Skins and Design (9 Viewers)

Use this forum if you are working on a skin and need help, or want to showcase your work.

BlueVision (3 Viewers)

Lean and clean skin for MediaPortal 2

WMC Skin (2 Viewers)

For all who finally want to try this new skin, feel free to download the new Winter Release: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-2-winter-release-alpha-1
For all who finally want to try this new skin, feel free to download the new Winter Release...
Porting existing skins to MediaPortal 2 Some first notes MediaPortal 1 already has a big number of good skins, and now with 1.3...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Skins and Designs forum! MediaPortal 2 needs creative people, in the team and in our community, who provide us code and input about skin ideas. This forum is for people who are developing MediaPortal 2 skins or who discuss about design concepts. Questions about the MediaPortal 2 SkinEngine, look and feel and all design...
Welcome to the Skins and Designs forum! MediaPortal 2 needs creative people, in the team and in our community, who provide us code...
Welcome to the Skins and Designs forum! MediaPortal 2 needs creative people, in the team and in our community, who provide us code...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Apollo One (1 Viewer) DE
As I wrote in my last unanswered PM, I'm still available to realize this skin! I just do not want to drive the skin project, I wait for task packages. @wizard123 is unfortunately right, for generating a new skin dev support is necessary. I mean this not only for MenuModels, but also for some creating some effects or bugfixing in MPF...
As I wrote in my last unanswered PM, I'm still available to realize this skin! I just do not want to drive the skin project, I wait...
Hi guys @morpheus_xx Contacted me recently and asked if i could put something together for MP2 based on my skin OnePortal and work...
Replies
Views
  • Redirect
MP1 MP2 Blue Vision DE
Ah ok, just saw from the last commit date, that you modified some code already. Just wanted to be sure you are aware it's not working 100% yet. I'm without laptop and waiting patiently for the next version :)
Ah ok, just saw from the last commit date, that you modified some code already. Just wanted to be sure you are aware it's not...
Replies
Views
N/A
MP1 MP2 WMC design for MP2 skin (1 Viewer) DE
This thread is closed. Please use the new WMC threads here from now. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/wmc-skin.717/
This thread is closed. Please use the new WMC threads here from now. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/wmc-skin.717/
Hi, there are already lot of discussions ongoing, it seems that there won't be any WMC with Windows 10 any more. As I also use it...
Replies
Views
Hi olli14, the reflexion skin is long time ago included in every MP2 release. I would recommend you the latest SR'15 Update 1 snapshot: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-sr15-update-1-snapshot-2015-08-03.131533/ Just download it, install it, go to settings -> appearance - > skin -> change skin and select "MP2...
Hi olli14, the reflexion skin is long time ago included in every MP2 release. I would recommend you the latest SR'15 Update 1...
It's time to show some preview images of the new "Reflexion" skin, which is currently work in progress. It's designed to use "Full...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 Metro DE
Hello, where i can see the screens from the metro skin `? On first page i can't see only placeholder !
Hello, where i can see the screens from the metro skin `? On first page i can't see only placeholder !
Sneak Peek Coming Soon.... I started working on a new skin based on windows 8 Metro styling. I have spent a lot of time the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-community-theme-backvision2.127644/ I have linked to this thread for all those who are interested in the very first steps of development.
Hi. Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-community-theme-backvision2.127644/ I have linked to this thread for all...
Generally MP2 has a very clean, simple and beautiful interface in the main menue. Just one thing I really do not like much. 1) The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 StreamMP skin on MP2? (2 Viewers) DE
Because you did not configure the behavior in the settings. This has to do with the work states, see also MP2-704. Press EPG a second time to close - or use the red button. Press 'Red' or select 'Full screen' in the context menu Yes. Ask any skinner.
Because you did not configure the behavior in the settings. This has to do with the work states, see also MP2-704. Press EPG a...
Hi guys, Does somebody know if devs are working on StreamMP for Mediaportal 2? Thanks
Replies
Views
You have two choices: Remove the plugins from MP2-Client\Plugin folder. This will probably break some skins: i.e. Titanium shows weather info in home screen, if you remove Weather plugin, this dependency cannot be resolved anymore Use the "DisabledComponents" of plugin manager settings to disable selected plugins (by their plugin...
You have two choices: Remove the plugins from MP2-Client\Plugin folder. This will probably break some skins: i.e. Titanium shows...
Discussion This thread is intended for discussing the skinning guide thread...
Replies
Views
Although i really like some of the splashscreens posted, but when i boot my system (while the room is dark) some splashscreens are just to bright for my eyes. I'm more into fanart, but the problem with fanart is that its get old after a while. If you want a basic loading screen here is something i made. I picked up the .PSD from...
Although i really like some of the splashscreens posted, but when i boot my system (while the room is dark) some splashscreens are...
Hi. Done a little Photoshoping today. If you like, replace it with the default one in your MP2 client program folder.
Replies
Views
AW: Skinning contest: One month to go Concerning the resourceWrapper and the contentPresnert: I think I got the point now ;) You use it that you have always a menu / the same menu, similar to PHP and templates where you have a main template and include the content templates^^ This would be the main usage of the resourceWrapper I...
AW: Skinning contest: One month to go Concerning the resourceWrapper and the contentPresnert: I think I got the point now ;) You...
Hi guys and gals, about one month ago, I announced our skinning contest. In the meantime, I got many requests about how to find...
Replies
Views
Thanks for these explanations!
Thanks for these explanations!
MP2 got a new Skin! It's yet unnamed, so name suggestions are welcome :) The screenshots show different development steps and...
Replies
Views
AW: Upcoming Skinning Contest yes, I saw it already, too :P But this is a complete framework and so you can't use it with MPF, because MPF is in some points very different to WPF... Another point is that some things are just not implemented in MPF yet, like <Viewport3D..>. I'm not an expert, but I think it is at the moment more...
AW: Upcoming Skinning Contest yes, I saw it already, too :P But this is a complete framework and so you can't use it with MPF...
The MediaPortal 2 core code is getting more and more stable and we are about to move our development power to the MediaPortal 2...
Replies
Views
The RadialPanel is implemented visually. I stumbled into navigation problems, so put it on hold. When I get more time I'll probably give it another try.
The RadialPanel is implemented visually. I stumbled into navigation problems, so put it on hold. When I get more time I'll probably...
I've been thinking a lot about Navigation (at least for a new Home Screen) in MP2. It is the first thing the user sees when he...
Replies
Views
It's not forgotten. And more than that, with the many C# code and skin engine changes needed and done for the WMC Skin this vision really may become reality in future. I've talked with our designers and it looks as if this skin can make use of the same menu models than the WIP "MediaCenter Lookalike" Skin. Once this skin is ready I...
It's not forgotten. And more than that, with the many C# code and skin engine changes needed and done for the WMC Skin this vision...
Hi. Lately I've done some mockups of the MP2 skin I want to use finally. It's a fanart skin with lots of free space to have a good...
Replies
Views
Perhaps we could create a collection of videoloops @ first post?
Perhaps we could create a collection of videoloops @ first post?
New Skin Feature: Video Backgrounds for MP2 Thanks to an idea of @chefkoch I extended our BackgroundManager Plugin to support...
Replies
Views
Cool, will be looking forward to it!
Cool, will be looking forward to it!
Hi. As started in the Post about Bamboo theme I like to introduce my new MP2 Skin project BackVision2. This is based on MP2's main...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Anordnung der Oberfläche ändern (1 Viewer) DE
Super danke! (Darauf hätte man mit etwas überlegen selber kommen können :oops:) Ab und zu sieht man den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht. :D
Super danke! (Darauf hätte man mit etwas überlegen selber kommen können :oops:) Ab und zu sieht man den Wald vor lauter Bäumen...
Hallo zusammen, kann man bei MP2 irgendwo die Anordnung der Oberfläche ändern? Würde auch gerne so Sachen wie "Wetter"...
Replies
Views
Nice going Morph and Wiz!!! Extra points for an option to have the scroll bar fade in/out only when the user is moving around. Keeps the view clean but of course some designers/users may like it always on.
Nice going Morph and Wiz!!! Extra points for an option to have the scroll bar fade in/out only when the user is moving around...
There were some question how to find settings when Titanium skin (see also...
Replies
Views
Thanks for those new suggestions! For splash screen, I would suggest a more subtle one, like the one suggested by kcosta. We had some internal discussions where we choose the current icon which you can see as icon of the EXE file. It's not so easy to change it because many things have to be discussed. The icon must fit to the...
Thanks for those new suggestions! For splash screen, I would suggest a more subtle one, like the one suggested by kcosta. We had...
Splash screen and Icons for MP2 Alpha release As announced here...
Replies
Views
hi, Partly it's quite hard to follow your words and honestly I'm after reading all your posts not 100% sure what you want to reach or achieve. Feedback is welcome and I'd like to understand all of your points. Perhaps it's also me, because I'm not native English. You mentioned that all skins have some good points, but seem not like...
hi, Partly it's quite hard to follow your words and honestly I'm after reading all your posts not 100% sure what you want to reach...
WARNING TOUGH LOVE TO FOLLOW I'm switching from Windows Media Center re Windows Tin. I thought I'd give you some interface...
Replies
Views
Re: AW: Re: MP2 Theme: Dark Silver That is really interesting, I had no idea that could be done with the new skin engine (but to be fair, I haven't read up on everything in the Wiki yet). Sounds like skin designers and their users are going to have a very productive time once they get their heads round the concept.
Re: AW: Re: MP2 Theme: Dark Silver That is really interesting, I had no idea that could be done with the new skin engine (but to...
I started to style the included MP2 themes a bit, and here are the results:
Replies
Views
Branch pushed, see post here.
Branch pushed, see post here.
@Developers Is there any chance to achieve a smooth transition for the FanArtBackgrounds? Actually it is really annoying, that...
Replies
Views
Hi Use link below http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh706316(v=vs.85).aspx Cool enuff? /mrj
Hi Use link below http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh706316(v=vs.85).aspx Cool enuff? /mrj
Few more information what I am actually trying to do: Direct2D is an interface to do hardware based modification on...
Replies
Views
@offbyone this would be really amazing if we can build a link between VS designer and MP2 for rendering! This feature already exists, inside SkinHelperPlugin there is a "ReloadSkin" action, which maps following shortcuts: public static readonly Key RELOAD_SCREEN_KEY = Key.F3; public static readonly Key RELOAD_THEME_KEY = Key.F4...
@offbyone this would be really amazing if we can build a link between VS designer and MP2 for rendering! This feature already...
Up to now, if you open the MP2 skin files (screens, styles) inside a design tool (VisualStudio, Blend), the used elements are not...
Replies
Views
Got more?
Got more?
Pretty interested in creating a theme for MP2, but not exactly up to speed on the XAML/skin engine side of things. I used to do a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 A new project DE
Is ViewPort3D planned for the future? :) I remember me trying some things with MPF and this was one of the most missing parts :(
Is ViewPort3D planned for the future? :) I remember me trying some things with MPF and this was one of the most missing parts :(
Hi, As you already know, i'm the author of the Black Glass skins collection. A lot of good new skins have been released for Mp1...
Replies
Views
AW: New: Antialiasing for MP2 gui this is not what I meant, AA is disabled when presenting image/video surfaces, but it's enabled for vector graphics: - render video image without AA - render GUI controls using AA AA setting can be controlled for each drawed primitive separately
AW: New: Antialiasing for MP2 gui this is not what I meant, AA is disabled when presenting image/video surfaces, but it's enabled...
Hi all, I finally managed to find a working D3D setup to enable anti-aliasing for MP2 :) It gives us smoother edges, button...
Replies
Views
Cinema plugin is not working since November 2016, because Google stopped the service unfortunately. WebRadio should work. But to help more information are necessary. From where did you download the plugin? Please attach log files when ever something is not working. Assuming that you took the correct version from download section...
Cinema plugin is not working since November 2016, because Google stopped the service unfortunately. WebRadio should work. But to...
Why is the front screen not so user friendly? The MP1 front screen user interface is perfect. Looks great, works great and most...
Replies
Views
I've taken your idea and implemented the extension right now: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commits/FEAT_SkinResolution_v2. It's much better as it caused nearly no changes in markup (y). The extension is also extensible :D ;) for future resolutions.
I've taken your idea and implemented the extension right now...
The "Default" skin of MP2 is the base for all other skins. It's developed as a basic, fast and extensible skin. It's designed as...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skinning contest DE
AW: Skinning contest At the current state of development, there is another reason why I don't want to provide such a build to the public: If we would provide everything out-of-the-box, people would probably also expect to get a visual design tool for skins, to get a detailed reference etc. At this point of time, I would like to...
AW: Skinning contest At the current state of development, there is another reason why I don't want to provide such a build to the...
The time has come! We start our skinning competition for MediaPortal 2. Everyone can take part, either alone or in a group. Those...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom