Video-Cards (10 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Fyi Latest lav filters and last couple of updates have a number of dxva fixes targeting amd corruption/dropped frames Version 0.56.2 - 19/04/2013 Will test these out as I occasionally (very rare) get the corruption still
Fyi Latest lav filters and last couple of updates have a number of dxva fixes targeting amd corruption/dropped frames Version...
I feel it's important to let any possible future ATI customers know about this very annoying issue. I've been bugged by this for...
Replies
Views
Example Post: HD4670 - Powercolor HD4670 1GB Specifications http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=89 Testimonials Fairly quiet card No problems with hardware deinterlacing of 1080i No HDMI connector, so you must use an HDMI-DVI adaptor Not worth buying new anymore, but would make a good card if you picked a...
Example Post: HD4670 - Powercolor HD4670 1GB Specifications http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=89...
Please view our wikipedia page for information on choosing a video card for your HTPC A Simple explanation of the role of video...
Replies
Views
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's General Options. Now everything syncs 100% with ReClock. Maybe I should post a bug report in the Refresh Rate Changer thread? Emph
Well, that didn't help. :( I did however found something that REALLY helped. Turning off the refresh rate changer in MediaPortal's...
After years of service my 8500GT has died and needs replacing. I'm looking at the GT430 or GT520. Geforce GT 520 * 810 MHz...
Replies
Views
i only use the DVI-D connection...i run audio separetly thru my amp via spdif
i only use the DVI-D connection...i run audio separetly thru my amp via spdif
Hi. Any thoughts on what to replace this with? I'm fed up with having to hack drivers and even still the video is always lagging in...
Replies
Views
No, this is why it is weird, I am using HDMI.
No, this is why it is weird, I am using HDMI.
Hello Community! Please take a look here! Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV decreased the size of the 'image' while ATI and the NVIDIA card upscaled it all to make if fit again. After a complete new install I figured out that this was causing the blurry font. Still though... the ATI...
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV...
Hi all, I've been struggling for a while to get Dutch HDTV working fluently. I've found out the IGP is to weak (HD3200). I...
Replies
Views
What do you recommend to prevent flickering with VMR9 using latest ATI drivers? backslash
What do you recommend to prevent flickering with VMR9 using latest ATI drivers? backslash
Just in case anyone's missed it these were released yesterday. And this sounds nice form the release notes! This release of...
Replies
Views
Good work sorry about the Confusion over ffdshow and the ffdshow RAW.
Good work sorry about the Confusion over ffdshow and the ffdshow RAW.
Hi all, long time user of Mepo (as my girlfriend calls it) despite occasional trips to Vista MCE.. I always come back! Little...
Replies
Views
Have you people seen this post of mine? Not sure you'll be satisfied, but I am. Try it, you might like it. And save a few bucks while you decide what to do. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/major-stutter-resolved-integrated-gpu.112492/
Have you people seen this post of mine? Not sure you'll be satisfied, but I am. Try it, you might like it. And save a few bucks...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2beta multiseat MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 32bit SP1 CPU Type: Core i3 HDD...
Replies
Views
I use ultraVNC, when I log in aero get's disabled but when I log off aero gets reenabled. Normally I don't use ultravnc when I watch tv so no problem..
I use ultraVNC, when I log in aero get's disabled but when I log off aero gets reenabled. Normally I don't use ultravnc when I...
Folks, I've recently completely upgraded my MP system and I thought I would share a rather surprising outcome... First some...
Replies
Views
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link - http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=2132
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link -...
Hi guys, Can you give me a list (5-6 agp/pci/usb) of best video cards with TV out and remote control which support Media portal...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just ordered a 6670 1GB GDDR5 (didnt see the point in a 6770 as the heat/power is getting too much for a HTPC) :D I'll do some tests against the HD4290, HD5450, HD5670 J. (Will my HTPC perfection quest ever end!)
Hi there, Just ordered a 6670 1GB GDDR5 (didnt see the point in a 6770 as the heat/power is getting too much for a HTPC) :D I'll...
I am in the process of upgrading my video card. Currently installed: ATI 4350 (passive). This was originally selected as it was...
Replies
Views
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled. I don't have overscan issues. How you set 1:1 pixel mapping? On my Sony, I have the Display Area set to “Full Pixel" Is that it? Thanks, Dan
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled...
Which driver version and why? So what I would like to know is what Nvidia hardware you have and which driver you are using with...
Replies
Views
will one of these recomended cards above help me play my 720p and 1080i movies? I recently added a used computer to my son's room. It has a celeron D processor 2.40 Ghz (if I remember correctly) with 512 MB of Memory. The video card is a Nvidea GeForce 6200 (512MB). everything works fine except any of my mkv files that are larger...
will one of these recomended cards above help me play my 720p and 1080i movies? I recently added a used computer to my son's room...
Hi, I would like to hear your experiences with different video cards. I have a rather old system (Nvidia 6200 AGP card) and is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] GT430 DE
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though that it's pretty crowded inside my HTPC case, with only a few millimeters of space between the heatsink and the tuner card next to it. It used to run even hotter until I forced the space open as far as I...
Mine runs in the upper 60's C, even over 70 C on these hot summer days. And that's with active cooling. I should mention though...
So I thought I'd go treat myself to a shiny new video card and this little baby did the trick...
Replies
Views
Hi. I was about to comment that I tried eveything suggested here, with no luck, and that remaining fact was that enabling graphs stopped tearing. This morning I tried latest dshowhelper .676(available yesterday evening?) and all was fine. 24p worked nicely. Very Nice., so Thank You @Owlsroost
Hi. I was about to comment that I tried eveything suggested here, with no luck, and that remaining fact was that enabling graphs...
I have one mp4 film(avatar) which won't play well if I set dynamic refresh rate to 23.976. Everything else is fine and all other...
Replies
Views
Quick followup - finished making the VGA->SCART this evening and it works! (this is for Radeon 7200). I did add the extra circuit for generating the composite from H+V syncs - I put it on a switch. As it happens I didn't need it, powerstrip allows setting the composite sync and it works. Out of interest I tried disabling...
Quick followup - finished making the VGA->SCART this evening and it works! (this is for Radeon 7200). I did add the extra...
Does anybody have an idea about the power consumption levels of the following cards/chipsets: - GForce 5200 - GForce MX440 -...
Replies
Views
I have a Athlon 2400BE and DXVA is working fine under vista.
I have a Athlon 2400BE and DXVA is working fine under vista.
Hi! At the moment i've the GA-MA78GM-DS2H - but i cannot use Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing with my Athlon X2 4200ee and i don't...
Replies
Views
No issues (connected to AVR)
No issues (connected to AVR)
Hello. i have this issue, maybe related to my hardware : HTPC (DVI to HDMI adaptater) --- hdmi ----> TV the DVI hdmi adapter is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Owlsroost - huge thanks, mate - that seems to have fixed it:thx::D There was only a 0000 folder and a vidoe folder, but changing it as per the instructions and your first file worked great. Interface is now showing as DVI and I have more screen resolutions available. Cheers ...Steve
Hi All, Owlsroost - huge thanks, mate - that seems to have fixed it:thx::D There was only a 0000 folder and a vidoe folder...
Hi all, I think I may have an interesting problem:-) I have MP1.0.2 in my HTPC that has been working quite happily through my...
Replies
Views
dxva working with xp sp3 for h264 in pdvd8 and mpc-hc. havn't tested for mpeg2 h264 hdtv + pdvd8 + 9.4 seemed to have occasional glitch where video would be green and freeze with live tv, therefore i went back to 8.12 to use for h264 hdtv.
dxva working with xp sp3 for h264 in pdvd8 and mpc-hc. havn't tested for mpeg2 h264 hdtv + pdvd8 + 9.4 seemed to have occasional...
Here is the Link! Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
hmm.. 2 people with no problems. OK Im going to give it another try and report back if the hd reg tweaks have workd or not :) [edit] Still no succes. I have 2 options available for dxva. see picture. I also added the 8.12 picture of the DXVA check. Im going back again to 8.12. Other people have troubles with this as...
hmm.. 2 people with no problems. OK Im going to give it another try and report back if the hd reg tweaks have workd or not :)...
Hi Community! ATI Catalyst™ 9.1 Display Driver are out now! Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
Well, after much testing, tweaking, rebooting and reading I found that the passively cooled Sapphire X1300 card of mine can be overclocked to handle the required bandwidth Microsoft suggests for HDTV. It requires the latest beta of ATi Tool. (V.25 beta 13) The card *is* 128bit. The older tools identified it as 64. Setting the...
Well, after much testing, tweaking, rebooting and reading I found that the passively cooled Sapphire X1300 card of mine can be...
Hi, Until now I was going to get a passively cooled Nvidia card that support PureVideo so that I would get smooth playback etc...
Replies
Views
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Yep not pretty at all :( At least you have not invalidated your warranty on graphics card ;)
Found this article today on anandtech's website..very useful if you are the kind to be ultra specific in your htpc video card...
Replies
Views
no, for me it is not visible, even if I am logged in. Maybe you have to enable it. Do you see it yourself? I can see my own "My System". user CP -> edit your detail -> display user specs But with your Phenom the HD4200 will perform really fine, as it should. exactly. idle consumption and energy efficiency is the point. And Athol II...
no, for me it is not visible, even if I am logged in. Maybe you have to enable it. Do you see it yourself? I can see my own "My...
Hi, I had a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, which has to be replaced. I have found different similar boards with different integrated...
Replies
Views
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know what to do with this card... I just feel like taking it back :(
Hi Ray, The ones that came with the card were a couple of revisions back from the current ones.. 306.x ?? I really don't know...
Hi Guys, Just installed my new Asus GT 630 2Gb video card in the lounge based PC. (The old HD5550 is now in the server). Setup...
Replies
Views
as far as i know ati does not do l5.1, max official dxva standards (l4.1). nvidia does not have this limitation.
as far as i know ati does not do l5.1, max official dxva standards (l4.1). nvidia does not have this limitation.
But I cant get any releasenotes "page can not be found" Vistadriver is here
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Good PCI Video card DE
What exactly is it in both Mediaportal and MCE that requires such a powerful card? After all it's not doing anything you can't do on an Xbox and look at the spec of that! I'm still waiting for my tuner card to arrive but so far MCE has played every video format I've thrown at it using just the on-board IBM graphics chipset. The only...
What exactly is it in both Mediaportal and MCE that requires such a powerful card? After all it's not doing anything you can't do...
I'm trying to build a bare bones media system using a Dell Optiplex GX110. The problem is, it doesn't have an AGP slot, as I was...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] What card? DE
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing of our satellite TV. Maybe i'll upgrade later to an GTX650, but this one does the job quite well.
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing...
I was on the verge of upgrading to a GT420 when NVidia went and changed their lineup... So the question is whether to get a GT420...
Replies
Views
I have noticed that and downloaded the AVIVO codec pack for 9.7 and I think its working better now. My De-noise is working. (?)
I have noticed that and downloaded the AVIVO codec pack for 9.7 and I think its working better now. My De-noise is working. (?)
I think for the other OS it will come soon! ATI Catalyst™ 9.7 Suite for Windows 7 (32-bit) Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
Depends on the settings, generally though, dvb-t and regular birate analogue would cost you about 3GB per hour. HD dvb can be about 6GB per hour. Ive got a 120GB HDD in ours and thats plenty for us. We dont keep what we record, so once its been watched, it gets nuked.
Depends on the settings, generally though, dvb-t and regular birate analogue would cost you about 3GB per hour. HD dvb can be about...
I'm setting up my first HTCP. It's a low budget HTCP and is only going to be used for TV (watching, recording), DVD and music...
Replies
Views
Yep - as I've since found out through closer inspection of it. Interestingly though, PDVD8 was playing it as DXVA (VMR9 input pin was definitely DXVA), but with massive artifacting. MPC-HC refuses to play it as DXVA. I'm guessing the artifacting occurred because of too many reference frames - periodically the artifacts would...
Yep - as I've since found out through closer inspection of it. Interestingly though, PDVD8 was playing it as DXVA (VMR9 input pin...
I need a low profile video card that isn't top of the line, but can get the job done. It needs to be able to playback 1080p...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom