Video-Cards (9 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
I have the 11.6 and it works fine. No problems with it. I had the overscan problems too and it was a wrong driver from AMD.
I have the 11.6 and it works fine. No problems with it. I had the overscan problems too and it was a wrong driver from AMD.
Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine?
Replies
Views
Hi, The nVidia GT210 is a little underpowered. I replaced mine with a GT430 and see a massive difference. For what it's worth, I see many people on the forums complaining about the AMD drivers. It seems that every time the drivers are updated, something goes wrong. This is why I tend to avoid AMD cards. My experience with nVidia...
Hi, The nVidia GT210 is a little underpowered. I replaced mine with a GT430 and see a massive difference. For what it's...
Hi, i searching new mediacenter. actually i use amd fusion e350 with nvidia gt210 gpu. (onboard amd gpu i have trouble with video...
Replies
Views
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange! Crappy ATI-drivers. BTW I use HD3200. 11.5 too new for 'good old' HD3200/4200?? regards, Nico
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange...
I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this: on a system with a Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (onboard Radeon HD 4250)...
Replies
Views
Hi again Might have been best to post this in your other thread as the topics are very closely related. ;) In any case, my first question would be what refresh rate is your TV set operating at, and does it match the refresh rate of your TV content (presumably 50 Hz since you're in Australia) and movies? Also, have you got VSYNC...
Hi again Might have been best to post this in your other thread as the topics are very closely related. ;) In any case, my...
Hey guys, got a strange issue here. up until now i have been running mediaportal fine, connect via ''ON BOARD'' HDMI to my LED...
Replies
Views
The mini ninja is/was the nuts.
The mini ninja is/was the nuts.
Hey Guys, looking at getting a video card for my HTPC would like to get one under $100 but am open to options, so with that...
Replies
Views
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA decoder. Had to go with the passive Gainward version too as the Asus was unavailable, which may have been a blessing in disguise!
Well the GT520 seems to be coping well with 1080i here no probs. Using DXVA on Windows 7 with latest drivers and Microsoft DTV DXVA...
Whoo! Nvidia have announced the Nvidia 520 series graphics card..aimed directly at the HTPC market! The only fanless card ive...
Replies
Views
Basically, I solved the problem by finally using a DVi <-> HDMI connection instead of a HDMI <-> HDMI one, it's ok for me to be with DVI because I use audio via the analog outputs and my plasma TV is better handling video signal when DVI (full RGB). If you really want HDMI <-> HDMI then there are a few workaround described in the link...
Basically, I solved the problem by finally using a DVi <-> HDMI connection instead of a HDMI <-> HDMI one, it's ok for me to be...
resolution change after rebooting or wake up from sleep Hi all, I have an annoying problem. Sometimes, the screen resolution...
Replies
Views
AW: laggy video playback after refresh rate change I got it... The EPU energy saver for the Asus board was the problem. I have no idea why but it looks like that the EPU engine is turning down the system performance dramatically after changing the refresh rate :wtf: ... anyway, now it works fine
AW: laggy video playback after refresh rate change I got it... The EPU energy saver for the Asus board was the problem. I have...
After changing the refresh rate I get a cpu load up to 100% while playing h.264 videos (Iam not using an external player) and they...
Replies
Views
Yeah, thats correct. PCI-X audio (Xonar is a bit sucky though) and a PCI-E HD5670 IGP and onboard sound is disabled.
Yeah, thats correct. PCI-X audio (Xonar is a bit sucky though) and a PCI-E HD5670 IGP and onboard sound is disabled.
I'm asking this question because I've been getting ati2dvag BSOD with 11.2, 11.1 and now 10.12 with my HD3300 IGP (Biostar...
Replies
Views
No, it should be fine.
No, it should be fine.
Hello, I will change my video card next week (Nvidia 9600GT to ATI HD5770) and I was wondering if I have to re-install MePo after...
Replies
Views
davetheclegg Did you finally choose this HD5500? And are you happy with it? I'm interesting in this card too. Did it fix your issues? Thanks.
davetheclegg Did you finally choose this HD5500? And are you happy with it? I'm interesting in this card too. Did it fix your...
Hi all, I have just moved to mediaportal from Vista MC and i am having problems with video playback stuttering randomly. This...
Replies
Views
AW: HTPC build - Need AGP Card Recommendations Hello. Nvidia GT220 is not available for AGP Port.... You can try a ATI HD 4670 card with DDR3 Ram like this one: "HIS Radeon HD 4670 IceQ, 1024MB DDR3, VGA, DVI, HDMI". But they will be noisy as there seems to be no passive cooling available for this GPU. The PSU should be way...
AW: HTPC build - Need AGP Card Recommendations Hello. Nvidia GT220 is not available for AGP Port.... You can try a ATI HD 4670...
I'm wanting to build my first HTPC out of an old MSI K8N-NEO V2 system with the following specs below. I'm looking to watch/record...
Replies
Views
AW: HD3200 auto res. change when tv goes off Hi. See here ...
AW: HD3200 auto res. change when tv goes off Hi. See here ...
Hi there! My HTPC has the ATI 3200 HD with newest CC Software. I have connected my Onkyo TX SR Reciver via HDMI and it routes...
Replies
Views
Your problem is somehow connected to CCC changing refreshrate or resolution, but this guide has helped me in the past: How I fixed overscan/underscan issues on an ATI card without Catalyst Control Center [Text View] - AVS Forum Remember to do the described procedure for all resolutions and refreshrates that you expect to be using in...
Your problem is somehow connected to CCC changing refreshrate or resolution, but this guide has helped me in the past: How I fixed...
Hi, My TV require 0% over-scan config on the CCC in order to have full screen (no black bars) however each time i...
Replies
Views
Which nvidia model should I go for if my goal is exellent sdtv de-interlacing, good hd/br playback. No need for hd audio and 1080i. Currently using radeon 4550, but sick of flickering and HDTV corruption.
Which nvidia model should I go for if my goal is exellent sdtv de-interlacing, good hd/br playback. No need for hd audio and 1080i...
Hi here are my specs i3-550 4gb ram 250 watt power supply Is there a graphics card that will be good without upgrading...
Replies
Views
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and refresh rate as below. Note that I change the display twice to 'force' the resolution to be updated. @echo off rem http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm rem sets the display to the correct...
sure - .bat files weren't attachable, so i just pasted the contents here instead. Change the width, height, color depth and...
Sometimes when my PC comes out of standby and the (HDMI) TV is off, when i switch the TV on i find that the resolution has been...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] Advice needed DE
To a degree, what the TV is doesn't really matter. It's what the source material is that counts more. I had problems with 1080i material (Live TV and files) using a 3450. If you only ever play 720p source material then you might be ok. But if you watch live TV and tune to HD channels, I would think you would have problems.
To a degree, what the TV is doesn't really matter. It's what the source material is that counts more. I had problems with 1080i...
I have an old PC running Media Portal in my living room. It is just for playback of XVid, MKV etc. files. My TV is only 720P so...
Replies
Views
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running, right now the picture shows up on the TV but it can't quite lock correctly. I am pretty sure I have a setting slightly messed up in PowerStrip, can anyone offer advice on what front/back porch and sync...
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running...
This has been my first attempt at deploying MediaPortal, and let me say it's been bumpy at best. I finally have everything working...
Replies
Views
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched sounds. So I'm satisfied.
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched...
I have to choose from a few GT220 cards. I got a HD5450 but it gives problems on my Nvidia based mobo. Choices to make: 512 or...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/mediaportal-audio-renderer-better-video-playback-quality-84441/ Check with that how many corrections it will report - it will tell if the audio and video clocks are drifting and if there is stuttering with the normal components (stuttering is usually...
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/mediaportal-audio-renderer-better-video-playback-q...
My PC is running on an ATI 4200 HD integrated graphics chip and integrated sound (optical out to my amp). I am considering...
Replies
Views
I have an HD4200 and yes you're right it does flicker - but flicker is too strong a word for it as that implies it does it constantly. At most its every 30 seconds and probably less than that. I've stopped noticing so it's not a deal breaker if you like ATI cards.
I have an HD4200 and yes you're right it does flicker - but flicker is too strong a word for it as that implies it does it...
I'm sure most of you know this by now (I searched the forums to see if anyone else posted this info, so hopefully this can help...
Replies
Views
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate should always be a multiple of the source content (TV or video) frame rate. In other words, if it were me I would only try and set my TV to 24Hz if the video frame rates are 24fps. My reason for that...
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate...
I used to run my videos on my htpc at 1080/60hz. For the most part I could play everything with little problems. A few really high...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with the unit was faulty, but I was able to download drivers, and now all the 720p videos are playing smooth as silk, without any fan noise from the HTPC.
Thanks again for the help on this. I got the model you recommended and it's working great. I think the driver disc that came with...
I really feel that this has GOT to be covered somewhere, but I can't find it. I've got an "OK" system that I'm using as a HTPC...
Replies
Views
Does your panasonic has some menuitem called (something like) IMAGESCAN? In Dutch it is called BEELDSCAN (should be something like that in German), and it made when turned on the image from my PC about 10% smaller. This with underscan in the ATI console, it was about 30% smaller than it should be!
Does your panasonic has some menuitem called (something like) IMAGESCAN? In Dutch it is called BEELDSCAN (should be something like...
Hi, I recently "exchanged" my onboard graphic gard (MSI K9AGNeo2 Digital) with an Ati Radeon 5450. Setting the resolution to...
Replies
Views
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV decreased the size of the 'image' while ATI and the NVIDIA card upscaled it all to make if fit again. After a complete new install I figured out that this was causing the blurry font. Still though... the ATI...
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV...
Hi all, I've been struggling for a while to get Dutch HDTV working fluently. I've found out the IGP is to weak (HD3200). I...
Replies
Views
I purchased the updated BCM970015 from LogicSupply. I am using it in a Thinkpad with integrated x3100 graphics and Windows XP SP3. It took some experimentation but I finally have it working (mostly) well in MediaPortal. On certain videos (particularly 1080p h.264 files), using the VMR9 renderer would result in no video (black...
I purchased the updated BCM970015 from LogicSupply. I am using it in a Thinkpad with integrated x3100 graphics and Windows XP SP3...
I'm just curious as if this add-in card would work with MediaPortal, I'm seriously considering getting this card for smoother HD...
Replies
Views
This has been fixed if you install 10.9a: GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix Edit: beaten to it!
This has been fixed if you install 10.9a: GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix Edit: beaten to it!
Hi2all, maybe there are more folks like me who are pretty annoyed by the ugly overscan reset if you change the resolution either...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will work with what I've got and give me what I want. I recently bought a Nvidia 7600 gt (AGP 512) which worked well but Nvidia has recently discontinued the Full Screen Video Mirror ability from its 7 series and...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Replies
Views
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI audio-driver. :) If you have an AMD system, look also for the latest updated AHCI-driver that are available now.
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI...
Hotfix-driver GPU-78: ATI Catalyst? 10.9 Hotfix The hotfix-driver solves the HDMI overscan-problem. It also contains a new HDMI...
Replies
Views
Has anyone this card and working Deinterlacuing under Winxp ?
Replies
Views
Top Bottom