Operating System (6 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
wrong thread
wrong thread
Hi folks, I have the following problem: When I resume from sleep mode OR when I switch my TV on, while my HTPC is already...
Replies
Views
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The pin 19 trick never worked on the 680. It just caused MediaPortal to crash in a slightly more graceful way. Using a HDMI doctor worked 90% of the time but it seems like an expensive fix for what is...
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The...
If you are a HDMI + audio over HDMI / AVR user then this thread can be a bit depressing for you. Now you are warned :) I recently...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall driver (something like that, got Swedish windows). Rebooted and windows installed the generic driver. Unfortunately this does not always work, windows can cache (older?) drivers and installs them agian...
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall...
Hello - I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a very annoying problem I keep having with my HTPC. Since upgrading to Windows...
Replies
Views
OK, found it out
OK, found it out
Microsoft unvield their new OS last night and there wasn't really that much news for HTPC-enthusiasts. One thing that was confirmed...
Replies
Views
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
Hi guys ive just spent the day upgrading my HTPC with a new SSD and blu ray disc and in doing so installed windows 7 to take full...
Replies
Views
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going blind! thanks again
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going...
After upgrading my MediaPortal in the living room from Windows 7 to 10 I noticed a new volume OSD in the top left corner of the...
Replies
Views
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by Iron Portable (although I don't know why it wasn't causing them previously) but don't seem to make the latency unacceptably high, so I'm not too worried about those. However, when starting TV the first...
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by...
I was having trouble with audio/video glitches and seemed to have tracked down the cause of the high DPC spikes to Outpost Security...
Replies
Views
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
[Hello i am a mediportal's fan, and i buy a Apple, when we have a Apple version. Thanks :S
Replies
Views
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
Windows Vista loads many services at startup, most of them are essential for the core system features. By disabling unnecessary...
Replies
Views
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
Has anyone successfully installed MP2 on Windows 10? I installed MP2 on Windows 8.1 Home BEFORE upgrading. That seems to be fine...
Replies
Views
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you have to enable wakeup on pci(e) in bios to get it working...
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you...
Hi everyone! This Problem is the last one i have to fix for getting a 100% WAF :) - I am using MediaPortal 1.2.2 incl. TVServer...
Replies
Views
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung and the same cable. Thks
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung...
Hi Everybody, I come here after many search on the web, and if you can help me to solve my problem. My configuration ...
Replies
Views
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without activating the full Administrator. The routine can also include any other tasks such as disk defrag, disk cleanup etc etc run through a command line. Let me know if you are interested and I will drop some...
Hi All, If anyone is interested, I have worked out a routine to schedule a "next run time" after an automated re-boot without...
Hi All, I have decided to create a task using Task Scheduler to preiodically reboot my machine automatically. I have done this...
Replies
Views
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then off then on again as directed by configuration. I was hoping you would have a simple piece of code that could be used in c# console. eg. I could run the code when tv on + off and look for a difference...
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then...
Hi, I am unsure where to post this. Is it possible, somehow, to detect that the TV/Monitor is turned off, and then shutdown the...
Replies
Views
Bad boy hehe
Bad boy hehe
Hi all, I have a Win 7 client and a Win 8 server PC. With all the hype of Windows 8, I was wondering if I should just stick with...
Replies
Views
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy understanding of audio sync is latency is handled by the standard automatically. If you're adjusting the audio delay do it in MP not your amp as the amp will adjust for everything it receives over the HDMI link which...
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy...
As the thread title suggests, I'm having issues with Windows set to 5.1 speakers config. My HTPC is connected with an hdmi lead to...
Replies
Views
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I have not extensively tested this. It simply was there each time the PC woke up again. But the other setting(s) are certainly interesting. I was not aware that ther was a general way of deactivating energy...
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I...
Tagging: @azzuro , @RicoHTPC , @Brudertac Hello community, Problem: The USB IR receiver is not functioning anymore after the...
Replies
Views
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Hi. Just a quick query regarding windows and the little icon previews it makes of your videos for you. Basically, I've got a load...
Replies
Views
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal lies /program files (x86)/ so they need to be customized or have problems on 64bit. This is probably not really an isssue for the newer well written plugins.
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal...
Hi, I'm going to setup a HTPC with MediaPortal. The box is a Asrock ION 330. So my question is witch OS should I use...
Replies
Views
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64 version of Windows 7. MP is a 32-bit application, so will it run better on a 32-bit OS? Why can't I compile MP as a 64-bit application myself using VS2008?
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64...
Hello, I'm planning to install Windows 7 64 bit as OS on my HTPC. I know that MP is a 32 bit application. Are there any...
Replies
Views
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
ACM DOES NOT OFFER WINDOWS 7 ANYMORE THIS STILL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK IF YOU'RE NOT A STUDENT...
Replies
Views
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep, decided to sleep all night long and not wake up at all.. even for its scheduled WHS backup. In contrast, my new client machine which normally always sleeps, decided to stay awake until its scheduled...
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep...
Hi. I am trying to finally get my machine to sleep and wake correctly. Currently I have to shut it down to avoid having it on all...
Replies
Views
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the fact I can lock it down so he can't mess with it and if he does when it reboots the next night it fixed.It on a cf drive 4 gb with touch monitor the hole pc is the size of monitor .but why I'm doing it is not...
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the...
Watching the latest episode of Windows Weekly, and there is alot of talk about Windows Embedded, where the latest version has just...
Replies
Views
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's called "touch Tool" something... can't remember it atm. Even though it says "touch" it is providing the Button support for the eeetop case. :)
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's...
Hi all, Today I would like to share some knowlegde and experience I gained during the last two days. What I did was upgrading...
Replies
Views
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-Extension extension for my http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-Cine-C/T/T2-V7-Dual-DVB-C/DVB-T/T2-PCIe
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying...
Hi, i have a problem with esxi and tvcard passthroughing. When i put in the tvcard esxi doesnt see the card, not in console or in...
Replies
Views
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope this helps. Also a post i made with the settings i had at that time Beginners guide to Mediaportal Codecs and what to use. I say at that time as i sold off all my server gear etc and only use mepo for...
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope...
Hi, I'm having a little annoying issue and not sure if anyone can help me or not. I have my HTPC running Windows 7 connected via...
Replies
Views
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close down MediaPortal - I used to use the Exit MediaPortal with options - and now use the power button on my remote to put the computer to sleep and then turn off the power to the computer. It's a bit clunky, bit...
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close...
I like my HTPC to shut down when I hit the power button on my remote control. The problem is that an MCE remote actually sends the...
Replies
Views
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Hi, Does anyone know whether a Client only installation of Mediaportal can be run from anything other than windows? E.g. Can...
Replies
Views
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC [ZBOXNANO-VD01-U]
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC...
First post! Very excited to re-enter the HTPC world! I have a clean slate (actually currently using SageTV which was acquired...
Replies
Views
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO driver, and I think it was around that time the problem vanished.
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO...
Hi I have one final issue with my HTPC which I does not seem to be able to fix on my own. It has been reported numerous times...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom