Soundcards and Soundsystems (2 Viewers)

Discussions about Soundcards and Soundsystems in here
Thanx dude.... :-)
Thanx dude.... :-)
Anyone have testfiles to test 5.1 system????
Replies
Views
Hi Terra, I have tried your script for turn on my Yamaha V481 receiver and it worked with minor changing but it is not working for turning off my amp?? Could you please help me. I have feeling that I am missing something there. Please check the files attached. Thanks, Nabeel
Hi Terra, I have tried your script for turn on my Yamaha V481 receiver and it worked with minor changing but it is not working for...
Hi guys, I recently bought a Yamaha RX-V473 A/V-Receiver and was looking for a way to start and stop the Yamaha together with my...
Replies
Views
S/PDIF will pass Dolby Digital and DTS, but none of the high-resolution audio formats on Blu-Ray (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio). But, without a high-end receiver or amp and solid speaker setup, you won't hear much of a difference between them.
S/PDIF will pass Dolby Digital and DTS, but none of the high-resolution audio formats on Blu-Ray (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High...
Howdy, I've never given a lot of attention to the audio component of my HTPC. I've just been too transient to invest the time...
Replies
Views
Just installed Mediainfo and you were right every movie shows up as having 2 channel audio,,.Thanks for helping to figure out what was wrong.
Just installed Mediainfo and you were right every movie shows up as having 2 channel audio,,.Thanks for helping to figure out what...
I've been rewiring my HTPC audio system as it seems the sub has never been connected, It's a pretty old system but works well...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dolby Digital Live DE
The issue mentioned above appears to be fixed in Windows 10 update "Threshold 2" (v1511) November 2015. Looks like my Sound Blaster Z is back in business :)
The issue mentioned above appears to be fixed in Windows 10 update "Threshold 2" (v1511) November 2015. Looks like my Sound Blaster...
Since I recently upgraded from a stereo sound system to surround I had to experiment quite a bit with system and MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Actually some sound cards out there do a very good job at mixing your audio through their optical S/PDIF output. See Dolby Digital Live, that makes optical output from those sound card the premium audio solution for your PC. Obviously if you already have an A/V Receiver that does a good job at mixing your HDMI audio then Sound Cards...
Actually some sound cards out there do a very good job at mixing your audio through their optical S/PDIF output. See Dolby Digital...
I'm trying to get my built-in RealTek ALC892 optical output to provide some 5.1 audio. All I get from it is 2 channels PCM. As...
Replies
Views
Putting a Sound Blaster ZxR in slot 6 above works for a bit then I got no sound and trying to turn off and on DDL decoder give me the following error:
Putting a Sound Blaster ZxR in slot 6 above works for a bit then I got no sound and trying to turn off and on DDL decoder give me...
I'm trying to get one of my Sound Blaster Z audio card to work properly. I've been using this thread to publish pictures as the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, thanks for you answers - I have fixed it now - I was being rather dumb.:oops: Having HDMI audio enabled via the NVIDIA driver DOES prevent PC volume control - but the NVIDIA driver DOES allow you to disable audio - thus re-enabling the analogue sound device and enabling volume control. But I had tried disabling the...
Hi guys, thanks for you answers - I have fixed it now - I was being rather dumb.:oops: Having HDMI audio enabled via the...
Hi, Have spent a few days reading up on this. I have a Nvidia GT210 card with dvi and HDMI outputs. My Sony Bravia TV has VGA +...
Replies
Views
It will stay open if you type the command into a cmd window, rather than into the START>Run box. Robbo100
It will stay open if you type the command into a cmd window, rather than into the START>Run box. Robbo100
I keep losing sound from MP when I start up the system (from sleep). If I go to ControlPanel>Sound then I can play system sounds...
Replies
Views
Just found out that there is a Diamond card that might work perfect. It uses a cmedia chip, and there are some open source drivers that are suppose to make it work really good. Plus its only $30 here is a description of the open source drivers: This project aims at developing drivers for C-Media 8738 / 8768 based soundcards...
Just found out that there is a Diamond card that might work perfect. It uses a cmedia chip, and there are some open source drivers...
The motherboard that I'm using is a DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI. It has a Realtek based onboard audio. I'll be using the digital coaxial...
Replies
Views
I think you can't do anything about it, except re-encode all your 44,1khz material to 48khz or the other way around through software. Many people do this, because software makes a better job in resampling. Well, your soundcard does it on the fly, so what do you expect..... For players like MPC to be able to switch the output-rate...
I think you can't do anything about it, except re-encode all your 44,1khz material to 48khz or the other way around through...
Hi there, After a friend of mine commented how her new soundcard has made a huge difference to the audio quality she hears, I've...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 S/PDIF from 3.5 mm DE
AW: S/PDIF from 3.5 mm Hi again, the mini-Optical <-> Toslink Adapter works great. Theres is an optical port inside the 3,5mm port. Cheers Dennis
AW: S/PDIF from 3.5 mm Hi again, the mini-Optical <-> Toslink Adapter works great. Theres is an optical port inside the 3,5mm...
Hello, i've got a Jetway J9F2 Mainboard. (JETWAY COMPUTER) wich should have "Realtek ALC888 5.1 Channel Audio with S/PDIF out"...
Replies
Views
Had a quick look for info. on that driver and couldn't find any. Who supplies the driver? Is it AMD/ATI or Realtek? EDIT - OK, found it. It's Realtek. Will give it a go! EDIT 2 - Tried it, still the same. Boot server, sound is fine, leave video playing, change channels on the TV, change back to PC, no sound. EDIT 3 -...
Had a quick look for info. on that driver and couldn't find any. Who supplies the driver? Is it AMD/ATI or Realtek? EDIT -...
How do I enable sound over the HDMI from the Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H motherboard?
Replies
Views
There is an open bug report about this problem; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/bass-player-does-not-reinitialize-sound-device.103717/
There is an open bug report about this problem...
Thinking about getting myself a new amp and the onkyo seems like a good choice. A few things that I wonder thou: How is MPs auto...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Buying a new AVR - Sony or Onkyo? (1 Viewer) DE
Impressions: First of all, the sound is much better than with the Pioneer I had to replace, surely because of the higher output specs. This might also be because of some processing to allow full surround feeling even at lower levels that I'm using. I had this on an older, non-HDMI Pioneer that I loved, and they called the setting...
Impressions: First of all, the sound is much better than with the Pioneer I had to replace, surely because of the higher output...
Today my Pioneer VSX-921 AVR has gotten the equivalent of the XBox 360's RRD problem (UE22 error). This is very common after about...
Replies
Views
x2. What kiwi said! If you want HD audio, and a more-than adequate GFX card, definitely go with the new ATI 5670 (i'm their new poster boy) and guess what? It's less than $100 for each manufacturer on newegg! Seriously, you can't go wrong with that deal...
x2. What kiwi said! If you want HD audio, and a more-than adequate GFX card, definitely go with the new ATI 5670 (i'm their...
I'm about to upgrade just about every component to my HTPC. Mainboard, cpu, ram,video etc. The one area I'm still not sure on is...
Replies
Views
Sure. Let me know if you run into any kind of a dead end. Can be overwhelming sometimes with all its possibilities... I'll attach the part of my config with the lav stuff. You can load it in eg and have a look. You will have to change the file ext first to xml. Can't load those up here apparently...
Sure. Let me know if you run into any kind of a dead end. Can be overwhelming sometimes with all its possibilities... I'll attach...
I have my HTPC setup to output to my Yamaha receiver (YSP2500) with TV in one room and into another room with a normal TV without...
Replies
Views
It is worth noting that it won't decode Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio, but it will pass through analog LPCM 7.1. LPCM is as good as if not better than the other formats, but isn't available on all releases (not sure of the number). In an ideal world it would be possible to buy a decoder for the other HD...
It is worth noting that it won't decode Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio, but it will pass through analog...
If you are (like me) looking for HDMI capabilities on an old receiver and at the same time refuse to part with your receiver then...
Replies
Views
Solved
Solved
Hi everybody, As Logitech is releasing a new 5.1, I decided to buy the "old" but so good Z-5500 for my HTPC. I was previously...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just setup MP 1.12.0 as an alternative to WMC given Windows 10 no longer supports WMC. I've got static as well when playing MKV files, the TV audio seems fine not having any problems with that. I've tried different combinations of settings, and all I can seem to achieve is static or no audio at all. HELP! I've got my audio...
Hi, I've just setup MP 1.12.0 as an alternative to WMC given Windows 10 no longer supports WMC. I've got static as well when...
I’m having kind of a strange problem with my HTPC and was hoping somebody could help me out. Yesterday I set up my HTPC using...
Replies
Views
thx for replying. I'll try the new 1.3.0 tsreader tonight and let you know of the outcome. Also I was under the impression that time stretching had no business when watching live TV. /gibman
thx for replying. I'll try the new 1.3.0 tsreader tonight and let you know of the outcome. Also I was under the impression that...
Since a few days ago I finally upgraded to an older AVR from around 2007 - the yamaha rx-v661. Got it really cheap too since it...
Replies
Views
Awesome, the 9.3 drivers work! I now have audio and the videos I have tested play just fine. Many thanks. By the way, my card has a native hdmi port, no adapter needed. Just thought I'd point that out to anyone stumbling across this thread.
Awesome, the 9.3 drivers work! I now have audio and the videos I have tested play just fine. Many thanks. By the way, my card has...
I have the Radeon hd 4550 and I am trying to connect it to my receiver though hdmi and can't get any audio... I have searched...
Replies
Views
I don't use it due to the sound from my LCD being pretty terrible, but I have tried passthrough (using my Yamaha RX-V1065) before. Basically, from memory, the problem is that your TV can't decode it. Unfortunately if you want to get the sound working in passthrough mode, you'll need to set ffdshow to transcode AC3 to something else.
I don't use it due to the sound from my LCD being pretty terrible, but I have tried passthrough (using my Yamaha RX-V1065) before...
Hi, is there someone who uses a Yamaha Av-Receiver in Standby passthrough mode? I'm trying to get it work but I don't get a sound...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 hdmi no audio DE
the manual does not say much about the spidf connection on the hdmi card you have 2 pins for the card to attatch to it, but when i connect up a audio led no out put, tried the onboard spidf as the setup as 7.1 out put and spidf as well the set up is my own build it was based on a scaleo e fujitsu, the build has 3.06 d processor 1 gb...
the manual does not say much about the spidf connection on the hdmi card you have 2 pins for the card to attatch to it, but when i...
i have recently finished my htpc and installed a graphics card nvidia 8600, it has a hdmi socket on it, when i connect this to my...
Replies
Views
I bought one of these a while back for $10, but just got around to actually installing it in a build (Pentium-4 MP client). Works fine. Almost exactly like the old inexpensive ChainTech card. Windows Update has a driver for it, but use the enhanced Envy24 drivers for better control over optical SPDIF. PPA 1431v 6-Channels 16-bit...
I bought one of these a while back for $10, but just got around to actually installing it in a build (Pentium-4 MP client). Works...
Since the Chaintech AV-710 (VIA Envy24) is not made any more, what inexpensive PCI card do you guys recommend for adding Tos-Link...
Replies
Views
Got a Xonar DX myself. In general im pretty happy with it due to the DTS live function. Soundquality wise, I think the speakers used are the biggest influence normal people notice. Not talking about audiophiles.. One downside of Asus is they deliver crap drivers with the xonar. It is still not doing good "event mode driven"...
Got a Xonar DX myself. In general im pretty happy with it due to the DTS live function. Soundquality wise, I think the speakers...
Hi Together, our HTPC is working fine with the onBoard "Realtek High Definiton ALC892 Codec" sound of the Gigabyte...
Replies
Views
Yes ati driver is used, didn't change anything at all:)
Yes ati driver is used, didn't change anything at all:)
Hi there I am _so_ close at having a flawless htpc, except for one annoying thing: After every sound played theres a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dreambox functions DE
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center computer, and i've got a few questions before i start. obviously i want to use media portal sofware. But i want to use a dream box. But as far as i know from past experience with satelite tv boxes. You have to...
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center...
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 5.1 Surround setup DE
thanks for the replies guys. only problem with my current sound setup is that the amp im using was part of my old dvd player setup, so the cable running from the sound card to the amp/sub is a custom made (as the dvd player audio out socket was a weird shape) so wont fit any of the sound card outputs. im currently using the...
thanks for the replies guys. only problem with my current sound setup is that the amp im using was part of my old dvd player...
what do people have as their surround sound setup? i have a 7.1 sound card installed in my media centre but havent made the most of...
Replies
Views
Re: No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works) OK i also went the easy way and installed SAF 5, which automatically set up itself perfectly, i just had to tick the pass through boxes and everything worked fine :)
Re: No HD bitstreaming with Asus EAH5570 HDMI out (non HD works) OK i also went the easy way and installed SAF 5, which...
Hello everyone, Im using the above mentioned Graphics card HDMI out to my AV Receiver but i cant get DTS and other Surround...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom