Operating System (7 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close down MediaPortal - I used to use the Exit MediaPortal with options - and now use the power button on my remote to put the computer to sleep and then turn off the power to the computer. It's a bit clunky, bit...
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close...
I like my HTPC to shut down when I hit the power button on my remote control. The problem is that an MCE remote actually sends the...
Replies
Views
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and never changed by TV Server after that. Of course you can manually change it at any time, but most people don't. Personally I don't understand why this file would be any harder to remember than the other 2...
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and...
Hey Guys, For years I have never had MediaPortal TV server work over VPN. I never dedicated too much time to it, and just used...
Replies
Views
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to these possible issues. You may find these topics useful, i haven't had time to read all the posts but think some parts should apply to you...
Im planning to change my network setup and potentially using WoL in a similar fashion, so have been searching for solutions to...
Afternoon all, I run an Ubuntu box as a SAMBA server, sharing my media collection. (recently upgraded to Ununtu 9.10) I have...
Replies
Views
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Is it possible to run Vista from a USB Key (say a 16GB key) basically a cheap SSD? looking a power consumption, heat generation, etc.
Replies
Views
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble when resuming from standby on two machines. The PCs are waking up, i.e. the power LED lights, but the monitor is staying black and the PC is unresponsive. I then need to reset the PC to get it working...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Replies
Views
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action to be necessary for a GPU. Before recommending devcon, I'd recommend: Ensure you're running the newest official, stable driver. If the problem occurs in connection with MediaPortal, throw some log files...
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action...
Hi When my pc resumes from standby, I get artefacts on the display, I'm on Win7 64 ultimate, with built in hd4000 graphics...
Replies
Views
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
Yeh nothing working. although i can see the receiver red light when i press a button.
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 245e HDD...
Replies
Views
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less, the video window resizes to a smaller one; if I move the mouse or touch any button of my remote it resizes again to fullscreen. Can anyone help me to avoid that? Does anyone know where the problem is...
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less...
Hello, I don't know if this problem is related to OS or Mediaportal. When I'm watching a video, after 30 minutes more or less...
Replies
Views
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Not Sure About This But Try Downloading The Newest KLite Codec Pack
Hi. Just a quick query regarding windows and the little icon previews it makes of your videos for you. Basically, I've got a load...
Replies
Views
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep, decided to sleep all night long and not wake up at all.. even for its scheduled WHS backup. In contrast, my new client machine which normally always sleeps, decided to stay awake until its scheduled...
Just had a look how things went through the night and just to make it even more weird, the machine I am having trouble with sleep...
Hi. I am trying to finally get my machine to sleep and wake correctly. Currently I have to shut it down to avoid having it on all...
Replies
Views
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-Extension extension for my http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-Cine-C/T/T2-V7-Dual-DVB-C/DVB-T/T2-PCIe
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying...
Hi, i have a problem with esxi and tvcard passthroughing. When i put in the tvcard esxi doesnt see the card, not in console or in...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta looks very promsing. You can get it from NVIDIA 257.15 Beta out for grabs - Guru3D.com Forums. My Gf8400 GS handles everything i give to it in very smooth mannger. shift+1(!) graphs are straith. Br,
Hi. Just installed Latest forceware beta 257.15. I have been using 186.xx driver past 8 months, but i must admit this new beta...
I'm making this post, just because of the grief I have had trying to update my drivers on both Vista and Windows 7 (Ultimate...
Replies
Views
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8 http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2014/03/03/new-windows-xp-data-transfer-tool-and-end-of-support-notifications.aspx
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Replies
Views
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with my Sound Blaster Z Dolby Digital Live failure but that got mostly fixed since TH2. Only running 4 PCs with Windows 10 now and I'm mostly a happy customer :) One annoyance I've had on my HTPC since TH2 I...
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with...
I just installed the new 1511 Win 10 upgrade and ran into a series of issues: All privacy settings are lost and reset to maxi!um...
Replies
Views
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay graphics/animations.
I've done some testing of MythTV too, while not as polished config as MP, it's incredibly neat looking, smooth overlay...
MP is *everything* in out living room - no TV or other junk. - needs a stable platform. until now running on a mobile Intel 1,7ghz...
Replies
Views
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
So, thanks for your reply, actually i use logon script for start .bat script. not the best but working !
Hi Community I use MePo as Shell, but the problem is, to load Run key at startup ! i know Run key is loaded after Explorer.exe in...
Replies
Views
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like CUVID(for nvidia cards) and SAF6(for all GPU cards).. which would work just as well in WinXP.
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like...
Hi guys, I am running my HTPC in a dual boot Xp/W7 (32-bit) and have disabled most of the unnecessary stuff but I really have...
Replies
Views
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
Hi all, just want to share this with you 'cause I know a lot of people have this problem. (I had this problem too, untill a week...
Replies
Views
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
There are many forum threads on this issue. I would suggest you do a search. Best wishes, Mark
Hi, is it possible to run the server part of a multi-seat configuration on a Windows Home Server? Regards, Siggi
Replies
Views
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Thanks to our super moderators, I just quickly posted that without really looking - I could not remember the sticky.
Hi, Does anyone know whether a Client only installation of Mediaportal can be run from anything other than windows? E.g. Can...
Replies
Views
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
Thanks I try, these solution, but i dont like windows. OHHHH
[Hello i am a mediportal's fan, and i buy a Apple, when we have a Apple version. Thanks :S
Replies
Views
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_MP_Audio_Renderer_(MPAR)/Configuration
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat...
Hi. I'm posting this in the OS section since this is a system-wide problem and does not only affect Media Portal. Maybe someone...
Replies
Views
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over the top?
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 1.1 MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end of the drive according to the options you specify. I would defrag the drive using an offline defrag, meaning booting from the cd-rom drive or a usb drive and then defragging the hard drive. Just my two cents.
Hmm, not sure why ntfs does that. There are some paid or trial defragging software that will move files to the beginning or the end...
This image shows the allocation of a single 5GB recording (1hour of HD TV). The parts in red are where NTFS allocated the file...
Replies
Views
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I have not extensively tested this. It simply was there each time the PC woke up again. But the other setting(s) are certainly interesting. I was not aware that ther was a general way of deactivating energy...
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I...
Tagging: @azzuro , @RicoHTPC , @Brudertac Hello community, Problem: The USB IR receiver is not functioning anymore after the...
Replies
Views
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in MP). If i try play some file in windows 7 media player, all work fine too (no lags). But if i play it in MP (all MKV 720 1080) it stop normal play (very low FPS) but ffdDXVA codec is active (icon is show)...
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in...
Hi and sorry for my english. Problem: With windows XP SP3 my HTPC(ION) work fine, all MKV and BD play without any problem(in...
Replies
Views
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
Has anyone successfully installed MP2 on Windows 10? I installed MP2 on Windows 8.1 Home BEFORE upgrading. That seems to be fine...
Replies
Views
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru dual ports fiber channel. Server runs real good. Installed and messing with Hyper-V. Have 2 virtual Win 7 machines so far. 1 for testing 1 for my web server. I am about 3 months into the build /...
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru...
Hello, I am running Windows Server 2012 Essentials on my main server machine. After migrating a couple of clients to Windows 10 in...
Replies
Views
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
awesome replies thanks to all :cool:
Windows Vista loads many services at startup, most of them are essential for the core system features. By disabling unnecessary...
Replies
Views
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
I have Windows 1o Pro - Version 1809. Is there a list exist for important or recommend settings for Win10 user? I try to optimize...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom