Operating System (16 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
Hello All, just for your Info: ISSUE: The latest "Windows 8.1" Update Rollup KB2889784 released yesterday on 11/13/2013 will brake...
Replies
Views
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope this helps. Also a post i made with the settings i had at that time Beginners guide to Mediaportal Codecs and what to use. I say at that time as i sold off all my server gear etc and only use mepo for...
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope...
Hi, I'm having a little annoying issue and not sure if anyone can help me or not. I have my HTPC running Windows 7 connected via...
Replies
Views
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Hi. Just a quick query regarding windows and the little icon previews it makes of your videos for you. Basically, I've got a load...
Replies
Views
How much memory does ESXI use before installing a VM, same with CPU I guess. I'm tempted to go down this route as my combined Server 2012 R2 with essentials Role and then VM'd server 2012 R2 with exchange is causing some problems with DVB-S feeds and I wondered if splitting them off using a bare metal hypervisor might give a better...
How much memory does ESXI use before installing a VM, same with CPU I guess. I'm tempted to go down this route as my combined...
I wanted to share my findings on setting up mediaportal tv server with a TBS 6981 tuner card under esxi 5.1. The short story is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I would suggest you check/swap the PSU. Sometimes you can have a fault with the 5V feed. Have you got another PSU you can test with? J.
Hi there, I would suggest you check/swap the PSU. Sometimes you can have a fault with the 5V feed. Have you got another PSU...
I've been running Win7 with MediaPortal since 2011 and have had no problems with the sleep functions. I have used PowerScheduler++...
Replies
Views
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then off then on again as directed by configuration. I was hoping you would have a simple piece of code that could be used in c# console. eg. I could run the code when tv on + off and look for a difference...
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then...
Hi, I am unsure where to post this. Is it possible, somehow, to detect that the TV/Monitor is turned off, and then shutdown the...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall driver (something like that, got Swedish windows). Rebooted and windows installed the generic driver. Unfortunately this does not always work, windows can cache (older?) drivers and installs them agian...
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall...
Hello - I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a very annoying problem I keep having with my HTPC. Since upgrading to Windows...
Replies
Views
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung and the same cable. Thks
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung...
Hi Everybody, I come here after many search on the web, and if you can help me to solve my problem. My configuration ...
Replies
Views
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec. Openelec is XBMC + Linux operating system. Mediaportal uses windows operating system.
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec...
Hello, I have been considering selling my Acer Revo Aspire R3610 for a while now but have never got round to it - the main reason...
Replies
Views
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
Hi Community I use MePo as Shell, but the problem is, to load Run key at startup ! i know Run key is loaded after Explorer.exe in...
Replies
Views
wrong thread
wrong thread
Hi folks, I have the following problem: When I resume from sleep mode OR when I switch my TV on, while my HTPC is already...
Replies
Views
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_MP_Audio_Renderer_(MPAR)/Configuration
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat...
Hi. I'm posting this in the OS section since this is a system-wide problem and does not only affect Media Portal. Maybe someone...
Replies
Views
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep, decided to sleep all night long and not wake up at all.. even for its scheduled WHS backup. In contrast, my new client machine which normally always sleeps, decided to stay awake until its scheduled...
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep...
Hi. I am trying to finally get my machine to sleep and wake correctly. Currently I have to shut it down to avoid having it on all...
Replies
Views
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
With MP 1.3.0 now officially supporting Windows 8 the old question returns to 32 or 64 bit. With Windows 7 I found that 32 bit...
Replies
Views
OK, found it out
OK, found it out
Microsoft unvield their new OS last night and there wasn't really that much news for HTPC-enthusiasts. One thing that was confirmed...
Replies
Views
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
Hi guys ive just spent the day upgrading my HTPC with a new SSD and blu ray disc and in doing so installed windows 7 to take full...
Replies
Views
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
Hi all, just want to share this with you 'cause I know a lot of people have this problem. (I had this problem too, untill a week...
Replies
Views
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest account is off). I had to delete the credentials to force a new request for credentials. Now I have two additional accounts for network access on the MP server, one MP client to allow read access and one MP...
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest...
I just updated my MP server from XP to W7 ultimate. All clients already run on W7. I can't get the file sharing to work. Whatever...
Replies
Views
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people who create some kind of machine with fixed hardware and only running fixed software. Think any kind of POS terminal (e.g. ticket machines at a train station). It also brings additional support for software...
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people...
since that MP can run on windows 7 embedded standard, we would like to use the smaller footprinted win emb 7 compact: does anyone...
Replies
Views
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little file-backup-server-minded as I just installed my new whs. For these requirements I still think whs is the better choice but if mp/tv-server is your priority you should go with 7 to avoid problems... There are a...
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little...
Hi Guys, I am in the process of getting the parts to build a dedicated file server that I can place out of the way in my...
Replies
Views
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hi, is it possible to make TV Server and a second process running as a service, restart when the PC wakes from sleep? I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall test tonight with the side of my PC taken off. I did find this - http://reboot.pro/16267/ It is not absolutely clear, but am I right in thinking that the only way to stop Hard Drives spinning up on...
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall...
Hi there, I am using Windows 7 in my Standalone Setup. I already have three hard drives in there and am thinking of getting a...
Replies
Views
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the fact I can lock it down so he can't mess with it and if he does when it reboots the next night it fixed.It on a cf drive 4 gb with touch monitor the hole pc is the size of monitor .but why I'm doing it is not...
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the...
Watching the latest episode of Windows Weekly, and there is alot of talk about Windows Embedded, where the latest version has just...
Replies
Views
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a reboot). So, I have been staying with 11.11.
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a...
I'm not sure if it does this at any other time or just when rebooting, but on numerous occasions I've checked the settings in CCC...
Replies
Views
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by Iron Portable (although I don't know why it wasn't causing them previously) but don't seem to make the latency unacceptably high, so I'm not too worried about those. However, when starting TV the first...
Well I uninstalled VMware and rebooted. The high execution times I'm still seeing with ndis.sys and netbt.sys seem to be caused by...
I was having trouble with audio/video glitches and seemed to have tracked down the cause of the high DPC spikes to Outpost Security...
Replies
Views
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server PowerScheduler has "force system to go to standby when idle" disabled and the MP plugin is disabled, so Windows should be controlling Standby. The power settings are set to Put the Computer to Sleep after 1...
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server...
I'm trying to use Windows 7's Power Options to Hibernate my PC after x minutes. I don't want to use MP/Powerscheduler, because I...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of the client - no HDD, small memory footprint etc... I'll be trying it myself if no-one already has - just a case of finding the time! :)
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of...
Has anyone tried to create a USB Stick with Android-x86 and ampddoid on it? Thinking this could be the perfect slim deployment of...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP if I could have, as there's quite a few annoyances in Win7 (like Explorer doing weird things when clicking on folders) but it's not too bad and I'm getting used to it. My Win7 has got fairly messy...
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP...
I recently swapped out the motherboard in my HTPC because the old one was not compatible with my new tuner. I didn't reinstall...
Replies
Views
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 245e HDD...
Replies
Views
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC [ZBOXNANO-VD01-U]
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC...
First post! Very excited to re-enter the HTPC world! I have a clean slate (actually currently using SageTV which was acquired...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom