night and there wasn't really that much news for HTPC-enthusiasts. One thing that was confirmed...
Replies
Views
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going blind! thanks again
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going...
After upgrading my MediaPortal in the living room from Windows 7 to 10 I noticed a new volume OSD in the top left corner of the...
Replies
Views
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
Hi guys ive just spent the day upgrading my HTPC with a new SSD and blu ray disc and in doing so installed windows 7 to take full...
Replies
Views
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
ACM DOES NOT OFFER WINDOWS 7 ANYMORE THIS STILL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK IF YOU'RE NOT A STUDENT...
Replies
Views
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I have not extensively tested this. It simply was there each time the PC woke up again. But the other setting(s) are certainly interesting. I was not aware that ther was a general way of deactivating energy...
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I...
Tagging: @azzuro , @RicoHTPC , @Brudertac Hello community, Problem: The USB IR receiver is not functioning anymore after the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without activating the full Administrator. The routine can also include any other tasks such as disk defrag, disk cleanup etc etc run through a command line. Let me know if you are interested and I will drop some...
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without...
Hi All, I have decided to create a task using Task Scheduler to preiodically reboot my machine automatically. I have done this...
Replies
Views
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy understanding of audio sync is latency is handled by the standard automatically. If you're adjusting the audio delay do it in MP not your amp as the amp will adjust for everything it receives over the HDMI link which...
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy...
As the thread title suggests, I'm having issues with Windows set to 5.1 speakers config. My HTPC is connected with an hdmi lead to...
Replies
Views
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Hi. Just a quick query regarding windows and the little icon previews it makes of your videos for you. Basically, I've got a load...
Replies
Views
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then off then on again as directed by configuration. I was hoping you would have a simple piece of code that could be used in c# console. eg. I could run the code when tv on + off and look for a difference...
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then...
Hi, I am unsure where to post this. Is it possible, somehow, to detect that the TV/Monitor is turned off, and then shutdown the...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall driver (something like that, got Swedish windows). Rebooted and windows installed the generic driver. Unfortunately this does not always work, windows can cache (older?) drivers and installs them agian...
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall...
Hello - I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a very annoying problem I keep having with my HTPC. Since upgrading to Windows...
Replies
Views
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Yesterday Microsoft released the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows 2008. Anyone has applied it already on a PC with...
Replies
Views
Bad boy hehe
Bad boy hehe
Hi all, I have a Win 7 client and a Win 8 server PC. With all the hype of Windows 8, I was wondering if I should just stick with...
Replies
Views
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal lies /program files (x86)/ so they need to be customized or have problems on 64bit. This is probably not really an isssue for the newer well written plugins.
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal...
Hi, I'm going to setup a HTPC with MediaPortal. The box is a Asrock ION 330. So my question is witch OS should I use...
Replies
Views
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the fact I can lock it down so he can't mess with it and if he does when it reboots the next night it fixed.It on a cf drive 4 gb with touch monitor the hole pc is the size of monitor .but why I'm doing it is not...
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the...
Watching the latest episode of Windows Weekly, and there is alot of talk about Windows Embedded, where the latest version has just...
Replies
Views
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Easy TIME and you forget, even mine is not fully upto date :(
Ive been out of the MP loop for a year or so now (im still running 1.0.1 on WinXP), but the stability and a few gliches with my...
Replies
Views
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by Iron Portable (although I don't know why it wasn't causing them previously) but don't seem to make the latency unacceptably high, so I'm not too worried about those. However, when starting TV the first...
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by...
I was having trouble with audio/video glitches and seemed to have tracked down the cause of the high DPC spikes to Outpost Security...
Replies
Views
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you have to enable wakeup on pci(e) in bios to get it working...
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you...
Hi everyone! This Problem is the last one i have to fix for getting a 100% WAF :) - I am using MediaPortal 1.2.2 incl. TVServer...
Replies
Views
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network connection continously. It seems the routine is caught in an endless loopback. I'll go and buy a discrete NIC now.
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network...
Hello all, I ran out of options to solve the following problem and I need your advice. After return from standby or...
Replies
Views
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
Has anyone successfully installed MP2 on Windows 10? I installed MP2 on Windows 8.1 Home BEFORE upgrading. That seems to be fine...
Replies
Views
I think +1 for that! VdR
I think +1 for that! VdR
Hi, could someone help me setting my server to sleep during night? I have used SetPower to create the appropiate power plans to...
Replies
Views
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung and the same cable. Thks
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung...
Hi Everybody, I come here after many search on the web, and if you can help me to solve my problem. My configuration ...
Replies
Views
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest account is off). I had to delete the credentials to force a new request for credentials. Now I have two additional accounts for network access on the MP server, one MP client to allow read access and one MP...
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest...
I just updated my MP server from XP to W7 ultimate. All clients already run on W7. I can't get the file sharing to work. Whatever...
Replies
Views
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset hardware/driver and/or BIOS. In such cases the fault could be on either side. I cannot do anything with such problems. If you haven't already done so, please report the problem to DD and your motherboard vendor.
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset...
Hi, since I have Windows 10 I have a lot of BlueScreens, just today it were 4 in sum. I'm really tired of the aweful driver...
Replies
Views
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay graphics/animations.
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay...
MP is *everything* in out living room - no TV or other junk. - needs a stable platform. until now running on a mobile Intel 1,7ghz...
Replies
Views
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've always avoided it due to the belief that it is bloated for the requirement.
Interesting post. I'm about to tackle a well needed reinstall of my htpc and might just go to Vista given the comments here. I've...
running media portal on an older PC which needs a cpu upgrade to run 720p (working on that) but my question is, if i intend to ONLY...
Replies
Views
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
I'm currently using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 on my HTPC, but i'm now considering my options due to my next format. After...
Replies
Views
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-Extension extension for my http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-Cine-C/T/T2-V7-Dual-DVB-C/DVB-T/T2-PCIe
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying...
Hi, i have a problem with esxi and tvcard passthroughing. When i put in the tvcard esxi doesnt see the card, not in console or in...
Replies
Views
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I followed same approach with JMM server & myanime 3 plugin, and it works great. Thank you very much for your support.
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I...
I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this. But I need some help. My motherboard died on my HTPC. So I took...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom