[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP-TVSeries Configuration is crashing outside MP-Config. Can somebody confirm?

Yes.

Windows crashlog:
    Code:
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MP-TVSeries-Configuration.exe, Version: 1.0.2.1815, Zeitstempel: 0x4e5325c4
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18229, Zeitstempel: 0x51fb1116
    Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434f4d
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000c41f
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x%9
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x%10
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: %11
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: %12

midknight

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!

I'm very interested in the MySQL migration, as I am having lots of trouble with sleep issues and db corruption, but I'd rather not do a complete reinstall... It would be great if 1.6 final allowed us to migrate DB without clean install :)

Anyway, thanks for mediaportal and keep up the good work! (y)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm very interested in the MySQL migration, as I am having lots of trouble with sleep issues and db corruption, but I'd rather not do a complete reinstall...
    You can manually install MySQL 5.6 without a reinstall.
    Process would be:
    1. Upgrade to MP 1.6 PR.
    2. Use the import/export section of TV Server configuration to export all your channels etc.
    3. Stop the TV service and ensure TV Server configuration is closed.
    4. Uninstall MySQL.
    5. Install MySQL 5.6. Make sure to remember the root username and password that you use for step 9.
    6. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    7. Change the "target" from ...\SetupTv.exe" to ...SetupTv.exe" /configure-db ... (note that the quotation marks are important).
    8. Double click on the shortcut. You should now see the database connection popup that you would have seen when you first installed. All the fields should be set with your current database connection parameters.
    9. Configure username and password for the new MySQL 5.6 database. Using the root user is easiest. You can use a different user account if you want, but that requires extra configuration in MySQL which is beyond the scope of this post.
    10. Click "test" and then "save".
    11. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    12. Remove the configure-db section that you added.
    13. Open TV Server configuration.
    14. Go to the import/export section.
    15. Import the file exported in step 2.
    This process should give the best possible outcomes in terms of the database.

It would be great if 1.6 final allowed us to migrate DB without clean install :)
    Sorry but this is really unlikely to happen for the reason given in the release news: people may be using MySQL for other purposes. We have no right to automatically upgrade the database (which risks losing data) without asking. Yes, we could possibly add an option in the installer, but making sure that upgrade process is 100% bulletproof is much more work than you might think. When you consider that the option would only be relevant for this release... the risks and effort are not worth it.

You can always take matters into your own hands by following the above process. :)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As there are so many changes to the DB etc, can I go back by just installing 1.5 over 1.6pre again if I needed to?

For the plugins: Fanart Handler not working.

Users who are viewing this thread