Remotes (14 Viewers)

Centarea HID Support Pack Version 2024-01-30 I have just released version 2024-01-30 of the Centarea HID Support Pack, which can be downloaded from the first post in this thread. See that post for details. If you encounter any problems using the new release, please report them here. I would like to express my thanks to @joecrow for...
Centarea HID Support Pack Version 2024-01-30 I have just released version 2024-01-30 of the Centarea HID Support Pack, which can be...
Centarea HID Support Pack Version 2024-01-30 See the end of this post for a description of the changes in version 2024-01-30. This...
Replies
Views
See HID Known Issues.
See HID Known Issues.
See HID Known Issues.
Replies
Views
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
Replies
Views
Thanks, but I already tried that. The first 12 "IrDeviceV2" entries produced no messages at all. The last 2 (labelled "Mouse") produced messages at a rate which caused the HID Demo UI to become unresponsive. The only possible source for these messages was the RF remote I was using to operate the HID Demo UI. Why should an RF...
Thanks, but I already tried that. The first 12 "IrDeviceV2" entries produced no messages at all. The last 2 (labelled "Mouse")...
My HTPC recently stopped responding to IR signals. At first I suspected a HW problem, but the problem remains with two different...
Replies
Views
Procedure lets say 98% complete :cool: I am happy that I can report, that the strange HID errors has gone. Sometimes - after years - it's good to take a complete bath to feel clean again :ROFLMAO::D:p:ROFLMAO:
Procedure lets say 98% complete :cool: I am happy that I can report, that the strange HID errors has gone. Sometimes - after years...
I need some Help on this - here is the description what happens: Start MP --> Start TV --> Push ChannelUp Now ChannelUp is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the quick response and yes that indeed fixed that annoying issue. Appreciate the help. Now I have to fix the mute and volume buttons on the remote. I assume MC was controlling those functions. I wonder what else on the remote needs fixing. Update: Seems one of the HID devices in Windows Device Manager was disabled. Once it...
Thanks for the quick response and yes that indeed fixed that annoying issue. Appreciate the help. Now I have to fix the mute and...
I have this remote that for some reason the buttons below the mute button on the remote goes to the Media Portal then it calls up...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Modify native Irtrans buttons (1 Viewer) DE
branch created to MP1-5037
branch created to MP1-5037
Hello, Since age, Irtrans config buttons wasn't modified in MP. Then, I changed and added little things. 1/ I modified the...
Replies
Views
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal1/Remotes+and+Input+Devices
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal1/Remotes+and+Input+Devices
Evening all. Is there an up to date guide on how to make the PS3 Bluetooth remote work with MP?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 1.23 Key Mapping (1 Viewer) DE
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result. To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard...
Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is...
I recently upgraded from MP 1.14 to MP 1.23. In 1.14 I was using the InputPlugIn to map my remote keys and all was working fine. In...
Replies
Views
Thanks CyberSimian, I appreciate the reply. I have the source code for both 1.12 and 1.21 so one day if I have some time I might try to compare the two and see what I can find. I do suspect that the changes could be quite extensive though. I'll update here if I figure anything out of course, and in the meantime I still have a...
Thanks CyberSimian, I appreciate the reply. I have the source code for both 1.12 and 1.21 so one day if I have some time I might...
Hi all. I've been running MP 1.12 for quite a while and have recently upgraded to 1.21. I now have a remote control issue which...
Replies
Views
Hmm, I am not exactly sure what you mean by "MiniTV mode" :confused:. Do you mean the display of a live-TV (or live-video) thumbnail on relevant MP panels? If so, that is dependent on the skin you are using. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
Hmm, I am not exactly sure what you mean by "MiniTV mode" :confused:. Do you mean the display of a live-TV (or live-video)...
Remote I'm using is....Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control...which allows me to access most of the functions I need in MP..:) Is...
Replies
Views
Centarea HID Support Pack I have released a new version of the support pack for the Ortek and Hama remote controls. To make it easier to find, I have created a new thread, this one: Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 -- from CyberSimian in the UK
Centarea HID Support Pack I have released a new version of the support pack for the Ortek and Hama remote controls. To make it...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1 stable MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Windows Version: Windiws 7 Professional CPU Type: AMD Athlon II...
Replies
Views
Wow, I should have thought of that (TV Server Power Scheduler plugin). The only place I haven't checked yet. To clarify, it's ONLY MediaPortal that insists on using the Away Mode. I have tried to disable it in RegEdit even, and have checked the Power Plan in Windows 7 over and over. Thanks, guys. EDIT: That was it! So happy right...
Wow, I should have thought of that (TV Server Power Scheduler plugin). The only place I haven't checked yet. To clarify, it's ONLY...
Pressing PC OFF on my generic Microsoft MCE remote clone used to turn off my HTPC, but since some time back, it forces it into Away...
Replies
Views
It's an external MCE RC 6 IR receiver and remote from SMK. But I don't think that the IR receiver is the problem, because it also happens when I'm using the keyboard. E.g. when I navigate through the main screen (remote or keyboard), the volume OSD is shown when I press the left/right button / key. Maybe only an issue with German...
It's an external MCE RC 6 IR receiver and remote from SMK. But I don't think that the IR receiver is the problem, because it also...
Hi, I've updated Mediaportal from 1.16 to 1.19. Now every time I press a button on my MCE RC6 remote the Info button is virtually...
Replies
Views
Following up on TLD's post from Feb 6. I'm facing the same problem. Blaster does not react on any channel request. Any ideas ? Thanks Tobi
Following up on TLD's post from Feb 6. I'm facing the same problem. Blaster does not react on any channel request. Any ideas ...
I just updated my system spec's here. I have the HVR-1955 which comes with a R6 remote and blaster. MP doesn't see it and in the...
Replies
Views
Yes thank you so much for this fix. Been bugging me for at least a year. Finally decided to sit down and work out what was wrong. Uninstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software and all fixed.
Yes thank you so much for this fix. Been bugging me for at least a year. Finally decided to sit down and work out what was wrong...
Since MP version 1.13 when the MCE Remote HID was removed for the Generic HID instead I have had the problem of both going to...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately, turning off the backround running of apps in Chrome had no effect. I am leaning towards the remote being faulty. I bought a HID Compatible remote and everything worked right away (I had another IR tranceiver from my previous remote lying around)...
Unfortunately, turning off the backround running of apps in Chrome had no effect. I am leaning towards the remote being faulty. I...
Hi All, I've rebuilt one of my MP clients from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and using 1.15 pre-release which seems to be working well...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all the replies. I understand what you are saying about not remapping 0-9 keys, but I never use them. Watching live TV is ATO on my TV set here in California so Mediaportal is mostly for recording and Videos. The mapping of the remote is done by Eventghost with vrc 1100 pludin and mediaportal pungin "Eventhost plus" so...
Thanks for all the replies. I understand what you are saying about not remapping 0-9 keys, but I never use them. Watching live TV...
I have vrc 1100 (Hama) remote that I use with Eventghost. I used this setup for a long time. As of pre 19 I cannot map a command to...
Replies
Views
It is usually supplied somewhere within the support/download section for the specific tuner you have on Hauppauge's website. Having said that, it does not appear to be available for the quad [which your forum profile says you have]. I jumped over to the page for the HVR-2200 and grabbed the following link from the accessories tab...
It is usually supplied somewhere within the support/download section for the specific tuner you have on Hauppauge's website. Having...
Hi, I'm currently wondering whether the remote I received in my television tuner card's retail packaging is compatible with the...
Replies
Views
I just tested that and it works just fine.
I just tested that and it works just fine.
Hello, I have just ugraded to MP 1.7 and now my volume button on my RC6 Remote no longer works as it used to. there is now no...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AIM Ir606Q DE
Ok, switch to full mapping and enable hid keyboard seems work Out of box. Thanks stéphane Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk
Ok, switch to full mapping and enable hid keyboard seems work Out of box. Thanks stéphane Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk
hello stephane, i have buy an new receiver ( Imon to AIM Ir606Q 'RC6' ) MP doesn't work fine out of box. i need to update this...
Replies
Views
...which is exactly why I've asked for log files. I want to see: Whether Windows updates were installed recently, and if yes, which ones. Which files Windows is loading as the driver for the receiver. I've seen cases where security software entangled itself with remote control receiver and/or tuner drivers and caused them to stop...
...which is exactly why I've asked for log files. I want to see: Whether Windows updates were installed recently, and if yes...
Hey, I've got a pretty weird issue with my MCE remote that worked well for years. But somehow it suddenly stopped working - not...
Replies
Views
So, a further update for anyone that is interested. I presume that like me, everybody on the planet has had their Windows 10 systems hammered with updates this week. So damn many, it's driving me nuts. Anyway, I just went to press the yellow subtitle button and the damn toggle wasn't working again! Checked the "EnableDebounce" value...
So, a further update for anyone that is interested. I presume that like me, everybody on the planet has had their Windows 10...
Hi all, This started for me after the 1.15.0 upgrade. When you press the yellow button whilst watching TV or video, you get the...
Replies
Views
Apologies to anyone who had already read my post below. I made a mistake. I'd forgotten that I had to do a complete install of 1.16.0 (Rather than upgrade), so the option to enable DVB Subtitles in TV config was off. Having said this, the issue that appeared after the 1.15.0 upgrade, where the yellow button only works once, still...
Apologies to anyone who had already read my post below. I made a mistake. I'd forgotten that I had to do a complete install of...
Apologies to anyone who had already read my post below. I made a mistake. I'd forgotten that I had to do a complete install of...
Replies
Views
yes it is 6 years old but I wouldn`t like to create a new one. If anybody knows the answer than please reply.
yes it is 6 years old but I wouldn`t like to create a new one. If anybody knows the answer than please reply.
hi there, i use a itrans-reciever and a mce-remote, and i have these problems with duplicate key-presses... the link shown in...
Replies
Views
Right...having turned it off this AM, turned back on this PM after work, all is now working??!!!! Thanks both!
Right...having turned it off this AM, turned back on this PM after work, all is now working??!!!! Thanks both!
OK, Just upgraded from v14 to v16 of MP and the 'guide' button on my MCE remote (a logitec harmony 300) seems to no longer do...
Replies
Views
Our pre-release are usually rock solid and as far as I can tell this one is no exception.
Our pre-release are usually rock solid and as far as I can tell this one is no exception.
I bought one of these...
Replies
Views
For devices, I have been putting the model number and device brand instead of Microsoft Windows Media Center. And yes I'm sure I have put it in a good spot since everytime I press the power button the IR device itself gives a red blink everything it's pressed. Happy New Years!
For devices, I have been putting the model number and device brand instead of Microsoft Windows Media Center. And yes I'm sure I...
Been trying to get this motherboard ir device to work with my harmony hub and turn my computer on but I'm not sure if I'm even...
Replies
Views
Good point, I just checked that again and the wiki links to that HID Known Issues forum post which mentions that back button issue already. Let's assume this is the issue @TheMerovingian was having. Marking that thread as solved.
Good point, I just checked that again and the wiki links to that HID Known Issues forum post which mentions that back button issue...
Hi, I also got a Hauppauge Remote with which the same happens. So when I pressed the "Back"-button on those remotes I can see...
Replies
Views
I'd say you need to get FLIRC to behave like a normal MCE receiver, I don't know if it can do that, however I reckon it should as they claim it does everything. When that's done you should be able to see what key does what in HID Demo. You sure did that by getting a FLIRC which is a configurable solution rather that a standard MCE...
I'd say you need to get FLIRC to behave like a normal MCE receiver, I don't know if it can do that, however I reckon it should as...
Hi All, I've always struggled a little with my Philips MCE remote on Mepo but the basic functions have worked with a generic IR...
Replies
Views
Well then that settles it: USB-UIRT is not using HID.
Well then that settles it: USB-UIRT is not using HID.
Hi I have a Harmony Remote 650 model and a USB-UIRT IR receiver and I would like to get all the functionality of using a remote...
Replies
Views
What is Windows 10.1?
What is Windows 10.1?
Hi there, after I've updated from Windows 10 to 10.1 the Couch Potatoe App (Iphone) doesn't connect anymore. Before the update it...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom