France France
    Ok i fear i will need to test with remote session :p

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, just wanted to inform you madVRers here that I've bought my first UHD Blu-ray (Dunkirk), and unfortunately MP doesn't want to play it ("Unable to play: index", but it sees the title and correct chapters and duration) even though MPC-HC with latest LAV nightly can.
    I know nevcairiel had to update the libbluray component a few months ago specifically for UHD support (Update libbluray · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters@f6ca873 · GitHub), could it be possible libbluray isn't up to date even in MP's latest build?
    It's no big deal, but I just wanted to provide feedback now that we can play UHD discs in open source players.:D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    BDReader can't handle UHD stream but playing without menu (using LAV Splitter) should works :p
    You need to uncheck the option or disable it from GUI :)

upload_2018-2-12_20-46-20.png

I know that i have update code for movpic, i didn't remember if it's in official commit :(
    Attached is my movpic build :p

Attachments

• moving-pictures-1.8.1.X.Sebastiii.mpe1
      4.9 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hi,
    BDReader can't handle UHD stream but playing without menu (using LAV Splitter) should works [emoji14]
    You need to uncheck the option or disable it from GUI :)

View attachment 196189

I know that i have update code for movpic, i didn't remember if it's in official commit :(
    Attached is my movpic build :p
    MovPic? :( How about MyVideo?

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @azzuro I'm using an ASUS BW-16D1HT (must not upgrade firmware to newer than 3.02) and An*DVD HD
    There are a few LG models that work, and rebadged ASUS models based on them (see The ultimate Ultra HD Blu-ray 'friendly' drive list - with recommendation of best)

@Sebastiii Thanks, I forgot about that setting. :whistle:
    EDIT: still not sure I'm getting this right. The option says "video player will be used to play BD". I thought "video player" was in fact already used if you chose "Title n" instead of "Menu" in the first dialog after "Play disc" ? Are these two different playback methods? This is a bit confusing.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes there is different method :)
    Using "Internal menu blu-ray player" or not, this means :

1- Internal menu blu-ray player (Enable) will be able to use a menu or not (when no selecting menu, we can always select a title manually) -> this mode use BDReader filter. (not compatible with HEVC stream)
    2- Internal menu blu-ray player (Disable) will use LAV Splitter (itself, it will auto detect the title to play but it can be wrong too sometimes) -> we can use another plugin that permit to select title from a title list (BDHandler)

Attached is a version that can work with UHD and madVR (i was able to test only disc, so not sure it will work for all disc) :)

Attachments

• BDHandler_(0.9.8.00)_madVR.mpe1
      75 KB

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

any idea why MP might not react to keyboard shortcuts (madvr stats / Ctrl+J) anymore while any other player still does ?
    It is using madvr for sure cause if i enable the stats with the shortcut using another player it shows up in MP as well ... weird.

I have just reinstalled the latest version of MP from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom