Tools and other software (18 Viewers)

Discuss tools and other software in here
there is a backup of the /data folder in the /backup folder where all your data (except cache) is being stored before you did upgrade. Just re-install v3 and extract the contents from the backup file to the /data folder of your v3 installation
there is a backup of the /data folder in the /backup folder where all your data (except cache) is being stored before you did...
tinyMediaManager is a media management tool written in Java/Swing. It is written to provide metadata and artwork for XBMC and...
Replies
Views
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper allows you to override the default behavior of your MCE remote by editing your Windows registry. While we do not recommend using it, as MCE remotes are supported out-of-the-box by MediaPortal, we acknowledge it can be of great help in some situations. You can find the source code on GitHub. Using this tool...
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper allows you to override the default behavior of your MCE remote by editing your Windows registry. While...
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper allows you to override the default behavior of your MCE remote by editing your Windows registry. While...
Replies
Views
Windows Security in Windows 10 blocks the current version as containing Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B, even though dozens of online AV-testers on VirusTotal give it a clean bill of health. According to VirusTotal, only scumware.org accuses HID Demo 1.4.6 of containing "Malware". The "Search" function on the scumware.org site shows...
Windows Security in Windows 10 blocks the current version as containing Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B, even though dozens of online...
Lastest version now available from slions.net. The installer has changed from ClickOnce to Squirrel so you should uninstall older...
Replies
Views
Hi. The easiest way to have 100% match for movies is to use the tt number as video name. E.G. a video with name tt0111282.mkv is 100% secure identified as "Stargate (1994)" MKV-Buddy renames the finished videos automatically to your like, so this input- name is no problem at all. Series are a bit more to do. You need a sub-folder for...
Hi. The easiest way to have 100% match for movies is to use the tt number as video name. E.G. a video with name tt0111282.mkv is...
Which tagger do you use for modifying the tags of your music files (MP3 ID3, ....)? Mp3tag? MusicBrainz Picard? MPTagThat? foobar...
Replies
Views
Ok, this Menu button is nearly invisible on my system... The 3x3 Dots are dark grey on dark blue ground. Once I've selected advanced menu, everything is visible. clearly Nevertheless, I've done the corrections now. Thanks for assistance.
Ok, this Menu button is nearly invisible on my system... The 3x3 Dots are dark grey on dark blue ground. Once I've selected...
Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
Replies
Views
The actual Avidemux version can handle h.264 TS quite good. Unfortunatly, cutting function isn't frame accurate. Only I-Frames could be used. For mpeg2-TS I still like to use ProjectX for demuxing, analysing, corrections and Cuttermaran with QuEnc Encoder for Frame accuracy. It does perfect commercial cuttings. Especially if there...
The actual Avidemux version can handle h.264 TS quite good. Unfortunatly, cutting function isn't frame accurate. Only I-Frames...
This has been asked many a time, what can I use to easily cut\edit .ts files, one that does both mpeg2 and h.264. Well I have...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'll close this post as MKV Buddy is history The future is here: Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor.
Hi. I'll close this post as MKV Buddy is history The future is here: Media-Buddy - the MKV Buddy successor.
Hi. I like to introduce you a tool I've developed. It's called "MKV Buddy" . The main goal of MKV Buddy is to simplify and speed up...
Replies
Views
I think you're looking for the latest weekly build: Latest Beta Revisions and Release Candidates - FileBot
I think you're looking for the latest weekly build: Latest Beta Revisions and Release Candidates - FileBot
FileBot is the ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader. It just works. Easy. FileBot is really smart about matching your...
Replies
Views
Release v2.3.0 added support for FRITZ!Box socket switch actions (toggle, on, off).
Release v2.3.0 added support for FRITZ!Box socket switch actions (toggle, on, off).
For downloads and up to date information about CIC please visit the CIC home page. Initially designed to manage internal VFD...
Replies
Views
Hi. There is a new version of Media-Buddy available today, 1.3.0.9 In addition to a few bug fixes, a new feature is the ability to create mappings for age ratings. The online data sources rarely contain the classifications that are suitable for us. For example, if it says "12" in IMDB, if you have selected German, it will be mapped...
Hi. There is a new version of Media-Buddy available today, 1.3.0.9 In addition to a few bug fixes, a new feature is the ability...
Hi. Her comes the first version of our new tool named "Media-Buddy". If you prefer reading in German, here is the German post...
Replies
Views
Hi. WebGrab has nothing to do with tvguide.com support inside EPG-Buddy. It's a completely independent module. There are various completely independent EPG data source modules in EPG-Buddy. One of those modules is WebGrab, another one is TVSpielfilm (what I use for my EPG data at home), that is working without any part of WebGrab...
Hi. WebGrab has nothing to do with tvguide.com support inside EPG-Buddy. It's a completely independent module. There are various...
@lightshock @Lehmden While I do understand how hard it is to support the ATSC function without having a system within the U.S.A. I...
Replies
Views
Doh! "For firewall I use Avira Free". I of course meant "For anti-virus". I'm not particularly keen on MSE (as Owlsroost says, it's not very configurable) and I've only used it in the Virtualbox guest as Avira is incompatible with that and causes it to BSOD and fail to boot!
Doh! "For firewall I use Avira Free". I of course meant "For anti-virus". I'm not particularly keen on MSE (as Owlsroost says...
Hi all, I'm looking for an antivirus and firewall suitable for a HTPC. My current one (McAfee Internet Security) has expired...
Replies
Views
The link takes me elsewhere. :( Emph
The link takes me elsewhere. :( Emph
Hi. Link to German Forum Let me introduce you Video2MKV_Convert, an app to convert (remuxx) lots of video files to MKV with one...
Replies
Views
Hello, just passing before go to Spain for 1 week ... You can use the button select.. to filter the titles in the top left and in multiple editions.
Hello, just passing before go to Spain for 1 week ... You can use the button select.. to filter the titles in the top left and in...
Hello, I changed my XBNE software used to edit the video DataBase of XBMC. Now he can work with the video DataBase of...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your input, but i'm not sure now what to do lol :)
Thanks for your input, but i'm not sure now what to do lol :)
Hi, After long search, we found 2 methods for update or install MySQL. This is User Expérience ! ;)...
Replies
Views
Will this DVDFab alternative allow you to simply bypass Blu-Ray encryption? I think the OP was looking to simply toss in a Blu-ray disc and press play rather than having to rip it.
Will this DVDFab alternative allow you to simply bypass Blu-Ray encryption? I think the OP was looking to simply toss in a Blu-ray...
Is there an alternative to dvdfab's passkey lite for bypassing bluray encryption for watching bluray discs in MP? It's been OK for...
Replies
Views
I use Ember Media Manager to scrape nfos and fanart for my TV shows. I also like to download clearart and clearlogos directly from fanart.tv to select the ones I like best and save them to the show folders. Then the XBMC clients are able to find them. So I wrote a batch file to copy those cleararts and clearlogos to the MePo thumbs...
I use Ember Media Manager to scrape nfos and fanart for my TV shows. I also like to download clearart and clearlogos directly from...
Hey, im running small batch files on my HTPC on resume to handle stuff like backups and starting epg grabbing. I thought i would...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've just installed PDVD9 Ultra (after getting a new HD TV). Blu Rays seem to work fine, although I have no idea if it is using DXVA (CPU usage ~25%). I have set DXVA to 'enabled' in the PDVD configuration but Paranoid Delusion quoted ~7% so I am not sure if my setup is using hardware acceleration. Is there any other way...
Hi All, I've just installed PDVD9 Ultra (after getting a new HD TV). Blu Rays seem to work fine, although I have no idea if it...
I just saw that Cyberlink released PowerDVD 9. There is also a Free Trial available. Has someone tried it already? DVD Player...
Replies
Views
Dear community, please find the latest version 1.2.4 of my Monitoring Collection in the first post of this thread, appropriate installer files are available on my homepage here or in the Heise download archive. According to a personal feedback you will find attached a license key for evaluation purposes, which is valid for 30 days...
Dear community, please find the latest version 1.2.4 of my Monitoring Collection in the first post of this thread, appropriate...
Tools to monitor your machine devices, activities and performance These are not specific MediaPortal related tools, but maybe it's...
Replies
Views
I use h.264 1200 kbps for SDTV (720x575 px, 25 fps), 2-pass VBR. But you can go down to 1000, still works very nice. For 720p I would use h.264 3000-4000 kbps VBR (1-pass average or 2-pass) at 25 fps (depends on the source, 24p, PAL/NTSC). 720p has about 2x more pixels than SDTV, so it should work at 2400 kbps above.
I use h.264 1200 kbps for SDTV (720x575 px, 25 fps), 2-pass VBR. But you can go down to 1000, still works very nice. For 720p I...
I regularly want to save TV recodings for the kids. For this I like to cut the pre- and post-recording and for some channels do...
Replies
Views
I apologize for my novice question but can it convert from ISO to MKV lossless?
I apologize for my novice question but can it convert from ISO to MKV lossless?
Introducing MkvBatcher http://www.mkvbatcher.com/ MkvBatcher Free is a fully automatic Blu-ray/DVD ripper and video batch...
Replies
Views
Hi. Sorry, we are not far enough developed for first tests. I will inform you as soon as there is something to do. A first screenshot of the new program so you can see something really is going on: By the way, we want to support Schedules Direct right out of our program. Our new Program should download the data from SD and bring...
Hi. Sorry, we are not far enough developed for first tests. I will inform you as soon as there is something to do. A first...
Hi. I like to introduce a little tool named Episodes2TVGuide (short E2T) written by @lightshock to enrich any xmltv compatible...
Replies
Views
Great. :) Yep, I figured as much. Silly Ceton. :rolleyes: I'm happy to have been able to help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
Great. :) Yep, I figured as much. Silly Ceton. :rolleyes: I'm happy to have been able to help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have...
This is mainly an FYI to the community. I recently acquired a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH device only to find out there is no support...
Replies
Views
Hi, I use DVDFabHDDecrypter to get files on to HDD then Handbrake to convert m2ts stream to mkv. This gets excellent H264 quality, with lots of options for audio, including dts and ac3 passthrough. These are all free..... DVDFabHDDecrypter: http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm Handbrake: http://handbrake.fr/ Cheers, Colin
Hi, I use DVDFabHDDecrypter to get files on to HDD then Handbrake to convert m2ts stream to mkv. This gets excellent H264...
Hi all, Just trying to find the best way to rip bluray main movie to mkv. As the title suggest i do not want to use makeMKV...
Replies
Views
"Trolling the forums" LOL! I think you meant "trawling the forums" :)
"Trolling the forums" LOL! I think you meant "trawling the forums" :)
I am setting up an HTPC for a friend with MediaPortal on it. He also wants to watch Blu-Rays from within MediaPortal. Of course for...
Replies
Views
Just to put my hat in the ring. I put all the TV-box sets I buy I use DVD Decrypter to rip the discs to hdd. I then use handbrake to convert them h264/ac3 passthru. A 42 minute episode takes between 900mb and 1200mb with no loss of quality - a 8gb disc of CSI ends up as 4gb. I normally run them through with 424 width and...
Just to put my hat in the ring. I put all the TV-box sets I buy I use DVD Decrypter to rip the discs to hdd. I then use...
Any recommendations about what applications or codecs give the best results? I'm thinking I'm going to use handbrake.fr and either...
Replies
Views
Glad to hear it. Nothing major from me. The only settings that might be useful to change at some point after are the language flags or the name of each track at the mkv merge stage. But that can be done at any point. You may want to set a subtitle track to be forced for some reason, as an example. I avoided doing this conversion due...
Glad to hear it. Nothing major from me. The only settings that might be useful to change at some point after are the language flags...
Hi there, I have finally got round to tidying up some of my media folders. I have loads of .rec, .dvr-ms, .WTV and .ts files...
Replies
Views
Simply for the above reason^^^ IMGBurn is the way to go! See my sig for bluray ripping/burning
Simply for the above reason^^^ IMGBurn is the way to go! See my sig for bluray ripping/burning
Looking for a replacement for NERO, as they have finally ran me off, they have got just to damn expensive and tired of the new...
Replies
Views
I use flexraid for raid + pooling combination. If you only want pooling, windows 8 has to be worth a try first.
I use flexraid for raid + pooling combination. If you only want pooling, windows 8 has to be worth a try first.
Hello everyone, I have gotten to the point where my computer that stores my media files is becoming hard to track. Right now I...
Replies
Views
hi guys, I did have a working version of pdvd8, its h264 codec was working fine with MP1.0. today I bought a new Bluray (bond, quantum of solace), this said it wouldn't play without a pdvd update. so I let pdvd update. The bluray now plays fine. but my h.264 code has vanished in mediaportal :growl: . I tried to manually regsvr32 /i...
hi guys, I did have a working version of pdvd8, its h264 codec was working fine with MP1.0. today I bought a new Bluray (bond...
Hi, there's an update for PWDVD! Hopefully it solves my Problems with some BlueRays (Hulk, Horton hears...)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was just wondering whether there have been any recent updates in the world of free editing tools. At the moment, I am mainly concentrating on the editing out of the adverts from the .ts file and preserving subtitles (not re-encoding at the meoment). I have done a bit more research and the only real free alternative...
Hi all, I was just wondering whether there have been any recent updates in the world of free editing tools. At the moment, I...
Hi there, I have a load of mediaportal recordings and I would like to cut out of the adverts and the padding from the beginning...
Replies
Views
I am doing that with my own MPTagThat
I am doing that with my own MPTagThat
Hello, i want to share my script for rename/move Audio files using Musicbrainz Picard. for information, an portable is available...
Replies
Views
I know this is an old thread but I would like to use this script with MediaPortal 1.20 but even after changing the "RECORDINGS" setting, nothing happens... Any idea as to what should be updated to make this script compatible with the latest release of MediaPortal? Thank you very much!
I know this is an old thread but I would like to use this script with MediaPortal 1.20 but even after changing the "RECORDINGS"...
I already asked for help in the german forum of mediaportal but there I did't get any answer. All my tv recordings are stored in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom