Operating System (6 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC [ZBOXNANO-VD01-U]
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC...
First post! Very excited to re-enter the HTPC world! I have a clean slate (actually currently using SageTV which was acquired...
Replies
Views
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The pin 19 trick never worked on the 680. It just caused MediaPortal to crash in a slightly more graceful way. Using a HDMI doctor worked 90% of the time but it seems like an expensive fix for what is...
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The...
If you are a HDMI + audio over HDMI / AVR user then this thread can be a bit depressing for you. Now you are warned :) I recently...
Replies
Views
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest account is off). I had to delete the credentials to force a new request for credentials. Now I have two additional accounts for network access on the MP server, one MP client to allow read access and one MP...
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest...
I just updated my MP server from XP to W7 ultimate. All clients already run on W7. I can't get the file sharing to work. Whatever...
Replies
Views
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hey thanks, I'll see if it works with Win 7. Suppose I can make a bat file with NET START and STOP in it and fire that off..
Hi, is it possible to make TV Server and a second process running as a service, restart when the PC wakes from sleep? I have a...
Replies
Views
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going blind! thanks again
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going...
After upgrading my MediaPortal in the living room from Windows 7 to 10 I noticed a new volume OSD in the top left corner of the...
Replies
Views
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Hello, "suddenly" going to suspend does not work anylonger :S I've set everything in system for going to suspend, but there...
Replies
Views
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you wanted MP to run in on the General Tab of configuration. It seems to be gone... I also tinkered a bit with the DPI settings on my laptop and they seem to not affect MP at all! But my laptop has just Blue3 on...
OOOOPS, sorry. I seem to have remembered a setting that was available in previous builds: You could select the resolution you...
Hi Everyone. I'm using Win7 64bit with MP 1.1.3 (StreamedMP skin), working on 1920x1080, PC connected to wide screen 42" TV...
Replies
Views
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst version 14.9 It sometimes mutes for 1-2 seconds and than it works. Anybody can help both of us?
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst...
After i install Windows 8.1 Pro i have problems with my HDMI Sound. Its mute for the first 1-2 Seconds and works after this first...
Replies
Views
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO driver, and I think it was around that time the problem vanished.
The problem seems to have gone mysteriously. I installed the PureAudio plugin but still using standard windows playback, no ASIO...
Hi I have one final issue with my HTPC which I does not seem to be able to fix on my own. It has been reported numerous times...
Replies
Views
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Folks, I'm about to switch my HTPC to Windows 7 and I'm trying to gather up all the bits I need. Do I need drivers fro my...
Replies
Views
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ongoing-htpc-projects-60/whole-house-technology-solution-75715/ Apparently, it is possible to assign a pci card to a virtual machine.
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread...
Heya, I'm wanting to build a server for the devices/pc's in my house to stream video store files etc, and FreeBSD seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec. Openelec is XBMC + Linux operating system. Mediaportal uses windows operating system.
Yes MePo is a lot more powerful and has more features than openelec (XBMC) There is no Mediaportal front end for openelec...
Hello, I have been considering selling my Acer Revo Aspire R3610 for a while now but have never got round to it - the main reason...
Replies
Views
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the harddrive. I normally used suspend with MediaPortal, but found out that when I used my MCE remote to turn off the computer sometimes Windows would do the shutdown and shutdown in hibernation instead. When...
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the...
Whenever I resume my Vista htpc pc from a suspended state, the hard drive goes crazy (ie. it's solid on) for about 5 to 10 minutes...
Replies
Views
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
did someone try if a windows 7 beta license key retrieved from acm works on a elsewhere downloaded windows 7 final ?
ACM DOES NOT OFFER WINDOWS 7 ANYMORE THIS STILL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK IF YOU'RE NOT A STUDENT...
Replies
Views
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's called "touch Tool" something... can't remember it atm. Even though it says "touch" it is providing the Button support for the eeetop case. :)
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's...
Hi all, Today I would like to share some knowlegde and experience I gained during the last two days. What I did was upgrading...
Replies
Views
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung and the same cable. Thks
Hi, On the windows sound manager my onkyo is ok and the option dts hd is present. My cable is ok. Its ok with my bluray samsung...
Hi Everybody, I come here after many search on the web, and if you can help me to solve my problem. My configuration ...
Replies
Views
:thx: This was the solution!
:thx: This was the solution!
Hello, I have build a new htpc and have a little problem with background: I set Background to dedicated picture, which is corectly...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP if I could have, as there's quite a few annoyances in Win7 (like Explorer doing weird things when clicking on folders) but it's not too bad and I'm getting used to it. My Win7 has got fairly messy...
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP...
I recently swapped out the motherboard in my HTPC because the old one was not compatible with my new tuner. I didn't reinstall...
Replies
Views
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Hello, DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU. What is...
Replies
Views
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am trying to get Proppage.dll somewhere but I am not sure which to get that now. I am going to try Filmerit to check if I got some codec conflicts. Also I am not sure if I need to try an older CCC because from...
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am...
Hello guys ! I recently bought a silent Sapphire HD6450 graphics card to replace my ASUS 490GT with fan. But it now has some...
Replies
Views
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
Sounds good, care to expand on how you did this as I'd like to get towards something like that.
I'm currently using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 x86 on my HTPC, but i'm now considering my options due to my next format. After...
Replies
Views
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy understanding of audio sync is latency is handled by the standard automatically. If you're adjusting the audio delay do it in MP not your amp as the amp will adjust for everything it receives over the HDMI link which...
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy...
As the thread title suggests, I'm having issues with Windows set to 5.1 speakers config. My HTPC is connected with an hdmi lead to...
Replies
Views
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then off then on again as directed by configuration. I was hoping you would have a simple piece of code that could be used in c# console. eg. I could run the code when tv on + off and look for a difference...
A snapshot method would be more reliable and useful for MediaPortal. You could calibrate in settings. by Toggling display on then...
Hi, I am unsure where to post this. Is it possible, somehow, to detect that the TV/Monitor is turned off, and then shutdown the...
Replies
Views
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the fact I can lock it down so he can't mess with it and if he does when it reboots the next night it fixed.It on a cf drive 4 gb with touch monitor the hole pc is the size of monitor .but why I'm doing it is not...
No I just want one or two with os on it .im stock with the os on the box I have do to hardware it's go the the kids room so the...
Watching the latest episode of Windows Weekly, and there is alot of talk about Windows Embedded, where the latest version has just...
Replies
Views
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people who create some kind of machine with fixed hardware and only running fixed software. Think any kind of POS terminal (e.g. ticket machines at a train station). It also brings additional support for software...
It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway.... The embedded flavour is just designed for people...
since that MP can run on windows 7 embedded standard, we would like to use the smaller footprinted win emb 7 compact: does anyone...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, I'm looking for a (easy to use) bootmanger tool, to add a second Win7 installation to my htpc (for testing). Has...
Replies
Views
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free and an automated voice gives you a new activation code, you do not have to explain anything.
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free...
Hi everybody! Despite the title I think this is the right place for this post. Read on to see why. I would like to tell You of...
Replies
Views
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Hello, slightly off topic: Do you see a difference between Windows 7 RC and RTM for mediaportal?
Due to driver support for my motherboard I had to install windows 7 . I was just wondering which version is best ( most stable for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning I woke up one of the clients and found the MePo homescreen to be frozen, showing the time of yesterday evening when I had switched off TV. The PC itself was still reactive, i.e. taskbar etc. functioning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Replies
Views
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And till now I never encountered a problem with it. The system is rock stable
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And...
I was thinking about reinstalling Windows (running XP MCE 2005 RC3 now) as it's a very old installation and things aren't really as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom